Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default End Boomer Culture

Thank you all for being on this site, even the cursed ones. I found some actual scientific evidence that "Boomer culture" mostly is a bunch of narcissism brought on by the economy and apparently the last of them will die in 2070. If Boomers are born for 20 years but people have raved about them for 80, 120 years of Boomer life multiplied by 4 will give us 480 years of Boomer cultural dominance. I don't think that can bear out, but thanks for being incredibly unhip with me in the meantime. Screw the Boomers. None of them are innocent, OK maybe one.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Boomers are going to routinely live to be 110 years old? We're fucked

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boomer culture has “I’m right la la la I can’t hear you” hardwired into it. We are indeedily fucked.

Had to sit next to one for a lunch party last month and wanted to murder the dude within half an hour. Zero interest in nor empathy for what young people are facing today.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Boomer culture has “I’m right la la la I can’t hear you” hardwired into it. We are indeedily fucked.

Had to sit next to one for a lunch party last month and wanted to murder the dude within half an hour. Zero interest in nor empathy for what young people are facing today.
    Well, obviously those young people aren't self-actualized enough. [/s] I feel like what younger people have done "wrong" (as in terrifically right) is read books and realize all the wishing in the world doesn't get rid of the idea of character.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Well, obviously those young people aren't self-actualized enough. [/s] I feel like what younger people have done "wrong" (as in terrifically right) is read books and realize all the wishing in the world doesn't get rid of the idea of character.
    In his view what young people were doing wrong was just not working hard enough and not relying on luck, like he did.

He's retired now and doing fuckall, while younger people bust their asses. And what fucking luck? This asshole and others like him sopped up all the luck like the giant sponges they are, and there's none left, thanks.

By the way, Boomers are the ones who invented these "generations" in the first place to divide themselves against the people who came before and after them and hold themselves up as superior. Let them stay in their special bubble, but I hope the rest of us curtail the nonsense as the majority of it at this point is driven by marketing folks trying to sell shit you probably don't need.
    Last edited by golden; 07-26-2019 at 02:46 PM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In his view what young people were doing wrong was just not working hard enough and not relying on luck, like he did.

He's retired now and doing fuckall, while younger people bust their asses. And what fucking luck? This asshole and others like him sopped up all the luck like the giant sponges they are, and there's none left, thanks.

By the way, Boomers are the ones who invented these "generations" in the first place to divide themselves against the people who came before and after them and hold themselves up as superior. Let them stay in their special bubble, but I hope the rest of us curtail the nonsense as the majority of it at this point is driven by marketing folks trying to sell shit you probably don't need.
    Well, I only use the generations to refer to Boomers. I've referred to all post-Boomers as XYZs because I see no major difference between the younger generations' cultures, not even accounting for technological advances. I don't refer to older generations as anything besides "old people" and "dead people" either. I also get along better with my grandparents who watch Fox News than I ever have with my parents. For example, my parents once backed me into a corner and started hitting me to try to sell my cello after I got into the state high school honor's orchestra (in case you're wondering, they didn't succeed and I still have my cello) because "cello is for snooty people and you don't practice enough." My grandparents, on the other hand, thought cello was awesome and bought me a Yo-Yo Ma Christmas album for one of my Christmas presents. My grandparents are people who watch Fox News and think Obama is the Antichrist because he's black and are not educated people in general so I'm surprised we get along at all. It seems that Boomers as a group just suck at getting along with anyone and prefer to "cut everyone out of their life" (not actually a possible thing to do) for their "self-fulfillment." Screw Boomers.

Also, notice despite the Pseud Stereotype saying "we live in a society..." I never rant about "society." Society is the one thing I feel a painful lack of and it's the Boomers' fault. All my analyzing things is looking for a way to put society back together. Luckily it's recovering very quickly relative to how long it's been suppressed, but it shouldn't've been damaged in the first place. How are we supposed to fall in love without ballrooms and street balconies and sonnets? How are we supposed to be absolute masters and geniuses soaring to Mars and saving the Earth's climate too without recognition? How are we supposed to attain ultimate things inside our own heads? Boomers leave nothing but destruction in their wake. I'm so glad at every misfortune that happens to them and I only wish I could inflict more than I already have on these willfully autistic idiots. Don't punch a Nazi. That's old hat. Save it for the Boomers.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yes, that's always the accusation, but you also have to realize part of why Boomers could get lucky because they had no standards. Half of it was that they had all the war money though, but they decided to do things no one cared about with it. I always think if people befriend their grandparents, they'll gladly give all the war money to us instead of the Booming Babies. You don't even have to do much because the standards the Booming Babies set are so low. Just open an Etsy shop or start a garage band and do some politics or go to church and you've done more on the first day than the Developmentally Halted have done in their entire wretched lives.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Boomers are going to routinely live to be 110 years old? We're fucked
    Apparently a few are projected to. Fortunately, no one will be willing and able to pay for their Medicare and they worship doctors to the exclusion of making good lifestyle decisions (I appreciate doctors, but thinking that's somehow exclusive with taking care of yourself is stupid) so in reality they'll probably just have a health crash and die at 65 en masse instead (talking about what age horrible people need to die at feels very morbid even if they are horrible people.)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: has anyone become skeptical of the ideal of absolute freedom thanks to baby boomers? Is it unsustainable and do you think it leads to selfishness at the cost of the greater good?

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Question: has anyone become skeptical of the ideal of absolute freedom thanks to baby boomers? Is it unsustainable and do you think it leads to selfishness at the cost of the greater good?
    I think that depends on what freedom means. Being free to do one thing automatically means not being free to do something else. The New Age Cult has the dumbest autistic idea of freedom in the world hands-down though.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this site makes the oldest one ~125. Let's not let that happen, unless that's just a nice person who happened to be born during the reign of the New Age Cult, in which case they deserve all the time after the cult they can get.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, "Boomers" should be retired as a phrase unless maybe it's possible to rehabilitate it in the future. Calling them the New Age Cult is better because that's exactly what their ideology is, though I don't want to throw hippies who don't think like this under the bus which is why I won't call them "New Agers" but only "New Age Cultists." They are just a bunch of people who worship the bodies they were born in who happen to be born at the same time and think that everything before them was born wrong and should be thrown out and are now thinking everything to come should be thrown out. In other words, they want their bodies to bring in a New Age and they see other people as blank slates except for their bodies. It's not coincidental how many of them worship doctors, both regular doctors and all sorts of other healers and sometimes quacks, in this light either (which is an amazing profession and I appreciate them, but still nothing is worthy of actual worship like it's a god.) So please do fight the New Age Body Cult where you see it. It probably is the most expansive vile cult that's ever existed and the biggest aberration ever to randomly spawn in the world. Luckily, its duration will be limited by the fact their bodies will die and no one will like them enough to bring them back by whatever means sci-fi people in the future develop (except maybe for sadistic entertainment and/or research purposes,) and another similar group will never form because most people disagree with that vile philosophy more than they could possibly disagree with anything else you could think and will cut it down at the roots before it starts.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very glad that the timing of the Internet and the Cult seems perfect. If the Internet was developed before the Cult, they would just use it to spread their ideology and it would stamp out all others since their ideology has already proven that overpowering. If it was developed long after they were dead, no one would know anything about the Cult and it would be revived to the same effect. As it so happens, the Internet came about just as the Cult was losing the brainpower needed to use it and everyone was being incredibly vocal about how awful they were, so the next time someone says "should we worship ourselves for being born?" the answer will be a resounding NO from the brain of the world instead of YES. It's a miracle.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Not the brightest economic outlook for our generation. Our taxes are going to have to go up in order to subsidize their retirement.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As we face an incoming crunch of working-age adults, there are going to be fewer doctors, nurses, and other professionals to care for the elderly. This will no doubt put a strain on our existing welfare systems. I could see welfare systems being reconfigured to ferry people to countries with health-tourism sectors, countries like Turkey, Bulgaria, or Singapore.

I don't think that getting rid of welfare policies is a likely possibility, not least because boomers are fond of voting themselves entitlements. It'd also lead to bankruptcies and higher crime, and peoples' retirements would have to be subsidized in less effective ways, such as by building prisons.

As taxes grow to painful levels due to fewer taxpayers, and as businesses start struggling due to fewer employees and fewer customers, it's not far fetched to predict an ebbing in the hostility towards immigration by 2030. However obscene or unlikely it sounds today, I could even imagine rich countries paying people to immigrate.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    As taxes grow to painful levels due to fewer taxpayers, and as businesses start struggling due to fewer employees and fewer customers, it's not far fetched to predict an ebbing in the hostility towards immigration by 2030. However obscene or unlikely it sounds today, I could even imagine rich countries paying people to immigrate.

BTW, this is already a trend in some countries. Small towns are hoping to attract immigrants due to aging populations and a brain drain (to big cities). link

Overpopulation may be bad in some respects, but underpopulation is in many ways much worse. The idea that immigrants take away jobs doesn't consider the fact that immigrants also act as consumers who buy things, which creates new jobs. The presence of more consumers also allows businesses (or the government) to create economies of scale. If population growth truly led to economic stagnation, cities would be poorer than countrysides, and there would be a brain drain from urbanized areas to rural areas.