Thread: your shoes

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default your shoes

I've heard you can tell a person's personality by looking at their footwear. So what kind of shoes do you prefer?
    Do you care for them (leather)? Are they expensive?
    Does your social circle or work environment expect you to wear a certain kind or quality?
    How long do you wear them?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    779 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Im pretty ungirly with shoes. I like comfy loafers for work and they can be hard to find in a department filled with heels. I also have knockoff doc marten boots that I like but that's about as fancy as I get for daily wear. Once in awhile on an evening out with friends I'll wear heels and just in the last few years that's become comfortable enough, but its kinda notable lol. Oh, I hate sandals though. So awkward. Fuck a flip flop.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't like shoe shopping. I usually just get them at Walmart when I have to. They have to fit and be comfortable enough and be colorful but not gaudy. Buckles are ugly and anything that goes between toes (glaring at you, flip-flops) is unacceptable. Also the shoelaces that usually come with the shoes are lame and don't function as well as shoelaces should. So I make my own. And I would be glad to make some for anyone who desires some.
    I actually have a picture from last year of my shoes:

I don't care for my shoes, even if they're leather. I just wear the until they wear out then I get new ones. I recently had to get a new pair to replace the ones in the upper-left of the picture because the sole had worn away entirely in spots under the ball of the foot. The tops of the shoes still looked fine.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Black leather lace ups, smooth or cap toe, Mephisto brand, about $450-550, keep them polished and don't use them for waders and they will last years. Very comfortable and have very thin leather. I can sprint in these shoes.

I bought them for work but women seem to like them.

I just checked their site and they don't make the exact shoes I have anymore. Maybe next year.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-01-2019 at 09:30 PM.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want shoes that are comfortable and last while still being cheap...which means they don't last and aren't that comfortable...*sigh*.
    Because of an inflamed nerve bundle on the bottom of my foot, I've had to switch over to wide toe-box t-shoes to give my toes wiggle room. They are definitely more comfortable, and waaaay too expensive ($100 on sale). But I can't go back to tight toe shoes so I hope these last. For around the house wear, I've got a pair of those garden clogs. Easy on, easy off, roomy, breathable. But I won't wear them out and about, and they're uncomfy for my walks.

When I was younger, and thinner, I loved wearing my knee high high-heeled boots. Actually, boots of some kind were fairly normal. In high school it was well worn cowboy boots that had been resoled a few times. Then I got some black somewhat dressy, 2" heel boots that I always wore..went with almost everything. And before I got my new wide toe-box t-shoes I was wearing a pair of black leather harley davidson boots, again with about a 2" heel.

I've tried sandals of all kinds, but they've never been comfortable...either not quite fitting right, or rubbing my feet into blisters. I even tried making my own.

I do still have some pretty heels that I adore, mostly on the cute side and very heely. These were for the rare instances that I'd go out to socialize. I've gotten rid of most of them (my hubby liked buying them for me), but haven't been able to let go of the cuter ones. I may have only worn each a handful of times, but when we pull them out of the box I can't help but go "wheeee!!!" cuz they're just too cute. I'll likely never wear them again, though, even if this inflamed nerve healed up.

I'd say that as you get older, comfort takes a higher priority (unless you're fighting the aging process and/or are image oriented).
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like mostly low heeled boots, prefer wedges or under 2 inches, and tennis shoes.

These are the main shoes I wear. The top right boots are Yippe Ki Yay Old Gringos. I think they cost around 250$ but my mom got them discount because she owned a western store for a time. She gave them to me for a present and Ive worn the hell out of them. The next ones are Stetsons and my mom also gave them to me for a present. I’ve worn them a lot too. The Sorel boots my husband gave me for Christmas one year a few years ago. I wear those a lot. The shoes next to them I don’t wear. much but they go good with skinny jeans sometimes. I got them extremely on sale. The under armour shoes I bought for myself last winter because my old tennis shoes looked like hell. The pink crocs (lol) I bought like 12 years ago and I have no idea why I bought pink but it was a terrible mistake. I wear them around the house with my socks all the time. I wouldn’t wear them out of the house except to take my kids to school occasionally and hope to god I don’t get a flat tire and people see what ridiculous outfits I wear in my own home (lol). I need to invest in another pair, like a brown pair or smth. The sandals I bought this summer. I wear them when tennis shoes don’t work with something, but I don’t wear them that often because they arent very comfortable. The last white adidas tennis shoes my husband bought me. I didn’t really like the way they looked at first, but I tried them on and they were extremely comfortable, so I’ve been living in them practically all summer.
    Tumblr

“Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.”
    ~Karl

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^crocs smh

Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    ^crocs smh
    lol omg don’t make fun of me. I shouldn’t have admitted about my bright pink crocs

Once I had some knee high rainbow toe socks. Should have seen those.
    Tumblr

“Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.”
    ~Karl

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like crocs, sorry for making fun of you

my mum had a fuxia pair just like that, for her bday once we gave her tons of colored buttons to be attached to the holes, super cute

Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those crocs and I have been through a lot together...lol I’m honestly hesitant to get another pair
    Tumblr

~Karl

TIM
    ExI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leather ankle-high flat boots, or flat leather sandals, depending on the season. I care only that they are a versatile color and will last a while, because I walk everywhere, and I most of all don’t want to have to think about think about them again until they are inevitably worn out.

They aren’t cheap enough that I’d wear through them in a couple months, but I also wouldn’t ever go for shoes over $200. Don’t even know how to keep them polished - just can’t care.

Goddess of Sociopathy Revelations's Avatar
    TIM
    SEE E2 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TOM's, I have like 10 pairs of toms. They're super comfortable and don't wear out easily. Plus I like giving back to the world as I buy. I don't wear leather, being vegetarian, so I look for canvas, rubber, fake leather (though one could argue this is advertising for leather, but I like the materials it's made of), denim, anything lightweight and modern. Older styles tend to utilize lots of leather so that's a no-go for me. I have Nikes and also some shoes from Old Navy that I really like (quality isn't as good, but they look too cute to ignore).

TIM
    Ni-IEI 459 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    lol omg don’t make fun of me. I shouldn’t have admitted about my bright pink crocs

Once I had some knee high rainbow toe socks. Should have seen those.
    My dad has bright pink crocs too. He wears them ironically I think.