Thread: the goofy/goofball nature of EII-INFj

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default the goofy/goofball nature of EII-INFj

So recently I've made some wonderful EII friends. It's been like looking at myself in the mirror. One of them told me how much of a goof ball she is and I hadn't really thought about how that works into my duality until today when my husband and I were driving to the grocery store.

He has been very up and arms about work lately. The whole operations and process of the industry that he works in has been very unethical. They have been trying to cut corners and not pay their sales people 3% (just 3%) of the sales they bring into the company. He landed a very big account where the company would potentially give my husband a very big sales bonus but they don't want to. My husband being LSE has been repeatedly expressing his frustrations about the job. All kinds of negative ranting is requiring a patient listener. And finally he said "I think I'm experiencing real depression about this situation. What do you think I should do?" I told him what he should do.

When we were driving past the high school I attended I told him "oh this is the HS I went to babe. They shot Greese here." And, I broke into the ending theme song. He sang along with me and at the end of the song he says "I feel better. That made me feel better." Once he had felt better I told him to appreciate the beauty of life all around him in the moment. I told him how happy I was just be in his company. He said "what with me complaining about my job?" I said "sure, because you help me live in the present too." And, that's how you get an ESTj out of depression.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some EIIs have done stupid things and some have some very weird ideas like most types but goofy isn't the best adjective. The word 'goofy' or 'goof-ball' implies a sort of whimsical nature but EIIs tend to be very deliberate about what they do. Realizing what someone or a group needs and delivering an ad hoc performance is a long way from regularly doing things on a whim.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you are a goofball, so to say.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Some EIIs have done stupid things and some have some very weird ideas like most types but goofy isn't the best adjective. The word 'goofy' or 'goof-ball' implies a sort of whimsical nature but EIIs tend to be very deliberate about what they do. Realizing what someone or a group needs and delivering an ad hoc performance is a long way from regularly doing things on a whim.

a.k.a. I/O
    Definitely
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, I can be a goofball when I am comfortable around people.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Well you are a goofball, so to say.
    lol thanks
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    this is how you are a goofball?

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It definitely depends upon the EII, and there are a variety of us. I think with the way that EIIs present at first, it may not suggest goofyness, but if it is there, it's a big part of us. It is a way that humans connect, and there would be a certain awareness to the humor of an EII. Or it can be a mechanism of dealing with fear or pain, and take one's mind off of it.

I would say that being silly is a big part of my personality. When you first meet me, I'm more or less reserved and quiet but once you get to know me it's pretty evident. There have been some people who have assumed I don't have much of a sense of humor before I let them see the real me. xD. I also laugh pretty easily. Or my ne making random silly connections. Like thinking of how a song connects to a certain situation in a humorous sort of way. I like random humor/satire humor, and my humor kind of has a dark side to it.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?