Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
The description of Carefree types doesn't make sense for LSIs, who have Ni mobilizing:

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...and_farsighted

“You cannot prepare for everything.”

if it's between that and “It is best to prepare in advance.” then LSIs are definitely the latter. They have valued and bold Ni so they care a lot about preparing in advance and avoiding bad outcomes.

The bigger issue though, is that the classical descriptions of the Reinin dichotomies mostly don't have any connection to the base theory. They're an independent hypothesis which adds nothing in terms of explanatory power.

https://socionist.blogspot.com/2008/...-are-dead.html
This seems to, yet again, make the obvious mistake of confusing ONE obviously poor interpretation of the Reinin dichotomies with the Reinin dichotomies as a whole. I agree that the study from which those Reinin dichotomy descriptions were derived isn't a reliable source; you don't have to persuade me of that. However, that is actually not relevant to the point. To leap from rejecting one particular study to rejecting the Reinin dichotomies as a whole takes vastly more justification than that. I'm not even saying that I accept all Reinin dichotomies, but I have used some used in ways which appear valuable to me.

Do you actually disagree with me, and you really think your rejection of that study is a substantial rejection of the Reinin dichotomies as a whole? If so, I am genuinely extremely curious as to what your reasoning is, because this seems like such an obviously insubstantial argument to me that I am genuinely perplexed that you do not notice it. It is NOT persuasive, to someone with an active mind, to treat non-trivial logical leaps as trivial: in mathematics this is often called handwaving. Handwaving is fine if you're teaching something and you only want to focus on certain things, but it is NOT fine in the proof of an assertion, whether mathematical or about some substantial topic in real life. The leap I am not understanding is the rejection of one particular study to the rejection of the Reinin dichotomies as a whole