Thread: Rationality/Irrationality

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Rationality/Irrationality

From a couple people now recently I've seen talk about the differences between J and P types and how they can cause interpersonal problems in relationships or living together. My romantic relationships have been primarily Ij-Ip and I've experienced it as a need to let go of things being done when they "should" be done and accepting that things will go at a pace that agrees with their energy. It isn't that terrible or a huge difference in ways of seeing the world or anything, other than needing control over situations vs resigning oneself to them... they get done either way. At worst, with a little nagging on my part.

Im sure this has been gone over in threads before, so please excuse my memory and laziness. But how do you experience rationality/irrationality? Do you struggle a lot with the opposite type? What does it mean to you?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

J/P doesnt really mean much to me.. its more people on opposite quadra that causes problems than a J or P

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I, too, experience the greatest problems with people from the opposite quadra. As the types get nearer to me in the form of shared functions, those problems diminish, until I get to the inter-Quadra types with whom I share all the functions.

So, with an ILI (Mirror) or an SEE (Activity), relationships are pretty great and I'm assuming just that we are on the same page, but every now and then I find that No, I'm actually dealing with someone who is generally great but has a weirdly odd approach to life. And we start to disagree on some pretty fundamental things.

With duals, I've found that it is harder to get close to them than it is to get close to ILI's or SEE's, but I never doubt that we are on the same page. What I have found is that duals and I don't always initially agree on what should be done, but we quickly come to a mutually beneficial and satisfying agreement.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Agreed on ppl from the opposite quadra. It's harder to get something done with IEI than with LSI for example. And its more difficult to get things done with Delta NF than with LSE. Then, one have more "understanding" (not enjoyment) with mirror than with activator or dual. So if you want to get things done, an j type would probably be more efficient for sure. Personally I don't have much trouble with j ppl, aside of they being often too obstinate in their way (methods and rules)when doing things together (especially gamma and alpha and probs this increases in rational subtypes).
    Last edited by Hope; 06-21-2019 at 03:26 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ashlesha, Yes it makes a significant difference to me. The differences are best seen in things like activity, imho and ime. I have found activity relations problematic, for instance, i have found SLI friends to be rather opportunistic and bending the agreed / chosen course even if they were all for it at one point. There are probably more distinctions in the rationality/irrationality in the EII-SLI relation but this is a big one to me. Now of course the activity is still better than conflict, but i have had just as good relations as friends with ESIs, for instance, so outwith quadra, and had LSI friends too, etc. Just a thought / 0.2 cents

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

you have J type
    J types are sometimes overcontrolling. P-N types "feel" when things should be done better - they mb trusted more in this. with P-S are higher problems

also besides the planing the difference is how J and P do things better. for P types it's easier to concentrate efforts on short times and then to rest a little. J types need to take this into account when make planing, - for P types plans should be made on longer times and on more meaningful events

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    My romantic relationships have been primarily Ij-Ip and I've experienced it as a need to let go of things being done when they "should" be done and accepting that things will go at a pace that agrees with their energy.
    Most everyone tries to run on inspiration except for a handful of hyper-conscientious people (weirdos).