Thread: Good Omens / Bad Omens

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good Omens / Bad Omens

I have noticed that, as i get older, I pay more and more attention to the way something (an interaction, an event, any beginning, really) starts. Like, did someone introduce themselves to me *properly*? Did they display the best of their intention (from what little i can tell)? If i move to a new place/town, did everything go in order ( was it a smooth beginning?) etc. If something was 'off' in the introduction/beginning/w/e then i take that as some sort of sign (lol "omen" is a bit of a stretch, but i think it's ok as far as conveying the idea) that things are not right, and that maybe i should not pursue this person/circumstance, or smth like it.

Do you pay attention to the way something begins to unfold? Is it anything related to socionics? I don't think it's superstition, tho i could be wrong lol. Thanks.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't tend to think that way at all. Life is just what it is to me.

Of course I pick up cues from my environment -- if something seems wrong, I'll often notice, but I don't take it as a sign of luck or fortune.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do pay attention to ‘signs’ and always have.
    Often I will take things as warnings on whether to proceed or not for I am after a positive outcome.
    In life’s current issue despite some seemingly negative signals, when viewing/considering/ thinking over the entire picture which includes dreams, just knowing, interactions, other people’s lives, legalities and so on, that to proceed is the best outcome.
    I can go into details if you like or leave it at that.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Absolutely, and more often than not, they mean something. There are people that don't see that sort of thing at all and there are people who can see which way the wind blows, and it's easy to see in their writing or communication. I think you get better at it just from experience, effectively testing hypotheses and adjusting based on them. But some people are deaf to certain inputs which is where you see people who can see the direction something is going in one area and act obvious to others.

You have to make sure there's a direct cause and not just the moon being blue the night before.
    Last edited by ouronis; 06-14-2019 at 03:14 AM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think a lot of ppl gets more selective as they get older. Its pretty natural to recognize patterns or already known roads, so its kinda natural to learning what we want and what want to avoid with age.

I suppose this would appear more in Fi/Te valuing quadras since attention to facts and practicality, plus ethics of relations. If you think about it, not being able to learn from previous experiences is quite unpractical, so I suppose growing up some expectations its kinda normal. Fi is pretty much about observing if others are being nice or proper with us in 1x1 interactions. I know Fi ppl who pays a lot of attention to others behaving ethically with them. And yes, they seem to go full into that as the grow older. In certain sense, they become more selective or picky about with who they interact with. Fi is about decisions and feelings, like planed behavior and reasoning about it, its contrary to Fe which is simply experiencing the moment or enjoying with the emotional atmosphere or being led by emotion (and often that's enough to fix relations and without requiring previous/ further self improvement of relational ethics).
    Its quite interesting to observe Fi/Fe ppl, because we can see the distinction clearly, according Fe ppl, its not their job to take care about how ethical/unethical is their own behavior toward other, its other's job, as is to rise one's voice to express concerns and if necessary fight to win rights. On the other side, Fi ppl is pretty much about being not spontaneous but paying attention about how own and others behavior affects. Its putting oneself in the shoes of others and expecting others to do the same. The work then, its not so much about changing others but changing own self and this is the responsibility of every person in the world (if they attempt to have a relation).
    Last edited by Hope; 06-14-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do this as well, but usually find it hard to know what those signs mean without getting more involved. It's usually easier to trust my instincts about those signs instead - they've been honed over many centuries of evolution and life experience to know things before the cognitive mind does.
    Androgynous Robot Dreamer - Not really human, but good at pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    blame the merry quadras

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm sure I react to this on some level (ie if someone is rude the first time I meet them, I'll continue to be more negatively inclined towards them) but I don't pay attention or consciously alter my attitude based on beginnings that seem bad or expect them to influence the future in unforeseen ways. Seems a little Ni. Maybe I should.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im more interested in the superstition part of it, because that's where the unconscious can break through. I try to pay attention to synchronicities etc.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll Lynx View Post
    I think a lot of ppl gets more selective as they get older. Its pretty natural to recognize patterns or already known roads, so its kinda natural to learning what we want and what want to avoid with age.

I suppose this would appear more in Fi/Te valuing quadras since attention to facts and practicality, plus ethics of relations. If you think about it, not being able to learn from previous experiences is quite unpractical, so I suppose growing up some expectations its kinda normal. Fi is pretty much about observing if others are being nice or proper with us in 1x1 interactions. I know Fi ppl who pays a lot of attention to others behaving ethically with them. And yes, they seem to go full into that as the grow older. In certain sense, they become more selective or picky about with who they interact with. Fi is about decisions and feelings, like planed behavior and reasoning about it, its contrary to Fe which is simply experiencing the moment or enjoying with the emotional atmosphere or being led by emotion (and often that's enough to fix relations and without requiring previous/ further self improvement of relational ethics).
    Its quite interesting to observe Fi/Fe ppl, because we can see the distinction clearly, according Fe ppl, its not their job to take care about how ethical/unethical is their own behavior toward other, its other's job, as is to rise one's voice to express concerns and if necessary fight to win rights. On the other side, Fi ppl is pretty much about being not spontaneous but paying attention about how own and others behavior affects. Its putting oneself in the shoes of others and expecting others to do the same. The work then, its not so much about changing others but changing own self and this is the responsibility of every person in the world (if the attempt to have a relation).
    Everyone has a standard for what they think of as "right" behavior. Quadra values are essentially a kind of moral code based on valued information elements.

That said, I think most people get pickier as they get older and they realize what they like and dislike about other people. In cases where people grow up in a uniform same quadra environment, they probably develop this pickiness pretty young, but don't realize it because they don't have contrary examples to contrast what they experience daily.

People born in out-of-quadra environments have a longer discovery period, the length of which is dictated by a number of factors, including how immersed they were in an opposing or adjacent quadra.

My own childhood was distinctly lacking in Ne or Si. And yes, it did fuck me up hella bad. Not only that, but I'm still trying to figure out a way out. It's hard to escape when your strengths have been undermined your whole life and you face opposition on a daily basis to any plans you'd like to form. And perhaps a desire to "keep" you from leaving, too. Hmm. Anyway.

I have had some dual experiences, but I think they weren't that strong, because I couldn't relate to the duals I met due to intellectual differences, not type-related stuff. So while I did hang out with them, I never actually felt all that connected to them. I can confirm, though, that some interactions I've had with LSEs have been so smooth that it was like, "How was that so easy?" Contrarily, I've also had some difficult LSE times when they seemed like they just wanted to be angry, ornery, and argue about stuff.

I only noticed the smoothness I had with Deltas as an adult, and it's taken me a long time to identify it and separate it so that I saw the pattern. I've noticed my behavior tends to be uncannily natural in ways that I've never known before and which is still quite rare for me. It kinda makes me feel bad because I don't know what I've missed out on lol. My entire life has been nothing but pushing and I'm tired and worn out.

My youth was one set of Beta P parents thinking something was terribly wrong with me, so they consistently took me to a Beta P psychologist. I kid you not.

I stayed in a Gamma J foster home for a little while. Man. Three hots and a cot. Life was really regimented and empty.

I moved with a Beta J and Gamma J set of parents, both of whom were as biological as the first set, and experienced a mixed degree of lifeless dreariness with a mediocre comfort and absolute terror.

I'm not sure how I was born into such a cohesive anti-Si environment, but it happened!
    Last edited by Aramas; 06-14-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I have noticed that, as i get older, I pay more and more attention to the way something (an interaction, an event, any beginning, really) starts. Like, did someone introduce themselves to me *properly*? Did they display the best of their intention (from what little i can tell)? If i move to a new place/town, did everything go in order ( was it a smooth beginning?) etc. If something was 'off' in the introduction/beginning/w/e then i take that as some sort of sign (lol "omen" is a bit of a stretch, but i think it's ok as far as conveying the idea) that things are not right, and that maybe i should not pursue this person/circumstance, or smth like it.

Do you pay attention to the way something begins to unfold? Is it anything related to socionics? I don't think it's superstition, tho i could be wrong lol. Thanks.
    Its related to Ne.

Jk