Thread: IEEs and Illness

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default IEEs and Illness

how do IEEs act when dealing with physical illness (in themselves and others)?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They tend to be open to intellectually exploring ideas, causes, and solutions.
    They tend to not always know how to relate the above to their current bodily states.

Their Se role sometimes makes them pointlessly push forward or try to be tougher about something than when it would be best to do less and recover.

The one's I've known have been fairly considerate of others states and ready to help them with what they can. They may suggest natural remedies or some non-traditional solution.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I react very badly. I'm just a mix of very uncareful and squirmish about all that. Most of the time I don't even really know what's wrong in my body. I have to sit down and go through a list of questions, like where exactly does it hurt? Since when? What kind of ache is it? IS THAT NORMAL? Once I've decided that something has to be done, I'll talk about it with a Si user and follow their advice. Or go on the internet. Worst case go to the doctor. I don't like the doctor.

When facing a situation I never had before, my Ne goes in overdrive and it's bad. Like when I have a toothache for 2 minutes I'll begin to imagine my teeth falling out and having to pay for a filling, and how my body decays, and, and... And then I just get more anxious and can't relax/recover properly. I guess I need someone who just says "it's nothing, let's just put a magic kiss on it and it won't hurt anymore" or explains what I should do about it.

I try to be helpful when others are sick, but mostly I just try to help them relax and ask if I can do smt for them. Or share the little knowledge I have about medicine.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    I react very badly. I'm just a mix of very uncareful and squirmish about all that. Most of the time I don't even really know what's wrong in my body. I have to sit down and go through a list of questions, like where exactly does it hurt? Since when? What kind of ache is it? IS THAT NORMAL? Once I've decided that something has to be done, I'll talk about it with a Si user and follow their advice. Or go on the internet. Worst case go to the doctor. I don't like the doctor.

When facing a situation I never had before, my Ne goes in overdrive and it's bad. Like when I have a toothache for 2 minutes I'll begin to imagine my teeth falling out and having to pay for a filling, and how my body decays, and, and... And then I just get more anxious and can't relax/recover properly. I guess I need someone who just says "it's nothing, let's just put a magic kiss on it and it won't hurt anymore" or explains what I should do about it.

I try to be helpful when others are sick, but mostly I just try to help them relax and ask if I can do smt for them. Or share the little knowledge I have about medicine.
    Slippery slope negativist thinking
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will suggest things like natural remedies I've tried that have helped and I am definitely open to them. I've been sick plenty, don't think I have the greatest immune system and have gotten stressed out to a degree where I make myself ill. I used to be more worried and hypochondriac like, but this faded as I aged. I guess sometimes I do still worry, but I'll usually just google solutions and if I have the time and money, go to the doctor. I've had enough issues to often recognize potential underlying problems at this point. Although I didn't realize when I had a double ear infection, lol, I was like WHY AM I SO DIZZY. Glad someone suggested this to me because the doctor I saw wouldn't have checked my ears had I not said something just before leaving the appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    They tend to be open to intellectually exploring ideas, causes, and solutions.
    They tend to not always know how to relate the above to their current bodily states.

Their Se role sometimes makes them pointlessly push forward or try to be tougher about something than when it would be best to do less and recover.

The one's I've known have been fairly considerate of others states and ready to help them with what they can. They may suggest natural remedies or some non-traditional solution.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get sick often. I have a great immune system
    But when I do I get really moody, it makes me feel caged.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They lie in bed wailing and moaning, not knowing how to handle it or being able to sit it out. But even with incapacitating high fever and pains down to the bones, the males among us will still find the energy to masturbate and reach a satisfying orgasm, after which we peacefully fall asleep for a while.

(in 2014 I had surgery on a groin hernia and was given a dose of morphine afterwards. I knew I was in pain but it didn't feel bad at all. The next day I was hanging up loudspeakers in my study and my GF had to hold me back. As such, morphine is the perfect Si drug for IEEs).
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Own illnesses: ignore until it can't be ignored and/or suffer in silence
    Others' illnesses: accommodating and nurturing - the grab-you-chicken-soup variety

Somehow I've convinced myself I don't really have many needs and everything will work out either way. It always helps to have someone around who can help me take care of myself.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Default View Post
    Own illnesses: ignore until it can't be ignored and/or suffer in silence
    Others' illnesses: accommodating and nurturing - the grab-you-chicken-soup variety

Somehow I've convinced myself I don't really have many needs and everything will work out either way. It always helps to have someone around who can help me take care of myself.
    I know the variety who is like the first, and then treats others like the first too. Not very comforting.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I know of my IEE friend, she either does nothing about it and ignores the problem until she collapses in bed, or she overdoes it and you can see her carrying multiple types of pills with her at all times and nose drops, blowing her nose every 5 minutes as if that's going to make her recover faster. She has a tendency to ignore work until the last moment and then completely and utterly overwork herself (very unproductively at that, too) -- and then her immune system drops, and she gets sick, which starts off the inevitable shitfest of crying and moaning about how terrible her life is. I find it equal parts funny and sad.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not IEE, that I know of anyways, but my Si is not something to brag about so I will share my experience. Also, strangely enough I have never seen an IEE sick... I’m sure they hide behind locked doors during it. I will exert myself to exhaustion and not notice the signs my body is giving me and often will not notice until it’s pointed out to me. I will protest against remedies, for example, my Si ego mom might try to push something on to me and I will refuse. I am currently in the “I pushed myself into exhaustion” phase and I am in withdrawal (dope sick, if you will, but I am in denial~), so I am starting to feel sick. I still feel the need to socialize but my sickness is overriding it and I feel like I’m missing out on grand things.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IXEs seem to notice illness in others long before they pay attention to their own symptoms. More than a few that I knew deliberately avoided seeking professional help; I know of three who finally sought help when symptoms became chronic but it was too late by then......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I know the variety who is like the first, and then treats others like the first too. Not very comforting.
    Just ignore those people and you're fine