Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: What's My Type (Challenge)

  1. #1
    Investigator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Earth
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's My Type (Challenge)

    Hi, I am new to this forum.

    I wanted to experience the level of skill other forum members have in typing firsthand. So here are the rules, you provide your own unique selection of questions and I will promptly answer them in whatever fashion/style you want me to. You then take this info and well, type me.

    I will reveal my type when the debate has reached it climax. Otherwise I will question/critic your process. It will help me have a better understanding of my fellow forum members' thought processes.

    I am very interested to see what conclusions you guys come up with and most importantly have fun.

    One of the Only Exceptions: I will not present an irl picture of myself for VI analysis. Instead you may ask about body features and attributes.

    I will answer all appropriate questions honestly.


    P.S: I accidentally posted my type in my introduction (now removed). So if you saw my type, don't tell people what type I am then reveal that you saw it. Maybe, you even disagree with my own typing. In that case rebute as you see fit (that will make things interesting), just wait until I reveal my own typing first.

  2. #2
    Anglas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lithuania
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Posts
    1,436
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    how big is your butt

  3. #3
    Kill4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Posts
    2,317
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Investigator View Post
    Hi, I am new to this forum.

    I wanted to experience the level of skill other forum members have in typing firsthand. So here are the rules, you provide your own unique selection of questions and I will promptly answer them in whatever fashion/style you want me to. You then take this info and well, type me.

    I will reveal my type when the debate has reached it climax. Otherwise I will question/critic your process. It will help me have a better understanding of my fellow forum members' thought processes.

    I am very interested to see what conclusions you guys come up with and most importantly have fun.

    One of the Only Exceptions: I will not present an irl picture of myself for VI analysis. Instead you may ask about body features and attributes.

    I will answer all appropriate questions honestly.


    P.S: I accidentally posted my type in my introduction (now removed). So if you saw my type, don't tell people what type I am then reveal that you saw it. Maybe, you even disagree with my own typing. In that case rebute as you see fit (that will make things interesting), just wait until I reveal my own typing first.
    But you suck at typing. Thus, there is no guarantee that you have accurately typed yourself. So the game is flawed.

  4. #4
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,734
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, I don’t think I will.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

    Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

    LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

  5. #5
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logical supermacy torturing So(u)ls
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    4,461
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I have 10 fingers and remove 5 fingers and add 10 fingers how many fingers you are going to have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.


    Due to Fi PoLR do not send PM's, please. 50/50 likelihood to get a reply if I'm going to even read your messages. Let's keep things public.

  6. #6
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Preemptive cycle
    Posts
    918
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Post left thumb pls for VI
    When the heavens above did not exist,
    And earth beneath had not come into being —
    There was Apsû, the first in order, their begetter,
    And demiurge Tia-mat, who gave birth to them all;
    They had mingled their waters together
    Before meadow-land had coalesced and reed-bed was to he found —
    When not one of the gods had been formed
    Or had come into being, when no destinies had been decreed,
    The gods were created within them:

  7. #7
    Investigator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Earth
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    But you suck at typing. Thus, there is no guarantee that you have accurately typed yourself. So the game is flawed.
    There is a basic assumption that I suck at typing. If I do, then I have no problem learning from argumentation. If you read my entire post, you would realize this. So go ahead and type me anyways with your “go-to” list of questions for typing.

    Sorry if my post made me come off as arrogant, that was never my intention.

  8. #8
    Investigator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Earth
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist 007 View Post
    If I have 10 fingers and remove 5 fingers and add 10 fingers how many fingers you are going to have?
    Your sentence does not reveal whose fingers are getting removed/added nor what it means to “add/remove” fingers (counting/subtracting or actually attaching/cutting off fingers).

    I guess if no one thinks this is fun nor an opportunity to practice their typing skills, I will post my type in a few hours to recieve criticism.
    I actually forecasted this as the likely course of events(haha). Just hoped it would not come true.

  9. #9
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Preemptive cycle
    Posts
    918
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Who would have guessed that an internet forum would lack constructive posts?
    When the heavens above did not exist,
    And earth beneath had not come into being —
    There was Apsû, the first in order, their begetter,
    And demiurge Tia-mat, who gave birth to them all;
    They had mingled their waters together
    Before meadow-land had coalesced and reed-bed was to he found —
    When not one of the gods had been formed
    Or had come into being, when no destinies had been decreed,
    The gods were created within them:

  10. #10
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logical supermacy torturing So(u)ls
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    4,461
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Investigator View Post
    Your sentence does not reveal whose fingers are getting removed/added nor what it means to “add/remove” fingers (counting/subtracting or actually attaching/cutting off fingers).
    Just what I suspected. ILI could be the type as the progression moves from basic action critique towards a conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.


    Due to Fi PoLR do not send PM's, please. 50/50 likelihood to get a reply if I'm going to even read your messages. Let's keep things public.

  11. #11
    Investigator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Earth
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist 007 View Post
    Just what I suspected. ILI could be the type as the progression moves from basic action critique towards a conclusion.
    I always feel like ILE's are trolling, but they "almost" never let me down. Thanks for your analysis. If you don't mind me asking, is this analysis related to Gulenko's work on Process vs Result (or rather involutionary vs evolutionary) types.

  12. #12
    Investigator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Earth
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Nihilist 007 your typing is the same as my own. I do type as an ILI. For people who think "inert vs contact" subtypes exist like myself, I type more specifically as an ILI-Te.

  13. #13
    rougerogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    243
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    No, I don’t think I will.
    Include the meme, honey. The aliens won't get the reference otherwise. cover4.jpg

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,539
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    > One of the Only Exceptions: I will not present an irl picture of myself for VI analysis. Instead you may ask about body features and attributes.

    normal VI uses not your "body features and attributes", but intuitive impressions from your nonverbal behavior

    as you know the theory - anything what you may say about yourself mb filtered to the side of the type which you think yourself or other types
    so the typing without VI is significantly lesser useful than could
    by your random talking on the forum it's possibly to assume your type too. but your answers specially for typing give not so much

    it's the most reasonable answer which you may get
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  15. #15
    Investigator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Earth
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    > One of the Only Exceptions: I will not present an irl picture of myself for VI analysis. Instead you may ask about body features and attributes.

    normal VI uses not your "body features and attributes", but intuitive impressions from your nonverbal behavior

    as you know the theory - anything what you may say about yourself mb filtered to the side of the type which you think yourself or other types
    so the typing without VI is significantly lesser useful than could
    by your random talking on the forum it's possibly to assume your type too. but your answers specially for typing give not so much

    it's the most reasonable answer which you may get
    Nonverbal behavior is a much better description of VI, my apologies.

    Yes, confirmation bias is one the greatest enemies of these types of theories. The hope is that no matter what amount of pretending you do, your subconscious behavior will still surface (I guess people use VI to notice this behavior). That aside, I have seen VI give massive amount of problems to practitioners. Reason being, people can't look pass "typing experience bias." An example with a bit of exaggeration would be typing someone displaying extreme levels of stoicism/lack of emotion as being an ISTp, when it might just be a depressed ENFj (or a normal one; I am not saying all ENFj's are always full of emotion).

    Nevertheless, there are useful aspects of VI and many other types of questioning. That is why I left the questioning structure up to you guys, in hope that I would find a method that could cleverly get pass my own subconscious pretending (we all have this to a degree) and hopefully learn something new. At the same time I can gauge the level of skill on this forum. That is why I really liked Nihilist's post so much, it made me treat it like a genuine troll which made me produce a useful response.

    So if you have any clever questions for me to answer in an attempt for me to unwittingly reveal my type, feel free post them.
    Last edited by Investigator; 07-17-2019 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Missing "a" before "useful response"

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,539
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Investigator View Post
    The hope is that no matter what amount of pretending you do, your subconscious behavior will still surface
    Much easier is to change common behavior than nonverbal related to types, - how people behave or what to say during typings. Also unlike with words gotten from books, people do not know what to play in nonverbal.

    So without video your experiment is rather useless. As 1) nonverbal is common and important material during typings, 2) nonverbal is the main material for offline typings, especially on typology forums.

    for typing is needed your video or IRL interview
    the rest is not serious
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  17. #17
    consistencyofenergy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    TIM
    iei
    Posts
    3,718
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    The narcissism is high

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •