Thread: LII-EII Business/Look-alike relations (INTj & INFj)

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LII-EII Business/Look-alike relations (INTj & INFj)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the name sounds like very nail on the head for this particular duo.

I suppose that they do not seem to get each other very well in certain situations. Normative relation of ethics (it is like logic for yes and no for operations) vs normative relation of logic (these are the rules I and maybe others should follow). I think this becomes more apparent when they converse online via introverted rationality.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

overall a good relation for me, but it's clear that we often realise that the other person doesn't aknowledge our opinions and proceeds to cling onto their own understanding. it doesn't bother me too much, though.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fairly comfortable relations, each one sees in the other a good person who genuinely wants what is best for others. Lack of dynamic impulse can give imbue this dyad with a kind of stasis where each one rarely takes initiative, and both end up wishing that they were more actively engaged in the relationship. EII is more often the initiator and more sociable partner, while LII is more often in a position to advise and consent, which they usually do helpfully.

Beneath the surface, LII can sense his partner silently judging moral character. Meanwhile EII feels their partner is intractably convinced of their own correctness, and not sufficiently yielding in communication.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get along well with most Delta NF (EII and IEE) people.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    the name sounds like very nail on the head for this particular duo.

I suppose that they do not seem to get each other very well in certain situations. Normative relation of ethics (it is like logic for yes and no for operations) vs normative relation of logic (these are the rules I and maybe others should follow). I think this becomes more apparent when they converse online via introverted rationality.
    Yeah, writing style and to some extent a general perspective is similar.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am LII and one of my best friends is EII. We share many interests but overall I am interested in a lot more things. I often introduce him to topics I newly discovered but he may not find them interesting. On the other hand he usually seek advices from me when he is making decisions.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

INFjs have felt like siblings with whom I don't share many common interests; several have been actually mistaken as my sibling. There seems to be definite meetings of minds when it comes to how we see the world and on this aspect, communication flows but the gap in rationalization is hugely apparent. We're two islands that appear alike from afar but our differences become very obvious as one draws nearer, and there not much trade between us. Even with physical attraction, romantic relationships seemed awkward at best and were stillborn; working relationships seemed excellent but then, we had rather distinct roles.......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my close friends is an LII. I like him a lot, we both can empathize with each other, particularly in how we are attracted to others.
    However, we clash in some important aspects. To him, people and morals is a very Ti realm, thus he puts a lot of people in boxes because of attitudes he views as "strictly" immoral, under his own, subjective perception; this however is enforced in a very Ti-absolutist way. He sees me as too much of an optimist regarding people. I see him as blinded by his own notions and "logic."
    Still we get each other, and talking to him about philosophy is very fun. However I prefer philosophy that can be applied (such as ethical philosophy) whereas he is much more into esoteric, metaphysical stuff. Hegel and the like, and so forth.
    It is always intellectually interesting conversations for me, but I have gotten very annoyed by how he treats people, or rather, how he expects people to be.
    I guess this account is highly personal, but hey.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are gonna come up with a bunch of great ideas, totally get each other's weird inside jokes. But they will not be able to motivate each other to do anything and they will not finish anything they start together. It will all be imagined and never actualized. They will also work well together if they are working towards the same objective concept but once their ideas become subjective they will start to work against each other and one's subjective vision will pull against and derail the other's.

Also debates about really silly things can happen, and they can be exhaustive. Circle jerking the same point over and over again with new words. LII might get more fulfillment out of the arguments and might be more competitive, EII might try to reach some understanding but fail because LII wants to win. EII might mistakenly accuse LII of being cold hearted from time to time until one day LII blows and and shows they are not.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 01-25-2020 at 04:07 AM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a couple of days ago I had a discussion about typologies with an EII friend. I told him the benefit of socionics, but he was convinced that horoscopes were the answer. was an interesting and polite discussion but of course we didn't get anywhere again.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    .......he puts a lot of people in boxes because of attitudes he views as "strictly" immoral, under his own, subjective perception..........He sees me as too much of an optimist regarding people. I see him as blinded by his own notions and "logic."
    .........whereas he is much more into esoteric, metaphysical stuff.......... but I have gotten very annoyed by how he treats people, or rather, how he expects people to be.......
    Your LII seems somewhat atypical. Normal LIIs tend to be objective about everything and everybody including themselves although blindness to things around them is often applicable; if you mean esoteric in a terse way then I would agree but a true belief in the metaphysical would seem odd (but not for an EII). Many LIIs tend to naively expect perfection from people but to treat people poorly points to other issues........

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Your LII seems somewhat atypical. Normal LIIs tend to be objective about everything and everybody including themselves although blindness to things around them is often applicable; if you mean esoteric in a terse way then I would agree but a true belief in the metaphysical would seem odd (but not for an EII). Many LIIs tend to naively expect perfection from people but to treat people poorly points to other issues........

a.k.a. I/O
    I think this LII is an ILI. Ni is usually interested in otherworldly and esoteric things. viewing something as immoral seems Fi valuing to me.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    I think this LII is an ILI......
    I tend to agree. ILIs often play silly-bugger feigning blindness for argument sake and many have tunnel vision refusing to acknowledge the perspectives of others especially those of an EII......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    I think this LII is an ILI. Ni is usually interested in otherworldly and esoteric things. viewing something as immoral seems Fi valuing to me.

Hmm, you might be right. You and I/O have raised interesting points here. But I still have a hard time seeing gamma values on this particular friend. He seems really receptive of FeSi rather than Se or Fi.... So that's why I go with LII for him. But I will reconsider and analyze his behavior whilst considering this perspective form now on. His attitudes also differ greatly from other gamma NT friends (I am very close to an LIE)

Still, I must say I think his interest in the esoteric has a certain Ti kind of focus rather than a Ni one, I think he wants to make sense of the world by categorizing it, incorporating that into a system of logic.
    That's what I get from him, anyway.

Also some aspects of morality, specially rule-based morality, is a very Ti area. Think of Kant and his categorical imperative. His principles don't show Fi at all, just trying to make a system out of moral categories (Ti)