Thread: INTj aversion to pain/suffering, and laziness

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTj aversion to pain/suffering, and laziness

It seems the maturity continuum shows itself very well here in INTjs. What do you think?

It is very easy (der) for an INTj to take the easiest course of action, and rationalize why they are being lazy. This thread is an offshoot of the INTj/Fitness one.

It seems like the real challenge for an INTj is being assertive and working hard. Figuring out how to motivate yourself properly is key.... and part of that is not 'waiting' for motivation, it is just doing it. I personally like setting up systems and schedules --- this seems to help me a lot. Like right now, I'm eating lunch, but after I'm done, it's work time.

I think an INTj setting up his own structure is very important. No one else can really do it, if it is true . So I would almost say that it is the INTjs responsability to clearly take time and set up things on his own, and not expect anyone to do it for him. Pretty obvious stuff that applies to everyone, but oh well.

Even more so, whatever it is, the INTj must figure out how to be consistent in getting things done, otherwise this could damage his psyche and foundation. Balance is essential... and I would suggest that 'getting things done' should be a very imporant part of the INTjs day. Actually seeing results and making progress in something. It is far too easy to just think all day long. BUt such a lifestyle would ultimately lead to ruin.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disorder Perspective

The personality disorder which is a pathological representation of the Idiosyncratic personality type is the Schizotypal Personality Disorder.

Basic belief: I need to consider only my own views; I must not be influenced by anyone. Thinking strategy Eccentric thinking.
    (From this site)

I definitely feel that way at times. I've never realized how much I write of other people's views automatically until about 8 months ago. Even now I get caught up in it.

Why that is here in this thread?
    I think an INTj can get so attached ot his own thoughts that 'doing something' that has to be done, because it's an external factor or influence, seems like "wow, look at this work I have to do, for this thing. I really don't care". ANd even a sense of subordination because you have to dosomething. So there can be all sorts of ego involved. INTjs have a lot of pride, even if it isn't apparent.

My best suggestion is try to live a life of contribution to society and the world around you. By consciously thinking about other people, it helps it to be less conceited, and less lost in the depths of . Everytype has something to offer, and INTjs ARE included in this. And even more so for INTjs is this important, because no one is going to make you think about other people. It's up to you to work for it. Though I think, ultimately, this can be a great sourceof motivation, which the INTj needs very much.

It may also lead to ESFjs, which might be a good thing for the INTj.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty good about being motivated to set up plans and schedules, but if I can't maintain my interest in the thing I scheduled I lose all motivation and desire of accomplishlement.
    I think my biggest problem is that I quickly get bored, especially if it's something I have to do, not to mention the hidden resentment involved.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEXUAL INTERCOURSE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    SEXUAL INTERCOURSE
    No thank you, I already had some today.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Basic belief: I need to consider only my own views; I must not be influenced by anyone. Thinking strategy Eccentric thinking.
    (From this site)

I definitely feel that way at times. I've never realized how much I write of other people's views automatically until about 8 months ago. Even now I get caught up in it.
    Agreed. For all decisions which I truly care about, I have to know, or at least self-decievingly convince myself, that the decision I make is a rational one that is not influenced by irrational external factors.

Why that is here in this thread?
    I think an INTj can get so attached ot his own thoughts that 'doing something' that has to be done, because it's an external factor or influence, seems like "wow, look at this work I have to do, for this thing. I really don't care". ANd even a sense of subordination because you have to dosomething. So there can be all sorts of ego involved. INTjs have a lot of pride, even if it isn't apparent.
    I can definately see the element of pride. "You mean I have to do something? This is a triffle affair interfering with what's important, so why do I have to do it?"

My best suggestion is try to live a life of contribution to society and the world around you. By consciously thinking about other people, it helps it to be less conceited, and less lost in the depths of .
    But by consciously thinking about other people and contributing to society, we also make assumptions as to how other people want to be treated and what is best for society, and we then rationalize ways to force our own moral code, views, and ideas upon others.

Everytype has something to offer, and INTjs ARE included in this. And even more so for INTjs is this important, because no one is going to make you think about other people.
    Thinking about other people is easy, but acting upon what we think about these other people in a manner which would be beneficial to society is something else entirely. What an INTj has to offer is exactly how the INTj operates as per usual: a set of ears, an open and analytical mind, and an answer which others may not have considered.

It's up to you to work for it. Though I think, ultimately, this can be a great sourceof motivation, which the INTj needs very much.

It may also lead to ESFjs, which might be a good thing for the INTj.
    The ESFj is the drive and the INTj is the direction. While ESFjs seem to be attracted to working, I do not know if work will lead to ESFjs. It is more probable that if you are in a group setting and you create the situation that requires a tremendous amount of work (and assuming there is indeed an ESFj in this group), the ESFj in the group will be obvious as they thrive in this work.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But by consciously thinking about other people and contributing to society, we also make assumptions as to how other people want to be treated and what is best for society, and we then rationalize ways to force our own moral code, views, and ideas upon others.
    I think that's fairly unavoidable for any person.

It is best to try to be as aware of that as possible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTj aversion to pain/suffering, and laziness

i actually rather disagree with this. as a child i was very resolute but i acquired many bad habits from a fucking brilliant istp that i knew. many times i disdain comfort? i tend naturally towards asceticism though. it seems like we need to deny ourselves the "fluff" so that we don't turn into lazy sacks of shit? when i get too into this though i appreciate the isfps who drag me out of it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    i actually rather disagree with this. as a child i was very resolute but i acquired many bad habits from a fucking brilliant istp that i knew. many times i disdain comfort? i tend naturally towards asceticism though. it seems like we need to deny ourselves the "fluff" so that we don't turn into lazy sacks of shit? when i get too into this though i appreciate the isfps who drag me out of it
    Ugh Completely agree. If my willpower is strong enough, i.e. found a convincing reason, I'm pretty good about denying myself something. Comfort does indeed breed laziness for me.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, nobody knows how to use their Role function in the correct "amount." And being IP wouldn't help.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    Yeah, nobody knows how to use their Role function in the correct "amount." And being IP wouldn't help.
    Hush you!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^.^
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems the maturity continuum shows itself very well here in INTjs. What do you think?

It is very easy (der) for an INTj to take the easiest course of action, and rationalize why they are being lazy. This thread is an offshoot of the INTj/Fitness one.

It seems like the real challenge for an INTj is being assertive and working hard. Figuring out how to motivate yourself properly is key.... and part of that is not 'waiting' for motivation, it is just doing it. I personally like setting up systems and schedules --- this seems to help me a lot. Like right now, I'm eating lunch, but after I'm done, it's work time.

I think an INTj setting up his own structure is very important. No one else can really do it, if it is true . So I would almost say that it is the INTjs responsability to clearly take time and set up things on his own, and not expect anyone to do it for him. Pretty obvious stuff that applies to everyone, but oh well.

Even more so, whatever it is, the INTj must figure out how to be consistent in getting things done, otherwise this could damage his psyche and foundation. Balance is essential... and I would suggest that 'getting things done' should be a very imporant part of the INTjs day. Actually seeing results and making progress in something. It is far too easy to just think all day long. BUt such a lifestyle would ultimately lead to ruin.
    Bhagavad-Gita, chapter 4 verse 20: After giving up attachment for fruitive results, always satisfied, indifferent to external phenomenon; he in spite of being engaged in activities does not do anything at all.

The notion of action is interesting, and it seems that problems with action arrise from a false dichotomy between doing and thinking. Through understanding comes action. If understanding is present, it is impossible not to act. Understanding implies an inevitable action.

The inverse is true as well. Through right action, understanding and knowledge is present. While the action is being performed, no "fruitive results" are sought, only understanding. The Hindu tradition would say that "I do not do the action". The "qualities of nature" do the action instead.

For the INTj who gains satisfaction from understanding, action need not be excluded.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good. There was a lot in my Eastern Philosophy course that I enjoyed, and that points at some of it. I agree. I like, and I will seek to keep it in mind.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    Hush you!

*beckons oy to come to gamma*
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*plugs ears with fingers and closes eyes