Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tea

Who else here likes tea? Let's drink tea and become deltas! What kind do you like?

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Who else here likes tea? Let's drink tea and become deltas! What kind do you like?
    This largely depends on the time of day; naturally, one does not want to become over-caffeinated in the evening.

I prefer to drink black or oolong teas in the morning, green or white teas at lunch, and (if I am not drinking alcohol) a herbal blend in the evening. I find a combination of rooibos, chamomile and hibiscus effective as a sleep aid, and green tea leaves with ginkgo and siberian ginseng help maintain selective focus throughout the day.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't gingko for old people to remember things? It's also the perv tree but that's not related to its medicinal uses. I also think hibiscus would keep me up but not for very long. It reminds me of sugary things.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm not crazy about tea but beta! bf really likes it so I'll go along if he makes it... peppermint or ginger or both. I prefer the flavor of ginger.

I bought nighttime tea with passionflower and chamomile because it's supposed to help me sleep, and I drink green tea sometimes for reported benefits, so... pragmatic stuff.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only tried it a handful of times my whole life, but I’d really like to try more. I need to get a tea book or something lol
    Last edited by Aster; 07-20-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fresh ginger + fresh peppermint + honey

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I drink green tea sometimes as an alternative to coffee. Green tea contains L-Theanine, which takes the edge off the jumpiness I can get from too much caffeine.

As for the taste of various teas, I'm basically indifferent. Same with exotic coffees. Si-PoLR.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

chamomile+milk+sugar
    berries
    lemon
    cinnamon+apple

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I'm not crazy about tea but beta! bf really likes it so I'll go along if he makes it... peppermint or ginger or both. I prefer the flavor of ginger.

I bought nighttime tea with passionflower and chamomile because it's supposed to help me sleep, and I drink green tea sometimes for reported benefits, so... pragmatic stuff.
    Yeah, I don't think tea is for deltas only. That would be a sad world.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to quit caffeine.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I buy Tipson Ceylon N1. It's mediocre. Among what is easy to buy here and not high price. Not the best what I tasted.
    I put 2 spoons per a 200 ml cup. But then add water again 1-2 times.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I buy Tipson Ceylon N1. It's mediocre. Among what is easy to buy here and not high price. Not the best what I tasted.
    I put 2 spoons per a 200 ml cup. But then add water again 1-2 times.
    Someone needs to learn gongfu cha and/or buy a Keurig.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer pretty strong herbal tea, and also green, unsweetened. I’ve mostly made the switch to loose-leaf since it’s usually cheaper, and I tend to go through tea bags quickly; if I use them, I like to use three or four per cup. My girlfriend says she can barely drink tea as strong and bitter as I like it.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone else here like Russian Caravan? That moment when the only other black tea fan is an old Russian and he actually doesn't like Russian Caravan... I like green and herbal too, but I like black more. White is not my thing and I'm not going to judge oolong until I get a gongfu cha version (which is not necessarily expensive at all but is still harder to get.) I want to go to the Asian district soon and get teapots and a bonsai tree and make a sumi-e painting.

Also, I'm probably totally going to try perv tree gingko powder even if I usually hear old people take it, and guarana in tea (something I haven't tried. I really like guarana since it's all-natural non-jittery caffeine powder.)

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't generally like Slate but these comments make gingko sound like the transsexual prostitute of trees which had me laughing out loud for a long time: http://www.slate.com/articles/health...kgo_trees.html

Ginkgo Biloba

This tree's leaf, which here the East
    In my garden propagates,
    On its secret sense we feast
    Such as sages elevates.

Is it but one being single
    Which as same itself divides?
    Are there two which choose to mingle
    So that one each other hides?

As the answer to such question
    I have found a sense that's true:
    Is it not my songs' suggestion
    That I'm one and also two?

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, I like Gyokuro Green tea. Ginger is nice too.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gongfu Cha can purify even the filthiest of souls.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Yeah, I like Gyokuro Green tea. Ginger is nice too.
    I read "Gulenko Green tea"... haha...

While I'm here, I'll answer.
    Herbal tea, Rooibos, and the occasional green tea. My favorite is sage infusion.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lilac tenebris View Post
    I read "Gulenko Green tea"... haha...

While I'm here, I'll answer.
    Herbal tea, Rooibos, and the occasional green tea. My favorite is sage infusion.
    I laughed at "Gulenko Green tea," though I don't like plain rooibos very much. Which herbal tea do you like? I like hibiscus, lemongrass, and chamomile (not all together usually,) and mint is OK as an ingredient like with chocolate (also, chai/herbal chai/flavored chai is great with chocolate/cocoa/vanilla if you like at least one of those separately.) I had anise once and didn't like it, though I like licorice which most people say is similar (I've never seen a plain licorice tea though. That would probably make you sick.)

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Most recently I've combined green and peppermint and that's pretty relaxing. I usually do 2x+ concentrations.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Most recently I've combined green and peppermint and that's pretty relaxing.
    Yes, I like this combination too, especially during summertime, it's both vitalizing and refreshing. It's a classic, quite common drink in northern african countries.

I don't like fermented tea, but I like green tea and some herbal mixes.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I just like black licorice flavor. Reminds me of how forests and deserts and other good places would taste if you added sugar.

I would probably drink all of those besides bourbon, pineapple, strawberry, and jasmine green. Also, no plain cinnamon. If you have cinnamon, you need more complex spices in there too, though cinnamon and mint sounds good for cocoa.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh, I like tea. I have a whole cupboard shelf dedicated to it. I prefer loose leaf, though it's a pain to clean up, so I have a lot of bagged teas. Most of my teas have some sort of functional use, like calming, or hormone supporting, or digestive aids. But some I get just because they look interesting or tasty. Often I'll use premade blends, but more and more I try creating my own combos. Currently I'm sipping on an "Every day detox" premade blend.

I've also recently started making my version of moon milk to drink at night, which has a variety of herbs and spices, including ashwagandha and turmeric and cacao powder. That's not strictly a tea, though. It's a calming nighttime ritual.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Earl Grey. There was a time I drank green tea on the regular for its health benefits, but then I found out that most of the green tea for sale in my country is grown in China and that China is extremely polluted so the toxins find their way into the leaves (and rice, for that matter).

Earl Grey is delicious, though.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as some tiny part of me would like to pretend I didn't just discover this today, Russian Caravan with juniper berries has to be my favorite black unsweetened tea now. I love Earl Grey too, which is probably the only tea that's good black and with whatever flavors you like besides standard American-style black and green teas and some herbal teas and rooibos that I don't have much of a taste for.

If you're talking about heavy metals, I heard those are safe as long as you don't eat the leaves (which unfortunately some people do and some companies promote.) If you mean pesticides, yes, I would stay away.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyboy else put salt in some types of tea? Or I'm the only one here to do so?

I like to put about a quarter of teaspoon of salt into a cup of spicy tea-types, like lemongrass. It improves to the taste of the tea to my perception. (And usually half a teaspoon of sugar.)

TIM
    ExI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t drink tea for caffeine - need stronger stuff than that. But, I do like to mix my own herbal teas with bulk ingredients.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Early grey with milk or peppermint. At the moment, I'm drinking a blend with peppermint and fennel.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i call it early grey too, my fav, strong and spicy : ) my nana used to put milk in her tea, I never got that

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jemez View Post
    I don’t drink tea for caffeine - need stronger stuff than that. But, I do like to mix my own herbal teas with bulk ingredients.
    Two cups of black tea is equal to one cup of coffee is my rule of thumb. I don't like drinking water so I don't mind drinking two cups of tea instead of one cup of coffee at all. It also gets you l-theanine so you don't get coffee jitters. Green tea, on the other hand, I can just drink and fall asleep (if I don't consume any stronger source of caffeine.)

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like tea
    these are some flavors I tried recently and liked:
    Earl Grey
    peach brulee black tea
    green mango peach (green tea)
    jasmine green
    orange jasmine
    sencha
    african solstice herbal
    apricot amaretto
    blueberry merlot
    strawberry apple

---
    I heavily dislike white tea.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drink all sorts of tea flavors. I have a small collection of various fruity and floral teas.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ginger + honey + lemon/lime = Probably my favorite if I feel a cold coming on and I don't want it to go deeper in my respiratory tract. Seems to knock it right out. Also- really helped me when I had Hell Bronchitis really badly that lasted for like 7 months.

Mint tea = I tried a store bought version of this and it was horrendous. Worst tea I ever had I think. I think it was called Mint Melody or something? It just tasted disgusting- like somebody brushed their teeth with cheap toothpaste and then spit it up and I had to drink it. Yuuuuck.

Chamomile Tea = One of my classic favorites. Mild flavor and it just helps calm me down. Good if I'm too stressed or anxious.

Green Tea = Pretty good. Kind of basic bitch and Karen-y haha but I like it.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I drink peppermint, sweet and spicy, and chamomile with vanilla and honey in it these days. No caffeine for me

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kratom tea is great, especially the green strain because it induces euphoria. Too bad it's expensive. I have a lot of powder that I mix with OJ. It helps with the taste and the citric acid makes the effects more potent.

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some teas are better than others - like most fruity ones, dislike mint - and i keep some favourites stashed for mysterious future occasions but usually just get cheap black tea bags since i drink it all day and mostly just like consuming vast quantities of hot bitter water but dislike coffee. kind of enjoy the idea of being a fancy tea person one day, maybe when really old will get deep into it and foster highfalutin attitude about dried leaves and their preparation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I understand by facts that telepathy exists. At now I experiment with future guessing.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

came for a pert activist message...Not the tea I imagined.

I have a ginger green tea with probiotics in it. i suspect it's weird and probably thus just right for me.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Kratom tea is great, especially the green strain because it induces euphoria. Too bad it's expensive. I have a lot of powder that I mix with OJ. It helps with the taste and the citric acid makes the effects more potent.
    It's also addictive, hard to quit, and has caused many deaths. It's more of a drug than a tea.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    It's also addictive, hard to quit, and has caused many deaths. It's more of a drug than a tea.

I tried some green Kratom tea recently. The stuff tastes terrible and made me feel slightly sick. I threw it out. Absolute junk.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Whenever I visit Britain I'd like to have my 17.00 GMT tea without tea. Thank you very much.

(Our national caffeine source is coffee. I quit coffee when I was 3 years old and never looked back.)
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast