Hybrid View

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Relationships with 6s

Recently I was reading in Helen Palmer's Love and the Enneagram, how if you are in a relationship with a 6 then you need to be ready to constantly reassure them of your love. They have a lot of anxiety and insecurities revolving around "are we good? You still love me?, Etc" I'm a 6 my husband is a 6 and when I read this, I was like- "nope. This doesn't apply at all." Well, yesterday we were talking about ways to strengthen our marriage "yadda, yadda, yadda" he mentioned how important it is to send text messages to each other throughout the day, and when he's home he likes frequent hugs and physical contact. And it really bothers him, when I don't reciprocate because... It reassures him that we are ok. He said he "needs that reassurance." Oh my goodness! Huge light bulb moment for me. So, even though that six in your life, may not seem needy or insecure it doesn't mean they aren't feeling that way and they still are craving that reassurance. So moral of the story, be kind to the sixes in your life. Your kindness can alleviate so much unexpressed anxiety. Make it your goal to hug a six you love today... And every day!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If you're fighting it might be the hardest time, but just a simple, gruff, "ugh, yeah, I'll be around next week" (if you will be) is amazing to hear because that's when it's all up in the air.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Helen Palmer is the best.