Thread: Te-PoLR appreciation thread

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Te-PoLR appreciation thread

Te-PoLR's get a lot of flack for being lazy and good for nothing. let's appreciate them for a bit. or we can just talk about them.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This makes me want to change my name back to Feathers.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A pox on this thread.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He he. I have given out lots of stuff for free and I probably continue doing it because as demicratic quadra member I do not flock towards unions. It is good that not everyone cares about it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Ni2 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least it's not Ni PoLR.
    1557536301976.jpg
    human flesh tastes like pork

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XEI Ruins Everything (Te)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well technically, being appreciated enough really isn't the issue, is it. It's not about love/appreciation, it's the logical fact that love/appreciation doesn't hold its own value. Even though it makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside, it is essentially worthless, and part of the reason why the most obnoxious jerks that almost everybody secretly despises can get so ahead in the world lol. But a 'healthy Te valuer' (as opposed to an obviously abusive one) is also pretty neutral about this fact too. It just 'is what it is.

IEIs and SEIs are already well enough liked in the Fe way anyway, so I don't really need more people circle jerking on my face. So somebody being all 'let's be nice to the Te polr everybody!' is kind of redundant as it doesn't really change the broken thing to begin with. (sorry I'm kind of being like Bernard haha) It is the Fi/Te thing the IEI/SEI needs assistance with but in a way that doesn't piss us off. Which requires finesse and sensitivity as it is our polr.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

As a Te seeking type I habitually want to share boring facts during conversation for some kind of helpful feedback/input like:
    "I have a bill for x and I'm not sure if I should pay it one lump sum or not"
    "I made an appt with x next Wednesday at 9:00am"
    "I have to buy x and I wonder if this store has them in stock"

Blah blah.

I realize that this stuff is kinda boring regardless. But with my Te polr boyfriend I have to be careful cuz he can seem downright offended like I've been flat out cruel lol and not say anything but make a face like he's been slapped.

At least he doesn't bring that kind of stuff up with me? Hey.

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI and LSI Activation In Action!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    As a Te seeking type I habitually want to share boring facts during conversation for some kind of helpful feedback/input like:
    "I have a bill for x and I'm not sure if I should pay it one lump sum or not"
    "I made an appt with x next Wednesday at 9:00am"
    "I have to buy x and I wonder if this store has them in stock"

Blah blah.

I realize that this stuff is kinda boring regardless. But with my Te polr boyfriend I have to be careful cuz he can seem downright offended like I've been flat out cruel lol and not say anything but make a face like he's been slapped.

At least he doesn't bring that kind of stuff up with me? Hey.
    When I was chasing an IEI, she broke an expensive crepe pan and I offered to fix it for her. She hesitated and said "You don't have the right kind of electricity to run it."
    I replied, "I have 230 VAC, single phase and three phase, 115 VAC single phase, 360 VAC three phase, 440 VAC three phase, and any DC voltage that you want through Variacs. I have whatever that thing takes to run it."
    She positively winced when she heard this and said she'll just buy a new one.

This really puzzled me until I got to talking about something entirely different with my IEI favorite cousin, and then out of the blue she said, "Adam, I'm not stupid, you know."
    I thought, WTF? and said "I know you're not stupid. You're really smart. I guess we just have different kinds of intelligence."

From these two events, I concluded that Te actually hurts IEI's because they feel stupid in its presence. Since I don't want to hurt my favorite cousin, this only leaves me with Se when I interact with her. I have to act like an SLE to get along with her.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-21-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    When I was chasing an IEI, she broke an expensive crepe pan and I offered to fix it for her. She hesitated and said "You don't have the right kind of electricity to run it."
    I replied, "I have 230 VAC, single phase and three phase, 115 VAC single phase, 360 VAC three phase, 440 VAC three phase, and any DC voltage that you want through Variacs. I have whatever that thing takes to run it."
    She positively winced when she heard this and said she'll just buy a new one.

This really puzzled me until I got to talking about something entirely different with my IEI favorite cousin, and then out of the blue she said, "Adam, I'm not stupid, you know."
    I thought, WTF? and said "I know you're not stupid. You're really smart. I guess we just have different kinds of intelligence."

From these two events, I concluded that Te actually hurts IEI's because they feel stupid in its presence. Since I don't want to hurt my favorite cousin, this only leaves me with Se when I interact with her. I have to act like an SLE to get along with her.
    Offering to fix a mechanical device belongs to ST territory, Te or otherwise

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Open this pickle jar please. Oh, and this tightly-sealed water bottle too, while you're at it.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

craftsmanship <3
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 06-29-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Pretty much, yes.

Also covers 1D Te.

With EII they get over worked up and stressed out. Lots of internal pressure asking ‘is this right-best-efficient-correct’. Woman seem under high pressure unless heavily dualized. Putting the more relaxed version as harmonized. Lots of checking in with the boss for the correct way to proceed.

ESI have Se which helps them cover the action itself, so there is a more adaptive tool kit. Still, lack of Ne problem solving techniques can see them stuck in one spot, or spinning their wheels brute unlock style.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    ...lack of Ne problem solving techniques can see them stuck in one spot, or spinning their wheels brute unlock style.
    For me as ego type or NT type the problem isn't understanding the task, it's acually doing the same task a 1000 times in the same way, that's for me feeling stuck in one spot.

Confronting me with work at an assembly line is like confronting a vampire with garlic, most likely.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 06-22-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    For me as ego type or NT type the problem isn't understanding the task, it's acually doing the same task a 1000 times in the same way, that's for me feeling stuck in one spot.
    Exactly. Finding novel ways to solve situations drawing from outside sources. Thinking outside the box.
    As far as problem solving there was lack of total communication about I meant. Problem solving in regards to Te isnt about understanding the problem perse, its about figuring out ways of overcoming challenges. Who did you call? Where can you find said part? Which store to visit? Who to ask? Which tool? How to do? Ect. Brainstorm solutions. Did you try x, y,z? Which hedge fund? What investment? How to achieve this? Reaching objectives.

This is something IEE offers ESI as well. This is conventional socionics.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I have given out lots of stuff for free and I probably continue doing it because as democratic quadra member
    I'd relate this to Si valued type. Se valued value property higher, are more greedy, like to have more money just because they like them more. Also mb to P.
    While Reinin's traits is nonsense.

> I do not flock towards unions.

any 2 people which interact are a "union"

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pretty much, yes.

Also covers 1D Te.

With EII they get over worked up and stressed out. Lots of internal pressure asking ‘is this right-best-efficient-correct’. Woman seem under high pressure unless heavily dualized. Putting the more relaxed version as harmonized. Lots of checking in with the boss for the correct way to proceed.
    This exactly. I knew recently this EII manager of a food park obsessed with "efficiency" who was firing and discarding ppl here and there because they didn't give "results" for tasks and one sided goals she had on mind . Her parameters were kinda unrealistic, extremely random and arbitrary, entirely at her discretion. Then, she wasn't even able to tell ppl openly about her opinions and concerns or dismiss them openly (Se polr, to avoid being rude she was very rude for not speaking clear to ppl and not telling them why she was doing what she was doing, also making false promises, ghosting ppl etc). I mean, like a manager you should seek for efficiency, but she was discarding ppl so fast that it was not even realistic to expect some progress. The worst part is that the pay was really low. The most interesting part for me I guess was her inability to find solutions to improve proficiency and results. It was like if she had just two buttons in front of her (yes/no) and was unable to find solutions beyond it (not even for the sake of ethical relations).

Edit. I think Te seeking can be manifested as EII obsessing over results or efficiency, while Te PoLR is more like not understanding what efficiency or professionalism is, in this way, SEI has problems understanding work structure or hierarchy and not wanting to submit to rules and not seeing themselves as subordinates or as part of a bigger process (similar thing happens also to ESE). They also experience any criticism over work or performance as a personal attack. IEI understands hierarchy but sabotage all kind of Te requests and initiative from the outside as experience it often as risky and aggressive (as attempts to put them in the lowest stage of the hierarchy).
    Last edited by Hope; 06-23-2019 at 05:52 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I remember one EII who became overtly happy when I put christmas lighting up to circling the inner roof. I did while she was away in order to avoid the painful planning step.

I also knew one whom I helped to convert her VHS tapes into digital form and she was all about the efficient position of the objects. It was one time procedure...
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the masterminds who thought that these products would get to sell.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much, yes.

Also covers 1D Te.

Me too.

And I constantly give off the impression of having difficult work and of being more neurotic than avg ppl about it. >.<