Thread: What's my subtype?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's my subtype?

Hello. I have decided to split hairs.What subtype of EII would you say I am? I have thought NE, but occasionally, when coming across @Froody Blue Gem's posts, i wonder whether i'm wrong. I could of course be smack in the middle of either Fi or Ne. Thank you.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If EII is your correct typing, and I’m not sure it is, I’d guess Fi.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    If EII is your correct typing, and I’m not sure it is, I’d guess Fi.
    well, i had a type me thread where I invited people to contribute. However, I thank you for your suggestion and its speedy delivery.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    well, i had a type me thread where I invited people to contribute. However, I thank you for your suggestion and its speedy delivery.
    I thought you said in that thread that you had decided firmly on a typing, so I didn’t think trying to change your mind would be fruitful. I might be misremembering though. If you like, I can post there to try to convince you.

Of course I might be wrong though anyway.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I thought you said in that thread that you had decided firmly on a typing, so I didn’t think trying to change your mind would be fruitful. I might be misremembering though. If you like, I can post there to try to convince you.

Of course I might be wrong though anyway.
    Hello FP, and thanks again; i have had a couple of different threads. Maybe i said somewhat differing things in each, i'm sorry that i don't recall all the details. I don't mean to have you hold back on your opinion, please write away here if you will. I'm just worried that it is all turning to be all about me in all these different threads, lol.

Here's a very brief blurb on me, in case it is helpful. I tried to be very honest in writing it:
    My cultural background is a bit mixed, by which i mean it is not monolithic - maybe this throws people off and makes it hard to reconcile with a type stereotype? I have frequently sought the underdog or the underground or the excellent in my youth (less so now, i prefer my own company). I greatly enjoyed studying economics for a period of time, and did exceptionally well in it, but that was not a career/professional final choice as i deflected to disciplines closer to humanities and the arts. I have sought long term relationship and have never had an interest in the fleeting, relationship-wise. My closest friends growing up were LXE, IEE, SLI, and later ESI & EIE. At present LIE and LII (imo). I have enjoyed playing tennis, and swimming, though have not usually been too keen on group sports. I have not excelled at any sports, opting instead for some degree of sportsmanship as a principle. I paid very close attention to my mother's (RIP) illness when i was close to her (later i moved). I often advise people i care about on their lifestyle as i am worried about their health, but that doesn't mean im an expert at it.

I fear i started to ramble, so i'll cut this out for now.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Subtype in terms of ego block is not clearly defined and varies in different sources. Just read the descriptions and decide yourself .
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d say maybe Fi or no subtype. What do you get on that socoitypes extended test, out of curiousity?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure in EII? Also, i don't think @Froody Blue Gem is EII, tbh. Doesn't seem like program Fi type.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Are you sure in EII? Also, i don't think @Froody Blue Gem is EII, tbh. Doesn't seem like program Fi type.
    Hi, EII is the best fitting type, and intertype relations fit too. There might be other non-socionics factors that 'color me' as a person, so to speak. What did you have in mind?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, EII is the best fitting type, and intertype relations fit too. There might be other non-socionics factors that 'color me' as a person, so to speak. What did you have in mind?
    Have you considered ESI? You don't remind me of Ne ego types, theoretically or ''anecdotally''. I do think that Fi lead fits well, though. Some have suggested other IXFX types, but i don't see much Fe.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Have you considered ESI? You don't remind me of Ne ego types, theoretically or ''anecdotally''. I do think that Fi lead fits well, though. Some have suggested other IXFX types, but i don't see much Fe.
    I did consider ESI, but it doesn't fit. I have benefit relation with ILI i know (feels like a one-way communication), rather than activity.

Further, I don't have quasi-relation with SEIs imo, I feel a bit parentified around them, but don't feel quasi features. I think Ne is a bit hard to come across online, but you can for instance notice that although i am set on a type i am open (NE) to listening to people's opinions. My approach IRL is quite soft as well, not SE-pushy. For example, I work with a combo of irrational extroverts and Se-ego people and feel quite uncomfortable in how expansive they are towards my space/area of of work/interests.

Lastly, the most criticisms i get at work are Fe related, whereby i am being often advised on how to best improve my 'image'/presentation (my Ti/Fe boss thinks this is key to success) and i pay lip service to that type of thing, Fe is just completely redundant to me. Imo

ETA: Another thing about ESI is this idea of them being capable of holding grudges and/or punishing others. I don't really do that, i feel like i have no energy for that. It has only been in severe examples that i have decided to move on away from certain people, but never in a revengeful way, more like 'here i split ways with you' and that's when i focus on my own wellbeing/look into moving forward.
    Last edited by Delilah; 07-13-2019 at 05:38 AM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lastly, the most criticisms i get at work are Fe related, whereby i am being often advised on how to best improve my 'image'/presentation (my Ti/Fe boss thinks this is key to success) and i pay lip service to that type of thing, Fe is just completely redundant to me. Imo
    I think this is quite largely Se thing. I have seen it taken to this sort of extreme: No matter what the content is the most important thing is your confident performance.
    I think it completely defeats the idea itself.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I always thought that EII- Fi was a great fit for you, dearest Delilah.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what you said in this thread maybe Normalizing subtype. I wouldnt expect an D-EII to get critisism on how to improve image/perfermance for example. They can be quite bold in that area. You also seem patient, willing to consider details.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IMO, I think you are Fi-EII @Delilah. That is why you and others have considered ESI before, but I don't think is your creative and is your PoLR, but rather the other way around.
    Last edited by Raver; 07-14-2019 at 03:15 AM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    pigeon English
    *pidgin

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi, what do you think would be an Fe 'image' critique then? The things i am criticized about are not exactly performance related (unless this is a semantics problem, i personally wouldn't call this a 'performance' criticism.) For instance, i have been told that i jokingly make fun of myself and that i shouldn't as it conveys the wrong idea about me to people i have to do business with. That type of thing is what i meant. I had thought it was a Fe sort of critique. Perhaps i was wrong?
    It is kind of funny how strongly performing people can sometimes be quite unassuming about the simple quality of their own personal output. Anyway, for many people having great presence means great image like LIE's usually look sold by it.

Conversing with the crowd seems more natural to me. It is probably quite beta to perform own agenda and have didactic influence instead of of being questioning (which is alpha way whereas deltas are quite tuned in practical personal dimension of the content).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Subtype shows imbalance in information processing. During normal, benign interactions, types should spend equal amounts of time taking in input and producing output. When EIIs find themselves rationalizing much more than listening meaning they ignore or miss larger portions of what others are saying, then they're likely Fi-subtypes (note that all Ijs and Eps will miss input segments to widely varying degrees). I'm very Ti-subtype so even when I deliberately try to engage input, I can't seem to do it for very long except when I'm under threat - it's like trying to break a bad habit.

Only when one spends less than a third of one's time (rather than half) on either input or output, then they can lay claim to a subtype; otherwise, one is splitting hairs. Regardless, subtype doesn't alter the way that information is ultimately processed so perceptions and decision processes between the subtypes don't vary by much, if at all. If one is going to subdivide type then there should be three divisions - one being the relatively balanced centre.

a.k.a. I/O