46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fashion

Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My current fave is “I woke up like this. I give up. Take me I don’t care anymore.” kind of fashion. I achieve this by wearing oversized long shirts that look like a dress on me plus shorts and sandals. No makeup. I just make sure to maintain nails, put some jewelry I like and be really clean. I have a big attraction to cleanliness, my head has a small part that just keeps on saying “clean clean clean” all the time.

Previously I was into geometric styles, solid colors and fitted shirts. Closed shoes.

I’m starting to be into super shiny glittery nails these days.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never cared much about fashion until recently. I do like shirts with collars on them (like button-up shirts, polos, and all that) and I enjoy leaving two of the top buttons unbuttoned. People say I look good in shirts like that.

What confuses me is how people can just wear whatever color they want on clothing. Of course I don’t really care what other people do, but I can’t just wear any color and think I look good. I also don’t like clothing with super flashy or extravagant designs on them, yet some people wear that kinda clothing and get compliments. Like, is that what looks good?? I also don’t know what colors look good on me, if I’m being honest. I feel like I look good in dark blue, deep red, brown, purple/violet, and olive green, as well as black… But most people say I look good in any color. So I try wearing any color, but I swear I look super washed-out in colors like light blue and light green, and some shades of gray don’t do me any favors either.

I’m just really confused as to how fashion works. And of course I know I can just wear whatever I like, but I wanna look good with what I’m wearing, too! I want to look GOOD
    Last edited by kuno; 10-08-2023 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ALSO, I sometimes have people telling me I don’t know how to match or coordinate patterns and colors in clothing, but then I see them wearing clothing patterns and colors that I think look very strange together. So am I expected to follow their example? Or are they full of shit?? I don’t know, and I don’t want to think about it too much… But it perplexes me.

I also cannot fathom how people just know what kinds of clothing look good and how to match articles of clothing together without taking some kind of fashion class or reading guides about it. It seems to me most people just naturally know how to look good in what they wear, and I feel like I’m expected to be the same way (especially since I’m a gay man—there’s the stereotype of gay men having good fashion sense). But I just don’t know how to make my outfits look good (yes, I’ve taken advice and yes, I’ve taken guides) and at this point, I can’t think about it too much without losing my mind over it.
    Last edited by kuno; 10-08-2023 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

favorite thing to do is wear weird outfits in public. or dress in cosplay running daily errands. but most of the time it's an adam sandler fit

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m really into finding colors in my seasonal color palette right now. Aside from that, I mostly stick to more classic or classy styles tied and true. Black turtleneck is my fave but black isn’t in my palette. But idc, I like black.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I’ve been losing my shit all day on this thread, but today my dad and I went clothes-shopping, and as usual I was overthinking what to buy, but then my dad just easily found some clothes that he thought would suit me and put them in my cart, and so I just bought them without a second thought.

Now I’m at home, trying them on, and wow, these clothes really do look good on me!! I wish my dad could go clothes-shopping with me for the rest of my life :’)

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuno View Post
    I know I’ve been losing my shit all day on this thread, but today my dad and I went clothes-shopping, and as usual I was overthinking what to buy, but then my dad just easily found some clothes that he thought would suit me and put them in my cart, and so I just bought them without a second thought.

Now I’m at home, trying them on, and wow, these clothes really do look good on me!! I wish my dad could go clothes-shopping with me for the rest of my life :’)
    im glad it worked out for you!!

My ESE mom was like that

Do you know your dads type?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My style used to be... some what affordable minimalistic/old money... Majority of my clothes came from Zara Men Premium. I'm so bored of that aesthetic... I wanna do the vintage thing again. Problem is, second hand shops are selling trash these days here, so I'm just browsing online shops...

I've got so much shoe, I don't know what to do...

Seems like I have one metal outfit, I have a few minimalistic/old money outfits, and now I will probably have a few fake vintage/street style outfits.

I modelled my looks after Hank Moody a bit for some time, but I do not really feel like that's okay at all for me.

I don't know, I alwats loved fashion. I was that weird dude, who actually watches Fashion TV not only for the tiddies but also for the fancy outfits ...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    im glad it worked out for you!!

My ESE mom was like that

Do you know your dad’s type?
    You’re so sweet! For some reason it makes me glad to know your mom and I have something in common lol.

My dad is a textbook LSI! As for his Enneagram type, I think he’s either so6 or sx6… hard to say.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    My style used to be... some what affordable minimalistic/old money... Majority of my clothes came from Zara Men Premium. I'm so bored of that aesthetic... I wanna do the vintage thing again. Problem is, second hand shops are selling trash these days here, so I'm just browsing online shops...

I've got so much shoe, I don't know what to do...

Seems like I have one metal outfit, I have a few minimalistic/old money outfits, and now I will probably have a few fake vintage/street style outfits.

I modelled my looks after Hank Moody a bit for some time, but I do not really feel like that's okay at all for me.

I don't know, I alwats loved fashion. I was that weird dude, who actually watches Fashion TV not only for the tiddies but also for the fancy outfits ...
    It’s sweet that you’ve always enjoyed fashion simply for its own sake. Too many guys I’ve met, even if they enjoy fashion, will not admit to it. I’m not sure why. But I hope you find the vintage-looking clothes you like.

Also yeah, most men I know own several pairs of shoes. Then again, so do most women I know… Shoes must be a big thing hehe

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    I’m really into finding colors in my seasonal color palette right now. Aside from that, I mostly stick to more classic or classy styles tied and true. Black turtleneck is my fave but black isn’t in my palette. But idc, I like black.
    What's your seasonal color? And what's the easiest way to find out? Bc I think I'm a spring or summer myself

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Father and son bonding moment

I guess he knows you better than yourself!

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Milk View Post
    What's your seasonal color? And what's the easiest way to find out? Bc I think I'm a spring or summer myself
    I think I’m a soft autumn! I’ve read a lot about it lately from Google searches and been following a coloranalysis community on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/coloranalysis/?rdt=44280). What I can tell you from following that community, despite reading a lot about it, people still get confused and get sometime widely different opinions form people (it’s a lot like socionics in that aspect). I’m still not positive about being a soft autumn tbh. Several people told me they though I am a Spring, but it seems the majority say soft autumn (I made a type me thread on Reddit coloranalysis). What helped me the most was the colorwise.me app. They have a circle you can put your face in of different colors from that season (here is mine) and I picked the one that seemed most harmonious from there, in addition to other peoples opinion on it from my type me thread, and what colors I know I get compliments on that seem from that particular season.

it’s a lot like socionics lol and you can get a professional to type you in person, too!

as for spring vs summer, spring is warm and summer is cool so you have to decide if you are warm or cool. I think spring is also clear and brighter and summer is more ‘soft’.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aster You're def soft autumn, imo! The way those colors look on you is wowowow I also really like light spring on you, but I think soft autumn suits your personality better, so I'd go with that one as your main season

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ This outfit Nick Jonas is wearing looks VERY nice on him (he wears earthy colors very well), but it's also... whew... sexy If I saw my boyfriend wearing an outfit like this, I'd get weak in the knees...

I also really like this weird jacket Nick Jonas wears here:

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aster You're def soft autumn, imo! The way those colors look on you is wowowow I also really like light spring on you, but I think soft autumn suits your personality better, so I'd go with that one as your main season
    Thank you!!
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I changed my clothes up a bit. More minimalist, more fitting clothes were added. Bought more black, white, cream colors. Still very casual but I added a bit more mature and formal points I guess. Like at least I would be confident to face someone or go out and not look like didn’t care. I found that if I don’t pay attention to my clothes when there is no meeting it’s easy to feel like you can just act sluggish. Common trap of wfh. I don’t think I would wear fully home clothes again in the day for now.