Thread: Sedecology, a social network for typology

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sedecology, a social network for typology

After a long wait, Sedenology — now known as Sedecology — is back!

Sedecology is a social network for typology, where you can type famous people, fictional characters, and people you know, and compare your typings with your friends. It supports Socionics, MBTI, and Enneagram.

The new url is www.sedecology.com, and the code to sign up is ModelACube.

You no longer need to log in with Facebook. (Not only is Facebook sketchy when it comes to privacy, an update on their side broke the log in.) However, it is still strongly recommended to at least provide your forum alias after signing up, so that people can type you.

If you were already a member, you should have received a new username and password via email (at the email you were using for Facebook at the time). Make sure to check your spam inbox, and mark the message as not-spam if necessary.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the good would be to add types in current popular networks: general as fb or dating specialized. where are millions of users already
    needs to find ways how to add that

the largest in Russia is vk.com
    there is an inner app for types (supported by 3rd party owner). but better there was a custom field with multiple variables support or special Jung types field

"It supports Socionics, MBTI"

it's the same typology in 2 descriptions

to make new sites specially for types is doubtful way. not enough people know about them.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol the purpose of the site is not only to label yourself, it's to discuss typings. A dating site would not be suitable for that. And I have no intention of making it any more dependent on Facebook than it was before.

And I'll have you know, site activity is booming right now, and that's only with socionics people.

Even if you think MBTI and socionics are the same, lots of people don't, and it's not the purpose of the site to make a statement on that. I'm going to include tritypes at some point even though I think they're complete nonsense. But please, don't derail the thread ( @FreelancePoliceman as well).

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I'm going to include tritypes at some point even though I think they're complete nonsense.
    Lol, thanks for including them though. Why do you think tritypes are nonsense? I think they add a nice amount of nuance to the enneagram which the basic type doesn't capture. Ofc, the enneagram in general isn't very rigorous; I prefer Socionics too, if that's what you mean. However, with where it's at, I think tritypes can be useful.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Varlawend View Post
    Lol, thanks for including them though. Why do you think tritypes are nonsense? I think they add a nice amount of nuance to the enneagram which the basic type doesn't capture. Ofc, the enneagram in general isn't very rigorous; I prefer Socionics too, if that's what you mean. However, with where it's at, I think tritypes can be useful.
    You and your "nuances"

The Enneagram is a shaky foundation, the correct course of action is to try and fix that before building more things on top of it.

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You and your "nuances"

The Enneagram is a shaky foundation, the correct course of action is to try and fix that before building more things on top of it.
    It is true, I do love nuance. Maybe a little too much.

The Enneagram is a spiritual symbol and tradition at heart. I'm not sure how well I understand it. The typology, like Socionics, has many voices, but there are people doing interesting things with it, like Katherine Fauvre (including connecting it with microexpressions and other visual signs), and she is the one that came up with tritype in its current form (although trifix may have existed long before her, and has to do with one's type in each "Center"). She claims to have done a lot of research on the Enneagram; I assume she's telling the truth. But you might take issue with her research. Still, it might be worth learning about. I'm no expert just yet.
    Last edited by Varlawend; 06-10-2019 at 06:33 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

so in many cases there this thingy where people have found relationship between Fibonacci numbers and petals of various flowers... ok that seems to be countable and there exists similar occurrences in various fields however enneagram relies on something like there is enneagram and everything is supposed to be one type through something... maybe I should say discretization method [as traits are multidimensional and from quite unimaginable blob and in the end that is projected onto two dimensional plane with nice regularly placed points, I find this quite funny] that seems to be quite undocumented, lol. Not that socionics is hugely better...
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the purpose of the site is not only to label yourself, it's to discuss typings
    What Socionics needs is a big database of people with identified types. A big social network where people know about types and may use them. Application: researches, marriages, self-development, types study.

To discuss typings there are forums. Also there is no good objective basis to discuss typings, - too much of subjectivity in the process. There is too much of intuitive and speculative approach + the lack of trusty and enough data in offline typing what makes discussions rather useless from objective point.

The more acceptable way than discussions is to give people a tests, where it's possibly. There are different tests today, including my raw IR test.
    For famouses it's hard to do. To some degree, types of famouses mb checked with average accuracy and indirrectly by inputing them in IR tests.

As to discuss typing. This will be more a play in words to convince someone, than objectively useful talking. Objectivity is needed higher to discuss something. With average typing match of alike 17% in IRL interviews the objectivity is evident to be low.
    At 1st you need to gather people with good typing matches at least. Blind/real/independent matches. Only then you'll have a possibility to discuss with them typing. This still may to have a lack of objectivity, but at least in those group people will have a consensus of typing approach.
    So if you want discussions - at 1st makes experiments to find people with good typing matches by the methods you plan to use in your discussions. I suspect you'll get hard troubles to find at least 3 humans who have typing matches between them >75% on >=10 persons.

In other case it will be another talkings for talkings about types. Check real typing matches after those talkings to see the progress, - the practical sense of those discussions, the improvement of typing matches. At now all typers pairs seems to have <40% of real typing matches. Those typers have no basis to understand each other, they may study nothing from discussions.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    At 1st you need to gather people with good typing matches at least. Blind/real/independent matches. Only then you'll have a possibility to discuss with them typing. This still may to have a lack of objectivity, but at least in those group people will have a consensus of typing approach.
    So if you want discussions - at 1st makes experiments to find people with good typing matches by the methods you plan to use in your discussions. I suspect you'll get hard troubles to find at least 3 humans who have typing matches between them >75% on >=10 persons.
    Sedecology has already been used for benchmarks with minimum 3 typings and 75% convergence, with far, far in excess of 10 people in the results. Several hundred actually.

It turns out when you exclude people who use VI and don't understand Model A you can get pretty good convergence

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I joined as theperpetualnow

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Troll Nr 007 @golden @india @ooo @Tallmo @Aramas @Uncle Ave

you guys may be interested in this, also everyone who wanted to join before but didn't want to use Facebook:

@Persephone @Pallas @The Exception @mclane @GuavaDrunk @ghost of forum past @LuckyOne

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, Enneagram instincts have been implemented, and wings are in the works.

Plus, there is a feature that shows which people are the most commonly typed on the site.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo

you guys may be interested in this, also everyone who wanted to join before but didn't want to use Facebook:
    I don't think I can take any more distractions if I am supposed to have any real life. This forum is more than enough.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I don't think I can take any more distractions if I am supposed to have any real life. This forum is more than enough.
    Fair enough! I will note however that it's intended to be a more serious kind of forum (and it is, due to how it's structured).

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sedecology.com is full of fake socionics (here too thanks to Ausra lackeys like hotelambush and migraters from bullshit socionics society). All anti-VI, anti-reinin, anti-Jung socionic defilers will love it on sedecology.com.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Sedecology.com is full of fake socionics (here too thanks to Ausra lackeys like hotelambush and migraters from bullshit socionics society). All anti-VI, anti-reinin, anti-Jung socionic defilers will love it on sedecology.com.
    The site can be used for any interpretation of socionics that you like. You can even choose to hide all of our activity and start your own cult there

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a way to retrieve a forgotten password?

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are either a certain type or you are not, there is no "voting" system as if in a democratic election. You don't say that if 7 out 10 people vote on a certain type, then that makes it 70% likely that the typing is correct or something like that. In reality, someone is a certain type or isn't. There is no such "probability" in real life. You are not "70%" something, and that literally makes no sense.

That's why in actual science, you have a theory, and then virtually anyone can contribute to it by criticizing the theory - even a hobo on the street can do it. And all the scientists will, and indeed must, take it seriously if the criticism proves to be fatal. You can't just ignore it and push it aside because it's minority opinion. Because again, something either is, or isn't.

If 3 out of 10 people criticize the typing, then that criticism must be taken seriously. If ignored because of majority voting, then you'd be ignoring reality.

You don't have a voting system that have all the scientists taking a poll and saying that a theory is 70% likely to be correct - that is pure nonsense. There is no such thing.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    Is there a way to retrieve a forgotten password?
    I'm working on it, but for now I can PM/email you a new password if you need it.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm working on it, but for now I can PM/email you a new password if you need it.
    yeah that would be good, thanks

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    yeah that would be good, thanks
    ok, you should have received an email with your password.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, you should have received an email with your password.
    Thanks

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.sedecology.com/lists/14

I added a bunch of people from the16types to sedecology, join to type them

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, if you join make sure to let me know so I can merge your subject if it exists already. If there isn't already a subject for you then you don't have to, but it would help confirm your identity.
    Last edited by Exodus; 09-29-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The site will be more interesting if you'll make an access to opinions about types for non-registered ones. The should be tables with who and to what typed a "famous" one.

Also the idea to gather random noobs opinions about types is doubtful. More so for famouses, which are harder to be typed than people you know IRL. Especially when those are politicians and actors which have "images" as from actors' roles. About the ones lived long ago and which is known a few - is doubtful to type at all. Besides noobs' lower typing skills, they have high conformism and what may falsely push higher the before existed opinions.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Hotel could provide an option to let people choose whether they want to be visible by unregistered users or not in the future (if it's ever going to be available publicly like that).
    I have been considering doing that for a long time, and have recently taken steps to make it possible.

What do other people think about it?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also, if you join make sure to let me know so I can merge your subject if it exists already. If there isn't already a subject for you then you don't have to, but it would help confirm your identity.
    I joined a while back. Not sure there is already a subject for me, outside of my own profile.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I joined a while back. Not sure there is already a subject for me, outside of my own profile.
    I don't believe there is a duplicate, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    @thehotelambush if you could add more sciences (from more 'hard' to more 'soft') over time, that would be great (no pun intended). Like, I see management science, behavioral economics, economic psychology and statistics as very Te fields, but those are fairly specific and definitely not just 'math'. And some fields, like psychology, are rather difficult to type 'overall' as there are multiple Ti and Te niches in them.

(also up above post where I didn't ping you)
    You can add them manually and I will import them if necessary.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw: Enneagram wings have been in place for a while now. I also recently added psychosophy.

TIM
    Intuitive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to create an account in order to see your stuff. Why? It seems desperate.