Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ayn Rand

This is the worst philosopher in the world. If you know anyone who likes her, bop them over the head with a foam hammer and then back away quickly. If you don't know anyone who likes her, keep it that way.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quite like some of her insights. "Immanuel Kant is responsible for college students doing dope" might be my favorite.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I quite like some of her insights. "Immanuel Kant is responsible for college students doing dope" might be my favorite.

Lol, sounds like Kant has gone over her head. My respect for Rand has gone below absolute zero.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know a lot about her, but from the extracts I read, I don't get why she gets labelled as a philosopher(in Greek: lover of wisdom). That's as absurd as calling TV show hosts or Hollywood stars performance artists. I would argue that her work doesn't aim to make people think, but to make them experience thought("Immanuel Kant is responsible for college students doing dope" ); like some TV show you watch in the evening when all you need is a good laugh, not some deep analysis of what makes a joke funny. Her polemic positions make for good entertainment.

My typing:
    Rand: delta ST so-last
    Ppl that take her too seriously: gamma SFs

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She reminds me of the political commentators that go on tv and argue relentlessly that they are right and everyone who says otherwise is wrong. They make everything into a debate that only they are supposed to win and act like they are intellectually superior when any criticism is voiced. They are incapable of listening and learning from people that disagree with them. She would fit in nicely in the modern world, especially on social media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayn Rand is NOT Gamma. Gammas reject absolute truth and prefer liberalism. The antithesis of Ayn Rand's work.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellohellohello View Post
    Ayn Rand is NOT Gamma. Gammas reject absolute truth and prefer liberalism. The antithesis of Ayn Rand's work.
    Gammas don't reject absolute truth but systemic units of knowledge, giving preference to "redactive" lines of direct information.

Let's colloquially say Alphas and Betas prefer schematics of how something works while Gammas and Deltas prefer Instructions/guides of how something works.

There's no model A correlation with ideology. In Model G there seems to be but anyone familiar with politics and political philosophy in theory and praxis as me for example, having engaged in political groups and the like, interacted with ppl from opposing political fields (which most of the times are very similar in personality) will easily dismiss such a claim. Political beliefs are evidently nurtural.

Btw wasn't Rand a liberal "enlightened" writer?
    If I'm not answering you, I'm either procrastinating a response, or I've judged the conversation as fruitless/already settled prior to the debate for me.

Plausible types; INxP>INxj>ENxp>ENxj

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    She reminds me of the political commentators that go on tv and argue relentlessly that they are right and everyone who says otherwise is wrong. They make everything into a debate that only they are supposed to win and act like they are intellectually superior when any criticism is voiced. They are incapable of listening and learning from people that disagree with them. She would fit in nicely in the modern world, especially on social media.
    You described me lol. Just that I take that as a compliment more than an insult...
    If I'm not answering you, I'm either procrastinating a response, or I've judged the conversation as fruitless/already settled prior to the debate for me.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    Gammas don't reject absolute truth but systemic units of knowledge, giving preference to "redactive" lines of direct information.

Let's colloquially say Alphas and Betas prefer schematics of how something works while Gammas and Deltas prefer Instructions/guides of how something works.

There's no model A correlation with ideology. In Model G there seems to be but anyone familiar with politics and political philosophy in theory and praxis as me for example, having engaged in political groups and the like, will easily dismiss such a claim. Political beliefs are evidently nurtural.

Btw wasn't Rand a liberal "enlightened" writer?
    Gammas reject absolute truth as absolute truth is coherent to L-based quadras; Alphas and Betas. Moreso Betas but that's because they value F.

I wouldn't even say Gammas prefer 'instructions/guides'. They figure things out on their own. They are highly individualistic people.

Rand was critical of classic liberals, so no.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gammas reject absolute truth as absolute truth is coherent to L-based quadras; Alphas and Betas. Moreso Betas but that's because they value F.

I wouldn't even say Gammas prefer 'instructions/guides'. They figure things out on their own. They are highly individualistic people.

Rand was critical of classic liberals, so no.
    IMs are not things in themselves. Axioms and absolutes can be acknowledged by logics of any orientation, the difference being how these absolutes/axioms are organized.

Relativism is an intellectual choice, not a personality orientation. It is also absurd because if axiomatic truth does not exist then the claim that axiomatic truth doesn't exist (which requires itself to be an absolute claim to apply) nullifies itself. Absolute truth is a necessity for anything to exist and be recognized, be it as a thing or a reflection of a different thing.

Gammas are Te/Fi Ni/Se. P-based quadras prefer information organized in a P-manner, while L-based quadras prefer information organized in L-manner.

Schematics = L
    Description = P

Libertarian is a better word for her ideas.
    Last edited by RBRS; 08-09-2022 at 02:27 PM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMs are not things in themselves. Axioms and absolutes can be acknowledged by logics of any orientation, the difference being how these absolutes/axioms are organized.

Relativism is an intellectual choice, not a personality orientation. It is also absurd because if axiomatic truth does not exist then the claim that axiomatic truth doesn't exist (which requires itself to be an absolute claim to apply) nullifies itself. Absolute truth is a necessity for anything to exist and be recognized, be it as a thing or a reflection of a different thing.

Gammas are Te/Fi Ni/Se. P-based quadras prefer information organized in a P-manner, while L-based quadras prefer information organized in L-manner.

Schematics = L
    Description = P

Libertarian is a better word for her ideas.
    Ok but you do know that instructions/guides/descriptions are born out of L? Right?

Personality orientation, especially sociotype orientation, absolutely determines intellectual choices. Nothing has to be absolute truth for it to be recognized or exist? That's just reality. Absolute truth is born out of L, once again. It's born out of schemes, rules, and structural logic. The "absoluteness" is born out of structural logic, not pragmatism.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok but you do know that instructions/guides/descriptions are born out of L? Right?

Personality orientation, especially sociotype orientation, absolutely determines intellectual choices. Nothing has to be absolute truth for it to be recognized or exist? That's just reality. Absolute truth is born out of L, once again. It's born out of schemes, rules, and structural logic. The "absoluteness" is born out of structural logic, not pragmatism.
    No they're not. Actually although there's a preference for certain forms of information organizing in each logical orientation the logical orientations themselves are only a perception of a different aspect of information. L is all about external field statics, meaning static, objective connections between information units/objects.

Instructions/guides/descriptions are more related to external object dynamics (AKA Te).

Sociotype can influence the process behind an intellectual choice, but not the choice itself.

Absolute truth/axioms are just a concept, this is, an information unit of the logics realm to be understood by the two orientations of logics.

And relativism makes no sense because the inexistence of axioms is an axiom in itself. It is completely absurd.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No they're not. Actually although there's a preference for certain forms of information organizing in each logical orientation the logical orientations themselves are only a perception of a different aspect of information. L is all about external field statics, meaning static, objective connections between information units/objects.

Instructions/guides/descriptions are more related to external object dynamics (AKA Te).

Sociotype can influence the process behind an intellectual choice, but not the choice itself.

Absolute truth/axioms are just a concept, this is, an information unit of the logics realm to be understood by the two orientations of logics.

And relativism makes no sense because the inexistence of axioms is an axiom in itself. It is completely absurd.
    Absolute truth to you is not the same as absolute truth to me, which is why I'm saying it's born out of L which is inherently subjective, and not objective (pragmatism; P). Explain this:

Structural logic (L): creating schemes, constructing, analyzing; following laws, instructions, plans; keeping composure, emotional control; skeleton, bones

Business logic (P): calculation of profitable actions; work, benefit, profit, money; automatism, desire to movement; cardiovascular system

Where in P does it say anything about instructions/guides/etc.? In fact, it says it in L.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma Te: this information may not be the absolute truth, but it's the most close to the absolute truth we have right now, so we better make use of it to create more profits as we can, until the scientists find out better answer.

Te doesn't needs a true answer, it needs the best answer for the giving momment. So it doesn't care much about
    absolute truth nor denies it.
    Last edited by Renna; 08-09-2022 at 04:48 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renna View Post
    Gamma Te: this information may not be the absolute truth, but it's the most close to the absolute truth we have right now, so we better make use of it to create more profits as we can, until the scientists find out better answer.

Te doesn't needs a true answer, it needs the best answer for the giving momment. So it doesn't care much about
    absolute truth nor denies it.
    Congratulations! You bumped a thread that's probably older than some of my nieces and nephews!