Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many hours do you sleep at night?

Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default how many hours do you sleep at night?

Last edited by hag; 04-11-2020 at 03:11 AM.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

always struggled with insomnia, leaving me in a permanent state of tiredness. but as of late I started medicating for it, and it's really helped. I now sleep 9-12 hours every night, heavily like a block of concrete

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I used to sleep 6 or so hours and it was fine. I just started being able to sleep 8, sometimes, and I could really fucking use it, so I'm happy as a clam about that.

When im actually asleep im a deep sleeper, but I wake up a lot in the middle of the night or wee hours.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Usually 8 hours, sometimes 9, and occasionally 7. But lately I've been waking up in the middle.
    I'm a light sleeper. Very much so. If you talk next to me while I'm sleeping, unless I'm in REM, I'll probably be aware of it. Fortunately it doesn't take me long to fall back to sleep if I've just woken from it prematurely. I also tend to remember my dreams very well.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

at least 4 hours to feel ok at day
    prefer 7-8 hours

TIM
    ExI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need 7-8, but my realistic average is probably more like 6-7. I actually used to be much much worse about it, but as I’ve gotten older my endurance for that has dropped. To be honest, I hate sleep and don’t truly want to turn my mind off even when it’s very tired, but it’s not a choice.

Usually I sleep through the night, but have much more trouble getting to sleep in the first place, and have had a few times in my life where it was disrupted regularly in the middle of the night by mental states.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I naturally wake up around 7.5-8 hours, but when I was younger I could sleep 10 hours without waking up near the end. Nowadays if I oversleep I will get these weird physiological effects which make it not worth it.

I think 8 hours is the right number, too. Anything less and I suffer at least a little bit during the day. Less than 3 hours is max suffering, feel it all day. 4-5 hours is mid-suffering, I'll feel it around noon, or 3-4 hours after I wake up. 6-7.5 hours is maybe I'll notice it at the end of the day, or 8 hours after I wake up.

I am a fairly light sleeper. I am anxious at night.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I typically get 6 hours on weekdays, which is enough to function ok and I usually need about a half an hour to sleep. I really need 8 hours to function at my best though, which I get during the weekend.

However, I am a night owl and I have an early morning job so I have become dependent on melatonin to sleep and coffee to wake up. I am also a light sleeper, so noises can easily wake me up.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In high school and soon after, I was getting by on 4 hrs of sleep (school+2jobs). Then I had my daughter, and I had no choice but try to make it on 6 hrs of sleep. Now that I'm older I need a minimum of 8 hours of sleep to make it through to bedtime, else I need a 20-60minute nap. My bedtime hours are between 8-10pm, and my wake up time is 4-5am. And I toss and turn a LOT, and sometimes get up to walk off some hip pain or regain feeling in my hands (severe carpal tunnel syndrome).

I've always been a super light sleeper Though these days I've finally gotten most of that trained out of me.
    I also used to pop right up out of bed upon awakening, and now I laze around, postponing the start of the day.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For ears, I would sleep 12 hours a night. Now, thanks to a medication I'm taking, I can only manage about half that much.

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can easily sleep 9 hours if undisturbed.

8 hours is best though.. I try to sleep at 10pm and wake up at 6am.

I enjoy an occasional sleep deprivation though.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I sleep about 8-11 hours per day

8-9 hrs but can easily go up to 12
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 12-02-2019 at 01:15 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For the past few months, I’ve been keeping track of how many hours I sleep at night, and the running average is 5.9 hours. But I sometimes take 20 to 30 minute naps in the afternoon; once or twice a week.

I think I feel best when I get 6.5 to 7.5 hours of sleep. But I tend to stay up too late and therefore short myself the sleeping hours I need.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go to bed around 8 pm, or I'll just listen to some music and chill for awhile. Then maybe around 9-10 pm I stop listening and fall asleep. Sometimes (quite often) I fall asleep with the music playing and I wake up later and turn it off.

I've had the habit of staying up too late, but I have forced myself to go early to bed because I hate being tired during the day, it consumes my whole being.

I wake up around 6 am. I am a light sleeper and often wake up during the night. So I get maybe 8 hours. I need at least that much sleep.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm kind of an early bird, if I go to sleep at 11 I can wake up at 5 and be energetic, but if I go to sleep at 1 and sleep until 7 I feel like shit.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wth i slept from 11 or 12 to 6 am last night and felt fully restored

i've never been able to run on that little sleep before

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slept 9 hours last night, feels good man

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

ive been having sleeping problems all summer waking up all the time and sshit ugh

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consistencyofenergy View Post
    ive been having sleeping problems all summer waking up all the time and sshit ugh
    Same here.
    I used to get 8 hours with no problem but now I'm lucky if I reach 6-7 a night.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is important to have a girlfriend / boyfriend ect someone to sleep with. Then you'll sleep like a baby. Best way to improve sleep quality.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

7-9 hours, I think it's ideal.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

5-8

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I normally sleep for about 7 hours, or I will sleep for 3 hours in the day and then 4-5 at night.

Sometimes I will notice myself overthinking way too much and then my thoughts and emotions keep me up at night but I have been much better at calming myself down, letting everything go- so I can get deeper healing sleep.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually 6 hours because I have to sleep a bit late and wake up early.

I'm a light sleeper and rarely have a problem with falling asleep at night. And if I wake up early, I stay in bed like for an hour or more thinking and letting my mind wonder. it's one of my favorite times of the day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6-7 hours at best thought I need more. I wake up a lot during the night since a few years ago. Temperature regulation seems to be the biggest influence as well as weight of the sheets and covers, but its not enough. In a way, not being able to sleep well is an attack to our free will. I want, but I cannot.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anybody in this thread who sleeps really well and always wakes up feeling good and well-slept?

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7-9 hours, deep sleeper

Usually go to bed around 3am and wake up at noon
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    Usually go to bed around 3am and wake up at noon
    Typical sleep habit for me... but on sundays only, not during the week.

Typically 6-7 hours on weekdays. Less in summer, more in winter.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

around 6-7 hours, which is enough for me. I take 1-2 short naps (15-20 minutes) depending on how many social interactions I have throughout the day. I usually stay awake till 3 or 4 a.m.

TIM
    ILI 9w8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6-7 on week days, my mind is too restless to allow me to go to bed at a decent time. For example, yesterday I had finished all my daily necessities unusually early (ate dinner, took care of all forms of hygiene) but instead of taking the opportunity to get extra sleep which I thought I may do I stayed up until 12:30 online reading, watching a movie and chatting on the discord. Even once I was in bed I can't imagine that I fell asleep until 1 something, I started singing to myself and processing things that I had done throughout the day. But anyways, that's beside the point.. To answer the other question I am a deep sleeper once I have fallen asleep completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    It’s very difficult to find the time and energy to have sex with a baby
    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    you're here since a week, I've never since seen you make insightful contributions, you're making a typing thread with no elements whatsoever and and you've already stepped on my back a few times... ass type confirmed

Bumhole Extraordinaire

TIM
    Cyberbird
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Is there anybody in this thread who sleeps really well and always wakes up feeling good and well-slept?
    I think you get this by sleeping with no light and no alarm and waking up sometime in the middle like a Victorian with your books.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Between 4-7 hours generally, always feel sleepy regardless of amount, usually wake up in agony and through much force. Impossible to get more than 7 hours due to schedule but could easily sleep up to 12 hours straight if I didn't have a reason to wake up with an alarm.

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

They say that an inability to sleep is a sign of a guilty conscience, but for some reason, I tend to sleep for a long time. Naturally, I tend to sleep for 8 to 9 hours or even more when I am free to do so. But it is true that I take an hour or so to fall asleep sometimes, and do a lot of thinking and other activities in bed perhaps when I could be described as half-asleep.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

5 ish hours
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I aim for 8, end up doing usually 6-7. Unless it's on a rest day, then it's 10-12.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need 8-9, but sometimes I sleep much longer or much less

TIM
    EII-Fi, 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5-7 hours, irregular schedule. I'm not the type to need much sleep.
    Typing
    Gallery
    | Sedecology
    Network
    Tumblr
    Assessment (Beta)
    Socionics | Instinct

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-8 hours depending on the day. Usually I'll know that I have to get up at 8 AM or whenever the next day but still stay up to 3 AM doing fuck all.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8-9 hours. I always fall asleep around the same time and wake up at the same time without an alarm clock. I don't let anything disturb my sleep. If I get less then 8 hours, I'll be functional but not prime.

If I get 6 or less hours - everything will be tough and I will be constantly yawning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast