TIM
    LIE Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post LIE Subtypes Explanation

Hello,

I am a LIE who desperately tries to find his accurate subytpe.

The thing is that all my friends suggest either Te or Ni. So I am not sure anymore which subytpe is more accurate. I don't want to judge that fast based on a few options.

May someone elaborate some differences between Te and Ni Subtype?

Thanks in advance!

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some type based on extraversion as in BIG 5. Other try to type based on ego block IME accentuation. There is no real way.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can find more complete descriptions on sociotype.com, but in my experience, Te subtypes are colder, harder, and more logical than Ni subtypes. Ni subtypes are more imaginative, dreamier, more forgiving and less active and less assertive in the real world.
    Te subtypes are more likely to start companies, and Ni subtypes are more likely to run (whole or part) already established companies.
    Te subtypes tend to be one-man shows, and Ni subtypes tend to be ensemble players. This has to do with Se weakening with increasing Ni, so Ni subtypes tend to need and ask for more help from others.

I’m a Te subtype and I get accused of being LSE a lot. I know a few Ni subtype LIE’s, and they seem more like ILI’s (while still being LIE).

Of course, this comparison assumes that you have examples of both subtypes for comparison.

Lacking that, just take the extended test at Sociotype.com.

TIM
    LIE Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, that's a very nice explanation.
    Yeah, then I am definitely a Ni subtype, since I value Ti and Se not that much and other people have told me that I use Fi way more in daily life.
    Regardless of that, I still use Te very often, especially when I solve problems. Maybe that's why my test result was LIE-Te. But the description for the Te subtype doesn't fit my personality that well.

Subtypes are really interesting theories.
    Last edited by PLUSULTRA; 07-22-2019 at 11:18 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PLUSULTRA View Post
    Thank you, that's a very nice explanation.
    Yeah, then I am definitely a Ni subtype, since I value Ti and Se not that much and other people have told me that I use Fi way more in daily life.
    Regardless of that, I still use Te very often, especially when I solve problems. Maybe that's why my test result was LIE-Te. But the description for the Te subtype doesn't fit my personality that well.

Subtypes are really interesting theories.
    I'd be careful about assigning yourself a type based on what I said. You might want to knock around a bit more and explore your ITR's and watch some videos of people who have been typed one way of the other.

I think the distinction between LIE-Te and LIE-Ni can be subtle if you don't have lots of examples to go by. Personally, I know at least 20 LIE's (18 males, two females), and they run the spectrum, but the differences are still subtle.

Just sayin'.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A subtype exists when significantly more time is habitually spent on input (Ni) processes than on output (Te), or vice versa; otherwise, one is an average LIE with no distinguishable subtype. There's an important distinction between habitually dwelling on one aspect of information processing and being forced to do so by circumstance, the latter is not an indication of subtype. A subtype seems to obsessively spend too much time either gathering information or rationalizing, which is often reflected in the types of careers that one pursues and the activities that one enjoys. However, there is no difference in actual information processing except that subtypes tend to be less effective overall; they are often seen by others as lacking a balanced lifestyle.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LIE Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I already have researched a lot, and even watched some videos about LIE-Ni and LIE-Te online to get an idea. But since there are so many different definitions online, I wanted to ask here on this forum for help. My test result kinda surprised me a little bit as well. I have no doubt that I am a LIE (description of LIE by Stratiyevskaya and many others are on point), but I think I can identify myself more with the Ni subtype than the Te subtype.

But even my friends have different opinions about my subtype .

TIM
    LIE Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    A subtype exists when significantly more time is habitually spent on input (Ni) processes than on output (Te), or vice versa; otherwise, one is an average LIE with no distinguishable subtype. There's an important distinction between habitually dwelling on one aspect of information processing and being forced to do so by circumstance, the latter is not an indication of subtype. A subtype seems to obsessively spend too much time either gathering information or rationalizing, which is often reflected in the types of careers that one pursues and the activities that one enjoys. However, there is no difference in actual information processing except that subtypes tend to be less effective overall; they are often seen by others as lacking a balanced lifestyle.

a.k.a. I/O

I see, thank you. I really like to spent time researching about topics and concepts. Therefore I would say, I use Ni more often than Te. For instance, I study "Consumer Science and Marketing" at university. I have to research a lot and gather different perspectives about an issue, so I greatly enjoy this process.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@PLUSULTRA You are likely the only one who can determine your subtype because for most people, behaviour often involuntarily changes when in public forums. However, when there are conflicting opinions, you're likely in the middle with no subtype. I wrote the following middle description but I forget the context and on whom it was based:

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...iption-by-I-O?

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Its not like you necessarily are one or other subtype, there are also ppl without subtype.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-29-2019 at 06:32 PM.