Thread: Why I don't Value/Don't Value my Functions: Stress

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why I don't Value/Don't Value my Functions: Stress

My latest theory about Se comes from the fact that I am an extremely stress-prone person. Therefore, the amount of abrasiveness that comes from Se - especially ESTps, as opposed to other Se types - creates an immense amount of stress. I used to think that I didn't value Se because I am simply an 'emotional' person, but I now think this is wrong; when I look inside, the 'feelings' I experience because of these people is essentially some really stressed out 'feeling', as opposed to something like a deep feeling of 'empathy.' I just realized this because my life contains a ton of stress, and most of the types I struggle cause me stress in some way.

For instance, Te causes stress because it forces me to be a super-organized, structured 'administrator-esque' type of person - which is stressful because I find that role to be quite difficult.

Ti-PoLR causes stress because they are sometimes not competent and I therefore cannot rely on them, which just increases the lack of peace of mind that I experience.

Fi causes stress because it forces me to be a sort of moral perfectionist which can be overdone and is quite straining on me.

OTOH, Si relieves stress. I in fact started watching nature painting, and started needing the outdoors when my stress levels started to go through the roof.

Fe also relieves stress because it makes me LMAO at their observations, and of course, laughter really helps with stress.

Anyway, that's just my latest theory about how the functions are related to stress. Give whatever input you wish...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mistyping

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    mistyping
    Which type would be appropriate?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    Which type would be appropriate?
    video interview may show

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think part of the problem with socionics is that each of us has a specific type of person in mind that the associate with each type in our 'system' - but the types don't necessarily match up with other people. For instance, I associate SEE less with someone like Elizabeth Taylor or Muhammad Ali, and more with people like Napoleon Bonaparte or Marlon Brando. I associate LII less with Maximilien Robespierre or Victor Gulenko and more with Rene Descartes. I associate ESE less with 'Penny' from the Big Bang Theory and more with Nigella Lawson or Sandra Bullock. For each of these types, everyone has something different in mind. For the people who are thinking Victor Gulenko or Maximilien Robespierre with my type, you're not going to really see it in my personality at all - precise, thorough, detail-oriented, etc. You will see math/science, building a unifying philosophical system, etc., but you will not see some of the other traits. That could be part of the problem with trying to type me, and perhaps other people...

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm tired, so I won't go through the mental gymnastics justifying my reasoning in a good way, probably Fi Se or vice versa.

Fi causes stress because it forces me to be a sort of moral perfectionist which can be overdone and is quite straining on me.

Short answer ^^^^ No.

Fe also relieves stress because it makes me LMAO at their observations, and of course, laughter really helps with stress.

Short answer ^^^^ Fi.

Ti-PoLR causes stress because they are sometimes not competent and I therefore cannot rely on them, which just increases the lack of peace of mind that I experience. <<< Either Ne or Ti.

Ne is the lazy function, and I unironically think that. Ne users need to feel good in order to work. If they don't feel good, they won't work. Because they also can't take care of themselves, this lends themselves to going out and doing things they think are good ideas, like atkins, but actually unironically makes things worse. It's impressive. The main reason why this is the case, is because they don't work unless they're taken care of, they never acquire the proper information to take care of themselves. So upbringing is incredibly important for these people. The moment an old wives tale is introduced, is the moment you've screwed that person over. See Richard Nixon.

The Fi user is better off because that one asks for help from a person who takes no information from anyone else but what he's experienced. It's similar to me, except that everything I know is a secondary source because I don't trust my senses beyond a cursory thing. So theoretically, I can help an Fi Ne user, but it would be in a way that is not intuitive for them to understand, as it's not physical, and they'd have to confirm it themselves. Same with Ne Fi, but they don't need my help as much.

For Ti Ne and Ne Ti, yes, but no. We ironically have the same problems, but solve them in radically different ways, which different weights on different things. Honestly, watching each other work is like, yeah, that'll work, but it'd be better if you did it this way. One focuses on actual ease. The other focuses on not having the problem ever again. I'm the latter.

So my dad will install a window air conditioner without using the manual. I'll skim the manual, gather all the parts, organize them, and then do it. I'd honestly prefer not having to do it in the first place though, this was a request from my mother. My dad also used me sub optimally, for finding tools, because nobody else was available, he really didn't need help at all. Or the tools. I have a rule to keep myself working when another person is working for me. Only take breaks when I have to. Some people are just built to be engineers/architects/builders. I'm not. I'm the guy who will tell you you did well or not and how you can do better after 9 million hours of research.

Apparently, I will do some degree of mental gymnastics.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is not near done though, and I'd have to think a ton more and check my words for accuracy.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko