Thread: Type Me (YouTube Channel Linked)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Me (YouTube Channel Linked)

My YouTube channel is called Awkward INFP, feel free to check that out. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkT..._as=subscriber

I’m basically here because someone posted on one of my videos that I seemed to be using Fe rather than Fi. This interested me, so I’m here. They said that I might actually be an INTP as I come off as a 5w6, despite having tested 4w5. But I am hesitant on agreeing or disagreeing with those assertions without more evidence. I do identify a lot with 4th slot Fe, but self-reporting only goes so far.

There is also a video of my husband on my YouTube, so if you feel like assessing him, go for it. I interviewed him for about an hour.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    I have an MA in History. I like/d considering the large-scale implications of the past. I like/d seeing the ripple effect of choices. I’m currently job hunting, but have held a range of positions, from early childhood teacher to archivist. I preferred positions where I could think more abstractly and conduct research rather than anything hands-on. I’ve started doing YouTube videos and find those fun. It seems I have endless ideas for content. Mostly on MBTI stuff, but I look at comic books & such too.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

I usually dive into the internet on a daily basis. I’ve been obsessing over MBTI/Socionics Typists for the past few months now. I watch quite a bit of video content on the topic. Other interests include, reading, writing, and general learning. I blog. I like video games sometimes but get bored with the same old plot lines. However, I like playing Tetris for a solid hour several times a week as it helps me think. I run about a mile or 2 a few times a week, also simply to think. I generally just like seeking out new ideas and generating new ideas/displaying new things I’ve discovered.

What are your values, and why?
    I pride myself on integrity. I do my best to never lie, for example, and typically follow “the rules.” I also generally don’t want any human being hurt.

Describe your relationships with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    I love my family and friends quite a bit, to the point of respecting their privacy. I did a video with my husband, whom I adore.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

In friends, I want someone I can be comfortable with and make jokes with. However, I often find myself stuck in that “jokester” role to the point of irritation. So it’s nice to be able to flip from jokester to analytical on a dime.
    My husband is very funny, tactical, and interesting. He’s also very protective in a range of ways. Dig all that.
    What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    I often think others have all the “context” for the things that I say. I’ll say something about something “not making sense to me” to a friend or family member and they’ll have no clue where I’m coming from. I usually have to backtrack to the missing info. I’m usually not upset about this, but they are typically annoyed with me. It doesn’t happen on a regular basis per say, but I’ve noticed it.

What are your strengths? What do people like about you? What do you like about yourself?
    I’m not sure if I have “strengths” that really set me apart from others. Ha. Mostly, I feel very open to information and people from different walks of life. I’m also the most curious person I have ever met and really own that. I’m willing to be wrong and actually love when other people give me new insights.
    I’m not sure what others like about me. I have very small insight on that. I try to be friendly, so hopefully that comes off. My outer awareness is limited.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Weaknesses likely include clearly not being able to sell myself lol I don’t have a large range of real-world applicable skills. Most criticism is that I’m not “assertive” enough or that I’m “timid.” However, I don’t feel “timid” internally. I feel more highly aware of others to the point of not wanting to hurt them.
    I mainly dislike myself when I flub up and actually do hurt someone emotionally. It’s really disappointing.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Can manage: I eat breakfast daily lol which is apparently a stretch for some people. I do handle the bills/am aware of our finances. I’ve always known how to “entertain myself.” I don’t need others around me to sustain me.
    Cannot manage: When a car breaks down/printer breaks/someone is rude for no reason.

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    Dislike: cleaning
    Enjoy: anything intellectually stimulating/ideas-centered

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future, and why?
    I’ve honestly met my life goals currently, so I’m trying to decide on this. I like the possibility of the future rather than seeing it as “real.” Maybe I’ll do a PhD. I’m uncertain.

If you won the lottery and didn't have to work anymore, what would you do?
    Pay off student loans & debt. I would probably continue to generate ideas/make Youtube videos/blogs/etc. I need ideas to live. There’s nothing in the material world that really enraptures me more. I do love my cats, most fantasy-related things, and going out to eat. I might go and try to meet with some other ppl in the typing community if I had unlimited funds. I want more knowledge, really.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    My husband’s bluntness is endearing to me, but some find him abrasive. I love that he’s honest. People who tell it how it is are a nice breath of air. At least you KNOW how they feel/think.
    Usually the “fake” niceties of being “social” annoy the crap out of me. I feel highly uncomfortable around formal speech.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)?
    My mind lol I did recently color-code my bookshelf. That’s about it. Everything seems to have its own beauty in it without me touching it. I’m not big on makeup. Sometimes I’ll wear eyeshadow for a pop of color though.

In what situations or times in your life did you feel most fulfilled, and why?
    When people were/are engaging with my thoughts and trying to help me tease them out. I care about my brain quite a bit and value when others do too.

How do you behave around strangers?
    Strong stranger danger. Very nervous. Uncertain. Quiet. “Timid.”

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    I avoid conflict. If someone insults/attacks me, usually I just take it and go cry somewhere later.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes. If I feel I’m not progressing, I will feel extremely resistant to my place in life.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    I’ve thought about a Harry Potter-themed Bed & Breakfast. Sounds quaint. Probably just handle the bookings.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?
    Comfort mostly. Sometimes there’s a certain color I “want” to wear and go for that.

What were you like as a child? How have you changed since then?
    Very shy, very curious. I’ve mainly changed in terms of just being more open to people.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    Depends on the child.

If you are doing a video you can stop here and/or choose from the rest of the questions as you like.

How do you feel about attention? Do you seek it out?
    I don’t intentionally seek it out and often feel very “on the spot” if I get it. Even accepting awards can be painful. YouTube is easier because people in the virtual realm are easier to handle? As in it’s almost unreal people are aware of me because I’m not in a room with them.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
    I expect that others will treat me like a human and I them. I try not to expect much. I somewhat run from responsibility unless its in the name of pursuing something interesting. I liked being responsible for coming up with an MA thesis, for example. I also like the responsibility of my independent projects—YouTube, books, etc.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what approach would you take, and why?

Allowing them alternative paths towards thinking and not over asserting myself on them.

What is your biggest accomplishment?

Getting educated quickly. Getting married. Being happy. Writing books. Doing youtube.

What was (or is) your high school experience like?
    Not great.

What is something you regret?

Never actually doing this history competition that I should have back in middle school. A teacher nominated me to do a project for a state competition. It sounds very cool looking back. At the time, I just wanted to go home after school to introvert rather than stay behind afterhours and work on something.

Who do you admire, and why?
    Many. I can learn something from everyone. My husband is super competent and I really admire his self-reliance in the real world.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    History. It’s widely applicable and somewhat prestigious in its own way. I like the “science” of it without it actually being science. I like finding evidence, solving mysteries, and presenting my case.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?
    I usually assume there’s a reason for it, even if I don’t know the reason.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?
    Only on my own independent projects. I don’t enjoy being in charge of others.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?
    Very, very rarely. Ultimate betrayal would anger me, but otherwise I’m much more likely to become sad than even slightly mad.

What is one unusual trait or ability you possess? What makes you special?
    Maybe nothing? Probably my curiosity, again. It’s my main tool.

What is your sense of humor like? Do you joke around a lot?
    Yes.

Your friend bursts into tears. What do you do? How does it make you feel?
    *Insert patting friend with a broom meme here*
    I absolutely hate when others are upset and want to fix it, but don’t seem to have the comforting skills of others. I really try though.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?
    This is in a constant flux for me. I see the potential for meaning everywhere, but am not certain on my exact reason for existing. I hope to find out.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?
    China. I studied the country for years and go to juxtaposition this theoretical knowledge with real-world experience. Very, very enlightening and interesting. Very visceral memories of each city I went to. I’ll never forget that.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're accurately typed > EII 4w5 and your husband is LSE, perhaps 8w7 (which would make him look more like a SLE). You guys are cute together, good for you.
    Last edited by Alonzo; 06-04-2019 at 05:45 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yeh
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah you give me the impression of an Alpha too, I thought about Fe when watching your video with your hubby, and got an idea of extroversion from you, and I don't know if that's because of Fe or what, you lead the conversation, give brief explanations, encourage him to open up, give him feed back. he looked more introverted than you. he's very much an ST, not sure which kind, if we lean towards introversion I'd say LSI, ISTj.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

p type?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I scanned through some of your vids. It seems like you have bit heightened extraversion. In DCNH framework it points towards Dominant or Creative. Take it if you like it... Anyway, I prefer to asses based on your strengths like Gulenko (Tallmo has taken some weird typing methodology) and I think D might make sense as you seem to have quite dynamic style and not so bad environmental awareness and will.

I think awareness of PoLR > suggestive as being static/dynamic type and all that jazz.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also type you D subtype based on my weird typing methodology
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Others who have watched my interview video with my husband generally say I seem to have Fe. I'm not sure if that would be a"stretch" or not for an Fi dom though. Not sure. You're thinking I'm alpha quatra?

He definitely fits the ST vibe. placing him within intro/extro judger/perceiver has been difficult for me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb EIE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just so I'm understanding, you're saying I am an ELL, but am a Dominant subtype? Or is Dominant/creative/etc an altogether different typing system? I'm not sure I understand what the DCNH framework is.

I found this correlation, but I'm not sure what it really means:

D= Te and Se, with some Fe.

C= Ne and Fe, with some Se.

N= Ti and Si, with some Fi.

H= Ni and Fi, with some Si.

In this correlation it seems as though I'm high on Te or Fe? Idk how to read this. Help lol
    My Socionics knowledge is limited. I am aware of PoLR and such, but never this framework.

I'm not sure if you're saying I act more extroverted than most ELLs or if you're saying I *am* extroverted?
    I've been told before that I come off extroverted in my videos, but in real time I do need alone time to gain energy. I'm not sure how to reconcile that, honestly, but thank you for pointing it out.

I'm open to whatever you're seeing and/or information you have on the info above

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Why?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by foxesarenice View Post
    am a Dominant subtype?
    Gulenko's subtypes are baseless and are not Socionics. You may forget about them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Interesting. Why?
    try IR test

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Others who have watched my interview video with my husband generally say I seem to have Fe. I'm not sure if that would be a"stretch" or not for an Fi dom though. Not sure. You're thinking I'm alpha quatra?

He definitely fits the ST vibe. placing him within intro/extro judger/perceiver has been difficult for me.
    Welcome to the forum.

EII have Fe as an ignoring function. I had some time to watch your video which explains how you are more impulsive ("pull the trigger too much") and get things done right away. You said you just jump into action when you see an opportunity without being certain about how you feel. I wouldn't say that is typical for INFx. For IEI they have Se as a suggestive function which theoretically makes them inclined to do such things when pushed to by others but less likely when left to their own devices. EII also have 1D Se but do not value it. I didn't see your husband's video but will check it out. You can read more about socionics IEs and what the functions mean here:

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=Functions

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...mation_element

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for watching and your input! I'll follow the links

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're new to typing communities, then you are probably new to the fact that most people can't accurately type the specific grains they had for breakfast, let alone a complex human being over the internet.

An Fi base seemingly "extroverting" their authentic feeling state through creative Ne can somewhat understandably mimic Fe to amateurs; but it seems to me that you were at a close psychological proximity (Fi) with your husband, understanding (and aware of) his strengths, weaknesses, limitations and possible perspective (read: 'theory of mind') in the particular context (subjecting him to a series of probing questions for a process he might otherwise be disinclined to participate in) and consistently used Ne to open up new possibilities and potentialities in your conversation (as a means of both keeping it interesting, getting info, clarifying and connecting dots), interspersed with sudden bursts of information like Ne users are wont to do...

VS.

you palpably feeling his emotions (the continuous excitations of his psychological states) and subsequently mirroring whatever mood he'd manifest that would then create a particular emotional atmosphere (Fe), in order to get what you wanted from him (clarifying information that would reveal his type). It's more Fi to have a genuine emotional response (e.g., laughing) regardless of what the person sitting next to you is feeling and you did this often. Moreover, your default facial expression (even while listening to/watching your husband) seems to be an impassive one typical of Fi users and any mobility is more limited eye-centric Ne style, then the more global and fluid Fe style that not only showcases what the individual is feeling but what others are as well. Both of you were communicating in a very Fi "authenticity" centered away--there wasn't much mirroring as one might see with a Fe valuing couple.

Furthermore, based off of the body language (proximity, eye contact, playfulness, responsiveness, the type of "help" you provide to each other's subconscious), it seems to be that you two are dualized, which would serve to impart a balanced, harmonious, even keeled "energy" between you two, mitigating both extroversion and introversion. For starters, one's dual is the likeliest to engage in some seemingly mundane or boring activity and yet find a satisfying meaning and purpose in it. lol So there's that. Based off of the video, your energies "feel" very "correct," and when that is discernible from someone outside of your union, it's a telling feature. Another interesting observation is that some things that dual partners do or say that may strike others as kinda mean are often passed over as meaningless and/or amusing by the other partner and this was readily apparent in your interaction lol--there was a bit of playful aggression and nipping at the other, but done with love/tolerance/acceptance. It's also important to note that it's quite common for dualized couples to experience a sort of blurred identity where it's easy to lose sight of where you end and the other one begins, making it difficult to see your partner from a psychologically objective perspective (which is why typing them can be prove to be challenging).

If you and your husband are dualized, and you are EII, then he must be LSE; if you are LII, then he must be ESE (LOL and he ain't that). If you are EII and your husband is SLE or LSI, he'd be your conflictor or super ego, two generally cognitively uncomfortable and dissatisfying relationships at close psychological proximity. If you are LII and he is SLE or LSI, he'd be your supervisor or kindred--better than the aforementioned intertype relations but still lacking and potentially problematic at close psychological distances. If you are LII and he is LSE, then you'd have mirage relations, which is not uncommon to see in married couples, but they're still "off" and ultimately cognitively "boring"; that relation is primarily good for fun times, blowing off steam and operates best at far psychological distances.

To be more specific, I think that you are EII-Ne 4w5 and your husband is LSE-Si 8w7.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was different. Had more of the vids been in English, this might have shifted. A few of the ENTPs reminded me of one of the SuperCarlin Bros. I watch them quite a bit. Very entertaining.

What is this supposed to "tell" me?

My ranking ended as follows:

1-ENTP
    2-INTP
    3-ENFP
    4-ENTJ
    5-INFJ
    6-ISTJ
    7-ISFP
    8-INFP
    9-ISFJ
    10-INTJ
    11-ESFP
    12-ISTP
    13-ESTP
    14-ESTJ
    15-ESFJ
    16-ENFJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for being thorough!

I'm pretty aware people are terrible at being accurate, but I want to hear their reasoning and see if it has some grounding in fact or possible insights. Even learning one thing that I hadn't seen before seems helpful. I came to this Socionics site as it was recommended to me.

The notes on being "dualized" make sense, actually. Maybe that is why I feel too close to his psychology to make a fair judgment. I'll keep pondering this in an effort to take in all the information you provided.

I saw someone in the comments mention that it could be flipped to where I'm the ENFP and he's an ISTp, but he's always seemed more extroverted than me. I understand that Ne isn't a crazy extroverted function in that it doesn't "need" people to exist, but I do feel I gain energy from alone time.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yo foxy. hmm. I suggest you read more about socionics theories, functions and types description, from different authors, and find out for yourself. as you've said in one of your videos, you're the only one who knows yourself. we might know how the functions work, but we don't know how you work outside of those 10 min videos of yours. talking to a camera and interacting with the person whom you feel the most comfy with in your life, are not ultimately good ways to assess your type. but it's good if you can cream up these comments and take the suggestions you need to start your own research. I'm sure you'll like the journey ; )

I wouldn't start with DCNH, it's mainly about social interactions in groups, and there were little elements of this in your videos. I wouldn't even type you D, but that's beyond me... try to have a grasp of the basic things, which are already veryyy much complicated and require you to leave MBTI aside. wikisocion is your friend. last suggestion: have socionics or cognitive functions tests, they should direct you in the right way with a good probability.

good luck!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@foxesarenice

if you followed to recommendations, then
    you prefer TN types and mb SF
    but I suppose EIE as the main version to think about. and it's close to your previous IEI opinion

the language of the vids should not influence on overal impression, as you should accent on nonverbal

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

D= Te and Se, with some Fe.

C= Ne and Fe, with some Se.

N= Ti and Si, with some Fi.

H= Ni and Fi, with some Si.
    It is probably far easier to go with heightened BIG5 than with information elements regarding your own type.

D= extraversion (expressive and driven EII)

C= openness

N= conscientiousness

H= agreeableness (would be quite high for most EII without being H)
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually releasing a Big Five video later today! Ha!

My "average" of several tests below. Agreeableness isn't crazy high, but still there.

Extraversion: 20/100 (low)
    Openness: 76/100 (high)
    Conscientiousness: 30/100 (low)
    Agreeableness: 66/100 (mid)
    Emotional Instability: 83/100 (high)