Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 54 of 54

Thread: Fe-Valuing: Anyone Else Notice This?

  1. #41
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Were your parents low IQ siblings that Muay Thai kick boxed while smoking crack and meth in an asbestos laced tenement underneath active power lines and across the street from a polluted water source? Because Im desperately trying to account for how someone could be so outrageously stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    1) none calls them subdued, but wtv, just proving my point:
    The source you quoted calls them "subdued", you fucking moron >

    Subdued functions are the remaining four functions that oppose our preferences; as a result we try to limit the use of these functions. The mental-subdued (weak) functions are found in the Super-ego block (functions 3 and 4), and the vital-subdued (strong) functions are in the Id block (functions 7 and 8). Since these functions are what we suppress as much as we can, in situations where we must use them they tend to produce dissatisfaction and distress in ourselves. Subdued functions are sometimes called non-valued although some socionists prefer not to use this name.
    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    2) u bring up the subdued functions and don't even know what the term implies; if something is subdued something else is submitting it, basic logic 101.
    How the fuck do you get up in the morning without immediately collapsing? Because there's evidently next to nothing functioning properly in that empty shallow husk sitting atop your neck. This whole time I've been arguing about your inadequate and inaccurate word choice. How the fuck are you going to attempt to rewrite history when evidence to the contrary is only a few posts above? lol Amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Something you clearly don't know is that one's diction matters as far as being intelligible and properly understood. For example, when you say "no Se," it sounds as if you're invoking MBTI phraseology, and MBTI as a system comes with different concepts, theories and paradigms. Also, to say that Si "forbids" ESEs to "push people" is also problematic; to "forbid" means to make something/some action impossible and seeing as how theoretically there are 7 other functions that to some degree play a role in the psyche and how ESEs have 4D demonstrative Se (where 'the individual is able to be convincingly commanding, tough, challenging, or confrontational for brief periods of time without taking himself too seriously, as a sort of show or game'), obviously Se does actually play a part and serve some purpose, and so using the word "forbid" goes too far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    1.) lol Ummm, no. I know the difference between valued and subdued functions; but if you knew the difference between "forbid" and more appropriate words like subdue/limit/suppress, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Subdued functions are those that oppose our preferred functions and they are sometimes referred to as non-valued/unvalued functions; and so, again, you are wrong. And your usage of the word "forbid" was still inaccurate; Si limits Se's expression but in so much as ESEs are still capable of utilizing Se (and with 4D strength), then it can't be "forbidden"--clearly then, there is a Si "threshold" that can be surpassed, even if it's not a usual, customary or particularly comfortable occurrence.
    I'm not the one who is confused here.

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    Mr qualifier that can't get basic linguistic shades, Marep's post was contradicting what I said, reinforced by stating that the people I mentioned couldn't be SEE; you've then further made the same point when saying that ESEs can behave wtv way it fits the environment (wrong, because Si). so you either agreed on something which is false, or you're just making a fuss out of your own ass, as usual.
    =j"#&853ndukfn3729epli

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    your ignorance is really of no help, so either you change your attitude, or you can fuck the hell off.
    Or you could nose dive from the highest point on a bridge, hit the water, wildly flail about and deeply inhale as much as possible. You are a societal drain--less you, more oxygen for those who deserve it.

  2. #42
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    3,137
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post

    =j"#&853ndukfn3729epli
    translation: I have no points so look at me use my trite insults to win a discussion

    yeah, no need you repeat that, you're embarrassing yourself.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    As a moody person, I can either be annoyingly giggly over anything at all or depressed and deadpan. Both are me though.

    It's based on internal feeling rather than what is going on around me.
    ~Psychosophy LFEV
    ~Enneagram 594 sp/so
    ~Phlegmatic-Choleric

  4. #44
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    translation: I have no points so look at me use my trite insults to win a discussion

    yeah, no need you repeat that, you're embarrassing yourself.
    Nah, the appropriate translation: your ass must be jealous due to all that shit coming from your mouth. All you do is use words, regardless of their meaning, placement, and whether they make sense or not. You have the unmitigated gall to say that I don't get "linguistic shades" when that is precisely what I'm accurately accusing you of (see the evidence in the posts above). Just because you mindlessly attempt to flip my critiques back at me does not mean that you are successful or correct. It just means you're a desperate simpleton who'll resort to anything in order to put up a fight--to some degree I respect that but it also makes you look dumb AF in the process. But fine, I'll take apart your bullshit argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    Marep's post was contradicting what I said, reinforced by stating that the people I mentioned couldn't be SEE;
    WRONG. Marep was not contradicting you, because to contradict means to assert the opposite and that's not what he did--he only disagreed, which involves having a different opinion; and like I already said, he used the word "MORE," which means a greater amount or degree, but does not imply the impossibility that the people you spoke of as pushing you to laugh were in fact SEEs as opposed to ESEs. Again, I'm not the one who struggles with discerning and deciphering nuance and complexity. Evidently you can't grasp basic English diction and grammar.

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    you've then further made the same point when saying that ESEs can behave wtv way it fits the environment (wrong, because Si).
    Wrong. Allow me to quote myself, once more. FUCKING. READ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    ESEs have 4D demonstrative Se (where 'the individual is able to be convincingly commanding, tough, challenging, or confrontational for brief periods of time without taking himself too seriously, as a sort of show or game'), obviously Se does actually play a part and serve some purpose, and so using the word "forbid" goes too far.

    Lastly, in a lighthearted social situation where ESE briefly became a bit intense and confrontational, an LII would not be utterly put off because they'd more than likely be able to cognitively discern the "lack of seriousness" involved with an occasional, demonstrative "flair up" of a function that is usually not a recurring, important aspect of their duality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    2.) Nowhere did I say or imply that Se plays the same role in ESEs as it does in SEEs; I've actually gone out of my way to mention ESE's demonstrative Se usage, which usually occurs under niche, specific circumstances befitting its IE. I'm not the one here who doesn't know how to properly convey nuance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Si limits Se's expression but in so much as ESEs are still capable of utilizing Se (and with 4D strength), then it can't be "forbidden"--clearly then, there is a Si "threshold" that can be surpassed, even if it's not a usual, customary or particularly comfortable occurrence.
    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    so you either agreed on something which is false, or you're just making a fuss out of your own ass, as usual.
    lol Evidently, your brain can't simultaneously hold and reconcile two seemingly opposing (but aren't) thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    You still haven't grasped the notion of a qualifier, huh? Marep said that it sounds "MORE like what a ESE would do," and yes, I agreed with that. "More" ≠ "instead"; it's not a black or white, all or nothing term--it speaks to a gradient. I said nothing false or untrue > I do think that the behavior you mentioned is more typical of ESEs even though both ESEs and SEEs are capable of the behavior (i.e., "everyone is capable of everything"). Save your "ahas" for someone you can actually best.
    I have been logically consistent with all of my thoughts and assertions--the problem lies with you, dear. I will say, at the very least, you are providing a wonderful example for the inability of low D Te and Ti to properly metabolize a certain brand of information.

  5. #45
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    3,137
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    someone's itchy

  6. #46
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    someone's itchy
    Any married man that deals with you is left feeling "itchy" as they return home to their wives.

  7. #47
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    3,137
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    actually they tend to tattoo my name on their forearm and never stop calling me : )

    but by the amount of shit you spew, your asshole is not doing very well

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't know if I'm FE valuing or not, but this video had me crying....

    Women turns up to city council meeting and gives life story.

    I would be like the old guy behind trying not to laugh, but I'm not sure that I would have held out.....


  9. #49
    عالم نفسي thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    8,060
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marep View Post
    Sounds more like what an ESE would do, honestly.
    If they really are SEEs, then they would do the same with ESIs (which is a type I consider even more serious than EII).
    I agree that this sounds much more like an Fe valuer. Could be SLE or something, but SEE is less likely. They'd have trouble getting along with Fe-4 types if they did that.

  10. #50
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    3,137
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I agree that this sounds much more like an Fe valuer. Could be SLE or something, but SEE is less likely. They'd have trouble getting along with Fe-4 types if they did that.
    Fe-4 types? you mean ExE and xEE? or Fe-1 LxI and xLI? how does that make sense?

    and since when is Fe about imposition and personal rank?


  11. #51
    عالم نفسي thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    8,060
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    Fe-4 types? you mean ExE and xEE? or Fe-1 LxI and xLI? how does that make sense?

    and since when is Fe about imposition and personal rank?

    Fe in the 4th function, i.e. Fe vulnerable.

    Wanting someone to smile isn't about personal rank. However Fe can be "imposing" in the sense of trying to change someone's emotional state.

  12. #52
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    3,137
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Fe in the 4th function, i.e. Fe vulnerable.

    Wanting someone to smile isn't about personal rank. However Fe can be "imposing" in the sense of trying to change someone's emotional state.
    ok, gotcha

    well sure, wanting someone to smile is not necessarily about rank, I didn't specify that in my first comment, right, but I thought the tones were already revealing it "you could smile one in your lifetime!", an accusatory statement, used when someone doesn't laugh at your jokes, so not about participating in a Fe atmosphere, but rather, being let down by someone who should approve how cool you are.

    note that Ni are "victims", wtv you want to make of that wording, it implies a satisfaction in being submitted to someone else's will.

  13. #53
    عالم نفسي thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    8,060
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    ok, gotcha

    well sure, wanting someone to smile is not necessarily about rank, I didn't specify that in my first comment, right, but I thought the tones were already revealing it "you could smile one in your lifetime!", an accusatory statement, used when someone doesn't laugh at your jokes, so not about participating in a Fe atmosphere, but rather, being let down by someone who should approve how cool you are.
    Wanting a positive reaction is Fe. That reaction is what would create the positive atmosphere.

  14. #54

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,660
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can be really witty/fun-loving but also too serious and I have my moments of soul crushing grimdarkiness. It's.... complicated.

    Other people say I'm either too depressing/un-fun don't smile enough or the flipside, I'm not angsty str8 man ish enough for them and I won't masturbate with them while watching Game of Thrones. I realize that I just can't win and make other people happy with this. You will either like my unique levels of joy and sadness or you won't. /shrug.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •