Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 55

Thread: IEI men going for IEI women

  1. #1
    xerxe xerxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ministry of Love
    Posts
    6,358
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default IEI men going for IEI women

    Has anyone else noticed this: an IEI guy is attracted to an IEI girl only to be completely shot down? Presumably, this is because he doesn't satisfy the masculine criteria she wants from an SLE, but I don't want to get too psychoanalytical. I've seen it happen a lot that I'm starting to wonder if there's a pattern if they have some systematic attraction to their identicals.
    Last edited by xerxe; 06-09-2019 at 05:57 AM. Reason: changed "if there's a pattern" to something more specific

  2. #2
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    6,189
    Mentioned
    718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Immature people are attracted to types who are similar to themselves. If you need validation, you can get it this way.

    If you need help doing things that are hard, then duals are better.

    FWIW, I like to talk with an LIE female whom I know. I think I'd also like to have sex with her, but that's just because she and I have similar solutions to all the problems we talk about, and it might be interesting to watch how I'd be as a female. Lol. I'm pretty sure we would not find each other interesting after we've taught each other everything we know.

    We can exchange information perfectly, but from an operations standpoint, we can't really cover each other's weaknesses.

  3. #3
    Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Europe
    TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Posts
    7,968
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

    Default

    Based on the people I know, most IEI men end up happily with fellow IEI women (if they do end up with them).

    And it's true that Beta ST women tend to prefer fellow Beta ST men over Beta NF guys and end up happily with those (if they do).
    It's a number's game but also like you said, they don't find Beta NF men "masculine" enough.

    There are societal or other (i.e biological?) expectations which make many women choose personality types they deem more "masculine" over those they are technically better matches with in Socionics. Many or most heterosexual women prefer being more feminine than their partner or at least just as feminine as them. Most ST women feel too masculine with an NF guy, so they tend to prefer fellow STs or an NT instead.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 06-09-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

    *********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"



  4. #4
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know two very attractive IEIs who married; in their spare time, he's a power lifter and she's obsessive about cross-fit. The primary glue for their relationship seems to be that one supports the image of the other. However, she gets annoyed at his inability to stay on a budget even though he's highly educated. I found this amusing because she (a banker) would have gone bankrupt ten years ago if it weren't for her father bailing her out. She also complains that he's so messy; yet, I heard that when she visits her father's home, one cannot see her bedroom floor because of strewn clothes. They decided to have trendy dogs - instead of children.....

    a.k.a. I/O

  5. #5
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I found this amusing because she (a banker) would have gone bankrupt ten years ago if it weren't for her father bailing her out.
    LOL, pretty much all bankers would be bankrupt without being bailed out.


  6. #6
    ТРВЕ КВЛТ Armalite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,100
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I personally disagree with the idea of duality, I find it a bit too idealistic and out of touch with reality, in which not only the core personality is an important factor in initiating relationships, but also time and place, values, previous experiences, opportunities, background, interests etc. I was in a 5 year relationship with an IEI girl. I was not shot down by her however. In fact she had been crushing on me for a whole year before we even started talking.

    I also would not say that I as an IEI man am that feminine. I mean sure, I'm probably more open about my feelings than many other men, and I tend to not be very drawn to competitive sports or whatever, I'm also not very assertive, but that is more out of choice than it is out of fear. I don't have a fragile sense of my own masculinity, thus I am not afraid to show sides of me that in other people's eyes would compromise it. I'm also baby faced and unable to grow a beard which I suppose makes me look less masculine hah.

    Anyways, me and this IEI girl ended up feeling like we had a lot in common. We had never felt such a connection to anyone in our lives before. Everything I said, was things she had thought, and vice versa. Our relationship was great in the beginning, and I was happy to play the role of the 'masculine' provider and tower of safety, and she was receptive to it as well.

    I think what caused us problems was the fact that we were too similar. In regards to practical and Se matters, this was a huge problem. We broke up and she is now in a relationship with an in my eyes overly self-sacrifical and accommodating IEE. Based on the fact that she was attracted to me, and now is attracted to this guy, it does in fact seem like she is attracted to more 'feminine' looking and skinny, I suppose artistic guys. Creativity and sharing that creativity in a relationship is a huge deal for her, as it is for me.

    Not type-related imo.
    Last edited by Armalite; 06-09-2019 at 09:42 AM.

  7. #7
    ТРВЕ КВЛТ Armalite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,100
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Based on the people I know, most IEI men end up happily with fellow IEI women (if they do end up with them).

    And it's true that Beta ST women tend to prefer fellow Beta ST men over Beta NF guys and end up happily with those (if they do).
    It's a number's game but also like you said, they don't find Beta NF men "masculine" enough.

    There are societal or other (i.e biological?) expectations which make many women choose personality types they deem more "masculine" over those they are technically better matches with in Socionics. Many or most heterosexual women prefer being more feminine than their partner or at least just as feminine as them. Most ST women feel too masculine with an NF guy, so they tend to prefer fellow STs or an NT instead.
    Ime, Beta NF women tend to be super feminine so it's not very hard to be more masculine than them lol.

  8. #8
    Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Europe
    TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Posts
    7,968
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I know two very attractive IEIs who married; in their spare time, he's a power lifter and she's obsessive about cross-fit. The primary glue for their relationship seems to be that one supports the image of the other. However, she gets annoyed at his inability to stay on a budget even though he's highly educated. I found this amusing because she (a banker) would have gone bankrupt ten years ago if it weren't for her father bailing her out. She also complains that he's so messy; yet, I heard that when she visits her father's home, one cannot see her bedroom floor because of strewn clothes. They decided to have trendy dogs - instead of children.....

    a.k.a. I/O
    Sounds more like an Se ego couple. She might be Gamma SF and he might be Beta ST (or Gamma SF as well). Either way, they don't sound like two IEIs at all.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

    *********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"



  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Detroit
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Detroit
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Immature people are attracted to types who are similar to themselves. If you need validation, you can get it this way.

    If you need help doing things that are hard, then duals are better.

    FWIW, I like to talk with an LIE female whom I know. I think I'd also like to have sex with her, but that's just because she and I have similar solutions to all the problems we talk about, and it might be interesting to watch how I'd be as a female. Lol. I'm pretty sure we would not find each other interesting after we've taught each other everything we know.

    We can exchange information perfectly, but from an operations standpoint, we can't really cover each other's weaknesses.
    I disagree that being attracted to someone similar is "immature", I could be misunderstanding your point but genuine romance is genuine romance.

    Immature is to do with everything regarding an individual, not necessarily idealising someone similar to them.

    I hope that helps

  11. #11
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    6,189
    Mentioned
    718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GammavsBeta View Post
    I disagree that being attracted to someone similar is "immature", I could be misunderstanding your point but genuine romance is genuine romance.

    Immature is to do with everything regarding an individual, not necessarily idealising someone similar to them.

    I hope that helps
    I agree that genuine romance is genuine romance, and it can happen between individuals at all levels of personal development. Heck, it can even happen between the genius Nikola Tesla and a pigeon. And I'm certainly not going to claim that Nikola's love for a pigeon wasn't as deep and profound and eternal as Romeo's love for Juliet, or Penelope's love for Odysseus.

    I probably should not have used the word "immature". Instead, let me say that, in my own experience and in observing others, people who are young and relatively inexperienced tend to go for partners who
    1. embody their family's values or desires, or
    2. embody their own characteristics.

    For example, an ESI with an SEE father and an IEI mother might go for an SLE, who simultaneously embodies the strong Se that both she and her father share, and the Beta values that her mother has.

    Or an LIE who grew up in a family without Feelers might be attracted to an LSI, who has the dominant logic that he himself has, and the low-dimensional Feelings that he is used to.

    It is only after these relationships repeatedly crash into the rocks that an individual might decide to direct his or her capacity for genuine romance towards a partner who is a bit more versatile and durable.

    But that might not help.

    If you had told me twenty years ago that an ESI would be my best match, in general, all other things being equal, I'd have had the same reaction that my LII sister had when I told her that an ESI is my best match. She said, "If you bring a woman like that home, the family will disown you." She, of course, is struggling in a marriage to an LSE, the same type as our mother.

    You can't ripen a field before its time.

  12. #12
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Sounds more like an Se ego couple. She might be Gamma SF and he might be Beta ST (or Gamma SF as well). Either way, they don't sound like two IEIs at all.
    Definitely, IEI. Don't let the banker profession throw you off because she went into the field thinking that this would be a get-rich-quick scheme but ended up in what she calls a hateful job; IEIs tend to be overly optimistic and she was counselled not to do it. I think that he's into health care and coaching (2 masters degrees), people jobs which seem more suited to his type. Their athletic aspect is all about personal images and acceptance, which are typical IEI concerns.......

    a.k.a. I/O

  13. #13
    Socionics is a spook ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    14,437
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    I relentlessly pursued my iei bf and to be honest at least when I'm feeling down on myself I wonder if just about any woman willing to do the same could have gotten through because a strategy of inaction + "what's my surest bet" seems right up his alley lol (he tends to advise me in that direction anyway). He's 39 and hasn't asked a single woman on a date but has been asked. I kind of imagine other iei men to be similar but don't know any. So theoretically the idea of them pursuing someone is weird but that's probably just in my own head & experiences. I can imagine him being attracted to an iei because he seems impressed when I make decisions similarly and he likes witty charm (shocking) and they tend to be skilled at it but I think there'd be a lot of, uh, pondering, on the part of both. If I imagine being an outside friend I picture them talking to me about crossroads as much as each other.

  14. #14
    Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Europe
    TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Posts
    7,968
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Definitely, IEI. Don't let the banker profession throw you off because she went into the field thinking that this would be a get-rich-quick scheme but ended up in what she calls a hateful job; IEIs tend to be overly optimistic and she was counselled not to do it. I think that he's into health care and coaching (2 masters degrees), people jobs which seem more suited to his type. Their athletic aspect is all about personal images and acceptance, which are typical IEI concerns.......

    a.k.a. I/O
    Health care and fitness professions are best suited for and most typical of S types, but fair enough.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

    *********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"



  15. #15
    Socionics is a spook ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    14,437
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    My bf taught kids tennis for awhile. He only didn't like it cuz they didn't wanna be there and their parents made them lol. But he freelance instructed random doctors and shit too. He could have gone pro if he didn't dislocate his shoulders. Now he's a nurse.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,817
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm. Maybe it's not the IEIs being 'unmanly' that is the problem - but the fact they are insecure about it. If you are flamboyant, effeminate or bitchy, you need to 'own it' already- as that is just so much more incredibly attractive than sulking about it, then abusing women because you have low self-esteem and wished you were somebody you are not.

    I fell for a very thereotypical gay dude, who had a very gay boy voice, and did drag and was basically a cute little Disney Princess lol - and he wasn't manly at all, but I loved how confident he was about being gay - it was a huge turn on. If he was like 'waaaah im not an alpha male. /cuts wrists' yuck, I just wouldn't be into him.

    And of course, a lot of women will not respond well to the IEI anyway but I don't understand being attracted or into somebody that's also not into me. Move on, plenty of fish and all that. I have two uncles, one is as masculine as u could imagine- the other isn't feminine per se, but is definitely more 'prissy' and professional- and both have found str8 females they are happy with.

    Kelly Clarkson kind of annoyed me when she said she wanted a manly guy that knew how to change tires and fix a car, cuz umm she had this bitchiness/snootiness in her voice when she said it too (and I don't like Kelly Clarkson to begin with anyway- its why me and my last bf split up), like she wasn't really being kind about it- obviously not every guy is going to be the studly Chad of a woman's playgirl fantasies u know, but - of course, if that is what you like- that is what you like, and nothing you do or say is going to change what turns somebody's vagina or asshole or dick on.

  17. #17
    Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    1,468
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I relentlessly pursued my iei bf and to be honest at least when I'm feeling down on myself I wonder if just about any woman willing to do the same could have gotten through ....
    Lol I think some men are like this tbh, even an ESI man i have distantly known to where I actually did the pursuing (imagine that lol) and it was a terrible idea that also ended poorly, it's like a bad omen if i end up pursuing a man at least that's how i've come to view it haha. But I can see it being the case with IEI tho. I wanted to comment as it reminded me of something and i wondered if it's a Se-Ni ethical introvert's game (?)
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  18. #18
    ТРВЕ КВЛТ Armalite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,100
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've tried taking the intiative but it's always ended poorly, except for that one time. That's why I do it less, or at least, it takes a lot more for me to do it now. The way it usually goes is that the ones I like don't like me, and I don't like the ones who like me.

  19. #19
    Socionics is a spook ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    14,437
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Lol I think some men are like this tbh, even an ESI man i have distantly known to where I actually did the pursuing (imagine that lol) and it was a terrible idea that also ended poorly, it's like a bad omen if i end up pursuing a man at least that's how i've come to view it haha. But I can see it being the case with IEI tho. I wanted to comment as it reminded me of something and i wondered if it's a Se-Ni ethical introvert's game (?)
    I dunno, if I'm an Se/Ni ethical introvert it's not my game. Im a lot more comfortable being in charge during the whole seduction process cuz I wanna know it's my choice and i wanna have as much control as i can over the pace. Ive been advised that's its smarter for women to sit back and let them come forth but i just can't bring myself to do it.

    Maybe some men are like that though and it's not an iei thing per se. I don't wanna assume all iei men are like that cuz it feels like mentally denying their autonomy cuz of my biases.

  20. #20
    Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    1,468
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    ... Ive been advised that's its smarter for women to sit back and let them come forth but i just can't bring myself to do it.

    Maybe some men are like that though and it's not an iei thing per se. I don't wanna assume all iei men are like that cuz it feels like mentally denying their autonomy cuz of my biases.
    haha just ime you can't win whether you take initiative or let the other party do it you just can't win lol, i'm not even bothered by these things anymore nor do i have headspace for them.

    Perhaps it's not Type related then, i'll think about it, thanks!
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  21. #21

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,515
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think a lot of women, even if they're normally passive, will pursue a guy if she finds him attractive for whatever the reason. I mean I think women are just as aggressive as guys when they find someone who's attractive. But after that, they may want to be led by the guy, but I can't say it's the same for all women.

    As for risk-taking and being risk-averse, I think that psychologically, it has to do with thinking that your own actions will be either mostly successful, or mostly failures. I think risk-takers will mostly think that their own actions will be successful (or don't care, or think that they can handle failures), while risk-averse people will imagine mostly failures. I don't think that there's some sort of an invisible force that make these things happen for no reason. There has to be a reason for it.

    As for the OP, "girl shots down guy because she didn't find him attractive" could be applied to virtual any kind of relations. Because the real explanation is... "she didn't find him attractive". It doesn't have to do with anything else.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,817
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah I'm really shy IRL until you 'get me started first yourself' type of thing. If I have to strain myself to be assertive, its really awkward - I remember growing up, society put me in authoritative roles, to try and build my self confidence- and because they confused me with a moralistic EII maybe and felt that I deserved more power because I could play innocent well, but doing that type of thing is painful for me.

    I also tried to tank in World of warcraft - horrible experience. I'm sooooo much better in the back healing the tank.

    Although me being this way naturally, which I guess is how some bullies insult other men like 'you soy boy you ugh go kill yourself fag' and this sort of thing, I realize it angers some people but eh- conflict is interesting. And often well-meaning ppl get annoyed by it and try to give me speeches to 'improve my confidence' but really- the best way to get along with me is just be confident yourself while I act shy and sweet in the background. =p And protect me from cruel cunts who are bothering me.

  23. #23
    ТРВЕ КВЛТ Armalite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,100
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I loved tanking in World of Warcraft! Paladin and Druid master race, healing was boring to me, and when you were DPS you were just one among many and it took such a long time to find people to play with

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,259
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Has anyone else noticed this: an IEI guy is attracted to an IEI girl only to be completely shot down?
    People of identity/mirror are easy to establish initial relations, but those relations are boring and not good supporting.
    I'd say it's not a mature choice.
    You'll not be "completely shot down", though. There are good chances on having relations, mb even long one and surfacely ok. The relations themself is the problem.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  25. #25

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,817
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I loved tanking in World of Warcraft! Paladin and Druid master race, healing was boring to me, and when you were DPS you were just one among many and it took such a long time to find people to play with
    I like healing, ranged Dps, melee DPS and then tanking in that order. So tank for me and I'll heal. =D I'm trying to get all 5 healing classes decently geared tho, only the Shaman is like that so far, and now I'm working on the Priest and then Druid and then Paladin or Monk. Or Monk then Paladin idk yet lol.

  26. #26
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Health care and fitness professions are best suited for and most typical of S types, but fair enough.
    One cannot assume type based on the careers (or even hobbies) that people choose; they can be typed based on how they go about doing them, the typical mistakes they make, and what aspects they do and don't seem to like. I've met too many people in the wrong placement, a lot due to themselves.

    By the way, he has an ISTp father who thinks he's useless - to quote him: ".......such low achievement out of such high potential; if only I had half the brains....."

    a.k.a. I/O

  27. #27
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Sol's emo club
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    4,800
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just wonder how brainwashable those people are. I have zero instincts to save myself from my brain [to a point that I'm supporter of human extinction].
    Measuring you right now

  28. #28
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    6,189
    Mentioned
    718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yesterday I went back to have lunch at the restaurant owned by the IEI whom I chased unsuccessfully for two years. She saw me sitting at a table and came over and sat down across from me, leaning back in her chair to show off her long, bare legs. (The tables have see-through tops.)

    She looked like hell, and I asked her if she'd gotten enough sleep? She said No, can you guess why?, and gave me a little smirk.
    "Sex", I said. "Congratulations."
    "Thank you."
    "So, tell me about this guy."
    "He's tall", she begins, which is a swipe at me because she's six feet and I'm not, the bitch, and she thinks that's important and she knows it pisses me off. I'm sure she's putting me down because it is something she has over me and I can't change that fact, which is exactly what she'd do if I were SLE. Man, SLE's have it tough, I'd say.
    "...and he has the same motorcycle that I have, the exact same model."
    "A BMW tourer?"
    "Yes. And he has an Airstream."
    "Those are nice. So he travels, just like you do."
    She smiled.
    "And what else about him?"
    "Oh, he's into yoga and.."
    "Yoga?", I said. "Really?", disparagingly. "I think you've found yourself an Identical. Someone just like you." And then I shifted into SLE mode. I moved from my seat to the one next to her to get closer to her and touch her. Goddammit, she's beautiful and I want to slap her and fuck her and she irritates the hell out of me. How can a woman force me into animal mode so quickly?
    "Well, this guy is better than your last guy. What was he, an architect?". Her Architect was a rich LSE, and at this point, I sit up straight and adjust my jacket and act constipated and she laughs.
    "You know, having sex with an Identical is just like having sex with yourself", and now she's looking wary.
    "Look", I said, grabbing her hand and forcing my phone into it. "Here's a picture of a woman I know who's the same type as me. I'd like to have sex with her, sure, but I know where that would lead. But maybe this guy is a good match for you. Identicals can be very validating." I'm looking at her shorts and imagining her taking them off.
    "She looks like a business person", the IEI says in her French accent, staring at the phone.
    "You know, he might be OK. You guys tend to travel easily because you don't feel complete and are always looking for something you can't find. In fact, half the women of your type end up with guys who are the same type. So it might work out."
    She looked at me for a long time. "I'll let you know", she said, and handed back the phone. "Now I have to go."
    Lol. Her immediate experience of me had overwhelmed her positive memories of me.

    She got up from the table and I finished my lunch, but I saw her watching me from the shadows and smiling as I left.

    Man, if I had just a bit more Se, this would have turned out differently. Probably not better, but different.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-31-2019 at 03:13 PM.

  29. #29
    Marep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    TIM
    H-EII Sx/Sp E9w1
    Posts
    315
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Yesterday I went back to have lunch at the restaurant owned by the IEI whom I chased unsuccessfully for two years. She saw me sitting at a table and came over and sat down across from me, leaning back in her chair to show off her long, bare legs. (The tables have see-through tops.)

    She looked like hell, and I asked her if she'd gotten enough sleep? She said No, can you guess why?, and gave me a little smirk.
    "Sex", I said. "Congratulations."
    "Thank you."
    "So, tell me about this guy."
    "He's tall", she begins, which is a swipe at me because she's six feet and I'm not, the bitch, and she thinks that's important and she knows it pisses me off. I'm sure she's putting me down because it is something she has over me and I can't change that fact, which is exactly what she'd do if I were SLE. Man, SLE's have it tough, I'd say.
    "...and he has the same motorcycle that I have, the exact same model."
    "A BMW tourer?"
    "Yes. And he has an Airstream."
    "Those are nice. So he travels, just like you do."
    She smiled.
    "And what else about him?"
    "Oh, he's into yoga and.."
    "Yoga?", I said. "Really?", disparagingly. "I think you've found yourself an Identical. Someone just like you." And then I shifted into SLE mode. I moved from my seat to the one next to her to get closer to her and touch her. Goddammit, she's beautiful and I want to slap her and fuck her and she irritates the hell out of me. How can a woman force me into animal mode so quickly?
    "Well, this guy is better than your last guy. What was he, an architect?". Her Architect was a rich LSE, and at this point, I sit up straight and adjust my jacket and act constipated and she laughs.
    "You know, having sex with an Identical is just like having sex with yourself", and now she's looking wary.
    "Look", I said, grabbing her hand and forcing my phone into it. "Here's a picture of a woman I know who's the same type as me. I'd like to have sex with her, sure, but I know where that would lead. But maybe this guy is a good match for you. Identicals can be very validating." I'm looking at her shorts and imagining her taking them off.
    "She looks like a business person", the IEI says in her French accent, staring at the phone.
    "You know, he might be OK. You guys tend to travel easily because you don't feel complete and are always looking for something you can't find. In fact, half the women of your type end up with guys who are the same type. So it might work out."
    She looked at me for a long time. "I'll let you know", she said, and handed back the phone. "Now I have to go."
    Lol. Her immediate experience of me had overwhelmed her positive memories of me.

    She got up from the table and I finished my lunch, but I saw her watching me from the shadows and smiling as I left.

    Man, if I had just a bit more Se, this would have turned out differently. Probably not better, but different.
    You're a masochist

  30. #30
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    6,189
    Mentioned
    718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marep View Post
    You're a masochist
    For sure, I was when I was chasing her. But I'm getting better as I get farther from my divorce. I don't actually want the IEI anymore, and seeing her again just enables me to measure how much better I'm doing.

    Adam "Movin' on" Strange.

    *EDIT*
    Looking back on this and on my other relationships with IEI's, I think I tend to go towards them when I'm in a crisis situation, because they are so good at non-attachment and dodging the shoals of life unscathed.

    My favorite cousin is IEI, dating from when I was three weeks old. She helped me get past the fact that my mother didn't love me.
    One of my favorite buddies in Jr High was IEI, and what better type than IEI to help transition from childhood to adulthood?
    More recently, there is the above female IEI who was there to flirt with after my divorce.
    And finally, there is a fourth IEI whom I dated and who wanted to get married to me, which helped my self-esteem tremendously.

    It all makes sense, in a very fucked up way.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-31-2019 at 05:08 PM.

  31. #31
    Dark Rainbow bouncingoffclouds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Psychedelic Dream Castle in Outer Space
    TIM
    IEE-Fi, Harmonic, 4
    Posts
    691
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In my experience, which is a lot, too similar = , gets stale, but too different is also bad and there is a lack of connection. it's good to have a good amount of similarities, as well as differences. plenty in common, but some differences to create a more...stimulating dynamic. honestly i often find dudes to be either too passive or too aggressive, where is the middle ground rip
    Last edited by bouncingoffclouds; 10-23-2019 at 02:02 AM.
    "The seed of suffering in you may be strong, but don't wait until you have no more suffering before allowing yourself to be happy."

    4 core, sx/so slight sx bend, maybe 469 (they call me The Seeker!) 4w5, 6w7, 9w1, IEE-Fi Harmonic with IEI flavors




  32. #32
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,203
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think those IEI guys are struggling with their own feelings of masculinity, and I think @Adam Strange is right that people who are immature will choose people who are more similar to them. You need to learn how to love “yourself” before you know how to love others, so this makes sense. I’ve had romantic escapades with SLE guys but it’s hard for me to imagine dating one of them regularly.

  33. #33
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Posts
    3,343
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Yesterday I went back to have lunch at the restaurant owned by the IEI whom I chased unsuccessfully for two years. She saw me sitting at a table and came over and sat down across from me, leaning back in her chair to show off her long, bare legs. (The tables have see-through tops.)

    She looked like hell, and I asked her if she'd gotten enough sleep? She said No, can you guess why?, and gave me a little smirk.
    "Sex", I said. "Congratulations."
    "Thank you."
    "So, tell me about this guy."
    "He's tall", she begins, which is a swipe at me because she's six feet and I'm not, the bitch, and she thinks that's important and she knows it pisses me off. I'm sure she's putting me down because it is something she has over me and I can't change that fact, which is exactly what she'd do if I were SLE. Man, SLE's have it tough, I'd say.
    "...and he has the same motorcycle that I have, the exact same model."
    "A BMW tourer?"
    "Yes. And he has an Airstream."
    "Those are nice. So he travels, just like you do."
    She smiled.
    "And what else about him?"
    "Oh, he's into yoga and.."
    "Yoga?", I said. "Really?", disparagingly. "I think you've found yourself an Identical. Someone just like you." And then I shifted into SLE mode. I moved from my seat to the one next to her to get closer to her and touch her. Goddammit, she's beautiful and I want to slap her and fuck her and she irritates the hell out of me. How can a woman force me into animal mode so quickly?
    "Well, this guy is better than your last guy. What was he, an architect?". Her Architect was a rich LSE, and at this point, I sit up straight and adjust my jacket and act constipated and she laughs.
    "You know, having sex with an Identical is just like having sex with yourself", and now she's looking wary.
    "Look", I said, grabbing her hand and forcing my phone into it. "Here's a picture of a woman I know who's the same type as me. I'd like to have sex with her, sure, but I know where that would lead. But maybe this guy is a good match for you. Identicals can be very validating." I'm looking at her shorts and imagining her taking them off.
    "She looks like a business person", the IEI says in her French accent, staring at the phone.
    "You know, he might be OK. You guys tend to travel easily because you don't feel complete and are always looking for something you can't find. In fact, half the women of your type end up with guys who are the same type. So it might work out."
    She looked at me for a long time. "I'll let you know", she said, and handed back the phone. "Now I have to go."
    Lol. Her immediate experience of me had overwhelmed her positive memories of me.

    She got up from the table and I finished my lunch, but I saw her watching me from the shadows and smiling as I left.

    Man, if I had just a bit more Se, this would have turned out differently. Probably not better, but different.
    She doesnt sound remotely IEI but hey

  34. #34
    mclane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I finally correlated 4w3 to IEI-Ni; I have it in my trifix, and I have never been involved romantically with another 4w3-fixed woman(they've all been flaky 2's or narcissistic 3's), and would like to. So I can imagine two IEI's being an unexpectedly great match. Fours play it on another level, especially if Sx first.

  35. #35
    Dark Rainbow bouncingoffclouds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Psychedelic Dream Castle in Outer Space
    TIM
    IEE-Fi, Harmonic, 4
    Posts
    691
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is a study on enneagram types and marriage which showed that type 4’s were the only ones fairly often enough seen to marry their own type, another 4
    "The seed of suffering in you may be strong, but don't wait until you have no more suffering before allowing yourself to be happy."

    4 core, sx/so slight sx bend, maybe 469 (they call me The Seeker!) 4w5, 6w7, 9w1, IEE-Fi Harmonic with IEI flavors




  36. #36
    ТРВЕ КВЛТ Armalite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,100
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    There is a study on enneagram types and marriage which showed that type 4’s were the only ones fairly often enough seen to marry their own type, another 4
    Another 4 and I once had serious plans to marry; it was kinda dumb. Dodged a bullet, as did she probably, not so much because of our personality types though. In fact we had great compatibility for a while. Things I said, were things she had been thinking/feeling a million times, and vice versa. It was kinda weird. In retrospect it actually kind of creeps me out how two people can be so similar yet come from such widely different backgrounds. She was literally the female version of me. Perhaps a little bit more flashy though, less focused on Ti-related hobbies/prospects too. Maybe a difference in wings, head fix or subtype could explain that.

  37. #37
    perpetuus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    664
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What if it's an IEI male who has put a lot of time into working on their masculine side, like growing a beard, getting in shape, looking good chopping wood, doing a lot of physical pasttimes? Would she be into him then?

  38. #38
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,203
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by perpetuus View Post
    What if it's an IEI male who has put a lot of time into working on their masculine side, like growing a beard, getting in shape, looking good chopping wood, doing a lot of physical pasttimes? Would she be into him then?
    “Male looking suspiciously fashionable while chopping wood”

  39. #39
    perpetuus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    664
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What if it's an IEI dude who's ripped and can beat all SLEs' asses?

  40. #40
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,203
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by perpetuus View Post
    What if it's an IEI dude who's ripped and can beat all SLEs' asses?
    Show me an IEI who does MMA? I’m sure such an IEI guy would exist but... uhh .. it’d be very unusual.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •