Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: your shoes

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default your shoes

I've heard you can tell a person's personality by looking at their footwear. So what kind of shoes do you prefer?
    Do you care for them (leather)? Are they expensive?
    Does your social circle or work environment expect you to wear a certain kind or quality?
    How long do you wear them?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Im pretty ungirly with shoes. I like comfy loafers for work and they can be hard to find in a department filled with heels. I also have knockoff doc marten boots that I like but that's about as fancy as I get for daily wear. Once in awhile on an evening out with friends I'll wear heels and just in the last few years that's become comfortable enough, but its kinda notable lol. Oh, I hate sandals though. So awkward. Fuck a flip flop.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't like shoe shopping. I usually just get them at Walmart when I have to. They have to fit and be comfortable enough and be colorful but not gaudy. Buckles are ugly and anything that goes between toes (glaring at you, flip-flops) is unacceptable. Also the shoelaces that usually come with the shoes are lame and don't function as well as shoelaces should. So I make my own. And I would be glad to make some for anyone who desires some.
    I actually have a picture from last year of my shoes:

I don't care for my shoes, even if they're leather. I just wear the until they wear out then I get new ones. I recently had to get a new pair to replace the ones in the upper-left of the picture because the sole had worn away entirely in spots under the ball of the foot. The tops of the shoes still looked fine.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Black leather lace ups, smooth or cap toe, Mephisto brand, about $450-550, keep them polished and don't use them for waders and they will last years. Very comfortable and have very thin leather. I can sprint in these shoes.

I bought them for work but women seem to like them.

I just checked their site and they don't make the exact shoes I have anymore. Maybe next year.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-01-2019 at 09:30 PM.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want shoes that are comfortable and last while still being cheap...which means they don't last and aren't that comfortable...*sigh*.
    Because of an inflamed nerve bundle on the bottom of my foot, I've had to switch over to wide toe-box t-shoes to give my toes wiggle room. They are definitely more comfortable, and waaaay too expensive ($100 on sale). But I can't go back to tight toe shoes so I hope these last. For around the house wear, I've got a pair of those garden clogs. Easy on, easy off, roomy, breathable. But I won't wear them out and about, and they're uncomfy for my walks.

When I was younger, and thinner, I loved wearing my knee high high-heeled boots. Actually, boots of some kind were fairly normal. In high school it was well worn cowboy boots that had been resoled a few times. Then I got some black somewhat dressy, 2" heel boots that I always wore..went with almost everything. And before I got my new wide toe-box t-shoes I was wearing a pair of black leather harley davidson boots, again with about a 2" heel.

I've tried sandals of all kinds, but they've never been comfortable...either not quite fitting right, or rubbing my feet into blisters. I even tried making my own.

I do still have some pretty heels that I adore, mostly on the cute side and very heely. These were for the rare instances that I'd go out to socialize. I've gotten rid of most of them (my hubby liked buying them for me), but haven't been able to let go of the cuter ones. I may have only worn each a handful of times, but when we pull them out of the box I can't help but go "wheeee!!!" cuz they're just too cute. I'll likely never wear them again, though, even if this inflamed nerve healed up.

I'd say that as you get older, comfort takes a higher priority (unless you're fighting the aging process and/or are image oriented).
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^crocs smh

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    ^crocs smh
    lol omg don’t make fun of me. I shouldn’t have admitted about my bright pink crocs

Once I had some knee high rainbow toe socks. Should have seen those.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like crocs, sorry for making fun of you

my mum had a fuxia pair just like that, for her bday once we gave her tons of colored buttons to be attached to the holes, super cute

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those crocs and I have been through a lot together...lol I’m honestly hesitant to get another pair
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ExI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leather ankle-high flat boots, or flat leather sandals, depending on the season. I care only that they are a versatile color and will last a while, because I walk everywhere, and I most of all don’t want to have to think about think about them again until they are inevitably worn out.

They aren’t cheap enough that I’d wear through them in a couple months, but I also wouldn’t ever go for shoes over $200. Don’t even know how to keep them polished - just can’t care.

TIM
    Gamma SF. E2 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TOM's, I have like 10 pairs of toms. They're super comfortable and don't wear out easily. Plus I like giving back to the world as I buy. I don't wear leather, being vegetarian, so I look for canvas, rubber, fake leather (though one could argue this is advertising for leather, but I like the materials it's made of), denim, anything lightweight and modern. Older styles tend to utilize lots of leather so that's a no-go for me. I have Nikes and also some shoes from Old Navy that I really like (quality isn't as good, but they look too cute to ignore).

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    lol omg don’t make fun of me. I shouldn’t have admitted about my bright pink crocs

Once I had some knee high rainbow toe socks. Should have seen those.
    My dad has bright pink crocs too. He wears them ironically I think.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear my oxblood Doc Martens when I can, which is only a small portion of the year due to the heat. I also wear all black high-top Converse at the moment. I was never one to clean my shoes, but I guess you're supposed to do that... wearing black just seems easier and matches a majority of things. I probably mostly wear sandals because they are easy to put on and due to the hot environment in which I live. Though I'm starting to get freaked out at night walking my dog in sandals as there are weird creepy crawlies out there. I have some sandals that are sparkly, shiny and such.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic black combat boots (winter & autumn)
    Timberland GORE-TEX hiking boots (If I'm out in nature or the garden)
    Chucks or Adidas classics (summer for the city tym)

e_e and I'll wear my Oxford dress shoes if I have to.. or at gun point if I'm forced to. Otherwise they just gather dust in the closet.

In total I never have more than 5 pairs of shoes and per season I only use 2 pairs (to avoid stink-feet). Once a pair gets totally scuffed, I just replace it.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i only have a pair of black birkenstocks and a pair of black dr martens 1461 without yellow thread. the latter really suck, quality of dr martens is ass

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i buy my shoes at the weekly open market ehhe, but they good

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 3 pairs of footwear near my front door atm:
    1) The one I use most nowadays is a pair of unisex black and white ASICS running shoes. I got my foot dimensions scanned in the store so these ones are perfectly fitted for my feet.

2) A pair of cheap cloth black flats. The right shoe has a small hole in the front but I haven’t had time to find a new pair. I put black tape over it for a time which came off. I have very long, narrow feet, so it’s hard to find shoes that are cheap, fit me, and look good, especially in most places outside of North America.
    3) A pair of black high heels, medium-thick heel thickness and medium height. They are a standard uniform size for office work in my country.

When I was a teenager I worked at a sports clothes and footwear store over one summer. I remember I learned to quickly “VI” people that way, through noting their appearances and then checking through talking with them about their lifestyle and hobbies.
    Last edited by sbbds; 07-07-2020 at 01:27 PM.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have the same style of pumas I've worn for the past 12 years. They are 50 bucksish. I don't like spending money and once I've got my mind made up on what I like, I stick with it unless a lot of cognitive dissonance builds up.

I don't take care of them and once they wear out, I just get a new pair.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw this last year ive discovered how kickass shoemakers/repairers are, I gave him 3 pair of super old shoes, one boots pair that was all scratched, one leather sneakers that has always felt too tight and one ankle boots which soles were ripping off... and with total 40 euros this man repaired all of them

honestly im very affectioned to my shoes because it takes me a year for my feet to stop hurting when i get a new pair and i have to go through bubbles and pain and that's why i barely purchase new shoes or when i do i just buy super top ones, leather, handmade, whatnot...

shoeguy changed my life

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoes I’ve been living in this summer, mostly the flip flops

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two shoes: a pair of dress shoes for formal events and a pair of athletic shoes.

I'm thrifty and don't replace shoes until they're really damaged — e.g. when the soles start to fall off and it becomes a health hazard to wear them. Even my pair of formal dress shoes have holes in them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some air Jordan retro 5 top 3

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://https://images.app.goo.gl/rMNq3R3fdbmpANQS8

I think I love these.

I'm not much into buying clothes or shoes. And I do have all sorts of vastly different styles that ppl would prolly stereotype me on without understanding I've been given a large percentage of my shoes....but these? ....ideal. versatile, flexible, solid, polished enough and rugged, and you feel barefoot in the best way. I think these are my favorites

Update:

I always toy with the idea of wearing these with a very delicate, fancy dress and a rugged jacket because then I could wear them virtually 365 days a year....

my SEE boyfriend years ago had about 200? pairs of shoes. He got a lot of positive reinforcement for how he looked (like people would freeze and appreciatively gape at him in public), so I can understand why he might have gotten into shoe buying so much.
    I have 3 pairs I normally wear and maybe 12 pairs total. I was raised poor. I honestly don't know how many I have. And I wear mine until the holes are too dangerous (bottom of foot instea of side) or too obvious (gape so much that people will make a big deal about it).
    Last edited by nanashi; 12-08-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoes I’ve been living in this summer, mostly the flip flops

I normally go out in shoes similar to the 1st pair, though rather than the foam they have more foot support. Comfy and easy to slip on

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    I normally go out in shoes similar to the 1st pair, though rather than the foam they have more foot support. Comfy and easy to slip on
    I had a pair of sanuk yoga mat wedge flip flops in brown that were my favorite, but they got torn up and they don’t make them in brown anymore. I like a little height because I’m a shorty, but not too much where you feel it, and most wedges seem blinged out for some reason and I’m not really into that.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.sperry.com/en/saltwater-...S91175#start=1
    ive been wanting these since last fall.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierrette View Post

From when I was 19.

I still have most of these I believe. Converse is tried and true for me.
    mary-jane type shoes are dope, as are plaid. the converse i had or years until i needed a new pair were black and red plaid

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.sperry.com/en/saltwater-...S91175#start=1
    ive been wanting these since last fall.
    they seem durable and also unique

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

For comfort I have been buying the same variety of Nike Tiempos for many years because they're trainers I know I like and know will fit me and will be reasonably endurable. I recently purchased a different variety of Nike Tiempos. I like to buy something plain, probably black or some other muted colour and ideally without a massive visible logo on the side like a Nike tick.

For shoes I like to buy something a little unusual and of excellent quality. I find that buying secondfoot shoes that were actually probably only been worn once or twice because they were worn by models on catwalks is a good way of fulfilling this without the price being especially ridiculous.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My shoes
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought these black boots yesterday :x one of the most expensive purchases I’ve ever made.

Also had the brown booties on the floor beside gifted to me~

And I’m gonna trim my hair a bit with the kitchen scissors today lol

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have three pairs of shoes. One pair of steel-toed winter leather work boots that are really comfortable, even in the summer. One pair of sneakers that I wear for exercise and yard work (when I don't want to use the boots), and flip-flops. I wear shoes until they fall apart, then buy new ones and I always try to get something cheap, unless it's the work boots. I use to seal the work boots with water repellant, but I don't anymore, since I moved back down South. I think I just want my footwear to be functional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I own about 15 pairs of boots and shoes.

Most are an assortment of work boots.
    -one pair of cash high lace up rubber boots with corks (spikes). Used for traction in muddy conditions. CLASS 1 Safety TOE $145
    -One pair of half leather, half rubberized steel toe and side wall protection orange and black boot with corks. Used for falling in snowy, icy, muddy, wet conditions. The lace up leather part is good because I need to bend my leg at the heel. CLASS 1 SAFETY FORESTRY ADDITION $385
    -One pair of leather SCARPA brand 6 inch hikers with custom built soles for corks. $400 for the boots as is. After I wore them for two years I decided to have them custom corked. The cobbler removed the souls and put new ones on with screw holes for corks. $350
    - One pair of half rubber half leather muck boots. $130 Well worn to the point of holes on toes and hells.
    - Three pairs of running shoes with indoor and outdoor options. ~$300. See no point in over spending for a running shoe.
    - Hiking boots VIBERG $280 low tops.
    - Calf high Winter Boots BAFFIN brand -100C rated with safety composite toes. Just bought these $395.
    - Calf high winter boots BAFFIN brand -100 c rated with safety composite toe and neoprene outer shell for water proof $400. Owned these for several winters but they died last year.
    - An assortment of rubber water boots ~$190. Just left two of them on the North Coast as I didn't want to pay the over weight fair on the plane and one pair ripped on the tops of both seems where the steel toed met, which I was fucking chapped about.
    - One pair of black leather dress shoes ~$80. Had em for years for times when I need black leather shoes. My ESE buddy owns like 10 European pointed leather shoes. Ew.
    - One pair of all black leather Steel toed 6 inch top. Just bought these JB GOODHUE brand. $145. They are all' aight . Comfortable.
    - One pair of Adidas skate shoes. ~$100
    - One pair of black Enties skate shoes. ~$120
    - Couple bargan runners.
    - One pair of all leather lace up hikers ~$100. I wore these two the bone. Bough them for a Security job at Concerts and shows and Hockey games. Totally faded now and stretched and I still wear them.
    - Some cheap dollar Store flip-flops. ~$10
    - A pair of all Leather HAKUNA brand Flip-flops. ~$85 Awesome flips for when I want to dress up, or just around. I have purchased these flips twice.
    - One pair of TEVA brand sandals. ~$80. Wear these everywhere all spring summer and fall. In and out of the water. As soon as I take my falling boots off these sandals go on.

I protect my shoes with rain guards and waxes/oils. But some shoes I couldn't care-a-less about. I tend to have my shoes for a long time. And they get A LOT of use. I wear em until they are falling apart, or beyond decrepit, and just can't be fixed anymore. Then I toss em.
    I walk very True, so the wear pattern is usually even. Its hard to keep my shoes all in one place so I usually have them stored in a Storage Locker until I need them. My faller boots are worth a lot of cash.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear my work uniform shoes, Clarks un kenneth way black leather, everywhere I go. I polish them but they're beat to death. They're a bit pricey. My workplace expects me to wear my work shoes yes. Until they get beat enough to where I can't wear in rain without feet getting soaked.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crocs usually; sneakers if I go running or in wet weather.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

49AD39DA-9421-4EA3-AD26-745AA8C09A93.jpeg
    oxblood docs still in good condition

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9ED572B0-DC04-4A25-99ED-64877E392A99.jpeg
    black converse, high-top. honestly though, around the neighborhood, walking my dog and such, I often just wear plush-soles sandals or vionic athletic shoes. easy to slip on and good foot support

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My DH bought these for me last year. They aren’t what I’d typically pick out for myself. But I like them. Coach boots and Ugg slippers. The ugg slippers are pretty warm...

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast