Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 93

Thread: What's my type (other than blondes)?

  1. #41
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,594
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonutTaganes View Post
    Definitely! But I'm definitely not economic, not particularly protective, I'm garbage at aesthetics (got help from a friend), and my pallet is garbo; I barely care how food tastes.
    Then have you considered LIE?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  2. #42
    Bento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSE > ILE, SLE
    @DonutTaganes

    based on your second video, mb these quotes sound like you.

    Constantly and everywhere, for reason and without any apparent reason, the ESTj expresses a willingness to give a strong-willed rebuff to anyone who encroaches on him in the smallest manner. The LSE constantly demonstrates his ability, capability, and willingness to stand up for himself.
    In an unfamiliar company, the ESTj tries to play a role of a kind of optimistic and jovial person, tells jokes, smiles. He tries to be utmost polite and friendly with everyone. ...- he can even burst into tears, and do so quite demonstratively. (Even though in the depth of his soul the LSE is actually sentimental, he considers it necessary to hide this, at least, from his nearest circle.)
    In these instances, the face of LSE assumes a childlishly happy expression and his positive emotions may be expressed in some completely unpredictable forms. This state disturbs and excites him so much, that involuntarily a desire appears in other people to calm him down somehow... questioning his high spirits will spoil the holiday for him - he will feel more than slighted: his ecstasy will immediately turn into extreme irritation,
    He hates wasting time for nothing and does not associate with those, who misuse and waste other people's time.

    e does not like to fall sick and usually ends his sick leave as soon as he starts feeling better.
    However fantastic and far-fetched is his flight of thought, the LSE is never torn away from reality for too long.
    Any manifestation of dishonorableness, meanness, treachery, dishonesty, cheating are agonizing for the LSE. Directness and honesty are the most prominently displayed features of LSE's ethics.
    Yes, I'm cherry picking but LSE is my best guess for you (despite what you said about Fi-doms at the end of the video)

    My second guess would be what Troll said
    Last edited by Bento; 05-21-2019 at 09:55 PM.

  3. #43
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    326
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Then have you considered LIE?
    1.) He's neither a LIE nor a LSE; he himself said that his usage of Te is implicit (read:"implied but not directly expressed") which would speak to strong, albeit unconscious 4D Te. Moreover, he creatively uses Ti, as evidenced in his playful "is Nutella on toast a dessert?" quandary, which involves him questioning the logic of a "rule" and the degree to which that works/makes sense with other "rules" concerning the matter. LSEs and LIEs don't readily check something's Ti logical consistency in such a way, though our high D Ti is more than capable at spotting and pointing our logical inconsistencies--we just tend not to do this for the sake of. Why? Because we are Ti ignoring. Based on his video, he does not ignore Ti.

    2.) Yes, not every strong, conscious Si user is stereotypically OCD and organized and totally neat/polished and will always stop whatever they're doing to cater to their physical needs; BUT, even as they ignore these Si matters, they are still extremely conscious/aware of them and the rest of humanity will suffer the longer those Si needs go unsatiated. lol IMO and IME, some of the most unbearable people to be around are starving, tired, unwell Si leads and creatives. Instinctively, as a Si PoLR, I look down on Si needs and those that take them "too seriously." If I have members on my team who will bitch and moan or become hell beasts or lose effectiveness because they haven't eaten or slept, I tend to see them as weak--however, I admit that this is an unfair cognitive bias. Therefore, seeing as how I aim to get shit done, I'll allow them to do what they need in order to keep going. Based off of his video, he does not seem to be Si PoLR or Si creative.

  4. #44
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,594
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    1.) He's neither a LIE nor a LSE; he himself said that his usage of Te is implicit (read:"implied but not directly expressed") which would speak to strong, albeit unconscious 4D Te. Moreover, he creatively uses Ti, as evidenced in his playful "is Nutella on toast a dessert?" quandary, which involves him questioning the logic of a "rule" and the degree to which that works/makes sense with other "rules" concerning the matter. LSEs and LIEs don't readily check something's Ti logical consistency in such a way, though our high D Ti is more than capable at spotting and pointing our logical inconsistencies--we just tend not to do this for the sake of. Why? Because we are Ti ignoring. Based on his video, he does not ignore Ti.

    2.) Yes, not every strong, conscious Si user is stereotypically OCD and organized and totally neat/polished and will always stop whatever they're doing to cater to their physical needs; BUT, even as they ignore these Si matters, they are still extremely conscious/aware of them and the rest of humanity will suffer the longer those Si needs go unsatiated. lol IMO and IME, some of the most unbearable people to be around are starving, tired, unwell Si leads and creatives. Instinctively, as a Si PoLR, I look down on Si needs and those that take them "too seriously." If I have members on my team who will bitch and moan or become hell beasts or lose effectiveness because they haven't eaten or slept, I tend to see them as weak--however, I admit that this is an unfair cognitive bias. Therefore, seeing as how I aim to get shit done, I'll allow them to do what they need in order to keep going. Based off of his video, he does not seem to be Si PoLR or Si creative.
    He most certainly is LSE. Heís willful, obstinate when he wants to be. He uses Si ways to relax even if he doesnít recognize it in his impressions of himself because he has cognitive dissonance
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  5. #45
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,594
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bento View Post
    LSE > ILE, SLE
    @DonutTaganes

    based on your second video, mb these quotes sound like you.











    Yes, I'm cherry picking but LSE is my best guess for you (despite what you said about Fi-doms at the end of the video)

    My second guess would be what Troll said
    Yup. Also he doesnít know shit about Fi, even though heís in the company of SEE, so he says
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  6. #46
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Posts
    2,733
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ne lead leaning ILE 7w6, but maybe 3w4 IEE

  7. #47
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    326
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    He most certainly is LSE.
    Nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    He’s willful, obstinate when he wants to be.
    Yup, Role Se.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    He uses Si ways to relax even if he doesn’t recognize it in his impressions of himself because he has cognitive dissonance
    Yes, because he is subconsciously Si valuing! He said that though he struggles with Si matters, he won't go out of his way to avoid them. That's precisely how I feel about Fi. Meanwhile, he's more inclined towards actively disliking and avoiding strong, conscious Fi users in the same way I am antagonistically pre-disposed towards strong, conscious Si users. Why? BECAUSE THEY INVOLVE OUR POLR FUNCTIONS, functions that irritate us, but that we must possess some sort of competency in to survive though we don't cognitively value them, which is very uncomfortable and annoying af. Though both the Suggestive and PoLR are weak, we are more receptive and welcoming to one over the other. That is a key indicator when deciphering one's type.

    You ever hear of Occam's Razor? It's a logical principle that states that "simpler solutions are more likely to be correct than complex ones." Based on the evidence, the simpler conclusion is that he is a ILE that consciously values Ti and subconsciously values Si versus some ersatz LSE that outright disdains his dualizing function, relishes in his ignoring function and easily bypasses a core aspect of his ego.

  8. #48
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Posts
    2,733
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Nope.



    Yup, Role Se.



    Yes, because he is subconsciously Si valuing! He said that though he struggles with Si matters, he won't go out of his way to avoid them. That's precisely how I feel about Fi. Meanwhile, he's more inclined towards actively disliking and avoiding strong, conscious Fi users in the same way I am antagonistically pre-disposed towards strong, conscious Si users. Why? BECAUSE THEY INVOLVE OUR POLR FUNCTIONS, functions that irritate us, but that we must possess some sort of competency in to survive though we don't cognitively value them, which is very uncomfortable and annoying af. Though both the Suggestive and PoLR are weak, we are more receptive and welcoming to one over the other. That is a key indicator when deciphering one's type.

    You ever hear of Occam's Razor? It's a logical principle that states that "simpler solutions are more likely to be correct than complex ones." Based on the evidence, the simpler conclusion is that he is a ILE that consciously values Ti and subconsciously values Si versus some ersatz LSE that outright disdains his dualizing function, relishes in his ignoring function and easily bypasses a core aspect of his ego.
    Lol dont even bother arguing with that

  9. #49
    pinkcanary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    SEI-Si 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonutTaganes View Post
    Definitely! But I'm definitely not economic, not particularly protective, I'm garbage at aesthetics (got help from a friend), and my pallet is garbo; I barely care how food tastes.
    It's annoying my dual barely cares how food tastes and is supposed to be paired with the one who is the best at making it.

  10. #50
    a two horned unicorn renegade Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logical supermacy torturing So(u)ls
    TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7 ELFV?
    Posts
    4,282
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkcanary View Post
    It's annoying my dual barely cares how food tastes and is supposed to be paired with the one who is the best at making it.
    ILE's are usually very particular about their taste in negative sense. No need to be good but never and I mean never it can be potentially bad (subjectively). ILE's probably starve themselves to death before they taste something totally undesirable (and this is very subjective as I can eat needles from a spruce but not white sauce with eggs).
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I donít care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

  11. #51
    a two horned unicorn renegade Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logical supermacy torturing So(u)ls
    TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7 ELFV?
    Posts
    4,282
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Supplement: I'm actually reverting back to IEE. You generated a criteria for friendship using externally validating criteria. And you devalued Fi with your own Fi in my ears. I can be wrong. For example when I'm being humanized by Fi it makes me feel like I'm a criminal who has broken rules or who should break bunch of "rules" (rule is a bad for word for understanding external) for someone for the sake of relation... which is super bad. Somehow introverted feeling valuers sound like corruptible people.

    In essence: Fi is the healing bandage to Te to make you feel like a robot again and Ti can just become one of accepting deficiencies within a company (Fe).
    Last edited by Troll Nr 007; 05-22-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I donít care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

  12. #52
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    326
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Supplement: I'm actually reverting back to IEE. You generated a criteria for friendship using externally validating criteria. And you devalued Fi with your own Fi in my ears.
    Everyone has, at the very least, 1D Fi, which is confined to experience. He knows that strong, conscious Fi users make him uncomfortable, and that he doesn't like this, based on past experiences. That doesn't necessarily indicate 3D Fi. Moreover, in the example he gave in the video, the uncomfortable experience of someone closing psychological distances so quickly and outright speaking to that with facility involved a delta NF--were he also a delta NF, is it likely he would have felt so uncomfortable during that exchange? No. Granted, one delta NF's subjective Fi values can certainly clash with another delta NF's Fi values, but it's not like in response to his liking an "Elsa lip balm," the girl said some shit like "I prefer my babies roasted, but lightly seasoned, so as to not override the natural flavor of the meat." It seemed as if he were freaked out by having to make an advanced, high D Fi evaluation about someone who had already done that to him.

  13. #53
    a two horned unicorn renegade Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logical supermacy torturing So(u)ls
    TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7 ELFV?
    Posts
    4,282
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Everyone has, at the very least, 1D Fi, which is confined to experience. He knows that strong, conscious Fi users make him uncomfortable, and that he doesn't like this, based on past experiences. That doesn't necessarily indicate 3D Fi. Moreover, in the example he gave in the video, the uncomfortable experience of someone closing psychological distances so quickly and outright speaking to that with facility involved a delta NF--were he also a delta NF, is it likely he would have felt so uncomfortable during that exchange? No. Granted, one delta NF's subjective Fi values can certainly clash with another delta NF's Fi values, but it's not like in response to his liking an "Elsa lip balm," the girl said some shit like "I prefer my babies roasted, but lightly seasoned, so as to not override the natural flavor of the meat." It seemed as if he were freaked out by having to make an advanced, high D Fi evaluation about someone who had already done that to him.
    UUf fine... LSE might make more sense.

    BTW from the video: vibe thingy is quite likely irrational NF stuff.. I suppose it could make LSE uncomfortable. Feel the pulse of the universe (IEI) together.. or mother earth (IEE).... aka intuitive base perception backed up with feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I donít care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

  14. #54

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had very strongly considered LIE, but I cannot get over my feelings on Ti/Fe versus Fi/Te.

    Not sure what you're referring to as "vibe thingy." I'm very much involved in all that hippie dippie stuff. I did a peyote ritual like two weeks ago.

  15. #55
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,594
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonutTaganes View Post
    I had very strongly considered LIE, but I cannot get over my feelings on Ti/Fe versus Fi/Te.

    Not sure what you're referring to as "vibe thingy." I'm very much involved in all that hippie dippie stuff. I did a peyote ritual like two weeks ago.
    What are your favorite foods why do you like them
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  16. #56
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    326
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonutTaganes View Post
    I had very strongly considered LIE, but I cannot get over my feelings on Ti/Fe versus Fi/Te.

    Not sure what you're referring to as "vibe thingy." I'm very much involved in all that hippie dippie stuff. I did a peyote ritual like two weeks ago.
    Clearly, you aren't completely ignorant to Socionics theory, do you have a few types that resonate most with you?

  17. #57

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Favorite foods: I often joke that tequila is my favorite food. When I first went out drinking I was enraptured by the process of licking the salt, taking the shot, and sucking on the lime. I also really like chips and salsa as well as pistachios. I'm realizing right now in this moment my favorite foods have nothing to do with the taste, but instead the fact that you have to actively eat them and go through a process (dipping the chip, unshelling the pistachio) instead of just consuming it. Outside of that I eat stuff that's wrapped or easy to prepare, like rice and beans. I'm also a vegetarian.

    Types that resonate: NTs and Beta types. I probably don't come off as strong enough to be SLE, people get surprised when I tell them I played sports. ILI has some strong resonance in some ways, but I highly doubt I'm Fe PolR. LIE had been the type I said I was for a while, but I just felt more and more like I had Bold or Ego based Ti.

  18. #58
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    2,706
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    would you mind taking the https://aimtoknow.com/test_beta? we're going in all directions here and it's a bit confusing. I'm lost as in what to type you right now, I don't think you have a full grasp of what the functions mean, or how they'd behave inside the psyche model, for example I don't think your Fi is so unvalued, because of how you managed to make the videos you posted... it'd be better to be logic about this, take a test!

  19. #59
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,594
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonutTaganes View Post
    Favorite foods: I often joke that tequila is my favorite food. When I first went out drinking I was enraptured by the process of licking the salt, taking the shot, and sucking on the lime. I also really like chips and salsa as well as pistachios. I'm realizing right now in this moment my favorite foods have nothing to do with the taste, but instead the fact that you have to actively eat them and go through a process (dipping the chip, unshelling the pistachio) instead of just consuming it. Outside of that I eat stuff that's wrapped or easy to prepare, like rice and beans. I'm also a vegetarian.

    Types that resonate: NTs and Beta types. I probably don't come off as strong enough to be SLE, people get surprised when I tell them I played sports. ILI has some strong resonance in some ways, but I highly doubt I'm Fe PolR. LIE had been the type I said I was for a while, but I just felt more and more like I had Bold or Ego based Ti.
    If you are picking these types how do you explain your overwhelming Te base in EVERYTHING you speak about?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  20. #60
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    326
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    If you are picking these types how do you explain your overwhelming Te base in EVERYTHING you speak about?
    To someone who is anorexic (read: 1D Te), everyone else can appear to be "fat" and eating a lot of the same shit, whereas those on a muscular, high protein diet (read: 4D Te), can better decipher who is actually eating like they do. I don't get much Te base from his comments and I would know better than you because that's the language I speak instinctively. That being said, an ILE would have 4D Te and so you are not wrong to pick some of it up, but it is not as explicit as you perceive it to be.

  21. #61
    WinnieW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    1,254
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    ILE's probably starve themselves to death before they taste something totally undesirable (and this is very subjective as I can eat needles from a spruce but not white sauce with eggs).
    Is a strong dislike for a specifc type of food really type related? I mean, for most if not all people there is some kind of food they can't stand.
    E.g. in my case. I can's stand coconut pulp, both the taste and the mouth feel. I'd describe the mouth feel of it as "greasy saw dust".
    I'd starve to death when stranded on a tropical island when the only source of food would be coconut palms; ironically you could live for a period of weeks only eating coconut pulp, because it belongs to the group of "complete food".
    ...and I can't stand the combination of peanut and caramel... There is a specfic brand of chocolate bar... I guess most readers know which brand I'm talking writing about.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 05-22-2019 at 11:35 PM.

  22. #62
    WinnieW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    1,254
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkcanary View Post
    It's annoying my dual barely cares how food tastes and is supposed to be paired with the one who is the best at making it.
    Side note: My mom is most likely SEI-Si too, and I appreciated her cooking and baking skills... I moved out some time in the past.

    As far as I can tell she doesn't even use recipes in written form. She has the recipes for at least 20 different meals, a bunch of cakes and pies, and how to prepare them in her head.
    Amazing... on the other hand she needs help with insurance and tax related stuff.

  23. #63

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Outside of the Quadra dissonance I'm feeling quite comfortable with ILE as a typing right now.

  24. #64
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    2,706
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @DonutTaganes, good to know, just wondering, have you tried any socionics or functions tests?

  25. #65

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes I have. Last time I took one I believe I got ILI.

  26. #66
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    2,706
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh, fine. do you remember which one was that?

  27. #67
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    2,706
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was thinking you could be a LII-Ne too, which would look like a ILI and ILE but operates from Ti + Ne compartments (most tests don't show subtypes, only sociotype.com does)

  28. #68

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It was the Sociotype test. Not totally sure on LII versus ILE, why do you think the former over the latter?

  29. #69
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    2,706
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    -because you reminded me of ILIs' instincts more than ILEs' (LII and ILI are quasi-identicals so more easy to mistype)

    -because of your self identification with Ti in your video

    -because Idk, but you showed somehow "submissed" erotic preferences in the first video, which I associated to Ni but that could just be a sign of introversion (btw, erotic preferences are to take with a pinch of salt...)

    btw, choose the type which you find more fitting, if it's ILE, go for it : )

  30. #70
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Same type as this guy, Jack Hodgins, from Bones.


  31. #71
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Play them at the same time.





  32. #72
    a two horned unicorn renegade Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logical supermacy torturing So(u)ls
    TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7 ELFV?
    Posts
    4,282
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Play them at the same time.




    Should I say LIE confirmed (socionics version not the testosterone oozing commander meathead who also has CPU chip installed in his head... from Keirsey/MBTI)
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I donít care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

  33. #73

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Play them at the same time.




    Wow nice catch! I've never seen the show before.

  34. #74
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonutTaganes View Post
    Wow nice catch! I've never seen the show before.
    you bet.

  35. #75

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Should I say LIE confirmed (socionics version not the testosterone oozing commander meathead who also has CPU chip installed in his head... from Keirsey/MBTI)
    Like I mentioned, I've never seen the show, but I cannot find a single reference to the character online that doesn't say he leads with Ne. Can you expound on your thoughts?

  36. #76
    a two horned unicorn renegade Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logical supermacy torturing So(u)ls
    TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7 ELFV?
    Posts
    4,282
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonutTaganes View Post
    Like I mentioned, I've never seen the show, but I cannot find a single reference to the character online that doesn't say he leads with Ne. Can you expound on your thoughts?
    That dude in show seems to be quite clear epitome of LIE. Proactive and inventive. Te-Ne seems to work parallel in him. Te-Se (aka LSE) would be more proactive and directive. However it is not clear to me which one is closer to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I donít care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

  37. #77

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    That dude in show seems to be quite clear epitome of LIE. Proactive and inventive. Te-Ne seems to work parallel in him. Te-Se (aka LSE) would be more proactive and directive. However it is not clear to me which one is closer to you.
    Can you see how "seems like" isn't a particularly compelling argument? Even if the other posts I cited were also using "seems like" as a justification they at least have a majority on their side, you know? If you want me to take your point seriously you'll need to justify it more with reasons or else I'm stuck with "one internet rando versus six internet randos."

  38. #78
    a two horned unicorn renegade Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logical supermacy torturing So(u)ls
    TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7 ELFV?
    Posts
    4,282
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonutTaganes View Post
    Can you see how "seems like" isn't a particularly compelling argument? Even if the other posts I cited were also using "seems like" as a justification they at least have a majority on their side, you know? If you want me to take your point seriously you'll need to justify it more with reasons or else I'm stuck with "one internet rando versus six internet randos."
    Like it is.. calibrate theory against reality and place yourself in it and be happy. The first step is the hardest one. Someone could say run whilst you can . The video and stuff is not direct reference of various interactions and thoughts you are having throughout the day. I'd look for sore points... or something the ways are numerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I donít care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

  39. #79

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    254
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    "I tend to be consumed by women" Se/Ni, I'd say ILI
    One ILE-Ti said that he wants to be consumed when we were talking about relationships. ILIs say that they like or support the underdog, but in life, I see that ILE is more prone to do than ILIs. Maybe its better to look at someone's action rather than their words. Maybe ILI support the underdog much more deeply in their hearts and ILE wants to be consumed more than s/he shows. Maybe they have different definitions/descriptions of things, they support the underdog in different ways and they are consumed differently.

    This is out of topic but it can be related somehow. @DonutTaganes What do you mean by being consumed? Can you give examples or details? Do you want to be consumed or is it something that happens?

  40. #80

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    By "being consumed" I mean that a plurality of my decisions and much of my day to day thought processes end up being focused on "her." This ends up giving her a lot of power in my life because she's nearly omnipresent in my life, whether she's around in my physical space or if I've not seen her in a week.

    For example, I was once quite interested in a co-worker. Our manger regularly asked me to break the employees into different groups while we were transporting products. Being in her group would guarantee a significant amount of positive one on one time. Each time I'd have to ask myself whether or not to pair myself up to her. I'd question the ethics of me using my position of power to leverage alone time with someone and I'd get worried that me doing so would be pretty transparently about me being with her.

    When it was obvious we'd be the most effective pairing I'd do it, when it was obvious a different setup was needed I'd do it, when I was stuck making a rather arbitrary choice I'd pull out a die and roll it to stop by bias from influencing me while still getting a shot to pair up.

    No matter what though, in the instances I'm into someone (it's happened 5 times in my life) they kinda hijack my brain. In theory I want it for when I find my future life partner, but when it's been over someone I couldn't be with (either initially or after a breakup) it really quite sucks.

    Edit: it's also just kinda freaky to know someone has that much influence over me.
    Last edited by DonutTaganes; 05-26-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •