Thread: EIE, LSI, SEE, or ESI?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default EIE, LSI, SEE, or ESI?

I used to be best friends with this person in the past, but we fell out with each other.
    I want to figure out her type, as I’ve been thinking of patching up this friendship lately and if I know which type she is I’d be able to understand her better and communicate better with her.

Some stuff about her:
    - She’s quite loud and she has the ability to attract attention everywhere she goes, especially with her loud ways of laughing.
    - She tends to attract the opposite gender quite easily, as she has quite a good figure (sensing type??)
    - She has many friends, she makes friends quite easily everywhere she goes, and she tends to value quantity more than quality.
    - She’s quite tomboyish in her mannerisms and not very feminine
    - Is very into materialistic stuff. Must often buy the latest branded clothes and bags
    - Quite stubborn and hot-headed. Often has many strong opinions about people and things.
    If she dislikes someone, she can dislike them for a long time, for years etc. Has the ability to hold grudges for long periods of time, and she would often brag about her ability to hold grudges.
    - A good talker but a bad listener. Often interrupt people mid-way during conversations.
    During a typical conversation with her, she can often spend hours talking about her romantic interest. If you try talking about yourself, she will direct back the conversation onto herself and you find yourself unable to get any words in.
    - Can be quite harsh and critical and emotionally volatile during arguments. If you have a disagreement with her, she will start flaring up her temper and all sorts of harsh words would start coming out from her. She would lash out at you with a bunch of hurtful criticisms and she would start to list out all your flaws one by one.
    - Has high expectations of her close friends. If you’re her close friend, she expects you to reply all her texts on time, even during those times when you’re depressed and didn’t have energy to respond to texts. Or else she will start getting upset with you.
    - She tends to have different reactions when she’s hurt by you and when she’s mad at you.
    She will withdraw from you and cut you off whenever her feelings are hurt by you (is this Fi?), and she will lash out at you and start to say all sorts of harsh words toward you when she is mad at you (is this Fe or is this Se?)
    - She’s rarely the sort who apologizes. If you have a disagreement with her, you have to be the one to reach out and apologise to her, because she will never reach out and apologise, she tends to value her pride higher than her friendships.
    - Doesn’t like talking much about topics such as astrology. When I tried discussing with her about astrology in the past, she told me that she finds me boring whenever I talk about astrology.

Which type does she sound like? EIE, LSI, SEE, or ESI? I managed to narrow down her type to these four types, but I can’t figure out which of these four types she is? Help??

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Definitely extroverted. I agree with @ooo. Probably SEE of the types mentioned. EIE and SLE seem like they could also be possibilities.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Soul View Post
    - She tends to attract the opposite gender quite easily, as she has quite a good figure (sensing type??)
    No, this is not indicative of being a sensing type.

Something that might help you type her (if you start seeing her again) would be to try to understand or just ask her for the reasons why she does these things, surface level behaviors aren't going to be necessarily indicative of any cognitive function.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    No, this is not indicative of being a sensing type.

Something that might help you type her (if you start seeing her again) would be to try to understand or just ask her for the reasons why she does these things, surface level behaviors aren't going to be necessarily indicative of any cognitive function.
    About her motivations behind her behavior, she has mentioned to me before that there was once when she tried wearing a low-cut top around the guy she likes because she wanted to attract his attention. Which type is most likely to do this? Aggressor type?

But I also seemed to see some victim tendencies in her.
    When she likes a guy, her behaviors around him tends to be quite confusing. She would act really coldly toward him, she would ignore the guy she likes and she would try to have a poker face around him and she would just walk straight past him without talking to him, and yeah she would also dress in some flirty clothes around him to attract his attention.
    And this is also why I considered EIE as one of her possible types, since EIE is a victim type and she also strikes me as more of a J type than a P type, she can be quite inflexible in her opinions at times and she rarely change her mind about things which doesn't seem very P to me. She also seems more ethical than logical, she tends to have quite a sensitive nature to her and gets offended quite easily.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of the types you named, SEE is most likely.

I can find EXFp pretty inflexible, by the way. Re SEEs in particular, I know one who’s pretty easygoing, but several who are incredibly hard to convince to change their minds about anything. I don’t necessarily think stubbornness or intractability means J.

I take J as linearity in thought and movement—an organizing pattern.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Of the types you named, SEE is most likely.

I can find EXFp pretty inflexible, by the way. Re SEEs in particular, I know one who’s pretty easygoing, but several who are incredibly hard to convince to change their minds about anything. I don’t necessarily think stubbornness or intractability means J.

Hmm but socionics seemed to associate inflexibility with J types. This website here says that rational types are more rigid and stubborn than irrational types.
    https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/dichotomies/jp

And she does appear quite rigid and stubborn to me. She can hold the same opinion about people for years. Creative Fi in SEEs doesn't work this way. SEEs tend to change their feelings about people all the time, they will be BFF with someone one day and then become acquaintances with the same person the next day and then become BFF back with the person again another day, this is how creative Fi works in SEEs, I think.
    Her movements also aren't very gentle either. She tends to walk really fast and her movements appear quite stiff to me, seems more J than P to me.

If she's a gamma SF, I think maybe ESI-Se would be more fitting for her type, as compared to SEE.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I think this is true. P is more inclined to lateral movement, less openly ''algorithmic''. Rationality/irrationality seems to refer to some structural consistency in the way that one exists in the world.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I seen close to such behaviour in two female LSEs.....

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I seen close to such behaviour in two female LSEs.....

a.k.a. I/O
    Do LSE females tend to act that way? The ones that I know, they tend to strike me as quite businesslike/formal/reserved/unemotional/has a gruff air around them.
    She's a bit too....fun-loving for an LSE.

Oh and I forget to mention earlier, she's the one who approached me for friendship last time. She really went all the way out to befriend me too. We're in different classes, but she would always make sure to wait for me outside my classroom every day. Then before lessons starts every day, she would come over to my class and look for me too. Then during school breaks, she would also come over to my classroom and wait for me.
    Outside school, she would text me all the time. And she would also invite me to hang out with her outside school all the time. She told me that I'm her BFF.

LSEs are logical types, I'm not sure if they will be people-oriented until this extent. She's a bit too people-oriented for a logical type like LSE.

I'm currently leaning toward Fi base for her type, ESI-Se for her type..

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Hermit Soul There's a lot of contributing factors to behaviour other than type and I've seen quite a few young (and one or two immature) LSEs with party like personas. But, you are in a much better position to determine her type because what I have to work with is someone else's interpretations of her behaviour......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI-Se are not loud and attention seeking...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    ESI-Se are not loud and attention seeking...
    But if she isn't ESI-Se, then which type is she? I still doubt that she's SEE, because she described a mutual ILI acquaintance as "boring to talk to" despite how they've interacted many times with each other, so I'm really unable to see them as duals. If she's an SEE, wouldn't she be fascinated with ILIs and find them interesting to talk to? But she says that whenever she is talking to the ILI mutual acquaintance, the ILI doesn't give much feedback and would only speak a few words, and because of this reason, she finds the ILI mutual acquaintance "boring to talk to". She seems to require constant feedback whenever she's talking to people, and this makes me think her dual is an extrovert. She was expecting the ILI mutual acquaintance to act like her dual and give her constant feedback, and when the ILI failed to do so, she started viewing the ILI as "boring".

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, but ESI-Se doesn't seem to fit her description, she sheems extroverted

loud, attention seeking, easily making friends and valuing more quantity than quality, hot headed and volatile...this seems a ExFx type to me, quite clearly...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Maybe Ne polr makes her especially myopic but I never see other introverts as boring when their quietness is relatable. At worst I think conversation is awkward because of mutual problems.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Maybe Ne polr makes her especially myopic but I never see other introverts as boring when their quietness is relatable. At worst I think conversation is awkward because of mutual problems.
    Hmmmm or maybe extroversion would fit her more, because she has always valued popularity a lot.

I doubt an introverted type would even care about popularity. She probably haven't dualised with the ILI yet hence she finds the ILI boring.

I was also thinking about my intertype with her. She reminds me a lot of my dual bf, she gives me the same exact feeling as him, I noticed how I enjoyed being around her and talking to her all the time.
    The only difference between both of them is, I don't fight much with my dual bf, but with her, we would fight and then patch up with each other and then fight and then patch up with each other again. So one moment we can be extremely close friends with each other, then the next moment we start fighting with each other and become strangers, and then we start becoming really close again, and then start fighting again. Now that I think about this again, she seems like my semi-dual, our close friendship is really passionate and we have that moth-to-flame effects, so maybe she is SEE afterall.

We have been close friends for 5 years, and I think we have fought at least 10 times and we have patched up with each other 9 times, and it was always me who did the apologizing.
    The last time we fought with each other, I got too lazy to apologise to her and years ended up passing by.

Anyway, I think I'll be patching up this friendship with her again. Now that I have a dual beside me, I think I have a much better communication skills as compared to before, so I'd probably be able to communicate better with her, as she will be communicating with the new dualized version of me.
    I'll be writing a 1000-word apology email to her. Hopefully we can become best friends back again.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are you doing this after 10 times lol I hope she at least pays for everything when you're together

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Why are you doing this after 10 times lol I hope she at least pays for everything when you're together
    Because she values her pride too much and if I didn't make the first move to apologise this connection would end up slipping away because she will never make the first move to apologise and the cold war between us will probably end up going on forever..

And she hadn't paid for everything when we're together, but she would remember my birthday every year and she would also buy presents for me all the time, and she's quite a reliable friend too, she's always there for me when I need her. Of all the friends I've ever had, she's the most reliable friend I ever had..?

Her only flaw is she has too much pride and she likes holding grudges too much, lol.