Thread: Conflict between Extroverted-Introverted side of functions.

Threaded View

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Conflict between Extroverted-Introverted side of functions.

Last night I couldn't sleep because I was trying to figure out how focusing on some IEs extensively has worked for me in the past (before I knew Socionics and what IEs are).
    So I selected some "mental hacks" that I have used extensively during different stages of my life to achieve different results for different situations.
    I realized that there wasn't a single one that I could apply to all aspects of my life (That should be obvious btw)
    So here are some of them and how I think it conflicts with the antithetical approach for each case.
    PS: Notice that if you switch function X so that Xi >> Xe becomes Xe >> Xi and vice-versa, you get the opposite result that came from the first approach.

Be sincere - Fi. Too much of it causes loss of emotional sensitivity (Fi>>Fe).

Be funny - Fe. Too much of it causes loss of morality and authenticity (Fe>>Fi).

Do the most important things first - Te. Too much of it causes loss of logical structure (Te>>Ti) in work

Innovate - Ne. Too much of it causes loss of meaning/purpose (Ne>>Ni).

Keep record - Si. Too much of it causes loss of intellectual production (Si>>Se). conquering new information vs maintaining information.

Study it until it gets obvious - Ti. Too much of it causes loss of efficiency (Ti>>Te).

Become a better [person] - Te. Too much of it causes loss of internal consistency (Te>>Ti)

Use Route learning - Se. Too much of it causes discomfort (Se>>Si) and mental fatigue.

Take breaks - Si. Too much of it causes too much comfort (Si>>Se) and loss of endurance.

Change subject to keep things interesting - Ne. Too much of it causes loss of purpose (Ne>>Ni)

My conclusion is that I can improve the efficacy of my results by adjusting how much "extroverted or introverted" I need to be depending on the environment.
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 07-10-2019 at 12:37 PM.