Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dune Movie 2020

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dune Movie 2020

Dune novels are the epitome of introverted intuition.

Denis Vellinueve, french Canadian director of Arrival, Sicario and Blade Runner 2049 will be leading the helm, so you know this movie won’t be udder crud, like most everything Hollywood creates these days (ie: CGI fuvk fest comic book movies, Game of Thrones season 4 onwards).

Its supposed to be true to the books, so hopefully a thought provoking adaptation with the major themes such as consciousness, history, politics, religion, spirituality, time, memory, and the shifting sands of Arrakis and how collective ecological and human forces shape destiny. edit: and of course, mind altering drug use.

If anything in the Dune movie seems familiar, thats because it is. Most scifi is derivative of the Dune Novels, first written in the 1960s.
    Last edited by waddup; 06-29-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very much looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddup View Post
    Dune novels are the epitome of introverted intuition.

Denis Vellinueve, french Canadian director of Arrival, Sicario and Blade Runner 2049 will be leading the helm, so you know this movie won’t be udder crud, like most everything Hollywood creates these days (ie: CGI fuvk fest comic book movies, Game of Thrones season 4 onwards).

Its supposed to be true to the books, so hopefully a thought provoking adaptation with the major themes such as consciousness, history, politics, religion, spirituality, time, memory, and the shifting sands of Arrakis and how collective ecological and human forces shape destiny.

If anything in the Dune movie seems familiar, thats because it is. Most scifi is derivative of the Dune Novels, first written in the 1960s.
    looking forward to the movie because dune+ vellinueve, but there's a series coming out too about the bene geserit that Brian Herbert is executive producer of (with vellinueve producing the pilot) that i'm more weary of because Brian Herbert.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dune

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”
    Frank Herbert, Dune
    “Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.”
    Frank Herbert, Dune
    “The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    Frank Herbert, Dune
    “What do you despise? By this are you truly known.”
    Frank Herbert, Dune
    “When religion and politics travel in the same cart, the riders believe nothing can stand in their way. Their movements become headlong - faster and faster and faster. They put aside all thoughts of obstacles and forget the precipice does not show itself to the man in a blind rush until it's too late.”
    Frank Herbert, Dune
    “There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”
    Frank Herbert, Dune
    “Hope clouds observation.”
    Frank Herbert, Dune
    “The mind can go either direction under stress—toward positive or toward negative: on or off. Think of it as a spectrum whose extremes are unconsciousness at the negative end and hyperconsciousness at the positive end. The way the mind will lean under stress is strongly influenced by training.”
    Frank Herbert, Dune
    “He who controls the spice controls the universe.”
    Frank Herbert, Dune

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dune quotes

“Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.”
    Frank Herbert, Dune
    “The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.”
    Frank Herbert, Dune
    “Whether a thought is spoken or not it is a real thing and it has power," Tuek said. "You might find the line between life and death among the Fremen to be too sharp and quick.”
    Frank Herbert, Dune
    “It is impossible to live in the past, difficult to live in the present and a waste to live in the future.”
    Frank Herbert, Dune
    “Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You'll find me there, staring out at you!”
    Frank Herbert, Dune
    “Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”
    “The people who can destroy a thing, they control it.”
    “Survival is the ability to swim in strange water.”
    “What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises—no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting.”
    “The Fremen were supreme in that quality the ancients called "spannungsbogen" -- which is the self-imposed delay between desire for a thing and the act of reaching out to grasp that thing.”
    "Grave this on your memory, lad: A world is supported by four things..." she held up four big-knuckled fingers. "...the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous and the valor of the brave. But all of these things are as nothing..." She closed her fingers into a fist. "...without a ruler who knows the art of ruling. Make that the science of your tradition!”
    “Highly organized research is guaranteed to produce nothing new.”
    “Proper teaching is recognized with ease. You can know it without fail because it awakens within you that sensation which tells you this is something you have always known.”
    “The willow submits to the wind and prospers until one day it is many willows - a wall against the wind.”
    “Give as few orders as possible," his father had told him once long ago. "Once you've given orders on a subject, you must always give orders on that subject.”
    “There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times to develop psychic muscles. -- Muad'Dib”

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Published in 1965:

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Dune

“My father once told me that respect for truth comes close to being the basis for all morality. 'Something cannot emerge from nothing,' he said. This is profound thinking if you understand how unstable 'the truth' can be.”
    There is in all things a pattern that is part of our universe. It has symmetry, elegance, and grace - these qualities you find always in that the true artist captures. You can find it in the turning of the seasons, the way sand trails along a ridge, in the branch clusters of the creosote bush of the pattern of its leaves. We try to copy these patterns in our lives and in our society, seeking the rhythms, the dances, the forms that comfort. Yet, it is possible to see peril in the finding of ultimate perfection. It is clear that the ultimate pattern contains its own fixity. In such perfection, all things move towards death.”
    “Anything outside yourself, this you can see and apply your logic to it. But it’s a human trait that when we encounter personal problems, these things most deeply personal are the most difficult to bring out for our logic to scan. We tend to flounder around, blaming everything but the actual, deep-seated thing that’s really chewing on us.
    “Any man who retreats into a cave which has only one opening deserves to die.”
    “A killer with the manners of a rabbit - this is the most dangerous kind.”
    “The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.”
    “But it's well known that repression makes a religion flourish.”
    “Many have marked the speed with which Muad'Dib learned the necessities of Arrakis. The Bene Gesserit, of course, know the basis of this speed. For the others, we can say that Muad'Dib learned rapidly because his first training was in how to learn. And the first lesson of all was the basic trust that he could learn. It is shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult. Muad'Dib knew that every experience carries its lesson.”
    “Knowing where the trap is—that's the first step in evading it.”
    “You see, gentlemen, they have something to die for. They've discovered they're a people. They're awakening.”
    “Then, as his planet killed him, it occurred to Kynes that his father and all the other scientists were wrong, that the most persistent principles of the universe were accident and error.”
    “And always, he fought the temptation to choose a clear, safe course, warning 'That path leads ever down into stagnation.”
    “Much that was called religion has carried an unconscious attitude of hostility toward life. True religion must teach that life is filled with joys pleasing to the eye of God, that knowledge without action is empty. All men must see that the teaching of religion by rules and rote is largely a hoax. The proper teaching is recognized with ease. You can know it without fail because it awakens within you that sensation which tells you this is something you’ve always known.”
    “Do you wrestle with dreams?
    Do you contend with shadows?
    Do you move in a kind of sleep?
    Time has slipped away.
    Your life is stolen.
    You tarried with trifles,
    Victim of your folly.”
    “Mankind has only one science… its the science of discontent.”
    “Religion must remain an outlet for people who say to themselves, 'I am not the kind of person I want to be.' It must never sink into an assemblage of the self-satisfied.”
    “What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?”
    “The vision of time is broad, but when you pass through it, time becomes a narrow door.”
    “I am like a person whose hands were kept numb, without sensation from the first moment of awareness - until one day the ability to feel is forced into them. And I say "Look! I have no hands!" But the people all around me say: "What are hands?”
    “For now is my grief heavier than the sands of the seas, she thought. This world has emptied me of all but the oldest purpose: tomorrow's life.”
    “If you rely only on your eyes, your other senses weaken.”
    “When you imagine mistakes, there can be no self-defense.”
    “It's easier to be terrified by an enemy you admire.”
    “The price we paid was the price men have always paid for achieving a paradise in this life--we went soft, we lost our edge.
    “Leto turned a hard stare at Kynes.
    And Kynes, returning the stare, found himself troubled by a fact he had observed here: This Duke was concerned more over the men than he was over the spice. He risked his own life, and that of his son to save the men. He passed off the loss of a spice crawler with a gesture. The threat to men's lives had him in a rage. A leader such as that would command fanatic loyalty. He would be difficult to defeat.
    Against his own will and all previous judgements, Kynes admitted to himself: I like this Duke.”
    “When he wanted, he could radiate charm and sincerity, but I often wonder in these later days if anything about him was as it seemed. I think now he was a man fighting constantly to escape the bars of an invisible cage.”

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dune cont.

“Growth is limited by the necessity which is present in the least amount. And naturally, the least favorable condition controls the growth rate”
    “What is important for a leader is that which makes him a leader. It is the needs of his people.”
    “The test of a man isn’t what you think he’ll do. It’s what he actually does.”
    “There is in each of us an ancient force that takes and an ancient force that gives. A man finds little difficulty facing that place within himself where the taking force dwells, but it’s almost impossible for him to see into the giving force without changing into something other than man. For a woman, the situation is reversed…These things are so ancient within us…that they’re ground into each separate cell of our bodies…It’s as easy to be overwhelmed by giving as by taking.”
    “The thing the ecologically illiterate don't realise about an ecosystem is that it's a system. A system! A system maintains a certain fluid stability that can be destroyed by a misstep in just one niche. A system has order, flowing from point to point. If something dams that flow, order collapses. The untrained might miss that collapse until it was too late. That's why the highest function of ecology is the understanding of consequences.”
    “She thought of the boy's features as an exquisite distillation out of random patterns-endless queues of happenstance meeting at this nexus.”

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dune
    “A ruler must learn to persuade and not to compel... he must lay the best coffee hearth to attract the finest men... a good ruler has to learn his world's language... it's different for every world... the language of the rocks and growing things... the language you don't hear just with your ears... the Mystery of Life... not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience...

Understanding must move with the flow of the process."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dune
    It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. Thoughts acquire speed, lips acquire stains, stains become a warning, it is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the most creative depictions of a completely alien humanity, and easily the subtlest depiction of Islam in any popular media. It correctly paints Islam as the nuanced, adaptable, and seductive ideology it is, and its enormous potential to challenge and overtake Western assumptions and ideas.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    1:44 lol those navigators look retarded

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to clear up some misconceptions.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not very pleased with the casting job on this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddup View Post
    Nice.
    But since Star Wars has been setting the bar so low, I think I will like this, even if it sucks.

TIM
    ExI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s one of my favorite books, but very easy to imagine what’s made it hard to adapt in the past, so I keep my expectations low. If it’s good - which it does stand a good chance to be - then, awesome. If it joins the other hot chaos parties that are the previous attempts, I’ll enjoy it for that just like I did them.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I just hope they don't poz it to hell and back like the Vermin Mouse is so won't to do. Damn it all, I just want a faithful adaptation of a Western work. What I'm hoping for? Well, if a major Hollywood movie studio could do to "Dune" what Ufotable did to "Kimetsu no Yaiba" I'd be happy.

I bet money it won't happen as Hollywood values political agenda over good storytelling. What's worse in my mind though, is that people think bitching about it will change a damn thing. Up until the "Great Round Eared Rat" reaches for a pile of money it's sure of being there (as it always has every time it reached for it) and instead finds naught a single scrap of warpstone? Then, and only then, will they listen. Bitch all ya want, but so long as you still pay to see what swill they desire to shove down your ulitimately willing throat, then it's no surprise they won't change.

"Shut up I"m counting" is the ultimate counter they will have for any fan complaint right up until they do not. Stop giving your hard earned money to people who hate you and tell you as much, to your face, loudly, repeatedly, and proudly.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of good news here-->

Hans Zimmer making OST, very capable guy. EI: gladiator, interstellar, inception, the dark knight series.

"Brutalist architecture, very nightmarish, totally unrecognizable cultural future, exactly what you would expect of a human empire 20,000 years in the future"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I just hope they don't poz it to hell and back like the Vermin Mouse is so won't to do. Damn it all, I just want a faithful adaptation of a Western work. What I'm hoping for? Well, if a major Hollywood movie studio could do to "Dune" what Ufotable did to "Kimetsu no Yaiba" I'd be happy.

I bet money it won't happen as Hollywood values political agenda over good storytelling. What's worse in my mind though, is that people think bitching about it will change a damn thing. Up until the "Great Round Eared Rat" reaches for a pile of money it's sure of being there (as it always has every time it reached for it) and instead finds naught a single scrap of warpstone? Then, and only then, will they listen. Bitch all ya want, but so long as you still pay to see what swill they desire to shove down your ulitimately willing throat, then it's no surprise they won't change.

"Shut up I"m counting" is the ultimate counter they will have for any fan complaint right up until they do not. Stop giving your hard earned money to people who hate you and tell you as much, to your face, loudly, repeatedly, and proudly.
    Don't worry man, a Canadian is running the show and we don't americanize things and fuck them up. It will be super freaking trippy.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The book is about a world where most technology in the form of AI has been abandoned. Instead, people themselves specialize their abilities. To do this, they consume consciousness expanding, mind altering, powerful psychedelic drugs that give people the power to see the future and the past, therefore able to move between systems of the galaxy without crashing into things.

Its about a Drug called spice that prolongs your life, gives you an addiction so deep that if you stop talking the spice you will die.

Its a book about drug use that is the key stone of all Civilization, OFC the movie is not going to be utter dog shit like Star Wars. Its a book about philosophy and the human condition. Star Wars is derivative of Dune, in fact, much of what occurred in sci-fi since is derivative of Dune, including the Matrix movies.

Some really superficial analysis is that the book is an allegory of modern societies need and use of petroleum oil. OFC it goes way deeper than that. Its a world were breeding programs and human behaviour patterns are observed counted and noted. Those who have power in the series are those who are most able to manipulate others using the mind and the body. To do that they train themselves to access their own para-physiology and to access that they take a Drug.

Technology is not the centre piece of this world. You won't see any holograms or stun rays. Its about the human animal and how far we can push it. Consciousness as the true technology that it always was.
    Last edited by valhalla; 12-21-2019 at 03:36 AM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New photos just came out. https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ya-oscar-isaac

Interesting choice regarding Liet-Kynes.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to this. Was a huge fan of the books already as a teenager. Overflowing with Ni.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first trailer dropped yesterday if you guys haven't been following it closely.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first preview for this came out yesterday on my IEI dads birthday. It's his favorite book, and so he sounded pretty excited when I sent him the link for it. It looks pretty good.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good so far. I hope they don't fuck it up with some woke garbage. plz plz plz just stick to DUNE.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Dune premier has been cancelled until Fall 2021.

Thanks CHINA.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blegh View Post
    first trailer dropped yesterday if you guys haven't been following it closely.

I got to tell, I have luke warm attention for this trailer...I feel it pushes the wrong central aspects of the book. This trailer makes it look like typical block buster super hero movie, which the Dune novels are fundamentally not about. Also, this trailer makes it look as though there is plenty of exposition, and the Dune novels are almost entirely expository free, something that frustrates many readers (not me, I love the style).

I reserve any enthusiasm until I am in the theatre, which will be next year.
    Last edited by raTG13; 10-10-2020 at 04:35 AM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it actually was a nice idea to cut the movie into two parts; in the Spielberg movie things just got rushed. The rythm was nice too, there was action, but the pace always felt collected instead of frenetic.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    I thought it actually was a nice idea to cut the movie into two parts; in the Spielberg movie things just got rushed. The rythm was nice too, there was action, but the pace always felt collected instead of frenetic.
    Spielberg ? The original movie was made by David Lynch.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    Spielberg ? The original movie was made by David Lynch.
    My bad. I see you have the old movie poster as avatar, what did you like about it?
    Last edited by lkdhf qkb; 09-28-2021 at 08:03 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    My bad. I see you have the old movie poster as avatar, what did you like about it?
    Everything except that the second half was too abridged. The atmosphere, actors, music, how well and majestic the worms were done... there's also a miniseries that's okay too, with a LIE-Ni as main character.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not holding my breath for this movie. The trailer was basic as fuck and it seemed to fall disproportionately on the incorrect aspects of the novel. The impression I got was that of any "hero may rise" that is literally every comic book movie. Plus the atmosphere better get into the drugged pschydelic realm that the spice imbues it's consumer - where time, the future, and the past are seen with crystal clear vision.

Sorry I've discussed at great length over the years about Dune and it's reliance on Sensing and Ni themes.. so I will be slightly disappointed if heavy Si Vellenueve equates time awareness with sensing ambiance of set and setting.

Like I said, the trailer looks pretty "meh", and I have a sense it was the studio's decision to advertise the "grandeur", but overall I hope Vellenueve goes somewhere special and unique with it. I think Star Wars cornered the market on fantastic scenes and cinematography, but ultimately vapid and empty plot.

Given the source material, my boy better do that book justice, as it's one of my favourites and was highly influential for 15 year old "me"

"You will find true reality is a great deal different than what you would expect".

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay..

Saw the movie last week in the theatres and going back today for another showing. Three reasons I got the double clot shot prophylactic symptom reducers was 1. Fly for work. 2. Use the gym. 3. See Dune in the movie theaters.

Denis did a fantastic job showing the essence of the Dune Universe. I was so impressed by the care and the classy choices he made with a novel that is so close to my heart.

Everything was so on point and every choice he made I could understand why. He really did the book Justice using the visual media and the rule of show don't tell.

I know he cut most of the characters internal dialogues and therefore much of the deep philosophies, but besides that the guy made a masterful movie.

So, I was trying to watch movie reviews and unfortunately at this point only alpha quadra types have done YouTube movie reviews and critiques, so nothing said yet has been all that interesting to me. (The attempt at Ti "compare and contrast" between the three Dune projects made over the years isn't all that interesting given that it's a low hanging fruit topic.)

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the movie and I relatively liked it, so I went investigating about the novels and saw it was regarded as peak space opera with philosophical and political messages. I decided I would read the first book and use it as an introduction to fiction.

The ending is a disappointment, as well as the third and second half, the "message" is simplistic and vacuous, I'm never touching fiction again...

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    I watched the movie and I relatively liked it, so I went investigating about the novels and saw it was regarded as peak space opera with philosophical and political messages. I decided I would read the first book and use it as an introduction to fiction.

The ending is a disappointment, as well as the third and second half, the "message" is simplistic and vacuous, I'm never touching fiction again...
    Yeah true. Herbert makes his points in the writing itself, not in the endings in some over arching themes. The books are like digging for rare previous minerals and finding them ever chapter or so.. otherwise the plot is pretty standard.

After a second viewing of the movie I can see it's faults. It's not a perfect movie. Still enjoyable.

Are you NT, LII by chance? Most LII I know can't stand magic vooddoo type stuff in their science fiction . Hard facts over poetry.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Yeah true. Herbert makes his points in the writing itself, not in the endings in some over arching themes. The books are like digging for rare previous minerals and finding them ever chapter or so.. otherwise the plot is pretty standard.

After a second viewing of the movie I can see it's faults. It's not a perfect movie. Still enjoyable.

Are you NT, LII by chance? Most LII I know can't stand magic vooddoo type stuff in their science fiction . Hard facts over poetry.
    I could be LII, or I could not be LII, I'm not interested in asserting self-typings because it might end up being used agains't myself and I'm not that attached to any self-typing anyways.

My problem doesn't lie in the "magic vooddoo" stuff but in the fact that after the prescience "reveal" at the end of chapter 1, most of what happens is rather "inconsequential" to my POV, with some plots becoming irrelevant when you look at the whole book.

As I see it, the ending doesn't give closure to the whole story and after the first chapter most of the book lacks content.
    Last edited by RBRS; 12-07-2021 at 08:26 AM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post

My problem doesn't lie in the "magic vooddoo" stuff but in the fact that after the prescience "reveal" at the end of chapter 1, most of what happens is rather "inconsequential" to my POV, with some plots becoming irrelevant when you look at the whole book.

As I see it, the ending doesn't give closure to the whole story and after the first chapter most of the book lacks content.
    So your current Avatar is the circular symbol for Infinity... your TIM is labelled as "Indefinite".

Yet you can't appreciate the ending of the story doesn't give closure (which is in part the entire point of Dune, nothing ends it just keep rolling forward, which is a commentary on human reality and its Civilization.)

Do you not see the juxtaposition here?

“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”
    Frank Herbert
    Last edited by timber; 12-11-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast