Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 189

Thread: Greta Thunberg

  1. #41
    soundofconfusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LII/creative subtype
    Posts
    719
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    @soundofconfusion

    EII and ESI are also possible. The main point I was making was that it's all Fi/Te and her ethics are stronger than her logic. I have an inherent bias in my typings sometimes (as does everyone else heh,) and giving it another thought, yeah, my bias was most likely showing there. Anyway, Fi/Te ethical type I think makes the most sense overall.
    I disagree. she relies heavily on logic, data, facts. calls herself a realist. outside of her speech, she rarely shows emotions and evaluates things from a pragmatic standpoint. she is clearly a logical type in my opinion with strong Fi values.

  2. #42
    ТРВЕ КВЛТ Armalite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,083
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    yeah, what about the other 13 people I've mentioned? the last thread about eilish i've seen here has never mentioned that she was being pimped.
    Using children as a tool to promote political stances is a new phenomenon, people are not as used to it.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,513
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Ehhh. Ethical type. I started watching the video that Ave posted. . . "we will never forgive you" "you are immature" "my future is at stake" "how dare you" "shame on you" emotional manipulations and attempts at guilt-tripping without any kind of concrete plan suggested. Yes, she recited lots of facts to support her emotional pleas (Te to support Fi). . . but no Ti involved. I think IEE. I didn't however finish the video, so maybe she got to that later. Good at Fe, can really pull on the heart-strings, and the dramatic pauses, she knows how to use Fe very well.
    It seems irrational to judge her entire personality from a very limited observation of her.

    For all we know, we don't know what her actual logical ability is like. She may use logic in other situations that we don't know of. Or she may use or develop logical abilities later.

    It doesn't matter though, because we are capable of being both logical and emotional at the same time. It's not a matter of being either logical or emotional. It's just a matter of how we want to use either logic or emotions, depending on situations or choices that we make.

  4. #44
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    the bootie
    Posts
    3,536
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
    Using children as a tool to promote political stances is a new phenomenon, people are not as used to it.
    why is she being used, by whom? I recall she decided by herself to stop attending school, appear infront of the parliament, attend the protests, go vegan, convert her parents to her views, travel the world... it's true that nothing she's saying is new, yet since she's around green politics has never seen this exploit.

    she's a little weirdo and people are more used to see hyper-sexualized kids with no contents than a weirdo with strong opinions... what a sad world.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,816
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    As for her type, she rings me as some type of Gamma more than anything but I'm not really sure.

  6. #46
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    818
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
    Using children as a tool to promote political stances is a new phenomenon, people are not as used to it.
    Not really. Nothing new here.

  7. #47
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    818
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She is the same type as Jane Goodall. If not, then her logics might be LSE. Def in that ball park.


  8. #48
    ТРВЕ КВЛТ Armalite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,083
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    why is she being used, by whom? I recall she decided by herself to stop attending school, appear infront of the parliament, attend the protests, go vegan, convert her parents to her views, travel the world... it's true that nothing she's saying is new, yet since she's around green politics has never seen this exploit.
    Yeah, cuz any 16 year old could do that all on their own, everyone knows that

  9. #49
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Spiritus Mundi
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    11,182
    Mentioned
    931 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    I disagree. she relies heavily on logic, data, facts. calls herself a realist. outside of her speech, she rarely shows emotions and evaluates things from a pragmatic standpoint. she is clearly a logical type in my opinion with strong Fi values.





    What I have learned from interacting with different people diagnosed with autism is they will often parrot back what others have taught them even though it does not always express their own original ideas as much as someone else's. They may even follow what was taught so precisely that going off script rarely happens when it comes to some ideas. It isn't because they lack intelligence, it is the way they learn. It is hard to explain since I have noticed this in people who I didn't suspect of having autism then found out they did.

    When I noticed this kind of parroting of me (by a young adult with asd but I didn't know) I became more curious so I looked up the cause. This was the situation, I would say something, maybe profound, sometimes profane, usually mundane, then they would say it to others as if it was their own thoughts even using my mannerisms, days or weeks later.

    I was annoyed at first because I didn't know why. There is a word for what I was witnessing, echolalia. I finally understood something that I had noticed in an extended family member. They have a very high IQ but they also have a strong tendency to latch onto certain speech styles of those they feel most comfortable with. This didn't stop at speech style though. It also included obsessive compulsively taking on other people's interests even when it caused them stress. :/

    There are plenty of things that cause him fear in the world right now. I feel bad for him. I know he was also (inadvertently) instilled with a lot of fears by his mother who is overprotective and he suffers anxiety from it. He has strange methods (in my perception) for self soothing. He is obsessed with Bernie Sanders and his fb has been full of this stuff even before Greta was heard of. Because of his autism and intelligence people would probably type him him a logical type but he isn't. He can imitate just about anyone he feels a connection to. I believe he has too much empathy which overwhelms him so he can also appear robotic. Too bad it wasn't caught sooner in him. Might have spared him a lot of trauma and fear.

    All children take on the belief systems of their parents and peers to some degree but children with autism seem more likely to mimic what they have observed way longer and more precisely than children not on the spectrum. I know this happens online a lot since I have visited some forums in order to understand. I noticed they will find a group of others with asd and then begin to express themselves very similarly to their peers. Like they are talking with one voice. You would probably type most of them some logical type, not all are.

    I hear a lot of fear and anxiety in Greta's voice just like I do when I talk to him. I feel bad saying this but I often avoid him because it is all he can talk about now. Climate change is making him ill in a very different way. It is making him an anxious mess. I told him to stop reading and watching stuff about it and take care of himself first but he won't. His autism is mild, so mild he was not diagnosed until recently (in his 20s).

    If she has been instilled with a lot of fear and heard the same ideas repeated over a long period of time from a young age it is very probable that she is mimicking someone else's thoughts, fears, and even style of speech. These kids often have a lot of anxiety. I find the idea of typing them based on no one on one interaction an exercise in futility. The fact is you do not know how she processes information. You could say it is intuition but others say the same and so on. My intuition says there is more to what you see going on on the surface here.

    Children with echolalia use what many parents describe as “more advanced language” than they can typically generate. For example, a toddler who is exhibiting echolalia can quote long segments from a favorite TV show or sing an entire song word for word, but he can’t ask for milk when he needs it or answer a question his dad asks him. Even though this child “talks,” since he can technically say lots of words, he doesn’t seem to completely understand what he’s saying. In essence, he’s just repeating words without really being able to “use” them.

    [...]

    Echolalia is one of the characteristics sometimes noted in children with autism. In fact, researchers have found that up to 85% of people with autism who are verbal exhibit echolalia in some form. The silver lining in this is that echolalia is actually a positive sign that children with autism may eventually be able to learn to use language to communicate.

    [...]

    Echolalia is classified as immediate echolalia or delayed echolalia.

    Immediate echolalia is the repetition of words or phrases that occur immediately or very soon after the original words are spoken. An example of immediate echolalia is the child who repeats a question such as, “Do you want some juice?” rather than responding yes or no.

    Delayed echolalia is the repetition of words or phrases that are echoed after the fact, even hours, days, weeks, or months later. An example of delayed echolalia is a child who might sing, “Happy Birthday” when someone new enters her home.

    Echolalia can also include not only the words spoken, but the exact imitation of a person’s inflection, tone of voice, and volume.

    Professionals used to view echolalia as something that should be eliminated. However, current researchers tell us that many times echolalic speech can serve a purpose for children with autism. For example, a child who wants to go outside may say to his mother, “Let’s put your shoes on,” as his way of requesting this activity since he’s heard his mother say this many times just before he gets to leave the house. A child may say, “Want me to hold you?” when he’s crying or “It’s okay, Ben,” when he’s upset since his parents have said this to him in this context over and over again.

    “My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

     



  10. #50
    ТРВЕ КВЛТ Armalite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,083
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Btw I don't think she's a weirdo, just the whole way it's presented seems a bit off to me

  11. #51
    soundofconfusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LII/creative subtype
    Posts
    719
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Aylen

    Victor Gukenko claims that high accentuation of Ni leads to autistic behaviour (which would fit to Greta's ILI type). many INxx types get diagnosed with Autism/Asperger.

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ons-by-Gulenko



  12. #52
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    the bootie
    Posts
    3,536
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
    Yeah, cuz any 16 year old could do that all on their own, everyone knows that
    hm? I'm not getting it. what couldn't she do on her own? I've done most of those things myself at her age, and of course, my parents would help and support me where they could.

    pierre casiraghi didn't pop up to accompany me around the world with his supersonic yacht, I'm not sure I'd have refused his offer though... lol

    there's one thing that goes into Greta's favor, her autism. one feature of autism is the obsession over some things, why many autistics have OCD and other side effects. I think obsession is the word here. 'cause obviously this girl didn't do it all alone, but behind her there's her obsession over something very important, that is shaking the world.

    other people are obsesses about music and their own image, and they're not even autistic, they are obviously pimped, they have all the respect they deserve.

  13. #53
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Spiritus Mundi
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    11,182
    Mentioned
    931 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    why is she being used, by whom? I recall she decided by herself to stop attending school, appear infront of the parliament, attend the protests, go vegan, convert her parents to her views, travel the world... it's true that nothing she's saying is new, yet since she's around green politics has never seen this exploit.

    she's a little weirdo and people are more used to see hyper-sexualized kids with no contents than a weirdo with strong opinions... what a sad world.
    The issue I see here is this kid is running on pure fear. Her emotional pleas even got under my skin, for different reasons. I am also concerned about climate change for my own reasons. Her pleas broke my heart. Yes, I turned it off. There was real pain and anxiety in her voice which is sad. It should be adults dealing with this stuff and allowing kids to be kids. If it was my kid I would make sure they got the help they needed to live a more balanced life while pursuing whatever goals they have. I would not let them quit school so young. Kids need some boundaries. It is fine she is trying to speak on climate change but like I said in my other post, I think there is much more going on here than what we see.
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-24-2019 at 07:23 PM.

    “My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

     



  14. #54

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,513
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The irony is that she has Asperger's, therefore she must not be very aware of what kind of emotional impacts that she has on others, or has much emotional/social awareness:

    I have Aspergers and that means I’m sometimes a bit different from the norm. And - given the right circumstances- being different is a superpower.#aspiepower
    https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/st...16177927991296

    But if you say that's "Fe!" (or Fi), then it must automatically become emotional manipulation or attempts at using guilt-trips. The fact is that we simply have no idea how her mind actually works, unless we have theories of her mind, such as Autism/Aspergers.

  15. #55
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Spiritus Mundi
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    11,182
    Mentioned
    931 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    @Aylen

    Victor Gukenko claims that high accentuation of Ni leads to autistic behaviour (which would fit to Greta's ILI type). many INxx types get diagnosed with Autism/Asperger.

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ons-by-Gulenko


    Sure, and Jung said that he thought introverted intuitives were schizophrenics until he realized they were just intuitive. I get it on a personal level. Ni leads are not intrinsically neurologically disabled so Gulenko should probably rethink that.

    One other thing I learned from visiting autism forums is there are a lot of kids who are self diagnosing these days because it is also kind of trendy to be "autistic". I have a friend whose son had to wear a helmet and will never be able to care for himself. She will have to plan for his future even after her death, if he outlives her. If Greta is diagnosed with autism then that is different than Ni. If she is not diagnosed then there is another issue.

    “My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

     



  16. #56
    Socionics is a spook ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    14,403
    Mentioned
    792 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have flu-like behavior because I like lying under blankets and having water delivered to me.

  17. #57
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    818
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
    Btw I don't think she's a weirdo, just the whole way it's presented seems a bit off to me
    Everything she says is right. But just because you are right doesn't mean you are right. You know? The energy economy isn't going anywhere and she preaches austerity, when you get right down to it.

    Pretty much she, and many others like her, believe with utmost conviction that we should stop using fossil fuels altogether, right now. This is simply impossible. Civilization would collapse. There is no other energy source like fossil fuels that is logistically feasible.

    And there never will be. So we will use it all up no matter what Governments enforce.

    imo this is all a character study in youthful idealism. I think everyone goes though an age and stage where the greater world becomes important and your ideals are born at about 16 years old.

    The trick is to live long enough to watch your idealism die. No country for old men.

  18. #58
    soundofconfusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LII/creative subtype
    Posts
    719
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Sure, and Jung said that he thought introverted intuitives were schizophrenics until he realized they were just intuitive. I get it on a personal level. Ni leads are not intrinsically neurologically disabled so Gulenko should probably rethink that.

    One other thing I learned from visiting autism forums is there are a lot of kids who are self diagnosing these days because it is also kind of trendy to be "autistic". I have a friend whose son had to wear a helmet and will never be able to care for himself. She will have to plan for his future even after her death even he outlives her. If she is diagnosed with autism then that is different than Ni.
    hmm maybe we just have different perspectives then. in his article about DCNH subtypes, Gulenko also mentions that a high focus on Ni leads to autistic behaviour, which is common among harmonising subtypes (ignoring reality in favor of mental imaginary). I personally don't have much experience with autistic people (I thought however that I had asperger when was younger), but I've noticed in online forums that many INxx got diagnosed with autism/aspergers, so I think Gulenko makes a valid observation here.

    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=Dcnh (at the bottom of the article)

  19. #59
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    818
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    The irony is that she has Asperger's, therefore she must not be very aware of what kind of emotional impacts that she has on others, or has much emotional/social awareness:

    I have Aspergers and that means I’m sometimes a bit different from the norm. And - given the right circumstances- being different is a superpower.#aspiepower
    https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/st...16177927991296

    But if you say that's "Fe!" (or Fi), then it must automatically become emotional manipulation or attempts at using guilt-trips. The fact is that we simply have no idea how her mind actually works, unless we have theories of her mind, such as Autism/Aspergers.
    All displayed passion is Fe for this site.

    I don't think so myself.

  20. #60
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    the bootie
    Posts
    3,536
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    The issue I see here is this kid is running on pure fear. Here emotional pleas even got under my skin, for different reasons. I am also concerned about climate change for my own reasons. Her pleas broke my heart. Yes, I turned it off. There was real pain and anxiety in her voice which is sad. It should be adults dealing with this stuff and allowing kids to be kids. If it was my kid I would make sure they got the help they needed to live a more balanced life while pursuing whatever goals they have. I would not let them quit school so young. Kids need some boundaries. It is fine she is trying to speak on climate change but like I said in my other post, I think there is much more going on here than what we see.
    well I don't know of the dark plots behind her image. I think her voice has all the right reasons to be heard, as she has all the right reasons to be scared, as other kids who became heroines for social causes (Malala, Tamimi, Khatun and many others) felt the right to speak, to voice their fears, yes, but with the will to change the future, too.

    I wouldn't make it too big a deal about her quitting school, I agree it's not the best, but she has an history of bullying at school, which I know you don't really care about unless it addresses sexual identity causes that are dear to you, but they're definitely harming for a kid. better home schooling, which I'm pretty sure she's attending, than dealing with harassment.

    we all have our burden of causes dear to us, we just can't condemn some girl for having a higher sensitivity to some cause than us...

  21. #61
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    818
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    The issue I see here is this kid is running on pure fear. Her emotional pleas even got under my skin, for different reasons. I am also concerned about climate change for my own reasons. Her pleas broke my heart. Yes, I turned it off. There was real pain and anxiety in her voice which is sad. It should be adults dealing with this stuff and allowing kids to be kids. If it was my kid I would make sure they got the help they needed to live a more balanced life while pursuing whatever goals they have. I would not let them quit school so young. Kids need some boundaries. It is fine she is trying to speak on climate change but like I said in my other post, I think there is much more going on here than what we see.

    I think that it is a kid is what makes this quite poignant. That she is triggering people based on her age is exactly what the movement needed and this was only going to come from a Child character.

    Not some sterile scientist, or Government official, but a youth young child on the verge of womanhood, begs for her future.

    That is kind of the whole point of Greta. An articulate young girl pleads with Humanity. Its poetry, or puppetry. Same difference really.

    Everything is both authentic and window dressing at the same time.

  22. #62
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Sol's emo club
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    4,786
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    In terms of typology her aspergerness seems to be more Fe (spoiling moods what ILI's might do) than Fi (which I think borders eccentricity as in nonconformism/schizotypy aka not sharing common triggers).

    Quite weird family.
    Measuring you right now

  23. #63
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Spiritus Mundi
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    11,182
    Mentioned
    931 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    hmm maybe we just have different perspectives then. in his article about DCNH subtypes, Gulenko also mentions that a high focus on Ni leads to autistic behaviour, which is common among harmonising subtypes (ignoring reality in favor of mental imaginary). I personally don't have much experience with autistic people (I thought however that I had asperger when was younger), but I've noticed in online forums that many INxx got diagnosed with autism/aspergers, so I think Gulenko makes a valid observation here.

    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=Dcnh (at the bottom of the article)
    I have read that article and seen it quoted elsewhere many times. I have also seen self typed Ni types call themselves autistic when they clearly aren't. I don't know for sure if that is due to them reading that article. I suspect it is for some. I think him saying that Ni leads to autistic behavior shows a lack of understanding of Ni and autism on his part.

    Seriously, what exactly is this "autistic" behavior. I could just as easily say that it is Ti that looks autistic (I'm not) but I do see people who think they are LII also say they are autistic. It also shows a general lack of understanding people who have real neurological issues/differences.

    I have been in an MRI machine several times. Had a few EEGs too. I know my brain works differently but that is not why I had it scanned so much. I have neurological issues that lead to migraines with auras and ocular migraines (more recently). I have a form of synesthesia too. The brain is complex. I have visions. My dreams (while asleep) come true and so do some of my nightmares. I have spoken to dead people and they have talked back giving me advice that was useful in my dreams. I was diagnosed with a form of schizophrenia because I told the wrong people about this when I was younger and more naive. Not my family since they are used to this stuff. They think I am pretty great actually.

    The only thing they really thought was wrong with me is that I fell for the wrong guys and I would get selfish when I did. I have learned to keep my mouth shut around most people but stuff like this Gulenko comment makes me want to speak out.

    I had to go through a lot to have my mental health diagnosis cleared so it didn't follow me around. My last therapist also said she worked with many schizophrenics and I was not one. She literally called me an "ethereal being" and we became friends outside of therapy. I love telling this story to the right people. lol It is true though. I was so relieved to find out nothing was wrong with me. She could not understand why I was diagnosed with that. That is why I say I believe Jung would have understood me very well.

    Socionic is a personality theory. I don't think Gulenko does anyone any favors by saying that. That is my perspective.

    “My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

     



  24. #64
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Sol's emo club
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    4,786
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    One other thing I learned from visiting autism forums is there are a lot of kids who are self diagnosing these days because it is also kind of trendy to be "autistic". I have a friend whose son had to wear a helmet and will never be able to care for himself. She will have to plan for his future even after her death, if he outlives her. If Greta is diagnosed with autism then that is different than Ni. If she is not diagnosed then there is another issue.
    I think it is handy waste basket diagnosis: ah dyslexia + clumsy huge change of being social reject. Let's call it autism. After reading about it it seem like the diagnosis has no core only traits and since everyone under autism is different and it is a spectrum it effectively allows f*ck ton of loose diagnosis and therefore it seems like bunch of crap. I call that non scientific and lazy thinking. Original articles seem much more legit.
    Measuring you right now

  25. #65
    khcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,100
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Identical Types - VI für Anfangers - VI для начинающих



    Last edited by khcs; 09-24-2019 at 09:04 PM.

  26. #66

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Disregarding what is going on behind the scenes, I was really touched by her last speech.

  27. #67
    BimBaden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Lithuania
    TIM
    Beta NF
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Climate does not exit. It's a haux. Fuck this little bitch.



    It's getting on my nerves. Sorry.

  28. #68
    BimBaden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Lithuania
    TIM
    Beta NF
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  29. #69

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Climate scientists: climate change is real, we are going to be fucked, please listen to us, there is consensus we mean really (https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/20...8002C/abstract or here https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs...70467616634958), here you can see our data, this is caused by humans entirely and we have these observations and proofs

    Some random above: see the post above, also yt films with appealing to authority


    (Yep, he is a Nobel prize winner, and we have Nobelists - scientists! - who believe in homeopathy, lizard-people and that AIDS is fake. Really. He is 90 nowadays and his area of research was superconductors, not climate; in the video he admits himself he spend very little time on research in this subject and it shows, whoever was/is prepping this denial wave up and using this old man should feel ashamed - see https://www.desmogblog.com/ivar-giaever)

  30. #70
    BimBaden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Lithuania
    TIM
    Beta NF
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    fuck this shit. climate, veganism, leftism, sjws, african kids < could not care less

  31. #71

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It seems you understand insults the best, looking by their extensive usage; so I will be, let's say that, inclusive.

    To tell you plenty: I don't know about others and I won't speak for them, but no. I do care more about climate, animals, and social justice than your whiny, powerless butt. You can't get your information right, you can't research right, you can't take care of wiping you ass right (and by that I mean you don't care about your own mess, which can be seen in your disregard to the environment). You only have feels, which - unfortunately for you - are not reals in this case (oh, the irony!); what is real here is the damage that is being done, systematically, day by day. Irreversibly polluting our future and destroying these tiny, fragile bits of stability we carefully constructed during the 20th century; wrecking pure havoc.

    I can build a boat and sail on, and frankly - I can afford not to care at least partially, but you? Twink twice about that. Think about what you think and what you wish for. Do you ever reflect on your deeds?

    So, I will be back off my insult jam when you will link real science. Or just contribute something worthwhile to this thread. Which you won't.



    (To stay on topic, I think Greta gives great ESI vibes.)

  32. #72
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Sol's emo club
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    4,786
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just read the first case study. I think Donald was (is?) ILI although quite peculiar case at that. http://simonsfoundation.s3.amazonaws...ve-contact.pdf
    Measuring you right now

  33. #73
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maizistan
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BimBaden View Post
    Climate does not exit. It's a haux. Fuck this little bitch.
    It's getting on my nerves. Sorry.
    I doubt a grown man who refers to a 16-year-old girl as a "little bitch" is sorry about anything, somehow. It's good that you've shown us what sort of person you are though. Add another to my ignore list.
    As a goatherd learns his trade by goat, so a writer learns his trade by wrote.

  34. #74
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    1,003
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I couldn't care less about climate change or this girl. There is nothing inspiring about someone who has agency to make change and invent new things but chose to be a cheerleader.

    This has always been about overpopulation and consumption. We can't afford to live on this earth forever. Our resources are limited. There are consequences to growth in population and consumption and it cannot be sustained.

    The truth is that most people are not economical in their consumption as well. The current trade wars are the biggest example of inefficiency fuelled by tribalism and greed. But it's probably better than the alternatives. The real solutions have always been: war, famine, disease, accidents and stopping immigration. Or you could actually campaign for abstention, contraception/abortion, small families, etc. and invest in technology.

    Humanity suffered to reach this point of history and somehow people think we are different and we won't have to make any significant sacrifices.. and I'm not talking about going vegan and living in the woods.

  35. #75
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    TIM
    1sx
    Posts
    3,010
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    I disagree. she relies heavily on logic, data, facts. calls herself a realist. outside of her speech, she rarely shows emotions and evaluates things from a pragmatic standpoint. she is clearly a logical type in my opinion with strong Fi values.
    Being able to memorize and repeat facts doesn't make a person logical. If she was truly being pragmatic the ridiculous boat idea would not have been done. That was not pragmatic nor logical, it was a stunt. These are all emotional pleas for "somebody to please do something" and not really the approach of any logical kid I've ever known. The logical person's approach in my experience when faced with a problem is to start thinking of ways to solve it. They don't ramp up their emotions and appeal to other people to take over. They come up with ideas, specific ways you could approach the problem, concrete actions that could be taken, and inventions that could help solve the issues. They don't sit down and memorize facts to recite hoping somebody else will do the thinking and solving. Part of being logical is that you naturally go to the thinking and solving yourself.

  36. #76
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Spiritus Mundi
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    11,182
    Mentioned
    931 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    well I don't know of the dark plots behind her image. I think her voice has all the right reasons to be heard, as she has all the right reasons to be scared, as other kids who became heroines for social causes (Malala, Tamimi, Khatun and many others) felt the right to speak, to voice their fears, yes, but with the will to change the future, too.

    I wouldn't make it too big a deal about her quitting school, I agree it's not the best, but she has an history of bullying at school, which I know you don't really care about unless it addresses sexual identity causes that are dear to you, but they're definitely harming for a kid. better home schooling, which I'm pretty sure she's attending, than dealing with harassment.

    we all have our burden of causes dear to us, we just can't condemn some girl for having a higher sensitivity to some cause than us...
    You made some valid points but not sure where you get that I only care about sexual identity causes since I said nothing like that and it is far from true. You missed my point. I didn't condemn her and I didn't say she didn't have the right to speak either.

    Home school is a valid option for continuing her education. There are two kids (my brother's gf's) who live in my home and have always been home schooled even before they moved here. I am sure they will be home schooled after they move out too.

    Edit: Maybe it was before your time on the forum but the cause I have mentioned most in my posts was homelessness and poverty. I helped the homeless in the areas I lived in the best ways I could.

    Edt2: From talking to the homeless in various towns and cities I lived in I discovered mental health issues were at the root of most of their problems when it comes to individuals, not families. You can also add mental health issues to my list of causes. I don't really consider these causes. It's just being a decent human being to those society generally ignores as they walk past them texting on their $$$ phones.
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-25-2019 at 03:08 PM.

    “My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

     



  37. #77
    lemontrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    TIM
    / / /
    Posts
    1,347
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I watched a few moments of her presentation and there's just way too much... overwrought emotional appeal.

    But the actual content of what she's saying sounded delta > beta. I actually like her, it's just that what she says sounds vague in the way IEEs can sound (from my biased, Ti-seeking POV). It's a lot of abstract emotional principles, which I would have trouble translating into specific actions to take b/c of my nonexistent Te.

    Her speech feels weightless to me although I am worried about climate change myself.

  38. #78

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,816
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    The mainstream media , the left... I feel more imprisoned by them than I do a homophobic redneck with a shotgun outside of his trailer park waiting to shoot some effeminate boys just for the lolz. Something is really off about that.

  39. #79
    MegaDoodoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She's not autistic; she's just Russian. They always look mad and most of the time they are mad! I think they have a special "mad Russian" gene. You gotta ask yourself, not what type gets mad like her, but what type of mad Russian is it?

  40. #80
    Socionics is a spook ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    14,403
    Mentioned
    792 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven't been paying much attn to this thread or the girl, so I apologize if I've missed something, but is she reading a script or saying what she's been instructed to say? Seems relevant to typing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •