Thread: What's your potential?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's your potential?

What is it that you would like to extrovert? What part of you you would like to have an impact on the world (no matter the scale of impact)? I'm curious how other people go about this.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Solutions to problems, especially when there is a lack that would be very easy for me to fix given my skill set. I am a nosy fucker when it comes to improving things for people.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just like making people think about stuff, showing them a more broad vision of the world. I like to see people's tolerance to differences grow.

Younger, I searched for a kind of "human instruction booklet" or something, but all I found was a shit ton of contradicting statements, because there's much more than one way to be "human". Unbelievable, eh? I really thought I was weird for not knowing the "one way", though now I realize everyone is looking for their own way like I am, so if I can inspire someone with my own way/search, great. If not, great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to show off my strengths and gain the respect of people around me. But I guess that would only have an impact over me. To be honest I always liked the idea of doing something so legendary that it inspires every one around me, a real underdog story you know. I remember daydreaming as a kid of becoming a world class boxer who never gives up and with willpower and guts alone overcomes all his challenges. Then teaching and motivating other kids who then in turn become world class boxers themselves. Maybe I used to watch to much anime hahaha.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i would like to destroy the universe

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to wage war on the Earth with an enormous and overpowering space military force capable of orbital bombardments, air, land, and naval superiority, and a relentless ability to use natural resources to replenish and repair the war machine. The goal would be to crush the collective will of humanity, bringing them down from all the ego delusions of living a life where avarice and financial supremacy dictate everyone's value as a human being. Then they would actually have to work together and build up their egos with something more uniting. And if they eventually beat me, maybe they'd have a better appreciation for each other as more than tools for gaining wealth.

...course that's not gonna happen, least not in this life anyway.
    Androgynous Robot Dreamer - Not really human, but good at pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    blame the merry quadras

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I thought about my answer to this thread and it just reverted to what I'd like to offer at work (something requiring organizational and administrative sort of abilities because they come easily and I feel good and productive performing that way). With friends I just want to be a good listener who can offer a new and helpful perspective to their concerns.

I don't think about what I'd like to offer on a broader scale.. basic social skills that make me respected on a normal level I guess. Other than others treating me decently I don't care about the world lol. I guess I have basic standards about not being an asshole, you know, morals.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    What is it that you would like to extrovert? What part of you you would like to have an impact on the world (no matter the scale of impact)? I'm curious how other people go about this.
    from types point - this mostly relates to ego functions. as people have the most attention and best skills there
    the least this should be about superego block functions

valued functions are also wished to be better in the world. the problem is a human is not sure in own possibilities to change it. personally and directly, at least. generally. particular skills can be developed and forced to others. alike you being F type may to study a logical job and then do it

To be honest I don't like to show much. I do like to show off my ideas and brainstorm with people. Especially remarks about a certain topic. I like to show my moral side sometimes but not being too forceful about it. It's kind of giving my opinion on the matter. I like to present my interests sometimes. I sometimes present the details of the topics I know. Events, especially unusual ones, are fun to discuss.

A part of me wants to be this person who leads people into the right path and fixes a lot of problems. I'd always wanted to help people in some way, but since I have no sense of reality I come across as unhelpful. For example, when I try to comfort a crying person, they just say I don't know them or something. That's why I don't want to show this part of me. I'm not that confident.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to be invisible, that's all

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Uhh I really don't know lol. I don't want to extrovert much at all. I want to be left alone in the darkness unless its shared emotional healing. I'm emo and proud of it.

I've been told that I am genuinely kind/heartfelt to people that most people think don't deserve the consideration. ((And likewise if you act too holier-than-thou I like to knock you down a notch))

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and I seem to be able to forgive a lot of things the world tells me I should still be angry at (Which just makes me forgive other people more, because they are trying to gaslight me into staying upset about something I don't want to- don't tell me what to do!)) and I am kinda like the opposite of some harsh/rigid asshole-ish government agent. But it sounds like you were asking about potential more in the career sense, and I don't know what type of job is good for that really lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    i would like to destroy the universe
    I concur, although a part of me wants to turn it all into an empire which worships me as an omnipotent being.

Can we find some sort of middle ground and get to work?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amberiat View Post
    I concur, although a part of me wants to turn it all into an empire which worships me as an omnipotent being.

Can we find some sort of middle ground and get to work?
    Yea they can worship me while they destroy themselves slowly

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Uhh I really don't know lol. I don't want to extrovert much at all. I want to be left alone in the darkness unless its shared emotional healing. I'm emo and proud of it.

I've been told that I am genuinely kind/heartfelt to people that most people think don't deserve the consideration. ((And likewise if you act too holier-than-thou I like to knock you down a notch))

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and I seem to be able to forgive a lot of things the world tells me I should still be angry at (Which just makes me forgive other people more, because they are trying to gaslight me into staying upset about something I don't want to- don't tell me what to do!)) and I am kinda like the opposite of some harsh/rigid asshole-ish government agent. But it sounds like you were asking about potential more in the career sense, and I don't know what type of job is good for that really lol.
    No, i was wondering about the (non mandatory) possibility of having some form of lasting effect on the the world, if you wish, whether it is the immediate environment, a person or circle of people, and so forth, but something that originates from within. Well i'm asking myself at the same time as I am asking the forum so i don't really know how to crystallize the question into something more concrete, if you will. Thanks for your reply, i'll take it nonetheless!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Well i'm asking myself at the same time as I am asking the forum so i don't really know how to crystallize the question into something more concrete
    this is what is more common for P types and an argument against E*I
    J types think than do. P types do and think in the same time.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    this is what is more common for P types and an argument against E*I
    J types think than do. P types do and think in the same time.
    Sometimes it walks and talks like a duck and it is indeed a duck, and on occasion it takes a break, get used to it.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d like to be as honest as possible without causing a stir.

And I’d like to create something really beautiful in my own style, in words or decor. A garden even. Some form of art.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i honestly dont know but if i can make atleast one person smile a day then i think im on the right track
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People just open up to me. They confide in me, without me even asking them! LOL I guess I'm good at those sort of things...but to be a psychologist...hmmm staying indoors for the whole day isn't for me. A place where that skill is needed is in reporting, I guess. To interview people, you need them to trust you. I guess trust is a useful universal skill. Lawyers needs that. Salespeople need that. Teachers need that, as well. I also got enthusiasm. I wish others had that much enthusiasm for things. Damn I think I'm ENFp! I wish to get people to open up and share their stories. Or encourage people to have fun and be happy. If I can get one people to laugh a day, then I'm happy.

In terms of career, the way I go about things is by looking inside myself, pick out my most redeeming qualities, and then find a career that encourages/needs those qualities. I need a career that fits with my personality, like interaction with people, inspire trust and creativity, storytelling and fact reporting. I could ask for a lucrative career, but I know that money attracts problems, but I wish to live a drama-free life sooo . I just want to be happy.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understanding the ''why'' of many things i've thought and felt.