Thread: SX THREAD

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SX THREAD

What is it?
    I never realized how many idiots there were until I logged on to the Internet. -- Edsger Dijkstra, Dutch Computer Scientist and pioneer in network communication (possibly apocryphal)

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEX!

TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sx seeks chemistry, intensity, raw attraction, fusion and is acutely aware when the aforementioned qualities are present or not (to some degree) in someone or something> Sx involves being compelled and drawn in, the desire to and practice of immersing one's self, getting lost. It's consumed and preoccupied with melding (by way of an "arousing," intensely focused, energetic fusion/engagement) with the object of its desire, whatever that may be--human beings don't have to factor at all.

I personally experience it most often as a form of tuned in, hyper focus where everything else disappears except for whatever has my attention, be it person, place or thing. I especially love the pull of a new "interest" turned "obsession," (ain't always healthy but it is what it is) some form of high stimuli that compels me to center it in my thoughts/time/life> undertaking some project or venture, learning some new theory, a burgeoning relationship, a type of food, some locale, an amazing artist or book, whatever. For me to actually "give a damn" about something, it's just imperative that I be magnetized, stimulated and invested in order for my attention to be held and for me to remain "present" and "in it." In select spaces, they call that ADD/ADHD. lol
    Last edited by Alonzo; 08-11-2019 at 04:10 AM.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lilac tenebris View Post
    I had trouble figuring out my instinct stack mainly because sx is often linked to sexuality, which is something I don't care about. : |
    It's instinctive and ravishing a sensation that never goes below my neck, all mental. I can't even say it's a sensation, perhaps more an impression, a sultry forgetfulness of the self into else, it is indeed obsessive, over focused, it can cause trouble because of how short sighted it makes a person, this here and now is all that matters. There's ecstasy in it, it can truly feel like an altered state of mind, it's absurd and out of control, a huge hot mess. It's generaly associated with fire and water, but I'm more fond of ice and lightning since I'm so cold and detached in general. There's some impulse messing up my distance, it's magnetic and frustration can arise quickly because it causes me inner conflict a lot. "I want this" and "that's a terrible idea" can clash and make a person less outwardly explosive.
    There's no gut gripping sensation, it's my mind that goes wild.
    For me, it resonates from books, visual and audio sensory input, stories, ideas, concepts, languages, a simple word I find charming to say, delightfuly spoken. The best was to get lost along the words of someone... it can be used as a stress relief, that's why I like to keep a pretty crystal in my pocket, to have a thing to get lost in. When I do something I become the thing, it's an odd thing to come back to reality after living a full life inside a book. It spices up life. It's visceral and even dirty in a way, it feels low and wrong, but also makes me high. I don't need drugs to get high. Even in the concept of sx itself I find this push and pull quality.
    The repulsion is just as strong but only last until the thing is gone, the highs are more... interesting anyway.
    Words are quite pale to decribe all this.

I was thinking writing this that sx seems more attuned with S and F functions than T and N and could make NTs look off and SF very intense.
    Damn, well said.

And the highlighted is an intriguing idea. One of the archetypes I relate to most is that of the werewolf, particularly the sub type that centers man's conflict with himself, the domestication and integration of one's ancient, "primitive," shadowy, repressed impulses. I've pretty much always felt like I was internally battling a feral SEE [lol] that, ultimately, due to some "otherworldly"/"heavenly" gravitational pull beyond my control, would rear its wild, biting, tearing bestial head, acting on pure instinct, willfully and powerfully driven by immediate gratification of base desires and the satiation of self via gorging on the soulful guts/entrails/depths/core of others/objects [imbalanced Se + Fi]. Whenever my Sx instinct locks in on someone or something, it ravenously feasts on it from the inside out.

That's the thing with Sx, something about it seems inherently imbalanced and destabilizing, especially when it's first in the stacking and why, for me, it evokes the "curse" of the werewolf. The catch is that just because I'm more tuned into my subconscious needs and desires, does not mean that I'm more capable and competent at utilizing and acting on them. Oftentimes in my life, Se/Si + Fi/Fe flair ups have possessed an unwieldy, destructive bent that once satiated, leave a lot of metaphorical bodies (including my own) in its wake. I know that also speaks to some significant Enneagram 8 influence, but to the Sx impulse and my subconscious SF, "it hurts so good" because at the very least, I was at ground zero, the feverish pulse of the detonation, and that's where, ironically, I felt the most alive.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

repost from sx/so thread:

Deliberation, by Sanchez Nevado

http://aegis-strife.net/portfolio/deliberation/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Damn, well said.

And the highlighted is an intriguing idea. One of the archetypes I relate to most is that of the werewolf, particularly the sub type that centers man's conflict with himself, the domestication and integration of one's ancient, "primitive," shadowy, repressed impulses. I've pretty much always felt like I was internally battling a feral SEE [lol] that, ultimately, due to some "otherworldly"/"heavenly" gravitational pull beyond my control, would rear its wild, biting, tearing bestial head, acting on pure instinct, willfully and powerfully driven by immediate gratification of base desires and the satiation of self via gorging on the soulful guts/entrails/depths/core of others/objects [imbalanced Se + Fi]. Whenever my Sx instinct locks in on someone or something, it ravenously feasts on it from the inside out.

That's the thing with Sx, something about it seems inherently imbalanced and destabilizing, especially when it's first in the stacking and why, for me, it evokes the "curse" of the werewolf. The catch is that just because I'm more tuned into my subconscious needs and desires, does not mean that I'm more capable and competent at utilizing and acting on them. Oftentimes in my life, Se/Si + Fi/Fe flair ups have possessed an unwieldy, destructive bent that once satiated, leave a lot of metaphorical bodies (including my own) in its wake. I know that also speaks to some significant Enneagram 8 influence, but to the Sx impulse and my subconscious SF, "it hurts so good" because at the very least, I was at ground zero, the feverish pulse of the detonation, and that's where, ironically, I felt the most alive.
    Damn, just when I felt self conscious and deleted that. Thanks.
    I'm fine with this, I'll take it as fate or something fancy like that.

I was thinking about you when I wrote what you bolded. Werewolves suits you, it's on the obvious side, brutal. I relate more to succubi and vampires, energy thieves hiding in the shadows preying around.
    I just have the image of the bloodthirsty howl to the moon of a werewolf right now... Ah, too tired to write, goodnight world.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking that sx has an appearance, it holds a certain warmth, a kind of passionnate feel, a longing. It looks "expressive" in a tense manner, as in sexual tension (even from me, that's why I call it an appearance).
    I find that sx can look like other typings, Se aggressor-ness, Si sensuality, Fe expression, Fi depth, 4 emotionality, 9 affective dependance, 8 furious lusting... but it's rooted as an instinct, it goes with which else is there, it would take a 4 by the heart, an 8 by the gut, and a 5 by the brain.
    I think the sociotype would be an how we come to decision from perception and judgement, e-type is more of a why in the sense of motivation/core fear that taints the whole. Instinct is of an other material and I can't quite find how to define it, in a way, it either compliments or go against the others, but it can overwrite them big time because of how of an instinct it is. Some people say [this] sociotype and [that] e-type aren't compatible, but at worst I read of... contradicting instinct, an So 5, or an So introvert for example.
    I talk of appearance and I stress it, regardless of how I feel, I have a longing in my eyes that looks sexual asf, I'm often startled by it when I see myself. It's very far from my actual inner experience.
    As I wrote earlier, sx looks expressive even if someone may not mean it. That's why I thought of you Alonzo, you seem expressive and even passionnate when you just write, but I came to think it may not reflect your true disposition. I think you may act out of anger and a sense of repulsion at times but that it looks expressive and not logical, and the sx instinct seems as this... even when you just write a few words there's a thing that doesn't add up well imo, and calling you an other sociotype seems like a duct tape fix at best.
    I had the impression with the werewolf that there's something physical about it to you, when a werewolf changes, everyone can see, I think it fits the gut centered 8... it's not a good description of what I'm picturing. That's gonna have to do for now.
    Maybe, in certain people, a certain typing system takes up more space, but that's just wild guessing at this point. and is it appearant space or not...
    And that's gonna be all for tonight.
    One other thing, in some people, everything "click" so well that just one typing system seems enough, but others are some strange nonsensical messes that need more "labels" to explain them, I see this on a spectrum.

TIM
    IEI 451 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've gone too far

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The desire to find a mate/your “other half”. Don’t know why people have to complicate it more than that since everything follows from it. It’s also attuned to chemistry between you and another person.
    Last edited by Blue; 08-15-2019 at 02:31 PM.

so that the stars will have something dark to shine in
    TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess SX is supposed to be smarter than you; like if you're drawn to a person, a field of study, etc etc your uh... sx cortex is giving you valuable information that it might take your conscious brain longer to parse. Same with repulsions. Maybe it's acting as a helpful filter towards what can sustain you versus hurt (deflate ? ) you, or something.

(i...don't actually have a clue)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like we can make stupid, hurtful, irrational decision with functions, sx can too. I think we "use" it uncounsciously to get some benefice, but this benefice isn't nessecarily... optimal. Some may look for a mate, but when what you see is one week at best and full of possible undesirable consequences, looking for a mate sounds dumb as hell, it doens't get better when you hear the cries of passion and disintegration from people in a raging moment, or the desperation in those who are simply dying to find a mate. Book are more than enough for a shallow kick, guess I'm lucky for this.
    One form sx can take is faith, the merging of body and soul, that's what I would go for, but faith eludes me alas, I think it's a better idea to find what you need within yourself, as a mate can leave. If I find someone who stick by me, yeah, cool but I'm not betting on this for fulfilment.
    Faith can be found through anything really, it's more about the vision one has of it that makes it sx or not.
    I tend to get obsessed with people I meet, not all, but some. I know this stems from a source I do not want to drink from, a fear you could say. I think all functions, instincts, any typing can be slave to those uncounscious fears, shames or whatever we carry and that learning the worst of how it can work is the best way to make the uncounscious councsious... if you care about that that is.
    I like to dwelve in the darkest part of my inner world and bask in its horror, and even if I know I'm not alone, having actual tangible proof is be great, feelings don't give a damn about knowkedges after all. If I feel like that, there others somewhere in the world.

Most people are looking for a mate, there are vairous ways and reasons to look for a mate.

But yes, if the balance is right, sx can become compass of the soul, like pretty much any other [x] in balance.
    [x] can be anything probably.