Thread: Possible to type someone through Social Media?

TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Possible to type someone through Social Media?

Has anyone successfully typed someone through, say, going through their tweets? I am interested in knowing someone's type but all I have is his Twitter page. It has 14k tweets... What are some key things I can look for that can help determine their type?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's possible but it will be less reliable than in-person interaction or video. The quantity will help as long as it's mostly original thoughts. You can look for what kind of information he focuses on, what his values and priorities are, whether he appears combative, his emotional range, etc.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

There are tools such as this: https://personality-insights-demo.ng.bluemix.net/

which analyze personality in terms of the Big Five. You probably won't be able to log in to his twitter account and have the tool analyze the tweets, although you could copy a sample for the "Body of Text" version, and/or use "Tweets and Replies". Their analysis of the Obama speech they have is probably different to how most people would type Obama in Socionics though.

I suspect a twitter account with 14k tweets will score high on extroversion, at least.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You may suppose a type by any behavior. By messages it's possibly too.
    But I'd recommend to use photos. Some accounts have many of them from different times and situations. Nonverbal is lesser distorted and filtered from point of types than what people publicly say. What people write in blogs you may use also, as additional data to think about a type.

I typed people with assurance by photos in social networks. Though, I never met those people IRL and mostly had no other info alike their tests to check those types. To type by photos is just common in Socionics. Video is significantly better, but many random photos sometimes give not a few info too. I typed some people by photos and then they gave tests results which matched ok with the type assumed by photos before.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did it and got this:
    "You are a bit insensitive, informal and can be perceived as indirect.
    You are compromising: you are comfortable using every trick in the book to get what you want. You are contrary: you do not shy away from contradicting others. And you are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time.
    You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of prestige.
    You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done. You consider achieving success to guide a large part of what you do: you seek out opportunities to improve yourself and demonstrate that you are a capable person."

I think it's actually a really accurate description of me; apart from maybe the sticking with difficult tasks part. I'll stick with anything that I see as efficient and beneficial in the long run. When I don't stick with something, it is because it is inefficient or pointless in the long run.