Thread: Introduction (Very Creative)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Introduction (Very Creative)

Totally did not copy recommended topics to talk about from the pinned thread.
    Hobbies: Coming up with and "implementing" my own theories on Mathematics, Psychology, Philosophy, etc.
    Interests: Interests and Hobbies are too correlated. If interests are supposed to have a more "serious" undertone, I guess: Computer Science, Math and Finance.
    Favorite Books: The Bible (the truth is beautiful), countless Mathematical Textbooks (haha), Critique of Pure Reason (Unnecessarily a hard read though).
    Favorite Movies: Any Marvel Movie.
    quotes: "warriors go to war hungry"-Unknown to myself, "good things happen to those who wait"-Heinz Ketchup(haha),
    "
    For if anyone is a hearer of the word/truth and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing." - James 1 23-25
    What Brought me here: The ability to talk about the underlying theory behind socionics and the theories that will be begotten by the "information processing" theory with people who are also interested in it (lazy writing I know).
    Personal Stories: My stories aren't very good out of context. Maybe when the time comes, "all will be revealed."

Edit: Removed type.

Thanks for reading through all this information even though I'm not famous.
    Last edited by Investigator; 07-15-2019 at 08:09 AM. Reason: removed type

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why implementing in quotes? Do you draw on other's ideas or traditions in coming up with your own theories? What are examples? What do you like about Marvel movies? What is the significance of your avatar to you?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Favorite Books: ... countless Mathematical Textbooks (haha)...
    Hello,

Could you tell me your favorite ones ?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    Hello,

Could you tell me your favorite ones ?
    Anything Rudin

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manno View Post
    Why implementing in quotes? Do you draw on other's ideas or traditions in coming up with your own theories? What are examples? What do you like about Marvel movies? What is the significance of your avatar to you?
    I good example of “implementing” my theories would utilization of my extrapolated thoughts on socionics to predict people’s behaviour and actions. From the actions of my friends (to their annoyance), to the reaction of major political figures to major events.

In terms of drawing from others’ ideas, I would say I do this a lot. There are theories purely of my own design, but most of these are theories of philosophy. Many of my theories are building upon others’ ideas and I would say building a good/practical theory fom the ground up would be very difficult. Sometimes people’s ideas are messy even though I may agree with big picture. So I just clean them up (this makes up a minority of my theories). Not sure what you mean by traditions.

What I like about marvel movies is the universe as a whole. I love to see intertwining storylines and witnessing how the dynamics play out as the characters’ personalities and powers come together.

My avatar happens to be my favourite fictional character. Watching the show it almost felt like my own consciousness was put into the story through this character. From his decisions and conclusions to the way he interacted with the other characters. I respect the avatar’s predecessor, but I feel like he wasn’t forceful (in the same way I am) and he was too inquisitive. I believe his inquisitions were not bounded by pragmatism (like my avatar’s), but rather enhanced by whimsical curiosity. These traits are what I think got him killed; they delayed progress in the most crucial of times. In summary, the significance is my avatar seems to resemble myself a lot.
    Last edited by Investigator; 09-03-2019 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Simple Correction