Thread: Relating with others

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Relating with others

If you get immense value from relating with others and understanding that you're not alone in what you're experiencing/feeling/doing/thinking. If whatever negative thing you're going through is a lot worse just because you feel alone and separate from the rest of humanity in dealing with it. Maybe you don't go out of your way to find others like yourself, exactly, but, well, you don't take pride in being "different" in a 4ish way because that would be painful.

Type? Element? Quadra? Enneagram number or instinct? Discuss.

I was gonna ask if it was just human but in the process of typing this out, the anti-4 thing came to me. So maybe it's an enneagram thing. 6 or social or something.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all depends on the underlying drives and motivations. For a E6 sp/sx, maintaining an intimate, deeply connected closeness (sx) with individuals they value would ensure their physical/emotional/etc... safety (sp). Such a connection with others would engender loyalty, which would then create security and maintain one's ability to survive > give "love" to get "love." This being the case, I'd imagine that being divorced from those/loved ones/a family that provide the E6 sp/sx with life affirming security would be experienced as some sort of existential dread--suffice to say, they'd certainly see the value in "relating with others."

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E4, but i've usually found that being able to relate takes the edge off the shame.

it makes me feel a lot less flawed(like i've done everything wrong), and also less self-conscious, b/c after all no one's paying attention to me in particular. but, i still feel like a "me," not like being erased. but i think that feeling of being able to fall back on "me-ness" (which i can't articulate anyway b/c who knows what "self" is?) is a more recent development.
    Last edited by lemontrees; 08-16-2019 at 07:57 PM.