Thread: Do introverts get more introverted over time?

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do introverts get more introverted over time?

When I was younger I talked to everyone and was loved by all adults (especially teachers) and had many good friends. But as I got 18+ I started to change myself profoundly, in the way I looked, my interests switched to other areas, and I started to be pickier about my contacts , and nowadays my real life contacts are becoming only my home family and some other 4 people. My mom warns me of becoming antissocial, and some people ask me If I have forgotten them. And I am happy to be like this, and don't want to come back to my "past life", because I had many friends but felt guilty of being a fictional character. I was an angel to most people.

now I don't have male friends (This is funny to me lol) and
    one of my best friends is my mother (1 of the 3 people there's life when I talk to), btw.
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 06-29-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Younger kids are often put together in big herds for schools and activities and don’t have much choice in the matter. At 18 people can make different choices, are expected to be more independent, and have completed the socialization process imposed on them as a minor.

You could become less socially connected at that age regardless of whether you’re I or E.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It was similar for me. All youth would need to acquire loads of information because a sound basis on which to function is required; therefore, input needs to be in high gear. Ijs tend to be Ep-like (explorers) while Ejs tend to be more Ip-like (observers); along with physical brain development, it is one of the primary reasons why typing of children is very difficult, if not impossible. On this issue, Eps and Ips tend not to change quite as much but there's still instability of information processing.....

a.k.a. I/O

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If we talk about about Big 5 extroversion (I assume you talk about this extroversion) which is quite different from socionics extroversion they use facets.

For me
    Warmth: Probably high if I'm secure. This is according to others.
    Gregarious: Meh but has probably increased
    Assertiveness: Bit increased. I have always been wavering with this. Not extremely comfortable with this all the time. It has to do with not wanting to rock other facets in extraversion.
    Activity: I think I prefer to be actively engaged with stuff. I don't think much have changed.
    Excitement seeking: Not very high but occasionally I do get kick out of it.
    Positive emotions: When things go well. This seems to be quite clear. In activated state of being.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

type's accentuation or reduction may happen after a time
    also some behavior may become closer to common or more of some types without type's itself changes. as behavior depends on different factors besides Jung's types

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something I've noticed is that young kids are often extremely extraverted or extremely introverted (in the social sense, not in socionics), and tend to regress to the mean as they get older.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say traits become less noticable to the general mind. But for those with an eye for it... They notice that these patterns have been managed to the point of barely being detected at all. In individuls with an abundance of health over destruction. And in individuals with a force of will that transcends mere concepts of health and destruction.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Something I've noticed is that young kids are often extremely extraverted or extremely introverted (in the social sense, not in socionics), and tend to regress to the mean as they get older.
    Rings true for me. I was extremely socially introverted as a child and I gradually became more socially extroverted as I got older until I became around average socially. It is important to note that social extroversion/introversion /= Socionics extroversion/introversion.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5