Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dune Movie 2020

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Dreams are messages from the deep"

What a great classy way to open up the film. This is a direct quote from the books. It really sets the tone.

Reddit: In the later books they talk about genetic memory. Paul's prescience doesn't only go into the future, it extends into the past. He remembers every lifetime of every ancestor of Paul's that ever lived with such clarity that their personalities could manifest within him, if not suppressed. Herbert's philosophy was that some element of this existed in all of us. On an unconscious level we are aware of the forces that shaped our evolution, and the information learned from these formative experiences are felt as instincts and emotions. The "deep" is the unconscious well of humanitys' knowledge.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My avatar is a reference for the Ouroboros

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros

My username also is a reference to it.

I'll explain myself better; The book built expectations around the Jihad, the palace tactics on Salussa Secundus (Specially the plot between the Bene Gesserit and Feyd-Rautha) and about the changes of "timelines" that could or couldn't happen. In the end, nothing of this happens nor develops itself, I consider the ending dissapointing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    My avatar is a reference for the Ouroboros

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros

My username also is a reference to it.

I'll explain myself better; The book built expectations around the Jihad, the palace tactics on Salussa Secundus (Specially the plot between the Bene Gesserit and Feyd-Rautha) and about the changes of "timelines" that could or couldn't happen. In the end, nothing of this happens nor develops itself, I consider the ending dissapointing.
    The Jihad does happen. The Princess on Salusa Secondus is betrayed by her son, who marries one of Paul and Chani's twins, Ghanima. The books later in the series deal with the Jihad.

I wasn't disappointed but I'm sure its because I see Infinity even in the banal and always have even as a child. The book was equally Jessica's story and Paul taking on a concubine had significance in more ways than one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12