Thread: Sociotypes and glasses

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sociotypes and glasses

I only know maybe two SEEs who wear glasses, while on the other hand they seem to be a constant with LIIs.

Are certain types more predisposed to eyesight problems?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's doubtful there are direct links between body/health traits and Jung types

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Although there's an equal distribution of poor eyesight over all types, there's likely certain types who would be less inclined to advertise that they have a weakness. As well, there are certain types that are more likely to undergo risky surgeries to correct perceived defects.........

a.k.a. I/O

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think certain hobbies might help you to cross the border. Mild myopia is quite common and if you can acquire bit more and glasses are needed. How your eye muscles work is not so simple after all. Sometimes you need to get paralyzing drops to get objective results regarding your eye's actual shape.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I can remember, I've never seen a SEE with poor eyesight, even those working in office/desk jobs. On the other hand, the common stereotype for LIIs in movies seems to be exactly the opposite.

I think it would be interesting doing a poll asking people to state their type and whether they wear glasses/contact lenses.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d say certain types might be ok with wearing glasses than other types, but I seriously doubt how good your eye sight is is type related.

I like wearing contacts because I feel like I can see better with them. Glasses make me feel tired. Taking them off and putting on my contacts in the morning is part of my wake up routine, so if I don’t put on my contacts, I feel tired. It’s probably psychological as it’s part of my routine, putting on my contacts is signaling time to wake up.

Glasses can also send a message to how others perceive you.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short-sightedness typically starts out with eye strain from doing close work. It's like having a tight muscle that needs a chance to stretch and relax. Close up work tightens up the ciliary muscles, distance looking helps relax the ciliary muscles. Some people have an easier time relaxing their eyes than others. But that's how short-sightedness typically starts. It progresses, however, when the person wears prescription lenses. Prescription lenses basically say to the eyes that this level of strain/tightness is now the new 'normal'...the new 'relaxed'. The person (usually a child) is told to wear the glasses all the time, for everything...including for close up work. Which does what? Makes the ciliary muscles tighten up even more. And if there's no habit of allowing the eyes to relax via distance looking, then the eyes tighten further, and thus a new, heavier prescription is given. And so on goes the cycle for short sightedness glasses wearers. What started out as merely ciliary strain has turned into progressively worsening glasses induced myopia.

Astigmatism is typically caused by imbalanced tightened extraoccular muscles. This can occur from head tilts while reading. It can also occur from just reading too much without sufficient time relaxing the eye muscles. For example, when reading or doing close work, the eyes move in toward the nose and down. This leads to astigmatisms that are \ /, but usually more horizontal if the person is a reader. Readers usually keep their heads still while reading, and the eyes move left to right. But they move both their eyes and head when they look up and down. This locks their upper and lower extraoccular muscles into a certain tightened position. Other people (typically non-readers) might have a hobby/occupation that leads them to move their eyes up and down while keeping the head still (such as for typing/pc work) but turn their heads with their eyes for left/right looking. And this leads to a more vertical astigmatism.

Far-sightedness is usually a case of genetics and/or aging (in which the ciliary muscles are weakened and are having a difficult time tightening up). Even people with severe myopia may eventually have difficulty seeing close up using their normal myopic prescriptions. Far-sightedness can also be caused by all four extraoccular muscles tightening down, and thus distorting the eyeball's shape.

Glasses also cause visual distortion, flattening the depth and reducing the sense of 3D-ness. Which is a major reason why contact wearers prefer contacts. However, a glasses wearing person can slow their myopia by removing their glasses when doing close up work (or switching to less strong glasses), myopic contact wearers should wear readers when doing close work.

----
    How does this relate to type? It doesn't.
    For myopia, there's a variety of close-up work that can cause the ciliary strain. Anything from reading non-fiction, to reading fiction, to doing fine-work crafts, to writing on paper. Some people have to do extensive close-work for their jobs, others for their hobbies, others for both.
    And for Astigmatism there's a variety of ways it can occur, as well.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I knew a girl SEE who wear glasses. I don't think its type related, and its often inherited (there are more than 40 genes linked to myopia or something like that).