Thread: IEEs and Illness

TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default IEEs and Illness

how do IEEs act when dealing with physical illness (in themselves and others)?

TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They tend to be open to intellectually exploring ideas, causes, and solutions.
    They tend to not always know how to relate the above to their current bodily states.

Their Se role sometimes makes them pointlessly push forward or try to be tougher about something than when it would be best to do less and recover.

The one's I've known have been fairly considerate of others states and ready to help them with what they can. They may suggest natural remedies or some non-traditional solution.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

TIM
    IEE DCNH-C sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I react very badly. I'm just a mix of very uncareful and squirmish about all that. Most of the time I don't even really know what's wrong in my body. I have to sit down and go through a list of questions, like where exactly does it hurt? Since when? What kind of ache is it? IS THAT NORMAL? Once I've decided that something has to be done, I'll talk about it with a Si user and follow their advice. Or go on the internet. Worst case go to the doctor. I don't like the doctor.

When facing a situation I never had before, my Ne goes in overdrive and it's bad. Like when I have a toothache for 2 minutes I'll begin to imagine my teeth falling out and having to pay for a filling, and how my body decays, and, and... And then I just get more anxious and can't relax/recover properly. I guess I need someone who just says "it's nothing, let's just put a magic kiss on it and it won't hurt anymore" or explains what I should do about it.

I try to be helpful when others are sick, but mostly I just try to help them relax and ask if I can do smt for them. Or share the little knowledge I have about medicine.
    Jg djwjmjabujpo jt up tvswjwf, xf nvtu dvmujwbuf uif tdjfodf pg ivnbo sfmbujpotijqt - uif bcjmjuz pg bmm qfpqmft, pg bmm ljoet, up mjwf uphfuifs, jo uif tbnf xpsme bu qfbdf.
    Gsbolmjo E. Spptfwfmu

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    I react very badly. I'm just a mix of very uncareful and squirmish about all that. Most of the time I don't even really know what's wrong in my body. I have to sit down and go through a list of questions, like where exactly does it hurt? Since when? What kind of ache is it? IS THAT NORMAL? Once I've decided that something has to be done, I'll talk about it with a Si user and follow their advice. Or go on the internet. Worst case go to the doctor. I don't like the doctor.

When facing a situation I never had before, my Ne goes in overdrive and it's bad. Like when I have a toothache for 2 minutes I'll begin to imagine my teeth falling out and having to pay for a filling, and how my body decays, and, and... And then I just get more anxious and can't relax/recover properly. I guess I need someone who just says "it's nothing, let's just put a magic kiss on it and it won't hurt anymore" or explains what I should do about it.

I try to be helpful when others are sick, but mostly I just try to help them relax and ask if I can do smt for them. Or share the little knowledge I have about medicine.
    Slippery slope negativist thinking
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE-Fi-H, E4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will suggest things like natural remedies I've tried that have helped and I am definitely open to them. I've been sick plenty, don't think I have the greatest immune system and have gotten stressed out to a degree where I make myself ill. I used to be more worried and hypochondriac like, but this faded as I aged. I guess sometimes I do still worry, but I'll usually just google solutions and if I have the time and money, go to the doctor. I've had enough issues to often recognize potential underlying problems at this point. Although I didn't realize when I had a double ear infection, lol, I was like WHY AM I SO DIZZY. Glad someone suggested this to me because the doctor I saw wouldn't have checked my ears had I not said something just before leaving the appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    They tend to be open to intellectually exploring ideas, causes, and solutions.
    They tend to not always know how to relate the above to their current bodily states.

Their Se role sometimes makes them pointlessly push forward or try to be tougher about something than when it would be best to do less and recover.

The one's I've known have been fairly considerate of others states and ready to help them with what they can. They may suggest natural remedies or some non-traditional solution.
    "I am my own muse. I am the subject I know best, the subject I want to know better."
    4 core, sx/so slight sx bend, xNFp Melancholic, Negotiator, Explorer