Thread: Midge Ure (Ultravox)

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good question, never occurred to me to question his type, even though I listen to Ultravox quite frequently (for me, the music of Ultravox, especially the album Vienna, is a reminder of the distopian feelings a lot of my generation felt, you know: the cold war, high unemployment in the eighties, etc.)

based on this video and the lack of emotional expression in his face, I'd lean towards SLI. An IEE can have facial expression like that too, but not when interacting with another real life person.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In that video, he reminds me a lot of my HS buddy, an ESI. He seems really laid back and relaxed.

I don't see SLI so much. I think SLI musicians are a bit more Te. Somehow more precise.

^ Man, reading what I just wrote makes me realize I haven't given any hard facts, just opinions.

Here is a video where we can see his wife and his comments about home life at 3:30. He seems like a very humble Aggressor to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt1oMVUMav0

His wife says he is really engaged around the house. My SLI father, ex-wife, and son were not like that at all. They all found things to do that kept them disengaged from the household. Also, when Midge saw his future wife, he said "I want one of those." I've said exactly the same thing, but when I asked my father why he married my mother, he said she forced him to do it. In my experience, SLI's dodge relationships. Or maybe you could say, they hold the world at arm's length. They can be really loyal, but they don't run towards relationships.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-04-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

N

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)