Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 377

Thread: The Rise of Far Left Extremism

  1. #1
    Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,932
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default The Rise of Far Left Extremism

    I think I should make note that I am not talking about the average center leftist or even so called far leftists like Bernie Sanders and his proponents that advocate for social democratic policies (incorrectly labelled as democratic socialism) such as universal health care, free college, raising the minimum age to $15, etc... I am talking about a small percentage of the Left that are often labelled SJWs that have begun to inadvertently cause damage to our individual freedoms in their pursuit of what they believe is right. In the hyper pursuit of equality for minorities and the oppressed that sounds good in theory, but in practice infringes upon the rights of everyone indirectly. Like the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

    As we lose the ability to have free speech, the definition of what hate speech is begins to have a broader meaning over time. This results in people becoming afraid to say certain things in certain environments. It also results in censorship of what we can say on social media as tech giants like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram further police what we can or cannot say online. In addition to having the threat of our jobs lost because we said something online that was offensive. This ultimately results in a more of authoritarian society over time under the guise of helping others. I am all for civil rights and protecting minorities, but not when it hinders on our ability to freely converse with others without fear of repercussions.

    I am well aware that far right extremist groups exist and are beginning to rise largely as a reaction to Liberal social policies like mass immigration and the Liberal media bias for major news media (minus Fox news). Unfortunately, the threat of the far left extremists is often ignored by authority figures and the media because it is sometimes seen positive or neutral in general compared to the far right extremists like neo-nazis that get scorned for beliefs that they obviously deserve. However, many benign center-right conservatives, libertarians, centrists and even some center leftists are labelled as far right by the extreme far left for simply having some or many standard center right conservative views that don't fit the social narrative.

    Here are a few examples of just a small fraction of the damage that the far left extremists have done:

    Far left extremists try to get a center left progressive professor fired from their college and they succeeded by forcing him to resign:



    Fast forward to incident: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf5fAiXYr08&t=8m10s

    Far left vape shop owner has a meltdown on a conservative Trump supporter merely for wearing a MAGA hat:



    Far left caller tries to convince a center left progressive YouTube commentator that racism against white people is impossible:



    Conservative reporter Andy Ngo gets physically assaulted by ANTIFA members resulting in a brain hemorrhage for simply trying to tell a story:



    It's clear that these people are the other side of the coin in extremism compared to far right extremists. They are basically the left-wing version of neo-nazis, but they are often ignored or even praised by some that are unaware of how much damage these people are causing to other people and our society inadvertently. Not enough attention is brought to these people and the damage they are causing. We need to be able to call a spade a spade. ANTIFA members are basically terrorists that justify physical violence on innocent people under the guise of fighting fascism. They are far left extremist idenitarians that are campaigning to slowly erode our personal freedoms over time unknowingly under the guise of fighting hate speech.
    Last edited by Raver; 07-10-2019 at 04:49 PM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,096
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The problem with the far left is that its ideologies are called moderate by the media and they usually get away with it without most people noticing at all. Far left ideologies are just what the bright state wants to put in place next. The bright state is colleges and media that are bought by the government, which no one realizes are what the "deep state" correlates to because they're blinded by the light. The way it gets away with it is that the bright state has a near-monopoly on public discourse, and if an idea is arrived at via public discourse, even if it's strongly guided public discourse, it's painted as moderate, because hey, it's somewhere in-between the two ideas that you just heard people argue for. Long live "extremists" who aren't actually racists or anything else heinous!

  3. #3
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Interior of a T-34
    Posts
    2,464
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    MGS2 covered this back in 2001:




  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    MGS2 covered this back in 2001:



    !


    that was a great game. The gameplay experience was ...… solid

  5. #5
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    474
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Raver You don't pass for "white" and damn sure not in the "anglo"/"nordic" sense (like I do, even though I'm also "mixed"); "left wing extremists" like ANTIFA fight so that your new world mongrel ass doesn't get strung up by a tree somewhere or have your head bashed in just because you look like you belong to some Central American caravan. Say thank you and STFU. Enough with these retarded, intellectually dishonest false equivalencies. There's no way in hell one can honestly equate Antifa with the likes of far right extremists like Neo-Nazis. Those types of groups seek to eradicate and divide diverse societies (that created people like me and you), victimizing marginalized populations and calling for state-sanctioned discrimination. Antifa protects those marginalized populations and was borne from a desire to stop state-sanctioned discrimination. PERIOD.

  6. #6
    mfckrz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Enough with these retarded, intellectually dishonest false equivalencies. There's no way in hell one can honestly equate Antifa with the likes of far right extremists like Neo-Nazis. Those types of groups seek to eradicate and divide diverse societies (that created people like me and you), victimizing marginalized populations and calling for state-sanctioned discrimination.
    Drawing equivalence with Nazis is indeed retarded. When they should be calling them Communists instead.

    Antifa protects those marginalized populations and was borne from a desire to stop state-sanctioned discrimination. PERIOD.
    Naive. It's a bunch of sadistic nihilists seeking a pretext to break things (and people).

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,520
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Left wing identity politics certainly is a problem.

    The whole isssue as to why the media won't denounce it is because complex explanations don't work in a soundbyte. "Fascism is bad, ANTIFA is against fascism, therefore saying they are bad makes you a fascist". Seek reaction, get ratings, rinse and repeat. Not that I don't believe they could do better, because they certainly could, but the fact is they don't.


  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,520
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    @Raver You don't pass for "white" and damn sure not in the "anglo"/"nordic" sense (like I do, even though I'm also "mixed"); "left wing extremists" like ANTIFA fight so that your new world mongrel ass doesn't get strung up by a tree somewhere or have your head bashed in just because you look like you belong to some Central American caravan. Say thank you and STFU. Enough with these retarded, intellectually dishonest false equivalencies. There's no way in hell one can honestly equate Antifa with the likes of far right extremists like Neo-Nazis. Those types of groups seek to eradicate and divide diverse societies (that created people like me and you), victimizing marginalized populations and calling for state-sanctioned discrimination. Antifa protects those marginalized populations and was borne from a desire to stop state-sanctioned discrimination. PERIOD.
    Are you serious?

    Every terrorist group, mafia, and gang out there claims to fight for some "oppressed" group, does that make them legitimate? The ends don't justify the means in these cases. (not any of the methods employed by such groups works anyways)


  9. #9
    Carolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    TIM
    EIE 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    734
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Neither Antifa nor the "alt-right" are/were extremists. Put any of them in a situation in which they'd be expected to die for their cause and they'd show how spineless they are. Just sad excuses for human beings symptomatic of a dying nation.

  10. #10
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    @Raver You don't pass for "white" and damn sure not in the "anglo"/"nordic" sense (like I do, even though I'm also "mixed"); "left wing extremists" like ANTIFA fight so that your new world mongrel ass doesn't get strung up by a tree somewhere or have your head bashed in just because you look like you belong to some Central American caravan. Say thank you and STFU. Enough with these retarded, intellectually dishonest false equivalencies. There's no way in hell one can honestly equate Antifa with the likes of far right extremists like Neo-Nazis. Those types of groups seek to eradicate and divide diverse societies (that created people like me and you), victimizing marginalized populations and calling for state-sanctioned discrimination. Antifa protects those marginalized populations and was borne from a desire to stop state-sanctioned discrimination. PERIOD.
    this has to be a shitpost.
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

  11. #11
    mfckrz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Leftism is better understood not as an ideology, but as a protocol for attaining power in the era of mass politics.

    There are a few 'leftists' from a now bygone era who might be sincere in denouncing what they see as 'extremism', but they're merely useful idiots who haven't kept pace. Or they're just manipulating you by feigning to be a voice of reason.

  12. #12

    Default

    left/right wing activism is a privileged child's game. Mind you, I'm not saying they don't have some legitimate concerns, but at the end of the day they're mostly a bunch of privileged millennial white kids from upper middle class backgrounds playing dress-up. The biggest difference is where they direct their contempt--the lefties inward because they're self-hating WASPs, whilst the righties direct it outward at brown people.

    Must be nice to be a trust-fund baby.

  13. #13
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As it has been stated numerous times by Bezmenov “[T]he useful idiots, the leftists who are idealistically believing in the beauty of the Soviet socialist or Communist or whatever system, when they get disillusioned, they become the worst enemies. That’s why my KGB instructors specifically made the point: never bother with leftists. Forget about these political prostitutes. Aim higher. [...] They serve a purpose only at the stage of destabilization of a nation. For example, your leftists in the United States: all these professors and all these beautiful civil rights defenders. They are instrumental in the process of the subversion only to destabilize a nation. When their job is completed, they are not needed any more. They know too much. Some of them, when they get disillusioned, when they see that Marxist-Leninists come to power—obviously they get offended—they think that they will come to power. That will never happen, of course. They will be lined up against the wall and shot.” are nothing but a tool for cultural subversion.
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

  14. #14

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Who are the "left-wing extremists"? Eco-terrorists? Revolutionary communists?

    Right-wing killings eclipsed all other extremist-related murders in 2018. The numbers don’t lie.
    In 2018, at Least 50 US Deaths From Surging Right-Wing Extremist Attacks
    Right-Wing Extremism Linked to Every 2018 Extremist Murder in the U.S., ADL Finds

    - 17 people killed in Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh
    - In 2018, domestic extremists killed at least 50 people in the U.S
    - In 2017, 37 people were killed
    - In 2016, 72. In 2015, 70.
    - The majority of the murders were committed by white supremacists, with a smaller number perpetrated by anti-government extremists and extreme misogynists who identify as "involuntary celibates" or incels.
    - Only one of the 50 murders had any connection to Islamist extremism — and even then the perpetrator had ties to white supremacy.

    - 51 people killed in New Zealand Christchurch Mosque shootings
    - A white supremacist at a Veterans Affairs home in Tennessee allegedly set his African-American roommate on fire, then boasted about it to a white supremacist group.
    - Another Pittsburgh white supremacist was charged with stabbing an African-American man to death


    The right-wing extremists have actually been killing dozens of people in-discriminatory via mass-shootings, etc, while the "left-wing extremists" are calling people racists on YouTube. And we're supposed to care about left-wing extremists more because they're more dangerous. Right.

    If you still think that the problem is left-wing extremists, then either you're very naive or very disingenuous.

  15. #15
    fka lungs ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    14,036
    Mentioned
    762 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do have trouble seeing the threat of left wing extremism if anyone (like @Raver, who I think is decent and not a right wing nutjob) wants to explain how my own freedoms are threatened, I've historically seen the anti-SJW thing as a laughable internet phenomenon targeting college kids and other inconsequential people but now and again I see them getting someone fired and im like, ah ok. And I saw they attacked that journalist and he got a brain injury (which im obviously sensitive about) but I don't see mass shooters and real fuckin weirdos like on the right. (But my views, I guess, are biased towards right wing views being weird, I'll concede that..a lone shooter is objectively weirder than window smashing in a group tho, I think)

  16. #16
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    474
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mfckrz View Post
    Naive. It's a bunch of sadistic nihilists seeking a pretext to break things (and people).
    As an active member of ANTIFA for 4 years of my life, I can personally assure you that I directed any and all sadistic impulses towards those first directing their sadism at me and mine (and most usually based on nothing more than superficial differences like race/ethnicity/nationality/religion/etc...). Personally, I'd have been much more content to focus that intensity on my studies as opposed to kicking in skulls but I wasn't the one going around spray painting swastikas on dorm room doors, hanging nooses from trees, or jumping brown students with weird accents, thereby creating a mentally/spiritually/emotionally/physically untenable atmosphere for the most vulnerable--acts like that go beyond cutesy theoretical arguments concerning the "freedom of speech." I'm not saying that those things happened to me personally, but because I'm not a bitch ass, completely empathy impaired piece of shit skating through life on his own unearned privilege, I decided to be proactive (with my fists) against those trying to make life harder and more uncomfortable for others who only want to exist and live unimpeded. I regret nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Are you serious?

    Every terrorist group, mafia, and gang out there claims to fight for some "oppressed" group, does that make them legitimate? The ends don't justify the means in these cases. (not any of the methods employed by such groups works anyways)
    What one claims versus what actually is are two different things and I only care about the latter; regardless of how much right wing extremists claim to be "oppressed," the empirical data does not support this:

    In fact, 2018 saw the highest percentage (98%) of right-wing extremist-related killings since 2012, the last year when all documented killings were by right-wing extremists. Right-wing extremists also killed more people in 2018 than in any year since 1995. For comparison, only 62% of extremist killings in 2017 were committed by right-wing extremists, and only 21% in 2016.











    https://www.adl.org/murder-and-extre...cutive-summary

    All that and yet Raver's shucking and jiving ass wants to speak about the rise of "left wing terrorists." GTFOH. Like I said the first time, I have absolutely no patience for his intellectual dishonesty. For anyone with more than 3 fully functioning brain cells, it's more than obvious who and what entities comprise an ACTUAL threat.

    P.S. Are you from the former Soviet Union? It just seems that something gets to throbbing in your asshole whenever anything "communist"-adjacent is mentioned. Feel free to relax. ANTIFA operates within a different framework and context. They will never be the monsters responsible for the Soviet atrocities. The right wing MFers caging/molesting/starving/abusing/neglecting brown migrant children at the US Southern border, on the other hand....

  17. #17
    mfckrz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    As an active member of ANTIFA for 4 years of my life, I can personally assure you that I directed any and all sadistic impulses towards those first directing their sadism at me and mine (and most usually based on nothing more than superficial differences like race/ethnicity/nationality/religion/etc...). Personally, I'd have been much more content to focus that intensity on my studies as opposed to kicking in skulls but I wasn't the one going around spray painting swastikas on dorm room doors, hanging nooses from trees, or jumping brown students with weird accents, thereby creating a mentally/spiritually/emotionally/physically untenable atmosphere for the most vulnerable--acts like that go beyond cutesy theoretical arguments concerning the "freedom of speech." I'm not saying that those things happened to me personally, but because I'm not a bitch ass, completely empathy impaired piece of shit skating through life on his own unearned privilege, I decided to be proactive (with my fists) against those trying to make life harder and more uncomfortable for others who only want to exist and live unimpeded. I regret nothing.
    Holy shit you sound like a delusional freak

  18. #18
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    As an active member of ANTIFA for 4 years of my life

    i read enough.
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

  19. #19
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    474
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mfckrz View Post
    Holy shit you sound like a delusional freak
    lol This is rich coming from you. Have you seen your posts? Throwing stones while perched atop a fortress of brittle, frozen glass.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,520
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Alonzo this thread is about left-wing extremism.

    I'm not saying right-wing extremism isn't a problem either, but trying to draw attention from the former by emphasizing the latter is simply whataboutism.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism


    Also, I'm not saying right wing extremists are victims. I'm saying every group based on coercive force, whether it's Antifa, some right wing activists, Islamic terrorists, the Sicilian mafia, I could go on and on, is based on some notion of protecting some group which is supposedly oppressed. These groups may or may not actually be oppressed, that's not actually the point. The problem is that these groups are based on a "might is right" worldview, they end up causing harm not just to the people they stand up to but innocents as well. Not to mention the fact that pragmatically speaking, these groups either get nowhere in their efforts (ie Antifa) or end up causing more harm than the people they stand up to (Sicilian mafia).


  21. #21
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maizistan
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    @Alonzo this thread is about left-wing extremism.

    I'm not saying right-wing extremism isn't a problem either, but trying to draw attention from the former by emphasizing the latter is simply whataboutism.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
    I assume @Alonzo's point was to emphasize that this post is drawing attention away from a real problem by directing it to one that doesn't exist. @Raver is finding examples of petty-bourgeois liberals using somewhat underhanded methods against conservatives and calling this "far left" "extremism."

    In contrast, I am an actual far-left extremist. Ask me anything, folks.
    Gods and men name her Aphrodite...Cyprus-born, because she was born in wave-dashed Cyprus; and lover of smiles, because she emerged out of the genitals.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,520
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    .


  23. #23
    mfckrz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    lol This is rich coming from you. Have you seen your posts? Throwing stones while perched atop a fortress of brittle, frozen glass.
    I'm not the one conjuring up neurotic feverdreams about nefarious threats that don't exist in any meaningful capacity.

    But have fun fighting shadowpuppets as an unwitting dupe for global capital.

    Ever wonder why Antifa is seemingly always on the side of established corporate-political consensus? A kind of subverted detournement that's rendered all ostensible opposition to itself as yet another commodity. Maybe in a moment personal clarity you can ask yourself sometime if you're being used.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,520
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I assume @Alonzo's point was to emphasize that this post is drawing attention away from a real problem by directing it to one that doesn't exist. @Raver is finding examples of petty-bourgeois liberals using somewhat underhanded methods against conservatives and calling this "far left" "extremism."
    You know, I don't think there is one, single, "real problem" in society.

    There are many problems, and underlining one should not obscure the others.


  25. #25
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maizistan
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    You know, I don't think there is one, single, "real problem" in society.

    There are many problems, and underlining one should not obscure the others.
    And one of these problems would be people organizing in droves to protest global cooling.
    Gods and men name her Aphrodite...Cyprus-born, because she was born in wave-dashed Cyprus; and lover of smiles, because she emerged out of the genitals.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,520
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    And one of these problems would be people organizing in droves to protest global cooling.
    What the hell does that mean?


  27. #27
    mfckrz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    And one of these problems would be people organizing in droves to protest global cooling.
    People should stop organizing altogether. It doesn't help anything. Like, go lowkey help actual people in your community or something.

  28. #28
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,297
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    As it has been stated numerous times by Bezmenov “[T]he useful idiots, the leftists who are idealistically believing in the beauty of the Soviet socialist or Communist or whatever system, when they get disillusioned, they become the worst enemies. That’s why my KGB instructors specifically made the point: never bother with leftists. Forget about these political prostitutes. Aim higher. [...] They serve a purpose only at the stage of destabilization of a nation. For example, your leftists in the United States: all these professors and all these beautiful civil rights defenders. They are instrumental in the process of the subversion only to destabilize a nation. When their job is completed, they are not needed any more. They know too much. Some of them, when they get disillusioned, when they see that Marxist-Leninists come to power—obviously they get offended—they think that they will come to power. That will never happen, of course. They will be lined up against the wall and shot.” are nothing but a tool for cultural subversion.
    Assuming he wasn't just making up a load of BS for the right to say the left are just tools lol. Something similar happens in Shirer's Rise and Fall of the Third Reich where Nazism was talked of as a form of socialism, but Hitler had private meetings with corporate executives, and they did really good business during his reign in Germany.

    It's not a good idea to look at Bezmenov's statement uncritically. He could have just been a right wing guy himself.

  29. #29
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Assuming he wasn't just making up a load of BS for the right to say the left are just tools lol. Something similar happens in Shirer's Rise and Fall of the Third Reich where Nazism was talked of as a form of socialism, but Hitler had private meetings with corporate executives, and they did really good business during his reign in Germany.
    it certainly wasn't a made up thing because you see the exact manifestation of what he was talking about in today's society. He focused on defining how ideological subversion works dividing it into 4 stages (through process called brainwashing):
    The first stage is called "demoralization" which takes from 15 to 20 years to achieve. According to the former KGB agent, that is the minimum number of years it takes to re-educate one generation of students that is normally exposed to the ideology of its country. In other words, the time it takes to change what the people are thinking.
    Once demoralization is completed, the second stage of ideological brainwashing is "destabilization". During this two-to-five-year period what matters is the targeting of essential structural elements of a nation: economy, foreign relations, and defense systems. Basically, the subverter (any ruling ideology) would look to destabilize every one of those areas in the United States, considerably weakening it.
    The third stage would be "crisis". It would take only up to six weeks to send a country into crisis. The crisis would bring "a violent change of power, structure, and economy" and will be followed by the last stage, "normalization." That's when your country is basically taken over, living under a new ideology and reality.

    you decide at which stage we currently are.
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

  30. #30
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,297
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    it certainly wasn't a made up thing because you see the exact manifestation of what he was talking about in today's society. He focused on defining how ideological subversion works dividing it into 4 stages (through process called brainwashing):
    The first stage is called "demoralization" which takes from 15 to 20 years to achieve. According to the former KGB agent, that is the minimum number of years it takes to re-educate one generation of students that is normally exposed to the ideology of its country. In other words, the time it takes to change what the people are thinking.
    Once demoralization is completed, the second stage of ideological brainwashing is "destabilization". During this two-to-five-year period what matters is the targeting of essential structural elements of a nation: economy, foreign relations, and defense systems. Basically, the subverter (any ruling ideology) would look to destabilize every one of those areas in the United States, considerably weakening it.
    The third stage would be "crisis". It would take only up to six weeks to send a country into crisis. The crisis would bring "a violent change of power, structure, and economy" and will be followed by the last stage, "normalization." That's when your country is basically taken over, living under a new ideology and reality.

    you decide at which stage we currently are.
    That kind of thinking is extremely prone to apophenia. It's curious to think about but unreliable.

  31. #31
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,640
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    it certainly wasn't a made up thing because you see the exact manifestation of what he was talking about in today's society. He focused on defining how ideological subversion works dividing it into 4 stages (through process called brainwashing):
    The first stage is called "demoralization" which takes from 15 to 20 years to achieve. According to the former KGB agent, that is the minimum number of years it takes to re-educate one generation of students that is normally exposed to the ideology of its country. In other words, the time it takes to change what the people are thinking.
    Once demoralization is completed, the second stage of ideological brainwashing is "destabilization". During this two-to-five-year period what matters is the targeting of essential structural elements of a nation: economy, foreign relations, and defense systems. Basically, the subverter (any ruling ideology) would look to destabilize every one of those areas in the United States, considerably weakening it.
    The third stage would be "crisis". It would take only up to six weeks to send a country into crisis. The crisis would bring "a violent change of power, structure, and economy" and will be followed by the last stage, "normalization." That's when your country is basically taken over, living under a new ideology and reality.

    you decide at which stage we currently are.
    An interesting take on Revolution. I think it is sort of like having driving instructions for a spaceship when you actually have a sandbox.

    I don't believe that you can create a revolution in a country just by re-educating the youth. I've never seen any examples of this. Instead, my theory of revolution states that there are only two classes that matter. The class with political power and the class with money. When the two classes consist of the same people, no revolution. When the classes consist of different people, then there will be revolution.

    I could elaborate if you care to hear about it. Otherwise, I'm pretty busy right now and I hope your day goes well.

  32. #32
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    An interesting take on Revolution. I think it is sort of like having driving instructions for a spaceship when you actually have a sandbox.

    I don't believe that you can create a revolution in a country just by re-educating the youth. I've never seen any examples of this. Instead, my theory of revolution states that there are only two classes that matter. The class with political power and the class with money. When the two classes consist of the same people, no revolution. When the classes consist of different people, then there will be revolution.

    I could elaborate if you care to hear about it. Otherwise, I'm pretty busy right now and I hope your day goes well.
    you haven't seen them? well do a cross-sectional comparative study of educational systems 20 years ago and now. worst revolutions are the silent, subversive and gradual ones you're not even aware of.
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

  33. #33
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,640
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    you haven't seen them? well do a cross-sectional comparative study of educational systems 20 years ago and now. worst revolutions are the silent, subversive and gradual ones you're not even aware of.
    Lol. The ones I'm not even aware of. Like the one in the Sagittarius sector?

    You show me your revolutions and I'll show you mine.
    I studied revolutions for several years, when I wanted to overthrow the government of the US. I learned a lot in the process.

    Actually, I can't do this right now. I have to do some work. But, I'll be back later today.

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,096
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    Some of them, when they get disillusioned, when they see that Marxist-Leninists come to power—obviously they get offended—they think that they will come to power. That will never happen, of course. They will be lined up against the wall and shot.” are nothing but a tool for cultural subversion.
    The bright state isn't Marxist-Leninists though. Marxist-Leninists don't believe that there's no such thing as truth and that the blood-dimmed tide of madness should be loosed on the world because that's the ultimate form of the oppressed turning on their oppressors. Marxist-Leninists didn't turn gay pride month into some sort of religious holiday (I like gay people, but seriously?) This isn't the Soviet Union.

  35. #35
    Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,932
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    @Raver You don't pass for "white" and damn sure not in the "anglo"/"nordic" sense (like I do, even though I'm also "mixed"); "left wing extremists" like ANTIFA fight so that your new world mongrel ass doesn't get strung up by a tree somewhere or have your head bashed in just because you look like you belong to some Central American caravan. Say thank you and STFU. Enough with these retarded, intellectually dishonest false equivalencies. There's no way in hell one can honestly equate Antifa with the likes of far right extremists like Neo-Nazis. Those types of groups seek to eradicate and divide diverse societies (that created people like me and you), victimizing marginalized populations and calling for state-sanctioned discrimination. Antifa protects those marginalized populations and was borne from a desire to stop state-sanctioned discrimination. PERIOD.
    I am well aware that ANTIFA are not Leftist Neo-Nazis and that they are very different. They both represent polar opposite sides of the political scale. I am also well aware there are Neo-Nazis that would be hostile towards me because I am mixed race. However, I don't think ANTIFA is necessary to defend me from Neo-Nazis, that's what the police is for. Plus, with the way ANTIFA attacked a gay asian male reporter simply because he was Conservative has convinced me that protecting the downtrodden is not the goal of ANTIFA. The goal of ANTIFA is to attack anyone who disagrees with them.

    If I was in Andy Ngo's position, I would of got the same treatment simply for being a reporter in their territory or even worse because I appear white. You tend to get the bad aspects of both sides (white and non-white) from being mixed race. Anyways, I want to make it clear that I am not saying ANTIFA is as bad as Neo-Nazis in their actions. What I am saying is that ANTIFA should not be given a free pass on their behavior simply because they happen to occupy the left instead of the right on the political spectrum.

    Quote Originally Posted by mfckrz View Post
    Drawing equivalence with Nazis is indeed retarded. When they should be calling them Communists instead.
    I was just saying that ANTIFA are the opposite extreme of Neo-Nazis by occupying the left side extreme instead of the right side extreme rather than saying were literally Leftist Neo-Nazis. I agree that calling them Communists would be a far more fitting description though.

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I do have trouble seeing the threat of left wing extremism if anyone (like @Raver, who I think is decent and not a right wing nutjob) wants to explain how my own freedoms are threatened, I've historically seen the anti-SJW thing as a laughable internet phenomenon targeting college kids and other inconsequential people but now and again I see them getting someone fired and im like, ah ok. And I saw they attacked that journalist and he got a brain injury (which im obviously sensitive about) but I don't see mass shooters and real fuckin weirdos like on the right. (But my views, I guess, are biased towards right wing views being weird, I'll concede that..a lone shooter is objectively weirder than window smashing in a group tho, I think)
    I get your argument that the far right are more prone to causing injury and death than the far left. That is undeniable and I am not trying to draw a false equivalence that the far left is just as bad as the far right, but rather that they occupy the extreme of the left wing in the same way the far right occupies the extreme of the right wing. Anyways, the reason I brought up attention to the far left is because it is often ignored and passed off as insignificant. Everyone acknowledges there is a group of far right extremists, why not acknowledge that there is a group of far left extremists even if they cause less tangible damage instead of sweeping it under the rug?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    All that and yet Raver's shucking and jiving ass wants to speak about the rise of "left wing terrorists." GTFOH. Like I said the first time, I have absolutely no patience for his intellectual dishonesty. For anyone with more than 3 fully functioning brain cells, it's more than obvious who and what entities comprise an ACTUAL threat.

    P.S. Are you from the former Soviet Union? It just seems that something gets to throbbing in your asshole whenever anything "communist"-adjacent is mentioned. Feel free to relax. ANTIFA operates within a different framework and context. They will never be the monsters responsible for the Soviet atrocities. The right wing MFers caging/molesting/starving/abusing/neglecting brown migrant children at the US Southern border, on the other hand....
    I am not saying that the extreme right are saints and the extreme left are demons. Heck, I'm not even saying that the extreme right and extreme left are even comparable on the same level of violence and damage. All I am saying is that we should acknowledge that there are extremists on the left that may mean well in their actions, but cause indirect harm and that more attention should be brought to it, nothing more and nothing less. Two wrongs don't make a right, even if the second wrong causes less damage than the first.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I assume @Alonzo's point was to emphasize that this post is drawing attention away from a real problem by directing it to one that doesn't exist. @Raver is finding examples of petty-bourgeois liberals using somewhat underhanded methods against conservatives and calling this "far left" "extremism."

    In contrast, I am an actual far-left extremist. Ask me anything, folks.
    What are your thoughts on the attack on Andy Ngo that caused a cerebral hemorrhage? Did he deserve it? Why or why not?
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  36. #36
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Lol. The ones I'm not even aware of. Like the one in the Sagittarius sector?

    You show me your revolutions and I'll show you mine.
    I studied revolutions for several years, when I wanted to overthrow the government of the US. I learned a lot in the process.

    Actually, I can't do this right now. I have to do some work. But, I'll be back later today.
    i've instructed you what to do if you truly wish to study this topic in-depth and i have given you point of reference (the bezmenov study). i'm not interested in futile dialogue so this is where our discussion ends.
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

  37. #37
    mfckrz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    This isn't the Soviet Union.
    You're not wrong. It's shaping up to be something worse—insofar as the global implications of its anomie. At least the USSR's rot was largely contained within its own borders.

  38. #38
    miss BabyDoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    The bright state isn't Marxist-Leninists though. Marxist-Leninists don't believe that there's no such thing as truth and that the blood-dimmed tide of madness should be loosed on the world because that's the ultimate form of the oppressed turning on their oppressors. Marxist-Leninists didn't turn gay pride month into some sort of religious holiday (I like gay people, but seriously?) This isn't the Soviet Union.
    the point of the quote wasn't to take every single part of it literally but to understand how the principle of useful idiots works. you can easily swap Marxist -Leninist with any current leftist ideology (albeit i'd still go on and call it cultural marxism) and it would still make sense.
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,096
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I do have trouble seeing the threat of left wing extremism if anyone (like @Raver, who I think is decent and not a right wing nutjob) wants to explain how my own freedoms are threatened, I've historically seen the anti-SJW thing as a laughable internet phenomenon targeting college kids and other inconsequential people but now and again I see them getting someone fired and im like, ah ok. And I saw they attacked that journalist and he got a brain injury (which im obviously sensitive about) but I don't see mass shooters and real fuckin weirdos like on the right. (But my views, I guess, are biased towards right wing views being weird, I'll concede that..a lone shooter is objectively weirder than window smashing in a group tho, I think)
    The problem is it's being normalized. When Hitler had his brownshirts there was lots of window-smashing and no lone shooters, and it wasn't because brownshirts were just angsty teens with blue hair who listened to punk and wanted a group to break windows with.

    If I go to a college class and say something like "Shakespeare is great" someone will say I'm oppressing them and I should join them in replacing Shakespeare with some whiny radical feminist author who no one's ever heard of because their writing simply isn't very good. Having a common culture of some form matters a lot because without it we'll go to the Stone Age. People don't have to love Shakespeare and opera but replacing it with authors who aren't very good isn't a viable alternative.

  40. #40
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maizistan
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    What are your thoughts on the attack on Andy Ngo that caused a cerebral hemorrhage? Did he deserve it? Why or why not?
    I think it shouldn't have been done. I don't care that he was milkshaked, but it's obviously bad to physically attack people.

    Whether he deserved it is, I think, besides the point. Maybe he rapes puppies. Maybe Calvinists are right and we all deserve eternal suffering, and by beating Ngo up the protesters were executing divine judgment. But the fact is that I'm not very familiar with what sort of person he is, and even if I were, I wouldn't feel qualified to make any sort of normative judgment of this sort.
    Gods and men name her Aphrodite...Cyprus-born, because she was born in wave-dashed Cyprus; and lover of smiles, because she emerged out of the genitals.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •