Hybrid View

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What does S-ego-ness feel like?

Along the lines of @xerxe ‘s thread, I’m curious what high S feels like to S-egos. Do you feel like you’re more aware of surroundings than intuitive types? Do you appreciate the finer things in life? Do you disdain intuitives? Are you Rambo?

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

haha. Yeah, I kinda feel aware of my surroundings. Especially when playing sports I feel like I can get away with a few moves. And I'm good at sports. Sometimes I notice things others do not, sometimes even watching people to see if they notice something, but they don't, and it weirds me out. I have fast reflexes. Sometimes I do not pay attention to my surroundings, but I can afford to do that because I react quickly. Then also saying this as an artist, my surroundings can also change in appearance, kind of like hallucinating, or just in my imagination it changes to appear the way I want it to, and everything is ideal or the opposite like a bomb just hit the area. Or when I'm angry, everything around me melts away. I notice when things are moved from a position it normally is. When I first enter a room, I notice a whole bunch of shit at once with all my senses and it can be overwhelming. I'm good at art and cooking, and using my hands, very dexterous, and practical, and efficient. I like the finer things in life, but I can do without them. And I really appreciate intuitives.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Se notice the best physical details, material objects. They also want to control directly those objects and territory, according to Se.
    Even in romance and sex they act in this style - the most aggressive and stubborn, passionate in geting someone, jealous to having him as "own".
    Own body is an object for control kind of too. They have not valued Si, so may load own bodies higher.
    Meanwhile they have valued Ni. They easier may trust in "good outcome". Trust + physical self-control -> good will to go to some aim, they go directly.
    Weak nonvalued Ne makes them a little paranoid and suspicious to people. They feel the most pain if become disappointed by someone. Meanwhile they tend to overesteemate and underesteemate people and themselves, as to understand nuances is not what they like.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkcanary View Post
    haha. Yeah, I kinda feel aware of my surroundings. Especially when playing sports I feel like I can get away with a few moves. And I'm good at sports. Sometimes I notice things others do not, sometimes even watching people to see if they notice something, but they don't, and it weirds me out. I have fast reflexes. Sometimes I do not pay attention to my surroundings, but I can afford to do that because I react quickly. Then also saying this as an artist, my surroundings can also change in appearance, kind of like hallucinating, or just in my imagination it changes to appear the way I want it to, and everything is ideal or the opposite like a bomb just hit the area. Or when I'm angry, everything around me melts away. I notice when things are moved from a position it normally is. When I first enter a room, I notice a whole bunch of shit at once with all my senses and it can be overwhelming. I'm good at art and cooking, and using my hands, very dexterous, and practical, and efficient. I like the finer things in life, but I can do without them. And I really appreciate intuitives.
    Same post could have been written by a SLI.

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddup View Post
    Same post could have been written by a SLI.
    You're kinda annoying.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're kinda annoying.
    Why?

Because its the same thing a SLI would write?

How is this annoying., think before you speak.

edit: because they are also S types...duh. not that you are SLI. Assumptions sure are fun, eh.
    Last edited by waddup; 07-20-2019 at 01:29 AM.

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why?

Because its the same thing a SLI would write?

How is this annoying., think before you speak.

edit: because they are also S types...duh. not that you are SLI. Assumptions sure are fun, eh.
    Maybe you are high.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

While I have been the designated driver I tend to prefer to listen what the sensing drunks say about my surroundings. Makes me feel safer than just trusting my own senses.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mi presentación

Hola, es un placer estar por este foro de discusión. En nuestros dÃ*as es difÃ*cil localizar sitios de calidad, y este es uno de ellos.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its less about what they do do and more about what they don’t do. They don’t intellectualize or meta aware inside their heads. As in thought bubbles and thought clouds. Yes they still think, just not as voraciously as non-S types. Life inside the consciousness stream, better yet, life outside of the consciousness stream.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Its less about what they do do and more about what they don’t do. They don’t intellectualize or meta aware inside their heads. As in thought bubbles and thought clouds. Yes they still think, just not as voraciously as non-S types. Life inside the consciousness stream, better yet, life outside of the consciousness stream.
    Are you high?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    Are you high?
    No not at all. What I said must have been super confusing and went over your head. Feeling some SLI vibes from you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No not at all. What I said must have been super confusing and went over your head. Feeling some SLI vibes from you.
    Easily some of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on this site. Very impressive.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easily some of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on this site. Very impressive.
    Okay so you are also a sensor type then.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes im rambo

TIM
    Gamma SF. E2 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se you're well aware of territory, boundaries & size. ^^^^ we are rambo

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wth of a letter was that

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Along the lines of @xerxe ‘s thread, I’m curious what high S feels like to S-egos.
    it feels like tired feet, sleepiness, heat headache and more.

Do you feel like you’re more aware of surroundings than intuitive types?
    I don't think Si types are more aware than Ne leads about external world. But I'm more aware of my physical state and body processes and functions. I'm more up to take care of surroundings than intuitives and probably its easier and I'm better at it (like they can be quite impractical or clumsy).

Do you appreciate the finer things in life?
    not sure what do you mean.

Do you disdain intuitives?
    Sometimes. Especially in daily life (at home or work) when they are egoistical, self centered, impractical, wasteful, lazy and inconsiderate. And even more if they have pretty shitty attitude. Like when they think I should treat them as if they were 14 (and they are +40) so I should act like their mom and/or maid, or when they are in victim mentality or depressive state sinking on self pity or self indulgence (for years).

Are you Rambo?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smoking and other bad habits are simply an attempt to feel more present in the moment, which is a function of sensing. Even though it is in a ultimately destructive way. This is why you get sensors who smoke. The human animal has found all kinds of ways of bypassing its normal operating systems and using outside influences to alter its inner chemistry. People are just really smart and also really instinctual beings with access to technology and chemistry from the environment. As unhealthy as smoking is it has a pay off and that pay off was built into your biology, in fact that biology is you. It is a mutli edged dagger as with its benefits it brings harm, yet the balance of which shows meta-analysis maturity, other IEs, and is therefore a discordant attempt to feel something which means its a form of mental dis-order: that which causes distress. Not good, not bad, just is.

It could be argued everything that what we did as a species got us to this point, including smoking tobacco.

How many sailors relied on a midnight smoke to make it through their watch? ——> this is a meta thought.

The more primitive, sensing awareness of my mind was feeling the floor beneath my feet and my bum in my chair and the sound of the air conditioner, all playing first and foremost while I write this post. The same goes for each person reading it. Sensing in both varieties is always base line for every human. What I am saying is absolutely, fundamentally and undeniably correct.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s probably exactly what you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Along the lines of @xerxe ‘s thread, I’m curious what high S feels like to S-egos.
    Do you feel like you’re more aware of surroundings than intuitive types?
    Not always, but generally. Yes.
    Do you appreciate the finer things in life?
    Do you as an intuitive type not appreciate material things?

I think all types appreciate both material and immaterial things. However, I tend to prioritize that a certain standard for material comfort or resources is reached first.

Do you disdain intuitives?
    No. Like some other sensors or ‘S egos’ (is that our AA-approved term now?), I used to identify as one.

Are you Rambo?
    Sometimes I do feel like that, as an Se leading type. Other times, I feel ironically gentle and disconnected. Jung implied the DS function has the second strongest influence on a person’s psyche.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    It’s probably exactly what you think it is.
    Incomprehensibly mysterious?! Totally alien?! As wonderful and terrifying as the face of God?!

Do you as an intuitive type not appreciate material things?
    It’s simple logic: if sensors are better-attuned to physical reality, than intuitives, as their opposites, must be ascetic and entirely unconcerned with physical reality. QED.

I think all types appreciate both material and immaterial things. However, I tend to prioritize that a certain standard for material comfort or resources is reached first.
    Reached before what?

No. Like some other sensors or ‘S egos’ (is that our AA-approved term now?), I used to identify as one.
    Sorry; as an intuitive I’m physiologically incapable of coming up with simple and descriptive terms like “sensor.” That’s why intuitives need sensors, and the harmony of the Socion is made manifest. Sen-sors. What a beautifully succinct word!

Sometimes I do feel like that, as an Se leading type. Other times, I feel ironically gentle and disconnected. Jung implied the DS function has the second strongest influence on a person’s psyche.
    Se seems at odds with gentleness to you? I ask because I tend to feel that Se’s equation with aggression or whatever is a mischaracterization, so I’m curious if an Se ego feels otherwise.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 07-21-2019 at 05:12 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This question is very abstract. S ego can mean Si or Se, and base or creative

Being S base feels alot different than just S creative, and Si/Se feels alot different also. Better to narrow it down
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FreelancePoliceman Reached before immaterial satisfaction

I don’t think it’s a mischaracterization but maybe tends to focus on exaggerated manifestations of aggressive Se. Jung implies there is balance in the psyche. So there is definitely more conscious focus on force and power stuff but there’s also the opposite still present there too. Only the presence of black and white simultaneously makes them each able to exist blah blah.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly I feel like my sociotype is the only one that has its Maslow’s pyramid the right side up.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've been thinking I should up the dose on my fatigue meds and an IEI pointed out that I must have energy cuz in 3 days I accomplished what it would take him 2 weeks to do. But it's not because it actually needed to be done right away or that Im a better person. Its just that getting out and doing shit is where I find my life juice so to speak. Doing his reading and writing and intellectual pursuits wouldn't fill me up the same way even though there's value in it.

I don't notice being especially aware of my surroundings except with my IEE friend who tasks me with locating where she parked her car lol. And I'm not especially into the finer things in life, I think, though some ppl seem ok with squalor, so maybe a tad comparatively?

I also typed intuitive at first. Y'all are the shit .

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In any case - there is an impenetrable wall to the world that only Se base types can breach. I always feel 'closed off', like i'm stuck behind some cosmic membrane that refuses to let me see things for what they really are... The real world i only stick my toes in to gain materials for my own creations. I just feel really subjective.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    In any case - there is an impenetrable wall to the world that only Se base types can breach. I always feel 'closed off', like i'm stuck behind some cosmic membrane that refuses to let me see things for what they really are... The real world i only stick my toes in to gain materials for my own creations. I just feel really subjective.
    Any type can breach the wall. You need to just do it.

Aside from that, our own consciousness is the only thing we will ever actually experience. Everybody is subjective even while trying to be objective.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from that, our own consciousness is the only thing we will ever actually experience. Everybody is subjective even while trying to be objective.
    That one step is, to some (including me), a chasm of infinite proportions. Some people experience the problem of not realizing that the chasm is in seeing a chasm - the terror of subjectiveness. As you said, who can reach beyond subjectivity? I'm certainly guilty of making this distinction! (aren't we all, considering the nature of this site?)

''Who is so tall as to ascend to heaven? Who is so broad as to encompass the entire world?''

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just smoke pot and go lay in a sunlit park with a cool breeze and bring a big snack and picknick.

That's Si. Its not complicated.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. Not true. Communion with another (lover - partner) and sometimes everyone is a thing_> The one consciousness.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nope. Not true. Communion with another (lover - partner) and sometimes everyone is a thing_> The one consciousness.
    Communion with another doesn't meld your consciousnesses together. There is no one shared conscious, we only have instincts which are "shared," you aren't able to go into another person's head and experience everything they experience from their point of view as themselves, which is how I am using the definition of the word currently.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Communion with another doesn't meld your consciousnesses together. There is no one shared conscious, we only have instincts which are "shared," you aren't able to go into another person's head and experience everything they experience from their point of view as themselves, which is how I am using the definition of the word currently.
    Okay. So still not awake yet. Gotcha. ; )

Kidding aside. You are right. For the relative exp, its all separate. Which is how most people view themselves. For good reason. I found the One as a teen and it fucked me up and I’m okay with being the closed off, but not closed, selfhood.

Its all convoluted. I’d welcome a convo about if you are not some pompous 19 scientist about it.

Question: besides the content of your minds eye (exp sensation thoughts memories history habit) what is really the difference between my consciousness and your consciousness? Baring some brain injury.

If they are not different, and they are not if u strip away all the verbs, then couldn’t it be said that they are the same thing?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Any type can breach the wall.
    Not just can, but regularly do.
    Types differ in ways to deal with the world, influence on it, "breach the wall" to it. There are no weaker or stronger types, from general view.
    It's typology's very basics.

I suppose the most significant and illusionary wall is from para's introvertion. He partly misses what he does and this looks for him as the lack of his own significance or strenght.
    EII have no influence? they influence on emotions and ideas. while base Se deal with material objects directly, being under influence of those emotions and ideas. any type does own part, equal one

> Everybody is subjective even while trying to be objective.

it's a thought too. hence, it's undefined is a thought objective or not
    there is also a degree of objectivity, what is more important than the absense of absolute thoughts. this degree is evaluated by the abbility of a thought to be agreed by others. objectivity can be seen on practice. experiment itself is the main way to understand an objectivity

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILU @waddup