Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Postmodern Cowards

I like most of the things that are accepted to be postmodernism (ontological nihilism is actually just not related) but I find all the postmodern cowards baffling. For example, people say "I identify as a woman." If you sincerely believe that everything is a social construct, which everything is (but not only that) you should just say "I am a woman" with a list of reasons why you are a woman despite being commonly mistaken for a man. "Identity" is a dumb new and not at all brave social construct. Dumb. Dumb. Cowardly. Being tormented by living in gender limbo seems like a fitting karmic punishment for cowardice and bandwagoning though. It is the same for all other "identities."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's human nature to try and place both ourselves and other people into arbitrary categories. Considering that in this modern age there's a pandemic of people who want to redefine what these categories mean for either political or personal reasons, I think these categories have become rather meaningless. For an example, any guy can tell me that they self-identify as 'straight', and yet as soon as I see them making out with another dude (or some other such behavior that I'd consider to be 'gay'), I merely accept that we have different ideas/ definitions for what it means to be 'straight'.

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Being tormented by living in gender limbo seems like a fitting karmic punishment for cowardice and bandwagoning though.
    Yeah, idk. I really don't think that people 'deserve' to endure torment simply for questioning their identities or for having identities that aren't consistent with how others perceive them. Surely if a person wants to express themselves by self-identifying as a sapiopandemisexual with trisexual leanings, then all the power to them. I really don't think it's a problem until you try to forge a personal/ professional relationship with someone. For an example, I hear that in personal relationships, differing definitions for terms like 'monogamy'/ 'cheating' has been a source of all sorts of riveting outbursts.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pfff I'M A PONY OK?!??! deal with it.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm an old russian lady at heart.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deprecator View Post
    It's human nature to try and place both ourselves and other people into arbitrary categories. Considering that in this modern age there's a pandemic of people who want to redefine what these categories mean for either political or personal reasons, I think these categories have become rather meaningless. For an example, any guy can tell me that they self-identify as 'straight', and yet as soon as I see them making out with another dude (or some other such behavior that I'd consider to be 'gay'), I merely accept that we have different ideas/ definitions for what it means to be 'straight'.

Yeah, idk. I really don't think that people 'deserve' to endure torment simply for questioning their identities or for having identities that aren't consistent with how others perceive them. Surely if a person wants to express themselves by self-identifying as a sapiopandemisexual with trisexual leanings, then all the power to them. I really don't think it's a problem until you try to forge a personal/ professional relationship with someone. For an example, I hear that in personal relationships, differing definitions for terms like 'monogamy'/ 'cheating' has been a source of all sorts of riveting outbursts.
    I think it's good to have an identity that's consistent with how others see you. In the 1970s before this appropriation of postmodern terms by the mainstream, there weren't transgender people, just transsexuals, who were considered to actually be the other sex, not to "pass," as well as songs like "Take a Walk on the Wild Side" where it says the man becomes (not identifies as) as woman and a girl thinks she's James Dean (oh no, a dead white male!). It seems like gender now has gotten more liberal on average by getting rid of the extremes which is bizarre since we're talking about sex and I thought that was all about extremes. Questioning is fine. I'm not arguing for conservatism. I'm arguing for people to grow the pair of what they want and actually live.