Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Let's all sing amen to that! Now, how much would you like to donate to our Holy Church of Fanatic Empiricism? Fund our crusade against all religions, only we have found the truth! Sharing is caring!
    I wouldn't say I was a fanatical empiricist. That would imply I was acting disproportionately to the evidence.

Being "against" all religions is a distinct philosophy. Ideally, I wouldn't consider myself to be of that position. I don't consider myself an atheist because I think it may give the illusion of respectability to the theist position. I am no more an atheist than I am a person who does not believe in phantom turds that cannot be observed.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post
    But why does something have to be picked up by the 5 senses to exist?

What if there existed things, for example, that could only be picked up by a 6th, 7th, or 8th sense?

What if there was an entity/world that existed that couldn't be completely picked up/comprehended by our brains?

In other words, why are *we* (humans) the masters of the universe, to determine whether or not something exists
    Your post made me realise (or perhaps made me have a thought I previously had) that no being could be omniscient. Because how can any being rule out the existence of something outside its own experience? Simply defining a being as omniscient would not be an adequate rebuttal.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Eternal torture is only a hangup if you believe an omnibenevolent being exists.

Although in my view, an allegedly omnipotent and omniscient being resorting to such a practice must be a very weak and stupid being
    It's actually a mark of supreme mercy and frankly undeserved difference. C.S. Lewis put it best. In the end, you will meet God. At the end of that meeting there are only 2 choices and you will have ultimately already made one. Either you submit to him and say "Thy will be done" and enter into heaven, or you don't. In that case, God says to you "Thy will be done". The latter answer, of course, lands you in hell. You chose it in that case with both eyes open, he all but spelled it out what that place means and is, and yet, the final choice was on you and you told the embodiment/form of the Good, Love, Truth, and Mercy to go fuck himself. Thy will be done then indeed.

This also hinges on a view of eternity that most people fail to grok unless it's spelled out for them. I shall do so now. Why is a million years a second and a second a million years according to God in some form of that famous formulation? Well, because it is. Eternity, for a Christian, is now for God. The heat death of the universe, is now. The big bang, is now. This is also why "deathbed confessions" are also a thing that can happen. If, in that final moment of life, you reject Satan and all his works, than as far as God is concerned you always did because that final instant is what mattered given how he perceives/embodies Eternity.

Wrap your head around all that my hopeful future convert. The concept of God isn't as irrational or farfetched as you may think.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking at Gulenko's concept of a plus/minus sign of each function, it does make me wonder if the concept of eternal hell comes from gamma types, who have Fi- (condemnation of "evil", wishing to punish people for doing wrong). it also seems to have an aspect of Se, since you will be "forced" to spend an eternity in agonizing pain if you don't behave in a specific way. subteigh, being an EII, has Fi+ on the other hand, a function that focuses more on trust, forgiveness, comfort. for him, the concept of eternal hell must seem rather ridiculous and inhumane. his type's idea of a god would probably be much kinder. as an alpha type without a focus on Fi and Se, I personally find the idea of eternal hell honestly rather stupid, especially when it's defended by someone who has an anime profile picture, who probably browses places like /pol. just my 2 cents.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    It's actually a mark of supreme mercy and frankly undeserved difference. C.S. Lewis put it best. In the end, you will meet God. At the end of that meeting there are only 2 choices and you will have ultimately already made one. Either you submit to him and say "Thy will be done" and enter into heaven, or you don't. In that case, God says to you "Thy will be done". The latter answer, of course, lands you in hell. You chose it in that case with both eyes open, he all but spelled it out what that place means and is, and yet, the final choice was on you and you told the embodiment/form of the Good, Love, Truth, and Mercy to go fuck himself. Thy will be done then indeed.

This also hinges on a view of eternity that most people fail to grok unless it's spelled out for them. I shall do so now. Why is a million years a second and a second a million years according to God in some form of that famous formulation? Well, because it is. Eternity, for a Christian, is now for God. The heat death of the universe, is now. The big bang, is now. This is also why "deathbed confessions" are also a thing that can happen. If, in that final moment of life, you reject Satan and all his works, than as far as God is concerned you always did because that final instant is what mattered given how he perceives/embodies Eternity.

Wrap your head around all that my hopeful future convert. The concept of God isn't as irrational or farfetched as you may think.
    If you think I am going to worship a being that engages in torture simply because I've seen it, you are very much mistaken. There is nothing merciful about torture, for any period of time. That only tells me that I am more merciful than your God.

I don't accept or reject Satan - I simply see no evidence it exists.

If God as a concept isn't irrational, then you would be able to provide an unique property of it that is observable.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dead account View Post
    looking at Gulenko's concept of a plus/minus sign of each function, it does make me wonder if the concept of eternal hell comes from gamma types, who have Fi- (condemnation of "evil", wishing to punish people for doing wrong). it also seems to have an aspect of Se, since you will be "forced" to spend an eternity in agonizing pain if you don't behave in a specific way. subteigh, being an EII, has Fi+ on the other hand, a function that focuses more on trust, forgiveness, comfort. for him, the concept of eternal hell must seem rather ridiculous and inhumane. his type's idea of a god would probably be much kinder. as an alpha type without a focus on Fi and Se, I personally find the idea of eternal hell honestly rather stupid, especially when it's defended by someone who has an anime profile picture, who probably browses places like /pol. just my 2 cents.
    I don't think it's asking too much to expect God to be better than me, who is somewhat limited. Or at least, not worse than me.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If all life emerged from evolution, so did the concept of God. God commits atrocities against humans that makes him evil in their eyes. God naturally represents the will to power of the people who created him. To humanity, God is evil. To God, humanity is evil. If humanity is evil enough to create such an evil God, then his punishment of them is not unprovoked, it is for the crime of being so evil that they would create an evil God. Evil God and evil Humanity deserve each other.
    Boom, Theodicy from an atheistic starting point.

Either nothing is wrong and no one is evil, or everything is wrong and everyone is evil.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the spirit of Jungian thought:

Humanity has an idea of an omnipotent, superior being. Something or someone we depend on. A "heavenly father".

Where could such an idea come from? What does it represent?

It is reality. God is reality. Reality is superior to us, it is omnipotent, we depend on it. Reality is our "father", the harsh teacher.

So far so good. But the amazing thing is that reality really IS God. If you think about it. "reality" and "god" are interchangeable words. Think about it for awhile.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God orders and commands the salvation of life to liberty persuasion of gloves on the seismic ferocity of the tyrant in the making crossing hairs and splitting threads to balloon with invincible self electrocution soda beams and time flutes.

God realizes fame and legacy in timely and well positioned fleets of long range supervising of major conquests and talismans to anchor without resistance.

God is the ultimate potential, the mind wave, the copycat of dreams and rainbows. Life promise to untold shores and musical retreats glow with unveiled mind channels for feeling free and streaming for the star spangled banner.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112