View Poll Results: How certain are "you" of "your" self-typing?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm EII.

2 9.52%
  • ⩾90 to <100%

9 42.86%
  • ⩾80 to <90%

3 14.29%
  • ⩾70 to <80%

2 9.52%
  • ⩾60 to <70%

0 0%
  • ⩾50 to <60%

1 4.76%
  • ⩾40 to <50%

0 0%
  • ⩾30 to <40%

2 9.52%
  • ⩾20 to <30%

0 0%
  • ⩾10 to <20%

1 4.76%
  • ⩾0 to <10%.

1 4.76%
  • I haven't a clue.

0 0%

Thread: How certain are "you" of "your" self-typing?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default How certain are "you" of "your" self-typing?

For myself, I was going to say about 30%.

But I thought about my view of the probability of me having particular Socionic attributes, the extent to which I identify with the various types, the extent to which familiarity with Socionics may lead to self-monitoring, as well as the level of my confidence that the Socionics system has any empirical validity for any of the parts that are unique to it.

I thus decided on a 10% figure, although I suspect even that is double what it should be.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi I'm Maritsa

(33, 3 %)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    hi I'm Maritsa

(33, 3 %)
    I read this and momentarily felt like I had been quantum-shifted into an alternate probability reality.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I’m” glad of “your” use of quotes, which indicate “understanding” of the existential crises many of “us” are troubled with. “I” used never to bother with such useless questions along the lines of whether “I” exist, but much of “my” self-identity is, you know, rooted in selfishness, and it’s been greatly bothering “me” lately that something else should enjoy “my” “existence” more than “I”.

To answer the question though, accounting for that I’m unused to approximating the dysformulated impressions flitting around my brain into numerical values, I guess I’m about 70% sure. LII seems to fit better than any other type, but my main hesitation is that I don’t relate very much to descriptions of duality.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 05-25-2019 at 08:22 PM.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

going from 0% to 100% one day, then 100%to 0% the next second. one existential crisis doesn't await the other.. wait, thinking it's not an english saying, oh well.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stefilias View Post
    going from 0% to 100% one day, then 100%to 0% the next second. one existential crisis doesn't await the other.. wait, thinking it's not an english saying, oh well.
    With every post of yours I'm starting to believe that you are my more sophisticated twin with whom I share a spiritual-umbilical bond.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    With every post of yours I'm starting to believe that you are my more sophisticated twin with whom I share a spiritual-umbilical bond.
    Aw ye, boi!
    but i'm not very sophisticated a person, it's just an appearance, but shh! don't tell anyone!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iam very uncertain i got ILI on a few test but i typed my self with EII iam more confident with my enneagram typings

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post

But I thought about my view of the probability of me having particular Socionic attributes, the extent to which I identify with the various types, the extent to which familiarity with Socionics may lead to self-monitoring, as well as the level of my confidence that the Socionics system has any empirical validity for any of the parts that are unique to it.

I thus decided on a 10% figure, although I suspect even that is double what it should be.
    10% is a very small number it means there is a 90% chance you are wrong

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Having "do things right" type, I did a long and wide study of own type to become sure in it and in Socionics theory. And then I typed alot and checked by IR own type as a secondary effect, so the assurance is very high (~100%). Besides I had an independent match of opinions of some "gurus" about own type from the start.
    My IR test is made on my types understading. As seems it gives adequate results this proves objectively that I type not so badly to mistake in own type for many years.

"Join Date Nov 2005"

try IR test
    this gives +10 to Socionics Karma and +20 to Assurance in self-typing

do this 2 times: on men, then on women
    it's still experimental

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It approaches same level of certainty as Sol is sure me being a F type. That is a lot.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    It approaches same level of certainty as Sol is sure me being a F type. That is a lot.
    You arent?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why is "you" between apostrophes

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    You arent?
    Lemme think...
    this mourning I checked all my contacts and tried to relive moments we had together for each. After that I read bunch of heart breaking novels watched rom coms and cried my eyes out. Then I painted piece of art and made a musical out of it . Later in this night I'm gonna watch women's body building weightlifting and shot putting.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldnt vote because you didnt include 100%
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anderson21 View Post
    10% is a very small number it means there is a 90% chance you are wrong
    That is exactly correct! (Or specifically, it is the chance that I think I might be wrong).

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Having "do things right" type, I did a long and wide study of own type to become sure in it and in Socionics theory. And then I typed alot and checked by IR own type as a secondary effect, so the assurance is very high (~100%). Besides I had an independent match of opinions of some "gurus" about own type from the start.
    My IR test is made on my types understading. As seems it gives adequate results this proves objectively that I type not so badly to mistake in own type for many years.

"Join Date Nov 2005"

try IR test
    this gives +10 to Socionics Karma and +20 to Assurance in self-typing

do this 2 times: on men, then on women
    it's still experimental
    I don't think my comparatively earlier "Join Date" should mean I have a greater certainty about my type. I know that Beautiful Sky believes that having a high post count is a sign of expertise (and that a post count will generally increase over time), but knowledge of Socionics does not necessarily mean a person is convinced it is true and/or that a person cannot be less convinced of the truth of an ideology over time.

I'm probably not even 60% certain of what colour/s socks I am wearing at the moment.

Your test may be very good, but I do not believe it will significantly increase my Socionics Karma and Assurance.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Why is "you" between apostrophes
    @FreelancePoliceman got my reasoning: the nature of the thread is such that even the concepts of existence and self are relevant. Partly also, I thought if I had not used them, people would be more inclined to misread the question as saying the equivalent of "How certain are you of my self-typing?"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't think my comparatively earlier "Join Date" should mean I have a greater certainty about my type.
    It means greater possibility to get the data for this. This possibility is strangely was not used.
    It took a year for me to understand own type. It's not in a single moment, but not so much compared to how long people use the forums and still keep doubts. External opinions, books, tests, typing of people IRL for types examples and IR check. nothing special. just some efforts

> I know that Beautiful Sky believes that having a high post count is a sign of expertise

mb you'll laugh. on main Socionics forum of today: socioforum, after some high post count of ~8000-10000 posts you get a status "guru"
    flooding noobs may get it in a 1st year. I got it after >10 years as mainly discussed types

> knowledge of Socionics does not necessarily mean a person is convinced it is true and/or that a person cannot be less convinced of the truth of an ideology over time

practice helps to check the theory. at least, in my case I notice theory fits ok to what I get with my typings. so I may be sure in own typing skills, the theory and many own opinions about types

I suppose, IR test worthes your efforts. it's "new" method to try. it gives sometimes useful results

> I'm probably not even 60% certain of what colour/s socks I am wearing at the moment.

by buying black socks only you'd become more assured in your life

> Your test may be very good, but I do not believe it will significantly increase my Socionics Karma and Assurance.

the best way to believe is to try here

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think my reasoning earlier was along the lines of:

It would be absurd to be more than 95% certain of anything about my personality.

I will consider myself 95% certain I am an introvert, and 95% certain that I am an intuitive type. A few years ago, this would have been much lower. I considered how these factors are represented in legit models like Big Five and Karlie Kloss, as well as the extent to which an observer would say "Of course you're one of those!". Thus, that is about a 90.25% chance there, assuming the two factors are independent.

While using E vs. I, N vs. S, T vs. F, P vs. J. scales is not "legit" Socionics, I used it there for the sake of convenience. In terms of being mb a "T" or mb a "F" type, and mb a "P" or mb a "J" type: I could easily make a case for being 70% certain of being any of those "types" (!). And yet it doesn't seem quite right to say I'm 50:50 in terms of certainty. - i.e., that is to say, I don't really have a clue anymore. I do believe that generally, I am more "rational", more deliberate than most, but in terms of Socionics, it is perhaps significantly due to habit that means I consider myself a rational type (that and the fact that I identify strongly with being a static, -ego, IXXJ type based on type descriptions).

Thus 90.25%x50%x50%=22.56%, not taking into consideration my long-term perception/habit and the extent to which I relate to type descriptions (although perhaps I have already taken those into account in my subconscious when trying to determine how certain I am of aspects of my personality).

Then, taking into consideration existential doubt, doubts about the truthfulness of central tenets of Socionics ideology (probably most significantly, duality harmonics, but also, the extent to which the types can meaningfully represent an individual's identity, & also whether they even exist as discrete forms (not really an issue in itself, if it has some practical value))... Also, as I mentioned in the OP "the extent to which familiarity with Socionics may lead to self-monitoring (in psychology, this concept actually relates more to the recognition that individuals present an image of themselves that they believe is socially acceptable and/or perhaps that they aspire to appear to be). I don't believe that I have a habit of going out of my way to tell others how upset I am about some refugee crisis I saw on the news in order to make people think I am a particular type: I don't really care for such practices. But I have noticed that when I take personality tests now, it is difficult not to get the feeling I am answering according to a crystalized archetype/stereotype of how I saw myself years ago, that I am now unable to objectively distant myself from and thus answer according to how I actually see myself now. The very best psychology tests in my view check for self-monitoring - Socionics simply does not have that.

Based on such factors... I essentially halved the 22.56% figure and rounded down.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    flooding noobs
    Lmfao, gotta love your terminology.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Lemme think...
    this mourning I checked all my contacts and tried to relive moments we had together for each. After that I read bunch of heart breaking novels watched rom coms and cried my eyes out. Then I painted piece of art and made a musical out of it . Later in this night I'm gonna watch women's body building weightlifting and shot putting.
    Womens body building? Are you gay?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Womens body building? Are you gay?
    Assuming @Troll Nr 007 is a dude, what's more heterosexual than staring at sweating, exercising women?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Assuming @Troll Nr 007 is a dude, what's more heterosexual than staring at sweating, exercising women?
    Helping them sweat and exercise?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Helping them sweat and exercise?

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See signature. I've been doing this a long time, and never really took breaks in between my single steady bought of introspection. I'm confident enough that I've practically killed that whole phase where I'd defer to other people even though they seemed to have no idea what they were talking about.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a really good fucking question. I don't know. I have relative uncertainty/certainty about everything and since most things in life aren't equal, socionics doesn't seem to factor well into reality the majority of the time.

I don't know. I'd say I'm relatively certain of my internal world and I think that matches to a certain type, but how the outside world sees me is probably a lot different and I'm a bit uncertain which one is more important or why, given that a lot of how I feel about people is internally driven, rather than due to we could say "Socionics type math". My psyche feels like a complicated mess most of the time. Maybe I don't have a type; but there are patterns to everyone and it seems that 99% of the time if I get to know someone well enough, they do end up falling into a type. I think the relation theory needs some work because life is more complicated than simple type math.

Though...it does seem that when people know each other "closely" that type relations do seem to become more pronounced than other factors, so I don't know.

I'm hesitant to apply a percentage certainty, since I don't think it means anything without good references.
    Androgynous Robot Dreamer - Not really human, but good at pretending.

blame the merry quadras

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I" am getting more and more certain of "my" typing

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, this looks like a probability estimation to me.

Let's see what that means in my case:
    Intuition function in my ego block (and therefore in Id block as well): 90%
    Preference of logical reasoning most of the time: 75%
    That makes me an NT type with a probability of 67%

There are no NT types in beta and delta quadra, remaining quadras: alpha and gamma

Alpha values > gamma values : 85%

Means I'm either LII or ILE with a probabilty of 57%

My vulnerable function is with a probability of 90%

That makes me a LII with a probabablity of 52%

Result: 52%

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About 90%. Definitely not an extrovert, definitely not a feeler, probably not an intuitive, and sure as hell ain't duals with EIE's which just leaves SLI which certainly sounds a lot like me so guess I must be an SLI.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe. You asked how sure *I* am, not how close I think I am to the stereotypes/dichotomies/profiles/predictions.

Good call.
    100%