Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Smoking

Do you smoke and how often?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes. a pouch of roll your own tobacco every 3-4 days (maybe half a smoke every half hour to hour, or a full smoke every couple hours at work). i like smoking: the ritual of rolling/doing something with my fingers, the feel of smoke and the little muting of feelings nicotine gives, maybe unconsiously a bit of micro-dosing suicide, also the chance to get away from people and be alone outside to "go have a smoke" but still have that muted socializing nod of smokers together in what's left of where you can smoke.

idk, i know i should stop but... i really don't want to and never really have.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate it so much. Won’t even smoke weed because the feeling reminds me of tobacco. Don’t understand how anyone can stand the idea of smoke going into their lungs and blackening them and giving them cancer and causing breathing problems and eugh the thought gives me shivers. It’s like voluntarily torture, but not even in a direct way; even if you’re a masochist you’d feel no pleasure. And if you’re suicidal there are plenty of cheaper, less painful, and quicker ways to die.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just this weekend I smoked for the first time in 2 years. I was hanging out with a LII friend, we were sitting in a park, having some beers, then we went to a restaurant to eat. It was a nice summer evening and then we thought, now we just have to get a smoke.

It tastes good. I would smoke all the time if it wasnt unhealthy. I might start smoking again when Im really old and the relative harm to health is small.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

around 6/7 joints + 4/5 hand rolled cigs everyday, but quantity may vary depending on what i do at night...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

No, I used to smoke over a pack a day of Marlboro Menthol 100s for years but I accidentally quit when I was in a coma for over a month, yay, bonus. I'll miss the flavor, the feeling of smoke entering my mouth and lungs, and nicotine entering my system (even if I don't feel a strong need). I really enjoyed it. But I'll welcome having the fucking money in my bank account instead of throwing it at the tobacco store owner.

Not really crazy about weed. Every once in awhile I have a lucky trip around the block but mostly I overthink and convince myself that everyone secretly dislikes me.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, so good that you quit! @ashlesha

just to clarify, i smoke "fake weed", which was legalized last year over here, basically it has no thc and dosn't make you spacey and high, but has higher quantity of cbd, which is the relaxing component of ganja. i just smoke it for the flavour tbh because it's very high quality and the taste is super good compared to normal cigs, and tbh after a bit you get used to the cbd and it can make you a bit high..

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a Juul but I lost it and haven't bothered to replace it.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love smoking but quit years ago using meds.

I think nicotine is a very good substance for my brain chemistry as it calms and focuses me. I’ve thought about vaping but am wary about opening the door to nicotine again.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

i've only smoked a handful of times in my life and liked it but never became a smoker

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I smoked a lot of weed but gave it up as a waste of time. I smoked occasionally from age 17 to 32, and several times a day, every day, from age 19 to 25.

I smoked about ten cigarettes in my life, usually as a way to get alert enough to drink more beer. I didn’t make it a habit or become addicted to it. Of all the drugs I’ve tried, and I’ve tried a lot, I like nicotine the best. It made me more alert, like meth, while calming me down at the same time, like sedatives.

I can easily understand its appeal. It has been proven to make people ten percent more productive. It just kills you ten percent sooner. Lol. Nothing is free.

The things I didn’t like about it were its addictive properties, the fact that it takes, on average, seven years off your life, and the way it made my mouth taste like the bottom of a bird cage on the following day.

My parents smoked all the time when I was growing up. My SLI father quit when he was about 50 but my LSE mother never quit. My SLI ex-wife smoked when I met her but eventually quit on the seventh try. I had a good ILI friend who smoked continuously and he had zero endurance and the nicotine eventually killed him. My LSI ex-GF switched from cigarettes to vaping, which seemed like little or no improvement. I bought a used Mercedes from a cigar smoker and every surface inside that vehicle was sticky. All in all, smoking is a filthy habit.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-01-2019 at 12:08 PM.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve never tried tobacco. My mom used to smoke but she quit before I was born. She used to go on about how nasty it was and I think it deterred me/brainwashed from ever wanting to try it.

I did used to smoke pot (we call weed pot in these parts lol) from when I was about 16-22/23. I have some anxiety/ depression issues and it was a quick fix & self medicating. I think I also liked the thrill of doing something illegal at that age. But I outgrew it. I got to the point where I thought I needed to let it go. Then I discovered Adderall and then downers became my enemy. Then I thought I needed to give up the Adderall, so now coffee/caffeine is my only vice. I doubt I ever smoke again.

My dad & husband chew tobacco. It doesn’t bother me as much as smoking. Although I do worry they are going to give themselves oral cancer...
    Last edited by Aster; 07-01-2019 at 01:14 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smoking is awesome... I just don't because I feel like I'm aging faster and its clearly unhealthy at a pretty insidious level. Plus the craving is a slippery whirlpool and its hard to get out of, even though it creeps ups slowly. I tried to get really into it last year and once I started buying packs I decided to quit before I was ahead.

Out on the fire lines the guys, especially the young guys dip tobacco. It gives you a bit of a rush and its 'cool' out there. Lots of guys get into it for the Macho bravado factor. I had started dipping the summer prior off and on, so I knew the effects and appeal. Eventually I stopped doing that as well cause I saw it was staining my bottom teeth and several thousand dollars were spent on those bad boys so it felt like a waste of effort to ruin them. No other real healthy good way to consume nicotine in a job that requires heavy hiking and traversing ground with weight on your back. To much strain on the cardiovascular system, I don't know how the smokers do it. Not well I can tell you that much. I notice the 2 hour withdrawls and the wain in energy levels throughout the day in them. Can't deny though, a smoke break, morning, afternoon, evening, is a moral booster.

I see the appeal of tobacco. It simultaneously calms you and provides mental clarity. I've read nicotine turns on both sympathetic and parasympathetic systems at once, which is why people smoke to relax and to focus.

Overall I think all types smoke. Including Si types, actually they have it the worst because its such an internal trigger for pleasure. The truth is that the body hates it, you almost have to suffer through the smokes for the first several dozen times.

It is cool though, no matter what the Public Health services try and teach you. They are right about the health effects, but lighting up that smoke somewhere and blowing it in front of people makes you feel cool as fuck.

Its just waaay to hard on my health in to many directions and having a bad habitual practise is the reason I choose not to. By all means light up in front of me though and enjoy it for the both of us.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nope neva smoked

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I never got addicted to cigarettes. When I was 21, I wanted to try cigarettes with a friend and I had three cigarettes in one night and I decided to quit on the spot because I could tell it could become addictive and I never touched it since.

I used to smoke weed randomly (about once a week) from 18 to 23 and then I cut down to once a month and then I eventually down to a few times a year 5 years later and I have been smoking weed that often since.

I smoked cigarillos and cigars about once a month when I was 23 and I then eventually cut down to a few times a year 5 years later and I have been smoking cigarillos and cigars that often since.

I guess I have never truly got addicted to smoking anything and treated it like something to do once in a blue moon.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've seen the advanced health effects in family members from a young age. Two were on respirators, one had a heart attack which caused a heart problem they eventually died from, two died from COPD. Trailer trash. Not something you'll catch me doing.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried smoking, and although I didn't particularly mind it, in fact I may have liked it, I never felt a need to start doing it regularly. I only smoked weed once, but it just made me tired, I was unable to see the point of it, really. I come from one of those "trailer trash" families, I remember my mother would smoke one pack of cigarettes a day at least, and so would my sister. Perhaps the unhealthiness of it all combined with their other lifestyles is what's deterred me from their behaviours so much, including smoking.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had strong reactions to cigarette smoke since before I was even born. I really like watching insense burn though.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marlboro Gold

One pack / Two weeks

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I smoked for ~4 years, started with al capones (no idea how I sustained that), transitioned to rolling tobacco, then eventually settled down on camels. I loved it while it lasted, and have considered starting up with rolling tobacco again, but I don't want to fuck up my conditioning, and I know that it would just hook me. But yeah, every time I get a whiff of someone's cig it is like that, but ultimately I'm not 21 wandering anymore, so I think it's best to leave it be. And I quit cold turkey, but mostly because for whatever reason my body started rejecting it (and I had been quitting on and off for the preceding two weeks), and didn't have any cravings for the first 6 months or so after.

Weed I also discontinued because all it does is relax me for 15 minutes then make me more spacey and introverted than I already am, and I don't care enough about it to only smoke before bed etc. However, I'm not against it in the same way I am against nicotine, as I've seen its benefits, I've just moved on.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never smoked because I've never caught on fire. Doesn't sound like a pleasant experience.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not really. I don't smoke cuz my dad died from lung cancer, though he was born with bad lungs on top of that and the smoking all those years since he was 12 just put a nail in the coffin. But shitty lungs runs in my family so if I started to smoke, I'd probably get cancer. Well I'll most likely get cancer anyway lol but I try not to do things that are bad for me. Even If I will die anyway and its all just meaningless lol.

I don't do drugs either, cuz I saw how they almost destroyed my best friend. Ppl perceive me as an uncool worthless dork cuz of this sometimes but eh, I guess I'd rather be unloved but still alive.

I've tried weed before and didn't like it, it smells like a skunk's ass and is kinda overly str8 male douche like sorry. =/ I did it when I had a really bad cold tho and it just somehow made the cold worse. My sister told me I had a really bad strain and I should do it more, but it just kinda turned it off for me in general.

I'll try not to judge ppl for smoking/drinking if they don't judge me for not doing it. My uncle smokes but he's really nice about it and always asks if he can smoke around me. lol I don't care if he does it, I actually like the way his cigarettes smell cuz its all manly and hot and shit. (I love my uncle cuz he's heterosexual as can be yet ironically so damn homoerotic without realizing it, its so fun lol) I didn't like the kind my dad smoked though, so I think some brands cause cancer more than others maybe idk.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never smoked... and probably never will... I can't even imaging being in relationship with someone who smoke tobacco and no one of my family smokes or smoked.
    Because I perceive the smell of tabacco smoke as disgusting.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I might get quite strong inhaling issues just from being near someone who smokes. So never.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's not good for health so I do not.
    Also it's hard to stop after you've started, - I do not like that. People feel the regular need to get another cigaretes after a short time. They annoy by the smoke the others who do not smoke. Do significant spendings. A slavery with doubtful good use.
    It's a drug. Only lesser destructive than restricted already.

Also I do not drink alcohol often or much by the same reasons. I prefer this on celebrations which are 1 per 1-3 monthes, sometimes on weekends. Prefer to keep spirit in ~30-40 g per day. As I do no drink often, I prefer costy kinds alike better wines.

Never used drugs.

There are different not good dependencies which people have besides that.
    I like sweets, for example. So I need to force myself to limit them to keep the weight in norma. I remove any meal limitations on Sundays.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently I bought a pack for myself. Before that I just bummed off people at parties. The reason I bought it is precisely so I could stop being a moocher. I'd say on average I smoke like 3 cigarettes a month, lol. My mom is an active smoker, and my dad used to smoke when he was young but he just quit one day. I don't actually feel much of the nicotine rush so I suppose that's why I don't feel the need to smoke on the daily... But sometimes I just wanna.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer vaping when I can, but I smoke a couple cigs a day. Nothing too wild. I have quit with no issue before but I have picked it up again due to stress. I will never stop smoking weed though!
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will never smoke again due to bad sinus problems and a couple of sinus surgeries now, but I was smoking here and there earlier in the year. For a long time, many years, I only socially smoked, much like how Voider described, but after some serious shit went down, I found myself getting a pack for myself every blue moon. Not very frequently at all, but it happened. I was always cautious enough and infrequent enough with it that I never really got addicted to nicotine, but the act in itself is addicting and like with all substances, it can creep up on you and become more of a thing/problem, even much later in one's life. My job I ended earlier in the year which was very high stress, as well as had quite the smoking culture, kind of increased the habit for a bit as well, still infrequent, but more than before. I did do some vaping at one point, but that was hell on my sinuses. I kind of wanted a cigarette recently, but then I remembered I didn't want to have surgery again :/ Maybe a blessing in disguise?

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a friend who said that cigarettes are like carrying a bit of primal campfire at your fingertips and i agree with that. It's been a while since I've smoked but e-cigs don't give that feeling.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never smoked in my life, and I intend to keep it that way. It isn't that I'm afraid of dying--I believe I'm immortal. It's that I don't wish to deal with the ailments that would come from regularly sticking a cigarette in my mouth. Also, what's the point, really? I understand that it's an addiction for most people who do it, but beyond that rather shaky basis for the habit, I see no allure in it. I certainly could care less about experiencing a good taste or whatever.

TIM
    Cyberbird
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I believe I'm immortal.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think, as a population, we should all get lung cancer and die peacefully. <3
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    I think, as a population, we should all get lung cancer and die peacefully. <3

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If you're smoking, you're going too fast.

"Life is a cigarette. Cinder, ash and fire. Some smoke it in a hurry. Others savour it." - Manuel Machado

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried weed a few times when I first entered university (it was everywhere at my highschool, with my friends rolling joints while sitting beside me in class, but I didn’t want to get in trouble so I abstained), and 3 years after that, I was first offered a cigarette by someone I was into while out partying when I was working at 20. I got more curious and was in a country where they’re cheaper and better so I bought a pack or two, but then started to feel weird new heart palpitations while at work after just a week, so I stopped then.

I’ve had maybe 2 or 3 packs over the last 5 years since then. It’s bad for your skin and overall health and it costs money and it represents giving into temptation and addiction and thus disorder and problems, so no.

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never smoked or even consumed alcohol, but I've always found it to be attractive when someone smokes.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

nope waste of money. i smoke weed occasionally but only socially, just like alcohol and xtc

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    nope waste of money. i smoke weed occasionally but only socially, just like alcohol and xtc
    Do you enjoy smoking and/or drinking alone?

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    Recently I bought a pack for myself. Before that I just bummed off people at parties. The reason I bought it is precisely so I could stop being a moocher. I'd say on average I smoke like 3 cigarettes a month, lol. My mom is an active smoker, and my dad used to smoke when he was young but he just quit one day. I don't actually feel much of the nicotine rush so I suppose that's why I don't feel the need to smoke on the daily... But sometimes I just wanna.
    It fades quite quickly over time. I remember the first few weeks I picked up the habit. I pretty much got a kind of high out of each cig I smoked. After a bit, it became a literal habit. Started Jonesing for it if I dropped below 4-5 smokes a day. I was shocked and kinda grossed out when I learned that "smokers" went through 2-3 whole packs on average a day. Like when I learned that my former habit of drinking a few beers or shots a night was tame compared to those who downed entire fifths/handles a day. That's expensive as fuck dude! How the hell can you smoke/drink that much and still function on top of that?!

That and lack of funds. From a logical standpoint, if your resources take a hit, the first thing you sacrifice is your vices. If you do not or cannot, then you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you got a problem. And as we all know, admitting you have a problem is the first step towards fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    I don't have any experience with that last one. Thankfully I'd say, if those withdrawal symptoms are physiological.
    Last edited by End; 12-18-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast