Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Greta Thunberg

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Greta Thunberg

-
    Last edited by Reyne; 04-03-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A young girl who does not like to go to school because of bad weather.

@soundofconfusion @Reyne She is not even 18 years old. You can type her if you want. I am out of here.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can type people when they are 3 years old. I think there's enough information to type her.

https://daserste.ndr.de/annewill/vid...unberg100.html

an english interview with her. "I'm a realist, I see facts"

she doesn't want to go to school because climate change is threatening our very existence, and it doesn't seem like we are even remotely capable of preventing it. I find Greta extremly inspiring, and it's sad that this young and intelligent girl is one of the few ray of hopes for this planet.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    you can type people when they are 3 years old.
    Yes, it is possible to type a 3 years old, but it is better not to do such thing.

Greta is a puppet in a political show.

Last edited by khcs; 08-18-2019 at 08:00 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is not an international socionics institute. I don't see a problem talking about the type of a public figure on an obscure website.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE?

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    EIE?
    why Fe base? she doesn't display any emotions (Fe as vulnerable function). she judges Data and facts and makes predictions based on that knowledge for the future (Ni + Te).

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She doesn't show any emotions
    because is her vulnerable function
    or because she has Aspergers?
    Tricky question.

Intuitive type, anyway.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Yes, it is possible to type a 3 years old, but it is better not to do such thing.

Greta is a puppet in a political show.

All politics are about using others and being used.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    All politics are about using others and being used.
    Ideally politics should be a cooperation by consensus and not game of thrones.

Wonder what the future holds for this young Swedish lady. Climate change will not be the biggest issue.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why Fe base? she doesn't display any emotions (Fe as vulnerable function). she judges Data and facts and makes predictions based on that knowledge for the future (Ni + Te).
    Intuitive impression from her words and energy, sorry. I think Ni ego as well, though.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good grief I wanted to be the one to start the nihilism here about politics.

ILI, probably.

The puppeteering that happens is clear however it raises something important: why person does this and are they blind to it and is the attention and treatment enough to make them believe in it even harder or does the person see an opportunity here [she gets the fame and as a result it takes you a long way]? Well, the analogy here is religion. It is a mass thing and only the person itself can answer it. When the perspective starts to shift and can who can break off when benefits are too good or the risk seems too great?

This is not in anyway my take on climate change.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Fearful people are everywhere. This is not a lone voice crying in the wilderness kind of thing. I am reminded of a quote, "what you resist not only persists, but will grow in size.” by Jung.

One of the deeper issues (in the world right now) is fear which is what a good psychologist could probably help those who are fearful of the unfamiliar and experiencing anxiety in relation to it with. It goes beyond anything this forum is capable of dealing with. If they would like to express their fears more in depth they are free to post about them in other areas of the forum where people who are interested in debating or commiserating with them will surely show up.

Most typing threads go off topic here but if no one responds then it doesn't get out of control. Some off topic stuff does relate to the typing of the person in question. I am not familiar with the subject of this thread. If you feel people are posting off topic you can direct them to post in another thread that deals with the topic, create their own, or ignore them.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EIE.

She seems to have no issue with influencing others or applying emotional pressure in order to attain a goal, and tries to unite people around this goal. This is the purpose Hamlets have in society, for better or worse.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 09-23-2019 at 07:03 PM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

she doesn't display any emotions

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion
    an english interview with her. "I'm a realist, I see facts"
    I'll check out the interview later, as I am interested in what she has to say as she's far from stupid.

Still, I think she is not very wise, like many radicals who push for immediate action without thinking of the consequences. All she sees is the climate, and she seems to reject certain facts (despite what she claims) for example, how dependent our civilization is on fossil fuels (for better or worse) and that cutting our carbon emissions in half in ten years (which to her is not radical enough) would be a catastrophe that will lead to economic recessions, which will inevitably lead to the rise of the far right and ethno-nationalism all across the world. A small recession like 2008 is responsible for the rise of populism everywhere, albeit indirectly, from Trump to Brexit to Bolsonaro, and a carbon tax in France lead to political instability in France, just imagine how much of a catastrophe cutting carbon emissions by that much would be, it would rive up costs of production and living which would have a destabilizing effect. I'm not saying climate change is not an important issue, don't read me wrong here, it is but there is no "easy" solution here. It seems an ILI would be aware of this, ILIs are more likely to be labelled as 'apathetic' when it comes to politics especially in times like these because of their fear of radical solutions, which Greta is not.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post

I'll check out the interview later, as I am interested in what she has to say as she's far from stupid.
    don't you think that her emotions at the speech are more the result of Fi convictions? ILI have Fi as activating function. of course, she's a very idealistic person, but keep in mind that she's only 16 years old. I disagree that ILI are apathetic, they hold strong values and beliefs. looking at the data, it's sadly necessary that radical solutions need to be implemented in the near future, and I think she's very aware of it. the problem with climate change is that solutions should've been implemented decades ago, and now we are in a situation where it's very obvious that we can barely do anything.

"I'll check out the interview later, as I am interested in what she has to say as she's far from stupid."

I personally think that she's highly gifted.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

don't you think that her emotions at the speech are more the result of Fi convictions? ILI have Fi as activating function.
    I want to use this as an opportunity to say I don't think Fe polr necessarily means not expressing emotions. ILIs however, need to feel they trust the people around them in order to express their feelings.

of course, she's a very idealistic person, but keep in mind that she's only 16 years old. I disagree that ILI are apathetic, they hold strong values and beliefs.
    I agree with that about ILIs, however ILIs are often not the ones to stand up in front of the world in the name of a cause, either. EIEs are more likely to do this. IME, an ILI is likely to hold their opinions and emotions in much of the time (unless they are in a more intimate setting), they are not very likely to be the voice of a cause.

looking at the data, it's sadly necessary that radical solutions need to be implemented in the near future, and I think she's very aware of it. the problem with climate change is that solutions should've been implemented decades ago, and now we are in a situation where it's very obvious that we can barely do anything.
    Yes, but I think many people accept this. But why her in to stand in front of the world and say it? This is not just stating known facts, there is something more, something I associate with EIEs and their tendency to rally people to towards a course of action. I don't think EIEs are unaware of facts, some of them are very smart and gifted beyond their peers, I have seen it myself. I'm just saying I don't think ILI would find themsleves her role, even ILIs who would agree with her proposed course of action. Personally I'm skeptical of it (or at least, that it is the best course of action) , though I do agree that the situation does not look good no matter what we do. But this is a topic for another thread.

"I'll check out the interview later, as I am interested in what she has to say as she's far from stupid."

I personally think that she's highly gifted.
    I wouldn't doubt it.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@soundofconfusion

I feel like clarifying because I feel my last response does not express my views in toto.

My thoughts can be summarized in two points.

1. She says in the interview you posted (which I am about halfway through) that she does not have doubts. She "knows what needs to be done". This does not seem consistent with ILI who are often internally doubting their own conclusions, even if they externally assert them sometimes.
    2. Like I said above, I don't think ILI would find themselves in this position. I get she had no intent to start a movement, she just wanted to get people talking about this issue, but this to me shows there is a desire to influence people (which she says wants to do) despite not wanting to start any kind of organized movement.

It is not unreasonable to think ILI however, as she describes herself as disliking "small talk", "shy", and says she "doesn't say much". This might point to introversion at least. I still think EIE is the best fit, she's just a heavy Ni subtype which accentuates shyness and "introversion" to an extent. Saying she is a realist and looks at facts seems pretty gamma, I will concede that.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She says she has autism.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its hilarous how she's such a big deal abroad, when people don't realize the back story. Her mom released a book on the environment and pimped her out with the help of her friend who is this big shot pr-dude. Basically using her autistic child to profit on the environmental hype.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    I think its hilarous how she's such a big deal abroad, when people don't realize the back story. Her mom released a book on the environment and pimped her out with the help of her friend who is this big shot pr-dude. Basically using her autistic child to profit on the environmental hype.
    ...And? Besides your phrasing of it as "pimping", are either of them wrong? The more attention drawn to a problem like this, the better.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Her parents are quite pathetic. I guess it is a liberal way dealing with a problem, playing the victim card and what a wombo, combo an autistic child.
    I support her to some extent, but this whole thing is truly sad story

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...And? Besides your phrasing of it as "pimping", are either of them wrong? The more attention drawn to a problem like this, the better.
    Even if the problem had a basis in science, even then it would still be pimping. She's a child and as advertised, with a disability and her mother decided to use this in a pr campaign. What part of that do you not consider pimping?

edit: re-read your post and I got your point. You consider pimping justified as long as you are on the right side.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is my identical. I was very much like that as a kid. I was not talking all the time about the environment. She is an introvert, logical, intuitive, so that means she is either LII/ILI.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    She is my identical. I was very much like that as a kid. I was not talking all the time about the environment. She is an introvert, logical, intuitive, so that means she is either LII/ILI.

No, she's a child. You are corrupting everything about psychometrics with a statement like that.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is none talking about how billie eilish, bobby brown, justin bieber, britney spears aguilera timberlake rihanna miley cyrus dakota fanning holsens harry potters etc have been pimped out just to sell some pop songs, pop movies, pop shit?

why is everyone complaining when legit causes are brought up? i guess truth hurts...

greta <3

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    Even if the problem had a basis in science, even then it would still be pimping. She's a child and as advertised, with a disability and her mother decided to use this in a pr campaign. What part of that do you not consider pimping?

edit: re-read your post and I got your point. You consider pimping justified as long as you are on the right side.
    It's hardly "pimping."

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hardly "pimping."
    That's called backpeddling.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    why is none talking about how billie eilish, bobby brown, justin bieber, britney spears aguilera timberlake rihanna miley cyrus dakota fanning holsens harry potters etc have been pimped out just to sell some pop songs, pop movies, pop shit?

why is everyone complaining when legit causes are brought up? i guess truth hurts...

greta <3
    No one? Underage popstars are constantly criticized for being "pimped." Check out the shit Bieber's mother had to endure - not saying she does or doesn't deserve it.

Greta is a popstar alright: starring in the greatest circus of all.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she just seems to be saying what everyone has been saying all these years

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I didn't however finish the video, so maybe she got to that later. Good at Fe, can really pull on the heart-strings, and the dramatic pauses, she knows how to use Fe very well.

Maybe that is Fe in a raw sense, but it makes Fe look really shitty if that's the case lol. The climate change activists personally lose me and alienate me when they say things like that. ie never forgive, how dare you, my future is at stake.' If you want to get somebody to care about something we should ideally all care about since we all must live on the planet - I don't see the point in emotionally attacking people or saying emotionally edgy things just so gullible people will give you an applause. I am much more persuaded by people who can be logically cool or if they use their emotions they do it inspire others rather than tear others down but that's just me I guess. I think that with power hungry 'world leader' people you might do have to say things like that to get them to listen because they are hard wired to only pay attention to 'power' anyway. What makes her think world leaders will even fix things tho. I don't see much of anything being fixed by them, like at all- why would climate be any different.

I was just at Holly Marie Combs twitter page where she is talking about similar issues, and instead of making me care for about the environment I just think 'god what an obnoxious spoiled bitch.' Perhaps that is too unfair on my part but the way she goes about it doesn't really make me interested in it or want to save the world or anything. It just feels like some fake society thing she's doing to improve her own narcissistic career....and to get other equally duplicitous people to agree with her for some other image enhancing thing.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's clear that she focuses a lot on data and science, more than the average person. how are people saying that she's good at using Fe when she has the same stoic facial expression >90 of the time. it's really weird to me when people see a strong use of Fe when I see her as a type with Fe as vulnerable function, but different opinions I guess.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE rarely take sides, though.

"IEEs are naturally sensitive to mood, atmosphere, and feelings. They rarely say or do anything that would worsen people's feelings, preferring instead to distance themselves from people and social situations that produce negative feelings. IEEs are naturally skilled at regulating the degree of emotional intimacy between people, which can mean being businesslike (yet polite) as well as warm and inviting."

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p..._IEE_composite

I don't see that in Greta at all.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    No one? Underage popstars are constantly criticized for being "pimped." Check out the shit Bieber's mother had to endure - not saying she does or doesn't deserve it.

Greta is a popstar alright: starring in the greatest circus of all.
    yeah, what about the other 13 people I've mentioned? the last thread about eilish i've seen here has never mentioned that she was being pimped.

she will probably type herself soon

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    @soundofconfusion

EII and ESI are also possible. The main point I was making was that it's all Fi/Te and her ethics are stronger than her logic. I have an inherent bias in my typings sometimes (as does everyone else heh,) and giving it another thought, yeah, my bias was most likely showing there. Anyway, Fi/Te ethical type I think makes the most sense overall.
    I disagree. she relies heavily on logic, data, facts. calls herself a realist. outside of her speech, she rarely shows emotions and evaluates things from a pragmatic standpoint. she is clearly a logical type in my opinion with strong Fi values.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    yeah, what about the other 13 people I've mentioned? the last thread about eilish i've seen here has never mentioned that she was being pimped.
    Using children as a tool to promote political stances is a new phenomenon, people are not as used to it.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Ehhh. Ethical type. I started watching the video that Ave posted. . . "we will never forgive you" "you are immature" "my future is at stake" "how dare you" "shame on you" emotional manipulations and attempts at guilt-tripping without any kind of concrete plan suggested. Yes, she recited lots of facts to support her emotional pleas (Te to support Fi). . . but no Ti involved. I think IEE. I didn't however finish the video, so maybe she got to that later. Good at Fe, can really pull on the heart-strings, and the dramatic pauses, she knows how to use Fe very well.
    It seems irrational to judge her entire personality from a very limited observation of her.

For all we know, we don't know what her actual logical ability is like. She may use logic in other situations that we don't know of. Or she may use or develop logical abilities later.

It doesn't matter though, because we are capable of being both logical and emotional at the same time. It's not a matter of being either logical or emotional. It's just a matter of how we want to use either logic or emotions, depending on situations or choices that we make.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
    Using children as a tool to promote political stances is a new phenomenon, people are not as used to it.
    why is she being used, by whom? I recall she decided by herself to stop attending school, appear infront of the parliament, attend the protests, go vegan, convert her parents to her views, travel the world... it's true that nothing she's saying is new, yet since she's around green politics has never seen this exploit.

she's a little weirdo and people are more used to see hyper-sexualized kids with no contents than a weirdo with strong opinions... what a sad world.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast