Thread: Chuck Schuldiner

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chuck Schuldiner

[ Chuck Schuldiner - EII ]

Attachment 18359

Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner, was a American musician, guitarrist, vocalist, composer and founding member of the band Death and Control Denied. He is considered the father of death metal, though he said he wasn't comfortable with the nickname: "I don't think I should take the credits for this death metal stuff. I'm just a guy from a band, and I think Death is metal band".

A little video to introduce him: an MTV interview recorded after the release of his fourth studio album, called "Human". It encapsulates the vision he had with his musical project, at least since his third album.

I think I can make a good analysis of his personality based on the video.

From 00:00 to 00:15, is evidenced his desire for constant improvement, not only as an artist and a person who presents volitional problems to make his projects a reality, but as a person in regards to how one relates to others, understanding the context that preceeds the release of his album Human: it was supposed to be a european tour for the third album "Spiritual Healing" with the band Kreator, but only Terry Butler, the bassist and Bill Andrews, the baterist, decided to go, while Chuck refused to assist. In an 1989 interview he said "They told me that they were going to go ahead and I simply thought: "Well, it doesn't matter, I knew that it was going to be shit". There was nothing I could do for them. They felt that they needed to carry out and that was fine. I could see how people could see that I didn't care about nothing, but the thing is that I had to leave it aside, I had to think of me above all. When I heard that they were leaving, I said "Well, it is fucked up, but it will have to happen, I will pick up all the pieces when everything is over. I'll assume the responsability of what I did and is what I'm doing, I'm not blaming anyone but myself". From that 1989 interview we can conclude two things: First, he was a valuer, who valued personal accountability, prioritized himself and respected other people values and points of view (distinghishing their compromise); and second, that he had a weak Se, possibly vulnerable , because he couldn't convince or push people to comply with his decision to stay in America, he didn't show any resistance. Also, the reasons why Chuck didn't want to go were very -driven: The tour was horribly organized, according to his standards.

According to this page: http://agoraphobic-news.com/metal_go...of_death_metal, their own band members turned against him:
    His and Death’s name was defamed by negative press and rumors which portrayed him as a psychotic monster, a dictatorial lunatic within the band. The rumors were that he was in a mental institution while the rest of the band was on tour, that he quit Death, that he wanted to start a glam band etc.
    It is possible that early symptoms of his brain tumor, which led him to his death 12 years later, were beginning to show up... but are just my presumptions. Later, Chuck took legal action against them and they were fired (use of is justified).

From 00:21 to 0:43, he mentions this, how he faced those critical situations of difamation and mistrust, situations that fuel the fears of the Delta Quadra. Chuck deals with the Complex of Clipped Wings, from which we could say he overcomes by getting a bigger recognition by music critics, making one of the most important albums in metal history.

From 01:41 to 2:31, he mentions the importance his friends had to help him recover and make the album as sucessfully crafted as he wanted to be: "They luckily highly professional what they do also, so it's a great combination of friends and top-notch musicians". This highlight of their professionalism is what make think he has suggestive .
    The individual is attracted to people seen as knowledgeable, as well as truthful and willing to share that knowledge, in matters seen as interesting and useful to the individual towards achieving productivity and efficiency.
    With his new line-up, it was possible to make one of the first technical death metal albums, they elevated the genre at a level that few bands were able to reach, the virtuosism on the instruments wasn't easily matched, it was compositionally and lirically different, the other bands were still stuck in the themes of gore and brutality, but Death did something different. Is literally demonstrative in action, as the Wikisocion's Information Elements page explains:
    The individual is quite adept at following discussions on the developments of present trends into the future and at contributing to them on occasion if he feels so inclined, but he does not take that as seriously compared to investigating possibilities in the areas he is interested in at present.
    We can see more of his , from which his is feed, from 04:56 to 05:43.

From 02:38 to 03:41, we see a little bit of his , he is concerned about the image that he and his band creates among the people and he wants to change it, by making it more accesible, more thoughtful, more universal, less brutal. He wants to create something of which every person can identify with, as he would achieve with the arrival of Symbolic, his most acclaimed album. The type description of Vera Stratiyevskaya mentions this:
    Dostoyevsky will not allow himself to be for someone the source of the unpleasant emotions: loves no one namerenno to irritate or to tease. Moreover, it will allow no one of its close ones to irritate or to tease others.
    But it is called the ignoring function, so his albums have to be still unpleasant and even shocking to hear, as the nature of the genre dictates. He messes with society and religious organization in Spiritual Healing in a not very subtle way and later, does the same but less often and more subtle in later albums. He says things that people may find controversial. "Altering the Future" is about death penalty and abortion, "Lack of Comprehension" is about people who hate metal, "Pull the Plug" is about euthanasia, "Suicide Machine" is about the right to die, "Crystal Mountain" is about people intolerant to jewish people, possibly protestants, the entire The Sound of Perseverance album sounds like the story of the people who live in the hell (if you interpret it literally).
    Though, he still receives input from to inspire his work, if those unpleasant themes and sounds are intentional, he does a good job in causing provocative emotions.
    Dostoyevsky knows how to adapt his emotional state to emotions and experiences of another person. It knows how to remove irritation, stress, knows how to quiet.
    Leprosy, for example, is about the pain humans have to face. Human is about the experiences that makes us human. is an strong function on Chuck.
    Sphere of the observation of Dostoyevsky - the emotion of man, his feeling, the state of his soul.

Dostoyevsky always very thinly notices mood, sincere state, feelings and experiences of man.
    Haha, all this wall of text and I haven't talked on yet! Well, it is difficult to explain its presence, without talking about his songs, where his Ne is strongly expressed. Well, it is his creative functions, so I suppose it is only visible through his art:
    Creatively implemented intuition of possibilities allows the EII to be farsighted, prudent and judicious in his behavior. The purpose of his foresight is to be able to foresee possible complications of relations and act preemptively to avoid or prevent them...
    [ Symbolic ]

"Savor what you feel and what you see. Things that may not seem important now. But may be tomorrow".

Take care of your innocence, once you run out of it, you can't buy more. I think Chuck said something like that.

Or another simpler example, the song [ Living Monstrosity ]. It is about a baby who born deformed due by his mother drugs consumption. It could have been prevented, the baby could have been aborted, the parents couldn't have sex unprotected, the mother could have asked for help and stopped using drugs... His right to live a dignified life has been denied.

Despite all his optimism, EII is capable of prudently calculating the worst course of events precisely for the purpose of avoiding negative consequences and making sure that everything works out in best possible way for himself and for others.
    [ Flattening of Emotions ]

"What went wrong to their picture perfect life. They once knew flattening of emotions". Cause: Suppresion of emotions. Consequences: A person dead alive. Breathing, but without feelings, with no soul. Or maybe a person whose emotions exploded for ignoring them for a very long time and now they're unbearable. Or the song could be just about schizophrenia simply.

For more examples of songs with distant futures, life-preservation warnings and disastrous possibilites see: 1,000 Eyes, The Flesh and the Power It Holds, Trapped in a Corner, Overactive Imagination, Within the Mind, etc.

Well, about , I think he expressed it in his first two albums in form of horror stories with unpleasant sensory experiencies.

Si is associated with the ability to internalize sensations and to experience them in full detail.

Si focuses on tangible, direct (external) connections (introverted) between processes (dynamic) happening in one time, i.e. the physical, sensual experience of interactions between objects. This leads to an awareness of internal tangible physical states and how various physical fluctuations or substances are directly transferred between objects, such as motion, temperature, or dirtiness.
    "Drifting from the living, joining with the dead. Zombie dwelling maggots, now infest your head" lyrics from Zombie Ritual.

"Watch you bleed to death. Gasping for last breath. Choking on your blood" lyrics from Sacrificial.

"A life that's so obscure. First an arm and then a leg. Deterioration grows. Rotting while they breathe – Death comes slow" lyrics from Leprosy.

But, having as a valued but weak function, he doesn't take it as seriously as the invisible abstract forces that deteriorate our spiritual, mental and existencial well-being, not only as individuals but also as a society.

From 03:50 to 04:12, he says "Reality is far more brutal than a demon, you know, tearing someone's heart out. That just doesn't happen, I see no demons around me. I see, I think, if there's evil, it's people, you know, there's cruel people out there. Evil is real on Earth, you know what I'm saying?". Curiously... the most intuitive approach is the most realistic this time.

But, he didn't ignore it, he also took good care of his health.

https://miro.medium.com/max/383/1*v1...g_KO8JQew.jpeg

Do you think so?

I am skeptical of V.I., but if it helps, there is an image of Chuck along a portrait of a male EII.

Socionics INFj EII Dostoyevsky Filatova portraits photos photographs visual identification type .pngchuckschuldiner3pic.jpg

They have a similar nose shape.

There's no doubt, he as EII, right?
    Last edited by HeInin; 11-27-2022 at 05:30 AM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

possibly ILE
    ILI second most likely
    based on perceptions of non-verbal behaviour, not physical attributes
    Last edited by nifl; 03-05-2023 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm, ILE makes sense, I didn't considered, I have only seen him typed as a Fi user (IEE, ESI and EII), but is a great guess. Let's analyze it.

Chuck's base :

The ENTp is a dreamer and romantic, who captivates himself and others with his ideas. A lack of participation of others in his plans is painfully experienced by him.

From 01:16 to 01:53, he mentions his disappointment and dispise for all the members who left the band. "Not including Chris, who is great guy, as far as other members I had a bad, unfortunately bad luck with getting people who just are lame or have some sort of problem one way or another". Which, was a constant in all his career, I think every line-up was different. Even before he formed the band Death, when he had the band Mantas, he showed some signs of an authoritarian personality, according to Kam Lee, in a interview: "I won't speak badly about Chuck because he is dead, but I'm going to tell the truth: In that moment were 16 year old boys and Chuck made us a power game. He called me and said that Rick was out of the band, he said it was his home, his garage, his rules so therefore that how it was going to be. He told me that he would continue it if we wanted to be part of it, that from that moment we would be named as Death. He didn't even last a week until he tell us that he needed Rick back".

He is irritated by people that are incapable of or don't want to fantasize and dream. Grounded "realists" who treat the products of his imagination as empty and worthless risk finding in him an ardent and irreconcilable opponent.
    All the unfornate events that happened during the making of his first three albums led him to creation of Human. Though, he covers these topics of difamation and social repression in all his career, the complex of Closed Mouth fits better, I think. In "Lack of Comprehension", as I said before he talks about people who hate metal and condemn it ignorantly. In "Crystal Mountain" he talks about his religiously bigoted neighbours, who couldn't hear his band playing that horrible music. In "Spirit Crusher" he talks about the people who don't care about other people dreams being destroyed: "If it could then it would steal the sun and the moon from sky, beware".

While being captivated by something, the ENTp cannot get distracted by another matter. Therefore, it's not enough to say that the ILE prefers to do only what interests him — rather the ILE is unable to do that, which does not interest him. We can confidently say that mandatory, forced education of some required subject is a painful torture and outright abuse of themselves for any representatives of this type.
    From 02:07 to 02:29, he expresses stubbornly his desire to make his music a certain way: "Sure, I like when a band keeps a certain line-up but as long as they keep the sound, you know, I'm just concerned with that then putting out good music and I think Death no matter what always stayed true to the music and that's what it really matters".

Chuck's creative :

Ability to reason the ENTp considers to be the most valuable characteristic in both himself and other people. The ILE attributes huge significance to intellectual creativity and development of intellectual abilities.
    He criticizes unability in other people to be more open-minded or logical in the song Without Judgment: "We condemn your soul and fate. Never mind the possibilities. Too busy for logic or to calculate".
    Also criticize people who preach about things they don't follow, pointing contradictions between what they say and what they do "Your mind is not your own. What sounds more mentally stimulating is how you make your choice. So you preach about how I'm supposed to be. Yet you don't know your own sexuality". This is also the theme of the song "Spiritual Healing" directed to bigoted religious people and corrupt church members: "Using faith as an excuse to kill. A sick way of life is now revealed... Practice what you preach. Your loved one is now deceased".

I need help here. What other things you see on him that are related to Ti? Maybe his lack of tact in the way he directed his works at the public?

Chuck's role :

A tendency to defend and protect his or her right to live in the way he or she wants is characteristic of the ENTp. Constantly and everywhere the ENTp demands the recognition of his or her rights to free intellectual creativity without any limitations. He should be as free as his thought and fantasy. Free of various social conventions, obligations, commitments, complaints, from everything that interferes with his intellectual creativity.
    Nothing to add at this moment.

The ENTp often faces a contradictions between the heightened demands that he presents to others and the lowered demands that he presents to himself. For example, when evaluating another's work, he won't tolerate even the tiniest logical mistakes and inaccuracies, while at the same time, in his own work he may consider any logical error permissible, asserting that it doesn't sufficiently influence the essence of this work or an idea.
    I'm not certain about this, but I've seen some people saying that the song The Philosopher was written to Paul Masvidal as an attack to him. There must have to be a reason why members didn't like Chuck Schuldiner too much, why he changed line-ups so much, even before the release of an album. In an interview during the recording sessions of Individual Thought Patterns, you see his band members joking about Chuck: "the whole universe spins around Chuck". He had to be the one who makes all the decisions, he had to control everything in the way he wanted, as he said in previous interview I sent: "I like when a band keeps a certain line-up but as long as they keep the sound".

[ 1993 Death interview in Morrisound studios ]

https://youtu.be/WoFyyT6DrYo?t=472

Chuck's vulnerable :

Relationships with other people don't come easy to the ENTp; in fact, they don't easily happen at any distance. For example, his lessened demands for himself along with his heightened demands for others are often perceived by others as a blatant injustice. ENTp's habit of overvaluing his own abilities and simultaneously scornfully speaking about the intellectual potential of other people also does not invoke particular sympathies.
    We may have an explanation of all the change in his line-ups. In interviews we could see Chuck offended of what he considers betrayals of all people who left. The song Story to Tell might show us the unability of Chuck of self-criticize himself and accept his mistakes.

First of these problems is that the ENTp acknowledges freedom and independence only for himself, sometimes not leaving his partner even the right to have own opinion.
    Haha, man, I'm destroying a man I admire... he did very interesting musical works, but he was really a toothache in the recording studios.

Chuck's suggestive :

The individual tends to be chronically unaware of his own bodily processes, including physiological sensations and a sense of balance and alignment with one's true desires.
    The need to worry about his own condition and convenience is often neglected by the ENTp since this prevents him from thinking and working, and distracts him from other, more important concerns.
    According to the mother of Chuck, Jane Schuldiner, even when his health was deteriorating due to his brain tumor, he didn't stop working on his project. He wanted to make possible a second Control Denied album while still battling with his cancer, unfortunately, he died on December 13, 2001, before he could finish it.

He sometimes has peculiar preferences or tastes, which he himself is unable to understand or fulfill.
    Maybe that explains his initial fixation for the horror and gory themes in his first two albums.

Ugh, I'm tired... is this enough to type him?
    Last edited by HeInin; 11-27-2022 at 06:55 PM.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(RIP) He was EIE imho (But my typing skills sucks !). Rational Dynamic Intuitive E-J Beta Quadra.

Your Methodology is quite interesting though. I imagine that you put a lot of time and effort to it, it's very well done (and you did it twice so I guess that Chuck Schuldiner is a person of special interest to you). The First Typing was EII and the second ILE (supervisor - Supervisee ITR that's interesting !) both of your arguments were compared and contrasted (by functions) with the types descriptions in an attempt to match them so that would make sense.

I think it's difficult to make abstraction of what the subject is saying and focus on the IE he or she conveys and of course noticing the IE that are less or not conveyed. The descriptions are just a (among many) manifestation of a set of behaviors more or less related to IEs in the context of a given TIM. Those descriptions functions by functions are more like vague generalities. The problem is that it doesn't quite isolate a person representative of a given type because one can with (some creativity) find arguments in some aspects, situations or period of the subject's life to advocate different types even those that are a priori very different from one another like you did when you jumped from EII to ILE ( although EII can resemble an ILE at close psychological distance). The TIM should fit the subject in priority and not the other way around because each Typing is a custom-made one it's like "Haute couture" ahah.

I'm not into VI (I like to play the "lookalike Game" though ahah !) but to me he resembles Lars Ulrich from Metallica :

What type do you think Lars is ?
    Last edited by godslave; 11-27-2022 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wrong. Shit, I'm horribly wrong. Now that I look at him in another perspective, yes, he's probably an EIE. The EII typing is the one that makes less sense of the three. Your typing skills are better than mine haha, more accurate.

I'm going to apply my methodology one last time, with some slight changes. I think I've done the hardest part, so I'll only have to make quotes and add short comments to give it more sense. But I’m going to retype him later, because I'm busy with college haha, sorry for taking too much time to reply.

I haven't listened to Metallica, so my typing could be far from accurate, it would be helpful if I knew their story to contextualize myself and how Lars Ulrich is involved in the creative process, compositionally and lyrically, of the music they make. Intuitively, without knowing much about who he is and what he has done, but observing what he focuses on in his conversations and how he generates his thoughts and relying on Wikisocion's information elements and functions theory, I can see he's an ESI or SEE, but looking at some internet articles I found that Lars got an impression of James as "very shy and introverted", so I imagine there has to be a noticeable difference in personalities that made him thought in that way, so SEE is the most probable option, I sense.

Lars’s base :

Perceives information about what might be called objects' "kinetic energy" — for example, information about how organized/mobilized a person is, his physical energy and power, and his ability to make use of his willpower or position and exercise his will in opposition to others'. This perception implies the ability to tell what reserves of "kinetic energy" people have and how useful they can be in getting things done. It defines the individual's ability or inability to exercise his willpower and energy in opposition to the will and energy of other people.

“I think it was just much attitude-wise as musical”. He was attracted to the irreverent and rebellious attitude that punk irradiated and tried to apply it to heavy metal as he later explains. He pays close attention to the energy and will of a person presenting himself as he is. He highlights his father’s attitude or aesthetic in contrasting the predominant white and conservative environment around him and his mother, I suppose, partying and energetic attitude when he says “My mom can still out drink me any day of the week”. But I think it’s more evident in his comparison between American people and Danish people: “They are not a lot of people in Denmark that are like really sort of hungry, really gung-ho, really ARRHGH” and gestures it in a way that tries to transmit the vibes he gets from them, because is his main point of confidence. I suppose, as it is really easy for him to spot that kinetic energy in people, he thinks it is easy to understand this non-verbal information to the people he’s talking to. He immediately does the same with his fists and says “American people are much more hungry, much more want to do something with their lives”. And to finish, in the last part of the video, he tells how he showed immediate opposition against organized religion and censorship that was infesting the music industry as a reason or inspiration to push further the Metallica project.

Lars’s creative :

This is the subjective relationship between two carriers of potential or kinetic energy that shows the level of attraction (or repulsion) between one object or subject and another object or subject. Thanks to this IM element a person feels which objects attract him and which repel him. You might say that this perceptual element conveys information about objects' need or lack of need of each other and about the presence or absence of mutual or one-way needs.

This fixation in attitudes by part of Lars is not only a product of his leading function but his creative one. He processes all that information he receives with and applies it as a guide to shape his way of being, adopting all the elements he perceives as attractive but also filtering the ones that don’t really match with him, to conserve his own essence, because it is a priority for him, and I imagine, all users, to have their own intellectual/creative autonomy. We see this during all his video: He and his band got captivated by this rebellious Se attitude found in punk while still playing in a different genre, which was heavy metal; he adopted his father attitude of being himself even if he differentiated himself from the rest and took a different path, which was music instead of sports; he was influenced by bands like Motorhead, Diamond Head, Whitesnake but he wanted to be different as possible. We see this in more clarity with the example he makes with “the guy from Diamond Head”: “He’s not really brilliant ( evaluation, I suppose), but there’s a lot shit that I pick up on ( attraction), you know like…”.

He made his need for independence more clear for me in another interview, made in Czech Republic in 1996, which I saw to get a better perception of him: an interviewer asked him something like “Imagine you have only one chance to call all the people in the world and give them a message. What would you tell them?”. He answered “Think for yourself, look inside yourself, be yourself, seek answers for yourself, look inward”.

Such an individual perceives information about this facet of objective reality the individual perceives as a need for certain objects that satisfy physical wishes/desires, psychological or spiritual desires, and a need for other people — in other words, a person's wishes/desires and interests that are directed toward animate and inanimate objects. This includes feelings of like and dislike, love and hatred, the desire to obtain some thing/object, etc., and greed or the absence of greed. The higher feelings of this kind can be called ethical, because relationships between people's needs are mainly regulated by ethical norms.

Talking about satisfaction of wishes, desires, needs and interests towards animate and inanimate objects and the first sentence of the previous quote “This is the subjective relationship between two carriers of potential or kinetic energy that shows the level of attraction (or repulsion) between one object or subject and another object or subject.”, we see how much sense had the words of Lars when he said he found “solace” and felt that he had a clear purpose with Metallica, they perceived a clear input of threat from the entities that tried to censor them, so their was fed to respond accordingly.

Lars’s role :
    The individual is uncertain of other people’s motives, intentions, and abilities and prefers to give them clear commands and assignments and judge their intentions and potential by whether or not they fulfill these demands.

He tends to openly express mistrust and skepticism towards all unexpected or novel behavior and developments, as well as towards information about things that he or she has not experienced directly.
    I suppose this is the source of the fears of the SEE. I can see this only in the last clip, when he talks about how the American media showed him a world of which he wasn’t prepared for and that was coming from them, about to invade and change the way they have to live (though this could be too). Fortunately for him, he had a band and other people to support him and counterattack this uncertainty and repression (I suppose it was repression, because he was talking about organized religion and censorship). I suppose this is why he also reacted so fiercely against Napster (yeah, I don’t know about the band but know about that case haha, it’s music history).

I can’t find any more arguments at the moment.

Lars’s vulnerable :
    He prefers to limit the number of theoretical categories he works with and tends to see new terminology, systems, and rules as being arbitrary and unnecessary until he at last discovers their necessity for himself through extensive personal experience.

This was the first thing I fixated on, to me, it was an evident weakness. I saw the interview of Lars Ulrich in which he talks about the song that appeared on Stranger Things and it is clear that he has really improved the way he communicates, he doesn’t seem too leisurely as when he was younger. I don’t know if this is related to but I’ve seen that he has a problem explaining why things are different from each other and tends to rely on similes and examples. For example: “My parents are fairly different to other parents, I would say”, then proceeds to explain why he’s different saying “my dad’s fairly different” and laughs nervously being conscious of his lexical clumsiness, then laughs louder after saying “he was a naval” conscious that is still doesn’t explain why other parents were different. He then does this one last time saying “different kind of upbringing, different parents” giggling more relaxed, once he has described his father better by comparing him and other people by impressions: “Hippe, long-hair” vs. “White, conservative”. Later, in the video, we see Lars trying to make categorical differences between Danish people and American people, but he can only describe them by impressions, although he tried to explain how their societal structure determined their behavior: “Denmark, because of the way the system is set up and the whole social structure…”. I suppose because he didn’t have a clear idea of how America's system and social structure was different (which could indicate Ne as a role function too).

Some of the Stratiyevskaya’s SEE description:

Sometimes these are the displaced or unstable interests in the received information. For example: listening to explanations, Caesar frequently is distracted from the basic idea, and suddenly they begin to interest some completely secondary moments or unessential details. It is unnoticeable for itself, it moves away from basic themes or distracts by questions of secondary significance. Or by the questions, which do not completely refer to the discussed object.

Lars’s suggestive :

The SEE does not hide his problems on this aspect. How can he hide them when it becomes obvious that with all of his exceptional activity the SEE never has enough time. And where is he going to get it, when he starts several matters and undertakings simultaneously, each requiring high expenditures of time and effort.
    An attempt to concentrate on what he should do now and how long it will take out the SEE into a lot of tension.
    Could this be applied to real-time conversations? I feel Lars rushes into finishing his conversation too quickly due to his and does not let the topics be covered in an appropriate timing because he doesn’t know how to determine where he wants to head it. I’ll try to count his leaps or times where he seems redundant: First clip: “We were very, I think, ATTITUDE-WISE(1), in the late 70s, early 80s, the ATTITUDES(2) and things like that were, you know, fans like, you know, (insert band names) and so forth, but I think it was just much ATTITUDE-WISE(3) as musical because ATTITUDES(4) came across back then” and finally after the fourth attitude proceeds to explain his point. Second clip: The same example of vulnerable : “my parents were fairly DIFFERENT”. Third clip: From the 3:34, he is talking about “Well, for a drummer’s point of view I’d say Phil(1) and, fuck um…” he pauses and changes the focus on determining in which way they influence him or if they influence him totally, instead of listing his influences and from there explain in which aspect, but it’s not structured or organized, so he has to restart his answer and say “but I think, influences is, fuck um, this um, Phil(2) and uh, the guy from Diamond Head” then pauses again and focuses on giving him a critical evaluation of his capabilities and then come back to say he influences from him: “I mean, he’s not really brilliant or anything but does a lot of shit that I kind of pick up on”. Fourth clip: “You know like people in Denmark that are, you know, you call them then papers and stuff, they’re, you know, proud of” he pauses and comes a few steps back to explain their societal system instead of their qualities or impressions of them “Denmark, because the system is set up and the whole social structure and so on there’s not a lot of people that are really”. I might be confusing lack of connectors or a correct flow of information with , but I think it is about it, isn’t it? Ugh, Ni is a complicated information element. If you compare him to Chuck Schuldiner you’ll see that he doesn’t talk in a way that seems redundant, though he overuses the words “you know” too, his way of talking seems more straight to the point and fluent, I don’t know how to explain it.

Lars’s mobilizing :

The individual is keen on accumulating factual knowledge on subjects of personal interest and those that help him be more efficient and productive, but he's often unsure of his ability to find and select the correct information and is therefore attracted to people whom he sees as competent in that area and reassure him.

When he talks about Diamond Head, he shows his admiration and talks about how he molded or influenced his technical/creative process. He says “My major influence from that (arranging the songwriting) is Diamond Head because I stayed with him for like six, seven weeks, two summers ago and I really got an insight in how they did their shit and how the worked and what kind of shit they did to try to be different and original and stuff like that. It gave me, you know real good learning shit back then”. He knew how to adapt the punk attitude into the heavy metal, he’s very observant of the trends around him and tries to take advantage of them by absorbing the best of their qualities, which his perceives as attractive.

Lars’s ignoring :

There is no sight of Si in all the videos I’ve seen from him, not any... at all.

Lars’s demonstrative :

The individual appreciates situations where people are enjoying a positive emotional atmosphere as in having fun and joking together, and is quite adept at creating them himself, but does not see creating or promoting them a top priority, nor does he actively look for people who maintain or need such an atmosphere; too high a focus on that is seen by the individual as overdone.

I don’t know who he is greeting in the first clip but Lars ends up laughing awkwardly as if he were just scared or didn’t realized there was someone trying to communicate with him, he doesn’t make any joke, he stops suddenly as if he just lost track of what he was saying for being interrupted or as if the situation were uncomfortable. In the end second clip, he tries to make some jokes to relieve some tension ( I suppose, I might be wrong), when he tells: “My mother can out drink me any day of the week”; and proceeds to involve more people in the conversation by saying “and even James” to light up the ambient, not afraid of creating a fun ambient. He also makes a joke when he tells about the support his parents gave him to add some sauce to his stories “It’s not like I brought home “Kill ‘Em All” and here, hey, look! what I've been doing the last two years, no!”, it seems to have an effect on his partner/friend. Later in the video we see a slideshow of his photos, in all of them irradiating a positive, energetic, brotherly energy.

I feel the need to reference the interview recorded in Czech Republic in 1996. I see Lars a bit hyperactive moving a dumbbell across the table, not caring much about the impression he might send out to the interviewer. Nevertheless, he isn’t uncomfortable at trying to be playful with her, saying that she could replace the bassist who had just left the band to proceed with flirting with her and make jokes with Kirk about how he’s jealous that he found a girl to fall in love with. Kirk tries to maintain that funny (or uncomfortable, depending on who sees it) ambient with the interviewer, but once the woman asks them a serious question Lars puts himself in a thoughtful and serious mood to answer “Think for yourself, look inside yourself, be yourself, seek answers for yourself, look inward” while Kirk just jokes saying “Buy our album”. Kirk gave me an SLE, LSI impression by the way he tried to flirt, pure .

Well, clarifying some things, I don’t know anything about V.I. (well, it was clear from the comment of nifl haha), the nose thing was a joke, I made it because I saw some users in an Andrew Tate post typing him by using photos of people who are similar to him. I couldn’t believe that an image was enough to find a person’s personality.

Damn, 6 pages of text… I’m crazy. I don’t even put so much effort into my homeworks haha.
    Last edited by HeInin; 12-03-2022 at 12:24 AM.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeInin View Post
    I'm wrong. Shit, I'm horribly wrong. Now that I look at him in another perspective, yes, he's probably an EIE. The EII typing is the one that makes less sense of the three. Your typing skills are better than mine haha, more accurate.

I'm going to apply my methodology one last time, with some slight changes. I think I've done the hardest part, so I'll only have to make quotes and add short comments to give it more sense. But I’m going to retype him later, because I'm busy with college haha, sorry for taking too much time to reply.

I haven't listened to Metallica, so my typing could be far from accurate, it would be helpful if I knew their story to contextualize myself and how Lars Ulrich is involved in the creative process, compositionally and lyrically, of the music they make. Intuitively, without knowing much about who he is and what he has done, but observing what he focuses on in his conversations and how he generates his thoughts and relying on Wikisocion's information elements and functions theory, I can see he's an ESI or SEE, but looking at some internet articles I found that Lars got an impression of James as "very shy and introverted", so I imagine there has to be a noticeable difference in personalities that made him thought in that way, so SEE is the most probable option, I sense.

Lars’s base :

“I think it was just much attitude-wise as musical”. He was attracted to the irreverent and rebellious attitude that punk irradiated and tried to apply it to heavy metal as he later explains. He pays close attention to the energy and will of a person presenting himself as he is. He highlights his father’s attitude or aesthetic in contrasting the predominant white and conservative environment around him and his mother, I suppose, partying and energetic attitude when he says “My mom can still out drink me any day of the week”. But I think it’s more evident in his comparison between American people and Danish people: “They are not a lot of people in Denmark that are like really sort of hungry, really gung-ho, really ARRHGH” and gestures it in a way that tries to transmit the vibes he gets from them, because is his main point of confidence. I suppose, as it is really easy for him to spot that kinetic energy in people, he thinks it is easy to understand this non-verbal information to the people he’s talking to. He immediately does the same with his fists and says “American people are much more hungry, much more want to do something with their lives”. And to finish, in the last part of the video, he tells how he showed immediate opposition against organized religion and censorship that was infesting the music industry as a reason or inspiration to push further the Metallica project.

Lars’s creative :

This fixation in attitudes by part of Lars is not only a product of his leading function but his creative one. He processes all that information he receives with and applies it as a guide to shape his way of being, adopting all the elements he perceives as attractive but also filtering the ones that don’t really match with him, to conserve his own essence, because it is a priority for him, and I imagine, all users, to have their own intellectual/creative autonomy. We see this during all his video: He and his band got captivated by this rebellious Se attitude found in punk while still playing in a different genre, which was heavy metal; he adopted his father attitude of being himself even if he differentiated himself from the rest and took a different path, which was music instead of sports; he was influenced by bands like Motorhead, Diamond Head, Whitesnake but he wanted to be different as possible. We see this in more clarity with the example he makes with “the guy from Diamond Head”: “He’s not really brilliant ( evaluation, I suppose), but there’s a lot shit that I pick up on ( attraction), you know like…”.

He made his need for independence more clear for me in another interview, made in Czech Republic in 1996, which I saw to get a better perception of him: an interviewer asked him something like “Imagine you have only one chance to call all the people in the world and give them a message. What would you tell them?”. He answered “Think for yourself, look inside yourself, be yourself, seek answers for yourself, look inward”.

Talking about satisfaction of wishes, desires, needs and interests towards animate and inanimate objects and the first sentence of the previous quote “This is the subjective relationship between two carriers of potential or kinetic energy that shows the level of attraction (or repulsion) between one object or subject and another object or subject.”, we see how much sense had the words of Lars when he said he found “solace” and felt that he had a clear purpose with Metallica, they perceived a clear input of threat from the entities that tried to censor them, so their was fed to respond accordingly.

Lars’s role :

I suppose this is the source of the fears of the SEE. I can see this only in the last clip, when he talks about how the American media showed him a world of which he wasn’t prepared for and that was coming from them, about to invade and change the way they have to live (though this could be too). Fortunately for him, he had a band and other people to support him and counterattack this uncertainty and repression (I suppose it was repression, because he was talking about organized religion and censorship). I suppose this is why he also reacted so fiercely against Napster (yeah, I don’t know about the band but know about that case haha, it’s music history).

I can’t find any more arguments at the moment.

Lars’s vulnerable :

This was the first thing I fixated on, to me, it was an evident weakness. I saw the interview of Lars Ulrich in which he talks about the song that appeared on Stranger Things and it is clear that he has really improved the way he communicates, he doesn’t seem too leisurely as when he was younger. I don’t know if this is related to but I’ve seen that he has a problem explaining why things are different from each other and tends to rely on similes and examples. For example: “My parents are fairly different to other parents, I would say”, then proceeds to explain why he’s different saying “my dad’s fairly different” and laughs nervously being conscious of his lexical clumsiness, then laughs louder after saying “he was a naval” conscious that is still doesn’t explain why other parents were different. He then does this one last time saying “different kind of upbringing, different parents” giggling more relaxed, once he has described his father better by comparing him and other people by impressions: “Hippe, long-hair” vs. “White, conservative”. Later, in the video, we see Lars trying to make categorical differences between Danish people and American people, but he can only describe them by impressions, although he tried to explain how their societal structure determined their behavior: “Denmark, because of the way the system is set up and the whole social structure…”. I suppose because he didn’t have a clear idea of how America's system and social structure was different (which could indicate Ne as a role function too).

Some of the Stratiyevskaya’s SEE description:

Lars’s suggestive :

Could this be applied to real-time conversations? I feel Lars rushes into finishing his conversation too quickly due to his and does not let the topics be covered in an appropriate timing because he doesn’t know how to determine where he wants to head it. I’ll try to count his leaps or times where he seems redundant: First clip: “We were very, I think, ATTITUDE-WISE(1), in the late 70s, early 80s, the ATTITUDES(2) and things like that were, you know, fans like, you know, (insert band names) and so forth, but I think it was just much ATTITUDE-WISE(3) as musical because ATTITUDES(4) came across back then” and finally after the fourth attitude proceeds to explain his point. Second clip: The same example of vulnerable : “my parents were fairly DIFFERENT”. Third clip: From the 3:34, he is talking about “Well, for a drummer’s point of view I’d say Phil(1) and, fuck um…” he pauses and changes the focus on determining in which way they influence him or if they influence him totally, instead of listing his influences and from there explain in which aspect, but it’s not structured or organized, so he has to restart his answer and say “but I think, influences is, fuck um, this um, Phil(2) and uh, the guy from Diamond Head” then pauses again and focuses on giving him a critical evaluation of his capabilities and then come back to say he influences from him: “I mean, he’s not really brilliant or anything but does a lot of shit that I kind of pick up on”. Fourth clip: “You know like people in Denmark that are, you know, you call them then papers and stuff, they’re, you know, proud of” he pauses and comes a few steps back to explain their societal system instead of their qualities or impressions of them “Denmark, because the system is set up and the whole social structure and so on there’s not a lot of people that are really”. I might be confusing lack of connectors or a correct flow of information with , but I think it is about it, isn’t it? Ugh, Ni is a complicated information element. If you compare him to Chuck Schuldiner you’ll see that he doesn’t talk in a way that seems redundant, though he overuses the words “you know” too, his way of talking seems more straight to the point and fluent, I don’t know how to explain it.

Lars’s mobilizing :

When he talks about Diamond Head, he shows his admiration and talks about how he molded or influenced his technical/creative process. He says “My major influence from that (arranging the songwriting) is Diamond Head because I stayed with him for like six, seven weeks, two summers ago and I really got an insight in how they did their shit and how the worked and what kind of shit they did to try to be different and original and stuff like that. It gave me, you know real good learning shit back then”. He knew how to adapt the punk attitude into the heavy metal, he’s very observant of the trends around him and tries to take advantage of them by absorbing the best of their qualities, which his perceives as attractive.

Lars’s ignoring :

There is no sight of Si in all the videos I’ve seen from him, not any... at all.

Lars’s demonstrative :

I don’t know who he is greeting in the first clip but Lars ends up laughing awkwardly as if he were just scared or didn’t realized there was someone trying to communicate with him, he doesn’t make any joke, he stops suddenly as if he just lost track of what he was saying for being interrupted or as if the situation were uncomfortable. In the end second clip, he tries to make some jokes to relieve some tension ( I suppose, I might be wrong), when he tells: “My mother can out drink me any day of the week”; and proceeds to involve more people in the conversation by saying “and even James” to light up the ambient, not afraid of creating a fun ambient. He also makes a joke when he tells about the support his parents gave him to add some sauce to his stories “It’s not like I brought home “Kill ‘Em All” and here, hey, look! what I've been doing the last two years, no!”, it seems to have an effect on his partner/friend. Later in the video we see a slideshow of his photos, in all of them irradiating a positive, energetic, brotherly energy.

I feel the need to reference the interview recorded in Czech Republic in 1996. I see Lars a bit hyperactive moving a dumbbell across the table, not caring much about the impression he might send out to the interviewer. Nevertheless, he isn’t uncomfortable at trying to be playful with her, saying that she could replace the bassist who had just left the band to proceed with flirting with her and make jokes with Kirk about how he’s jealous that he found a girl to fall in love with. Kirk tries to maintain that funny (or uncomfortable, depending on who sees it) ambient with the interviewer, but once the woman asks them a serious question Lars puts himself in a thoughtful and serious mood to answer “Think for yourself, look inside yourself, be yourself, seek answers for yourself, look inward” while Kirk just jokes saying “Buy our album”. Kirk gave me an SLE, LSI impression by the way he tried to flirt, pure .

Well, clarifying some things, I don’t know anything about V.I. (well, it was clear from the comment of nifl haha), the nose thing was a joke, I made it because I saw some users in an Andrew Tate post typing him by using photos of people who are similar to him. I couldn’t believe that an image was enough to find a person’s personality.

Damn, 6 pages of text… I’m crazy. I don’t even put so much effort into my homeworks haha.
    Wow ! That's an excellent work, very well substantiated Typing ! Thank you very much for your time and efforts, it was a good reading !. I can see SEE.

About the bold part : So do I !

Just for fun here is a video of one the clashes between James and Lars. Lars is typing James for Us ! We can see how their communications is... complicated. (Kirk and Bob Rock always playing the moderators/mediators trying to resolve conflict). This one is with Dave Mustaine and it's quite interesting.