Thread: Self-obsessed groupie INTjs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Self-obsessed groupie INTjs

Ever count up the number of INTj (MBTI INTP) forums there are on the web? They even have their own website at www.intp.org! Then check out how many useless topics about INTjs exist on the Alpha Quadra forum. And the ENFps who are obsessed with them!

What gives, eh?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

Default Re: Self-obsessed groupie INTjs

Um, I agree, but I think this is just a majority/minority problem...

It's not only for the premise there's no naturally good/evil character, but in fact they're not all INTP/INTj, I guess.

Look at some MBTI or Keirsey INTP pages, so brilliant names!
    Though I can't visualize many of personalities counted as ISTP, I know these INTPs' names and their incomparable works. No wonder many kids couldn't resist the allurement to identify themself with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...
    There's got to be a function-related reason for it.
    ...or not.

I hope this doesn't turn into an INTj-bashing thread; INTj-criticizing is okay, though within reason.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Hey close the door! Can't you see I'm mentally masturbating in here?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Ever count up the number of INTj (MBTI INTP) forums there are on the web?
    I dont understand this association everyone makes. MBTI users dont study functions, for cripes sake. They simply study the four scale acronym, thats all they study, why would they think twice about their functions, since it is not seen by MBTI experts as a condition for determining type? There is no reason to conclude that most MBTI INTPs are actually INTJs.

Ive said this numerous times though noone seems to hear me out, perhaps Im missing something but if I am just tell me what, Goddam it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    I dont understand this association everyone makes. MBTI users dont study functions, for cripes sake. They simply study the four scale acronym, thats all they study, why would they think twice about their functions, since it is not seen by MBTI experts as a condition for determining type? There is no reason to conclude that most MBTI INTPs are actually INTJs.

Ive said this numerous times though noone seems to hear me out, perhaps Im missing something but if I am just tell me what, Goddam it!
    Thank you!
    I meant to mention that in my post. I totally agree.

Also, it's not our fault ENFps want us :wink: (well, actually it's the male INTjs). Cone's point about the Alpha forum threads still holds, though, I guess.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Quote Originally Posted by James (female INTJ)
    Hey close the door! Can't you see I'm mentally masturbating in here?
    Uh, sorry

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, those interested in MBTI DO study functions using the functional model and functional analysis, however the model is far different than the socionic one; I believe it is the identical to the one Jung championed, if I remember correctly, if he "championed" one at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio

Cheerio, you are %100 right. You don't always reverse the last letter for MBTI introverts. I don't know why people try to convert MBTI into socionics. MBTI is just poor at determining type, that's it. They also don't understand functions and subtypes. I could go on about why I don't like MBTI, but I'll stop here.

BTW, they have a webite for MBTI INTJ, too: http://www.intj.org/

I saw they talked about Jung's type on that site, and my opinion is that he is, believe it or not, an ISTJ.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Default an ill effect of INTj-ism has already done its job...

There is no reason to conclude that most MBTI INTPs are actually INTJs.
    You don't always reverse the last letter for MBTI introverts.
    I wish the topic below had more "every type is welcomed" name

oldforumlinkviewtopic-626.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Creepy-

dfgdf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Actually, those interested in MBTI DO study functions using the functional model and functional analysis, however the model is far different than the socionic one; I believe it is the identical to the one Jung championed, if I remember correctly, if he "championed" one at all.
    No, the first two functions in Jung's 'system' are the same as in the socionics system. I think there may have been a difference in the way he organized the weaker functions, but I dont think so.

And Im glad to see the voice of reason from my former post has found its resonance on this thread. :wink:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"And Im glad to see the voice of reason from my former post has found its resonance on this thread. Wink"

His model was:

Dominant:
    Secondary:
    Tertiary:
    Inferior:

He didn't even list the other four functions, as far as I'm aware of, although I'm uncertain if that model could even be attributed to him.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah that was his model, like MBTI except MBTI switched around the JP apsect. Jung's introverted intuitive with auxillary Feeling became a rational type.