Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which do you think is the most intelligent type?

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which do you think is the most intelligent type?

People have a presumption that intuitives are more intelligent than sensories. But I'm going to go out on a limb here: I think SLE is the most intelligent type.

Why? Because it's combination of holographical-panoramic and -program gives it the ability to multidimensionally decompose any bit of information it wants into the perfect representation. SLE in battle takes the extremely high dimensional war theater and decomposes it into front, side, and flank positions. SLE in computer science takes high dimensional problem space and decomposes it into simple algorithms. And because they're not intuitives their decompositions are almost perfect. They represent space perfectly.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linking intelligence to type is more of an MBTI thing. N<S, T<F
    I wouldn't correlate intelligence, a word that can mean many things, to any type. Also, here you are saying your supervisor is the most intelligent, and it seems to be a common thing to feel stupid in front of a supervisor.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stefilias View Post
    Also, here you are saying your supervisor is the most intelligent, and it seems to be a common thing to feel stupid in front of a supervisor.
    L-O-L prob true

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An LII that doesn't even bother to first define "intelligence?" lol Sigh.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    An LII that doesn't even bother to first define "intelligence?" lol Sigh.
    But I did. Read through my second paragraph carefully. I implicitly defined intelligence as "multidimensional decomposition." The only thing I didn't do was put it in Aristotelian form with strict definition-theorem structure like this:

Quote Originally Posted by hypothetical me
    Definition. The intellect of a rational agent is defined to be the extent of multidimensional decomposition said rational agent is capable of.
    Of course, because I didn't put it in -format like you prefer in general, you reacted in a classical Extinguishment fashion. Funny.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"multidimensional decomposition"? I think my son's Goldfish do that, and they're dead.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dunno. pro'lly isaac newton.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What we commonly mean by intelligence is linked to NT type. There is no doubt about that. Of course any type can be intelligent but it gets pronounced if the type is NT.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    What we commonly mean by intelligence is linked to NT type. There is no doubt about that. Of course any type can be intelligent but it gets pronounced if the type is NT.
    To me intelligence = multidimensional decomposition. How well a type performs that is not correlated with type. All types have the potential to do multidimensional decomposition well. Vox Day is an SEE and he performs multidimensional decomposition better than I can. But what they decompose (e.g. ethical decomposes value-based information while logical decomposes structure-based information) is going to vary from type to type.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPrincipleTwo View Post
    To me intelligence = multidimensional decomposition. How well a type performs that is not correlated with type. All types have the potential to do multidimensional decomposition well.
    If this "multidimensional decomposition" is not correlated to type and therefore all types are capable of doing it well, why make this thread and assert that SLEs are the most "intelligent?" Wouldn't any SEE or EII or ESE highly adept at "decomposing" their respective form of "information" be considered intelligent in their own right, then? A SEE or SLE may more readily manifest a bodily-kinesthetic intelligence whereas an "intelligent" EIE or ESE may possess stellar interpersonal skills. That being the case, I don't understand highlighting SLEs as being particularly "intelligent," seeing as how to a significant degree, "it's all relative."

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Should we ask which cognitive style is the most intelligent? I think performance wise Holographic types who are result oriented might win there.

Process types take precautionary methods so their performance score drops assuming they had same capacity and holographic thinking.

Where process types takes the cake it is in intellectualizing stuff.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IMO, there are two aspects of intelligence metaphorically speaking: hardware and software. Hardware is how fast you learn and think, so basically think of it as the speed processor in your brain, which has absolutely nothing to do with type. Software is how you think because of your personality, which is partially influenced by type, but other factors matter just as much if not more. So software has more to do with intellectualism rather than brainpower, but it is an aspect of intelligence nonetheless.

True intelligence is often recognized as someone that is strong at both: hardware and software. What type does, is influence what types of intelligence you are more likely to be better at. In terms of hardware or brainpower, type is irrelevant. However, NTs would stereotypically be better at what we define as intelligence such as math, logic and science and smarter software wise. Where as NFs, STs and SFs would be better at other types of intelligence that are not as valued. Take all of this with a grain of salt btw as I am merely generalizing ideas.
    Last edited by Raver; 06-18-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ya op agreed but then we'd think that about our supervisor wouldn't we

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no real such thing as the most intelligent type... or even the most intelligent person. Because what really matters is the creativity, and creativity trumps all. Yes, an intelligent person can be creative, but without creativity, there will be no new knowledge. Only creativity has the ability to create new knowledge, and only from new knowledge we can create new stuff and do new things. Or even know anything about the world.

So that's why you have supercomputers and "AI", but they still can't create anything new, unless humans feed them with data and information. There is some "evolution-based AI", but the computer itself can't understand what the hell it is creating, unless a human programmer analyzes it.

Theoretically, we can program the exact kind of programs that we have today on a very old, slow computer. It's just going to take a lot more time. So just being able to think fast isn't going to be able to produce anything new. A very intelligent person may also be simultaneously very creative. But what's really important is the ability to be creative. Or maybe we're thinking "intelligent" in the wrong way.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFJs are said to be the most intelligent in MBTI, often they become ENFp in socion. and yeah, they should be good in breaking things down to analyze them multifacetedly

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    IMO, there are two aspects of intelligence metaphorically speaking: hardware and software. Hardware is how fast you learn and think, so basically think of it as the speed processor in your brain, which has absolutely nothing to do with type. Software is how you think because of your personality, which is partially influenced by type, but other factors matter just as much if not more. So software has more to do with intellectualism rather than brainpower, but it is an aspect of intelligence nonetheless.

True intelligence is often recognized as someone that is strong at both: hardware and software. What type does, is influence what types of intelligence you are more likely to be better at. In terms of hardware or brainpower, type is irrelevant. However, NTs would stereotypically be better at what we define as intelligence such as math, logic and science and smarter software wise. Where as NFs, STs and SFs would be better at other types of intelligence that are not as valued. Take all of this with a grain of salt btw as I am merely generalizing ideas.
    Yea I always thought of standardized testing like SAT/IQ testing like the hardware testing...Similar to the 40 yard dash times during the NFL combines.... It tests your raw processing power... like it can be a predictor of academic success.... but it doesn't take into account the person's discipline and intangibles; it's why you aren't guaranteed success just because you went to a great school. like you mentioned this is only one aspect of intelligence... gotta take into account other factors.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Socionics, there's another name for valued/unvalued blocks of Model A: verbal and nonverbal.

As it just so happens, intelligence can also be divided into verbal and nonverbal.

Do you think that this division in Model A also corresponds to the division in intellect? Do you think people with high verbal IQ have enhanced program/creative/suggestive/activation functions? Do you think people with low verbal IQ but high nonverbal IQ have enhanced role/polr/ignoring/demonstrative functions?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the one having the better developed functions in the region where those are needed

intelligent is 8 functions. they all are equally important to live

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve met so many stupid people of every type that I doubt there’s a very strong correlation between Sociotype and intelligence.

As other people here have said, “intelligence” is already an abstract concept and can be measured in a few ways. My ESE mother, for instance, was academically brilliant; she was the top of her class through high school and nursing school, and has a phenomenal menory. But in other ways she’s helpless; she’s unable and/or unwilling to apply knowledge she has. As a concrete example, she believes in essential oils and sinilar pseudoscience — even though she’s a CRNA, well understands physiology, and can explain to you in as much detail as you please how any organ or system in the body works, and ought to understand that putting lavender oil on your foot won’t do a thing to cure a cold. She’s also bad at practical matters; she’ll almost melt with fear if she’s tasked with anything that seems complicated (also partially related to E6) and she isn’t good at managing time, or anything logistical — packing, planning, making arrangements. She also doesn’t tend to understand abstract concepts well unless clearly explained to her. And she tends to forget memories worrying quickly that are unpleasant to recall.

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI :)

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's NTR. We all have some predispositions to shine in certain area and to struggle in some others. That's what socionics is all about isn't it ? To be equally intelligent in all domains the word "Intelligence" can be applied in is impossible. Some will always think that we are less intelligent than them and vice versa and that is Type related. This perception/judgement is obviously an Ego projection and thus in socionics terms, like I said is Type related and to be a bit more precise ITR related imho.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI ツ

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dat feeling when I pown ILIs (Einsteins and Newtons) but SEIs pown me. Good riddance.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I worked for a biotech company, my dad told me: “You are a smart girl. You can do anything”

When I quit my job to become a stay at home wife, he said: “You know that you don’t have to work because you are a smart girl”.

Yeah yeah I know

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking recently that where I live, things like IQ aren't well seen. It tends to be seen as arrogance and lack of consideration of people and then it is flagged as stupidity.
    For some reason, fixing an intellectual problem for someone is more likely to be seen as "kind" or "generous".

High EQ, and even being emotionally coercive make people get the "smart" compliment.
    Where tf do I live.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for some reason I think good grasp of ne and ti = intelligent. Intellect is more te/se/si.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most " intellectual" are usually N types , but you can see intellectual S types too

Intelligence depend on many things:
    Your experiences, your age, your knowledge, genes that you inherited from your mother etc

So it's not type related

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like who is the most "N+T" type. And some can be supremely intelligent but then some can also not know how to change a tire.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to be fair, considering that SLE is a holographical-panoramic type, but I'd argue that LSI might also be slightly above the odds here.
    LSI is very limited in knowledge affairs when it comes to their methodical approach in the managerial-administrative field, and this allows them to rigorously scan the information accumulated from the environment into a certain but also consistent basis for their intelligence.
    Hence then, I've merely discussed on how SLI is an intelligent when it comes to deconstructing a pile of constructions into small fragments before discerning those, or the way how LSI has an ability to construct knowledge, and extract it to its absolute state, or LSE in accumulating resource and working to its archetype practically yet people keep underestimating ST types when it comes to this "intelligence" perspective.

But well, the conclusion is, when it comes to intelligence, ST types seem better than NT since they are grounded by their linear-reasoning.
    Despite of the well-known fact that every person is intelligent on their own and it's just the matter of perception when it comes to this.
    Last edited by Metaphor; 09-23-2022 at 03:22 PM.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    Linking intelligence to type is more of an MBTI thing. N<S, T<F
    Also, here you are saying your supervisor is the most intelligent, and it seems to be a common thing to feel stupid in front of a supervisor.
    Ah, I didn't know that SLE is ILI's supervisor. I apologize for my ignorance here.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLEs might be smart like that, but then again they also tend to use their Se inappropriately in ways that get them into trouble and limit their personal freedoms which isn't very bright. Before people make fun of me, I'm not just talking about being sent to prison- it can be a lot more subtle and nuanced than that.

In a raw and pure way, I've always thought ILIs were the "Most inteligent" - as they seem the best at inferring things about others that they don't necessarily say or project - and their combination of 4D Ni & Fe polr helps them do this. Intelligence is often about knowing things other people don't, u see what is beyond the surface of everything and not just with the eyes of Karen. Yet their Fe polr is often shitty and self-defeating for them, as they won't simply be nice to a person even when it's in their own best interest and it would help them as well- so again, I think intelligence is highly overrated, as it seems like smart people are often the ones who do stupid things most often.

Truly smart people also completely remove themselves from the equation tbh, as arrogance is often the enemy of intelligence. You can't truly understand something new and report it accurately if u project ur own biases into the object instead of seeing it objectively. so many ESEs & SEIs are very smart to me whereas traditionally people often think that type isn't that smart probably if you look at things in a vacuum.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Each type can be "intelligent" in their own way. Intelligence simply means being skilled at using your IM elements according to your type.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IQ tests are heavily biased towards INxx types and in society there's this understanding that abstract thinking is the highest form of intelligence. I think there's just a wide variety of ways in which someone can be intelligent and I'm not really sure if there's a definite answer to this question. intuitive types are the inventors but if left on their own they will probably not really do all that well. society in the west is just very automated so sensing perception is not very valued at the moment (at least intellectually) but maybe it changes again in the future. life is too vague for me to give a definitive answer.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by get R View Post
    SEI
    needless to say: SEI women>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people have a sort of base line level of intelligence (let’s say IQ) but it can go up
    and down a bit, depending on your situation you find yourself in. Determined and practical people or people with a lot of support will therefore end up seeming more intelligent. Someone’s brain could be working very quickly, but to an outsider they might seem dumb/average because they haven’t developed the skills they need or challenged themselves to put their intelligence to practice. Having a partner, friends, other positive things in life can help you make sure you reach your potential level of intelligence, or near to your potential, or at least stay at the IQ level you had as a child/teen and not dip too far below. If you don’t feel challenged mentally, you’ll end up depressed and anxious so don’t give up trying to feel more intelligent if you think you are capable of more. But most people need assistance in helping them stay motivated and on task
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 11-06-2022 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bethany personally i think 1 of the smartest members here is you, even if you're not SEI
    Last edited by welcometomania; 11-30-2022 at 04:14 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by get R View Post
    @Bethany personally i think the smartest member here is you, even if you're not SEI
    thanks. When you do well at school it’s hard to shake off the feeling that you’re meant to be smart (everyone wants to be proud of some aspect of their personality) so it’s nice if someone else thinks it lol. I did well in some sort of IQ test at age 11 and I remember getting nearly full marks in my science exams at aged 16. But then depression interfered. Also I became enamoured with an IEI man who was really anti-education and stopped caring about learning so much. I couldn’t remember how to learn.. My ambitions are to get better at art (printmaking)- at least do a masters in it. I was just saying earlier in the week that I admire my SEI colleague- he seems really smart. I looked at his CV- he tried so many different things and went to uni later in life, eventually completing a PhD, some teaching, some research, other arty/ library things. Clearly feels the need to challenge himself intellectually but at the same time happy to learn things in a variety of fields. He is also very well-liked. Wisdom may bring more happiness than intelligence in the end. A full life is better than a successful one? Interestingly I think if I’d gone to a worse school, I might have actually ended up happier and more balanced. And maybe more successful. Kids need to feel proud of more than one aspect of their personality if they are going to feel confident in themselves as young adults.

but yeah I aspire to be like my SEI colleague- smart but equally nice as he is smart. More of a teacher than a researcher maybe
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 11-06-2022 at 12:05 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was tempted to delete the above post but I’ll leave it up
    in case someone finds it useful. Coz it’s true- depression rots your brain and I wouldn’t wish that on any shy, hardworking school kid

there are many intelligent people on this forum, I do not consider myself one of the smart ones. I don’t think someone needs to have superior intelligence to make useful contributions to this forum. I think the forum needed to be a bit more casual..obvs in the past it was intense which you can see from old posts. I think the best use of the forum is to help young people to navigate the sometimes murky world of socionics and it being a safe-ish space to talk about…life stuff

(edited)
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 11-08-2022 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast