Thread: Type this joke

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this joke

Two Finnish guys, Hakku and Jaakko, run into each other in the street. "Have a drink?", Hakku asks. "Yes", Jaakko replies. The first bottle of wodka is emptied in silence. While opening the second bottle, Hakku asks: "How's life?" Jaakko: "We were going to drink, weren't we?"
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A continental joke, one that could stand alone without the assignment of ethnic/national 'flavor' but it can't do w/o it because it would be like a man missing his 3rd leg.

Anyway, i did smile

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The theme of exaggeration of stereotypes could be Fe. But there's also Ni I think because of the implied mental process from drinking in silence to "how's life" to the harsh reply. Could also be Ne. Oh and Se also because of the harsh reply.

Jaakko is probably a Normalizer
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hakku (=pick ax), never heard of it as a nickname. Maybe it is like Nuija (=mallet) aka stupid.

Even drinking has to be productive aka Te.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the version I've heard he doesn't say "How's life" but instead "Cheers!". And then the same response. I think "Cheers!" works better because the response becomes even more absurd.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Two Finnish guys, Hakku and Jaakko, run into each other in the street. "Have a drink?", Hakku asks. "Yes", Jaakko replies. The first bottle of wodka is emptied in silence. While opening the second bottle, Hakku asks: "How's life?" Jaakko: "We were going to drink, weren't we?"
    I probably don't even understand the joke, but I'm interpreting Hakku as saying that he doesn't want to talk. He's a heavy introvert and probably also depressed. Jaakko might not have had a drink at all and maybe just wanted his friend to open up to him or to see how he's doing and didn't necessarily expect him to be so heavily drinking. The silence might have been due to Jaakko trying to size up introverted Haakko, but failing, so he defaults to "How's life?" instead. Jaakko seems to be taking an extroverted role and Hakku an introverted one. Jaakko also seems IP by his response "We were going to drink, weren't we?" I also get a Te/Fi vibe from Hakku - he's concerned about his friend and doing something active to get to the bottom of it. Maybe EJ meets IP interaction or Te/Fi meets Si, since Jaakko took him literally.
    previously Megadoodoo